Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,549 members, 7,837,102 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:55 PM

Soldiers Kill Noel Chigbu In His Car At Owerri Checkpoint, Lie Against Him - Crime (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Soldiers Kill Noel Chigbu In His Car At Owerri Checkpoint, Lie Against Him (63424 Views)

Noel Njoku, Nigerian Driver Shot Dead While Delivering Food In USA (Picture) / Noel Brown Is Kidnapper Evans New Lawyer / Soldiers Kill Vigilante Man In Edo, Free Robber Herdsmen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Re: Soldiers Kill Noel Chigbu In His Car At Owerri Checkpoint, Lie Against Him by Nobody: 9:16pm On May 12, 2021
weslay:
How many more Igbo youths need to die before igbos realise that Mazi Nnamdi Kalu and his family are overseas.

If he really wish to liberate his people, he should at least do the noble thing by coming back home.

I agree with you that any group of people has the right to defend itself against planned onslaught. Also, I supported the creation of ESN with the sole aim of protecting Igbos from been slaughter in their land. However, the recent turn if events that has resulted in killing of policemen some of whom might be Igbos and burning down of government buildings clearly shows that ESN has lost it's focus and if the current situation is not addressed the entire south east could be heading for anarchy.

I have no problems with IPOB/ESN/EbubeAgu. As a matter of fact, I think it is necessary. The problem I have is when you try to fight everyone at the same time. Know who your enemies are, know those you have to fight now and those you save for later.

How many Igbos needs to die in the hands of the Fulani herdmen and the security agencies? When ESN was not bearing arms, was Igbos not being killed by Herdmen? Were they not being killed by security agencies? There is something called Retributive and restorative justice. Put the blame first in what made reprisal to exist. Because without those, the other events would not have occurred
Re: Soldiers Kill Noel Chigbu In His Car At Owerri Checkpoint, Lie Against Him by chukel(m): 4:06pm On May 13, 2021
Very unfortunate incident. However, i read the whole story and something the brother said struck me. Only his back windscreen was shot and shattered. The front and side glasses were intact. This only goes to show he refused to stop at the checkpoint, so they opened fired after he passed. Most of us don't read. Quite unfortunate. In times like this, no need forming james bond. If soldiers or police stop you, stop. In fact avoid late nights as much as possible.
Re: Soldiers Kill Noel Chigbu In His Car At Owerri Checkpoint, Lie Against Him by chukel(m): 4:08pm On May 13, 2021
YoungBlackRico:
Bro we are Nigerians. You and I know how the scenario leading to his untimely death probably played out. These guys are on edge at the moment, on a normal day they no stable self talk of now.

The fact that they didn't abandon his corpse on the road and had to go through proper procedures with the police says a lot about what transpired. Besides he was shot driving away from the said check point...if they claim he refused to stop for the normal routine no one can contest that anywhere in the world. People have been killed for less by the US police.

That said, I am not justifying this and may his soul find peace.
the evidence that he defaulted at the checkpoint was already indirectly stated by the brother who said only the back windscreen was shot and shattered. All others were intact. Means he was shot from behind.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Woman Murdered At Agbor-nta In Delta State (very Very Graphic) / Abia Police Arrest Killers Of Husband And Wife (Photos) / Police Link Oko Oloyun’s Death To Fraud, Arson In Lagos Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.