Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:24 PM

Please Advice Am In Love With A Moslem And He Has Proposed - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Please Advice Am In Love With A Moslem And He Has Proposed (1820 Views)

As A Christian Can You Marry A Moslem / A Married Man I'm In Love With Has Proposed To Me / How To Win The Love Of A Moslem Girl Or Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Advice Am In Love With A Moslem And He Has Proposed by wee2: 4:29pm On Apr 27, 2011
Dear All,

Am a christian and my boyfriend is a moslem he wants us to get married and am so scared what do you all think should i accept his proposal am so confused.
He wants me to remain a christain while he practices his religion and we should be happy in the house without problems. i love this guy so much i need you candid opinion everyone i would appreciate a good response. thanks
Re: Please Advice Am In Love With A Moslem And He Has Proposed by georgem(m): 4:53pm On Apr 27, 2011
1st i want to say i'm a strong believer of the fact that true love knows no religion, language, tribe or colour, it just breaks all barriers and obeys no law or custom.
hey wait there, yes a serious one, there is need to look left and right before you go on and cross that line. its really very important you know this. where will you guys be living, up in the north or down here in the south/west? this is so important because of the devilish influence of the north and the madness that goes on freely in the air out there. else your love might just be another useless sacrifice. abi what does it profit anyone if you go on and love him while you guys are going to be up there in the north and then someday he is brainwashed that you are an infidel and thus should be slaughtered as an animal? impossible she? well thats if you are going to be living down here in the west or south(Lagos especially)
then also you need rto be convinced the guy is trully educated not that he went to school but trully educated well enough to understand that you are worth more than your colour,race and even religion, that we are who we are not where we are from or what we do.
then also you need to consider his family influence.
tick this three correct, then i would say jump into it dear and enjoy a blissful relationship but word of caution do not decieve yourself for that would be the worst thing. be very sincere even if it would hurt you what your answers are after your analysis. remember its your future and life we are talking here not story land
Re: Please Advice Am In Love With A Moslem And He Has Proposed by Nobody: 5:05pm On Apr 27, 2011
WTF. . Are you out of your mind?
Re: Please Advice Am In Love With A Moslem And He Has Proposed by Pweety4me(f): 5:09pm On Apr 27, 2011
You can't even spell it, it's muslim not 'moslem' undecided
Re: Please Advice Am In Love With A Moslem And He Has Proposed by divalishis: 5:12pm On Apr 27, 2011
@georgem
seconded.
Re: Please Advice Am In Love With A Moslem And He Has Proposed by tunnytox(m): 5:36pm On Apr 27, 2011
Marry him and you'll have to be a Muslim and raise your kids as Muslims, if that is fine by you then you have no problem. If you believe him that he'll allow you to practice your religion then you are surely living in fools paradise very soon the current heat will cool off and you'll be faced with reality.? A word is enough for the wise
Re: Please Advice Am In Love With A Moslem And He Has Proposed by francisj(m): 6:53pm On Apr 27, 2011
tunnytox:

Marry him and you'll have to be a Muslim and raise your kids as Muslims, if that is fine by you then you have no problem. If you believe him that he'll allow you to practice your religion then you are surely living in fools paradise very soon the current heat will cool off and you'll be faced with reality.? A word is enough for the wise
[/quote]

[quote]
gbam.
Re: Please Advice Am In Love With A Moslem And He Has Proposed by obowunmi(m): 6:56pm On Apr 27, 2011
Deluded man for a deluded woman. What will you do when you have children ?
Re: Please Advice Am In Love With A Moslem And He Has Proposed by toyemz(f): 7:08pm On Apr 27, 2011
@ poster

go ahead and marry the guy if you really love him. love is really strong,
hope you have a blissful married life
be humble be noble
don't criticise anything pertaining to his religion
and practise being a christian but don't become a freak or go the extra mile of trying to convert him( since he hasn't tried to convert you
one problem though( which i hope you will let be)
is that for sure your children will be Muslims
that you cant stop
good luck
Re: Please Advice Am In Love With A Moslem And He Has Proposed by chyke27(m): 4:32am On Apr 28, 2011
If you are a CHRISTian,then who are you supposed to seek HIS opinion?
Re: Please Advice Am In Love With A Moslem And He Has Proposed by african1(f): 4:55am On Apr 28, 2011
It MUSLIM not moslem, gosh it is like a different world. Anyway I think you should consider your values, and your family's values first. If you love him you can marry him of course, but know what you are getting into. Not that I am saying you will be in trouble, because NO matter what anybody says MUSLIM husbands are very awesome. Just make you sure you are prepared first.
Re: Please Advice Am In Love With A Moslem And He Has Proposed by wee2: 7:46am On Apr 28, 2011
Hello all,

I said u all should advice and not insult

Posted by: Pweety4me
Insert Quote
You can't even spell it, it's muslim not 'moslem' @ pweetyme; i think you should have not bothered at all to write anything.
@ everyone thanks for your advice i will follow my heart and pray to God.
Re: Please Advice Am In Love With A Moslem And He Has Proposed by namfav(m): 8:59am On Apr 28, 2011
wee2 don't worry what they say, it is usually the ones who have no GOD that believe those things about muslims, moost of us are taught about respect, if he didn't ask you to convert he wont do it unless it's out of your own freewill also it's good if both of you can learn about each others religions, it makes things easier as we are living in a world of misconceptions
Re: Please Advice Am In Love With A Moslem And He Has Proposed by pepperless: 9:01am On Apr 28, 2011
if u are prepared to become a muslima nd train ur children in d muslim way den u can go ahead, buh if ur values and ideals dont ff d muslim way pls help urself by opting out. Cuz even if ur hubby wnts to support u, he mite get influenced by his ppl so tink twice
Re: Please Advice Am In Love With A Moslem And He Has Proposed by bobeefc(f): 10:13am On Apr 28, 2011
Moslem and muslim are both in d dictionary, mean d same thing. Seriously pple shld google spellings b4 commenting @wee the bible says do not be unequally yoked. 4get all love-love follow ur heart thing, use ur head too. One of u has to convert for it to be peaceful or u seperate. Word!
Re: Please Advice Am In Love With A Moslem And He Has Proposed by namfav(m): 10:16am On Apr 28, 2011
bobeefc:

Moslem and muslim are both in d dictionary, mean d same thing. Seriously pple shld google spellings b4 commenting @wee the bible says do not be unequally yoked. 4get all love-love follow your heart thing, use your head too. One of u has to convert for it to be peaceful or u seperate. Word!

we also pronounce it as mslm,mouslim,moslm,mouslem,muslem,muslm,msalam etc., same words
Re: Please Advice Am In Love With A Moslem And He Has Proposed by Babypinkyz(f): 11:36am On Apr 28, 2011
Go ahead, marry him! Gudluck gal
Re: Please Advice Am In Love With A Moslem And He Has Proposed by stuffs4me(m): 7:56pm On Apr 28, 2011
@ poster,
I think your finance loves and respects you a lot which is why he’s letting you practice your religion. As a Muslim myself, I want to let you know that he has shifted a lot of ground on his side and you should appreciate that cos not very many Muslim guys will like to marry outside their religion.

It’s the misconception about Islam and Muslims that has generated some of this kind of fears.

I’ll tell you something, a Muslim friend of mine traveled to the US and after getting there got engaged to and married a Christian American lady. Less than a year after they got married, she of her own will decided to be a Muslim, to cut short the story, the lady’s sister and her mother eventually became Muslims too. It is my sincere hope that you shall see the real Islam through your fiancé.
Wishing you the best of luck
Re: Please Advice Am In Love With A Moslem And He Has Proposed by Araboy(m): 1:30am On Apr 29, 2011
Living as couple practicing different religions is not without its challenges but also is not impossible if both you and your fiance are preparing yourself to learn and constantly trying to reach out to the other with patience depth and tenderness
Each one of you must remember each day that the person with whom you sharing your life comes with his or her own history wounds sensitivities and hope I hope you guys learn to listen to understand to observe and to stay away from the fanatics from both side who might have a hidden agenda to convert you and lure you to their religion
Re: Please Advice Am In Love With A Moslem And He Has Proposed by Yem2ram(m): 2:27am On Apr 29, 2011
U've done d right thing by going 2 with ur heart.but i just want u 2 know dat luv is stronger than religion so make d religion d last 2 consider.u need 2 convince urself dat his d right person 4 u cos if u made d right step,u've made a paradise from earth.i pray u made d right decision.lol
Re: Please Advice Am In Love With A Moslem And He Has Proposed by simpleseyi: 4:30pm On Apr 29, 2011
I go to the mosque while my wife goes to the church. Occassionally, I drive her to the church. Every morning, she wakes me up for morning devotion, when I feel like, I join her, sometimes, I tell her to let me sleep and just pray for me. However, I don't invite her to the mosque, religion and salvation is a personal thing. We are very happy together. Some of her/my friends (both christians and moslems) who are married to people of same religion still tell us about their marital problems. We are so grateful to GOD for bringing us together. GOD is truly one.
Re: Please Advice Am In Love With A Moslem And He Has Proposed by Arcadia(f): 10:07am On Apr 30, 2011
@poster.go buy their bead (for prayer), rubber kettle (for washin their ish) and mat (for salutation). Arm urself wit these becos e clear say ur ready 2becom a musulumi.
Re: Please Advice Am In Love With A Moslem And He Has Proposed by kobikwelu(m): 8:18pm On Apr 30, 2011
@OP

height of naivete

smh
Re: Please Advice Am In Love With A Moslem And He Has Proposed by MrsChima(f): 8:20pm On Apr 30, 2011
OP

Congratulations. undecided undecided undecided
Re: Please Advice Am In Love With A Moslem And He Has Proposed by Dsense(m): 8:27pm On Apr 30, 2011
OP.
CONGRATS undecided undecided undecided
Re: Please Advice Am In Love With A Moslem And He Has Proposed by Azedplus(m): 9:07pm On Apr 30, 2011
firstly,with all faithfulness ISLAM IS A RELIGION OF PEACE.forget the crisis in the north or rather ask ur self are there no muslim in the U.S or Lagos?ever heard of religious crisis there,my point = we in this part of the world have are misconcepted many things with religion.to ur topic,consider his religious & cultural belief,family among others but please not the religion but how he does it.rember Rev.king saga,so its not just muslim.THE MOST IMPORTANT IS THE LOVE.
Re: Please Advice Am In Love With A Moslem And He Has Proposed by Phate07(m): 9:13pm On Apr 30, 2011

Go on and marry him. And live happily ever after.
Re: Please Advice Am In Love With A Moslem And He Has Proposed by Dsense(m): 9:25pm On Apr 30, 2011
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Please Advice Am In Love With A Moslem And He Has Proposed by nanidee(f): 10:30pm On Apr 30, 2011
Complete this, and you would get the answer to your qtn.

Be not unequally yoked,

A word is enough for the wise.
Re: Please Advice Am In Love With A Moslem And He Has Proposed by Quelme: 11:31pm On Apr 30, 2011
If sincerely u luv d guy go ahead and marry him. Gettin married 2a fellow xtain doesn't gaurantee a sucesfu marriage, so just ensure u both understand each oda very well, communicate, trust nd above all lov each. Know dis 'it is different stroke 4different folks' i pray urs b a hapi endin ever afta, So gudluck 2u,
Re: Please Advice Am In Love With A Moslem And He Has Proposed by Quelme: 11:32pm On Apr 30, 2011
If sincerely u luv d guy go ahead and marry him. Gettin married 2a fellow xtain doesn't gaurantee a sucesfu marriage, so just ensure u both understand each oda very well, communicate, trust nd above all lov each. Know dis 'it is different stroke 4different folks' i pray urs b a hapi endin ever afta, So gudluck 2u,
Re: Please Advice Am In Love With A Moslem And He Has Proposed by igbogolo: 12:09pm On May 01, 2011
Poster,
a dude proposes and you run to nairaland for advise.
did you tell him to wait for you to get an answer from nairaland before you accept or reject his proposal?
In other words, what did you say when he proposed? Because I think you may already have accepted the proposal. If so why this post? But if you have not yet accepted, here is one thought for you:
1. People say love is blind, No! Use your head! Always use your head. Am glad you are using your head cos if you weren't you wouldn't post this here.

2. Is he a northern Muslim? If yes please keep away. After hearing the bau hi governor dismiss corners death as destiny, I came to the conclusion that life means nothing to them.
3. If he is southern muslim, you may go ahead. If seen very educated and liberal Yoruba Muslim men in a fantastic relationship with Christian women. And your kids most likely wouldbe Muslims.
4. Always use hour head to make decidions. I use mine and havensver regretted it.
5. Goodluck with the decision you make infuture

(1) (2) (Reply)

Show Me Some Love / Guys Which Do U Prefer, Fair Complexioned Ladies Or The Dark Ones? / Can You Gist A Girl In Pidgin English Language?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.