Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,743 members, 7,820,556 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:08 PM

Pray For Me, If You Want Me To Be Governor - Ekweremadu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pray For Me, If You Want Me To Be Governor - Ekweremadu (1501 Views)

I was impeached because I wanted to be Governor' - Former Edo Deputy-Gov, Shaibu / Seyi Tinubu: Bola Tinubu Positions Son To Be Governor In 2023 - Sahara Reporters / If Buhari Can Be President, My Son-in-law Should Be Governor – Okorocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pray For Me, If You Want Me To Be Governor - Ekweremadu by wilfredokeke: 12:49am On May 16, 2021
Former Deputy President of the Senate and the current senator representing Enugu West Senatorial district, Senator Ike Ekweremadu has urged the people of Enugu to pray for him if they want him to become the governor in 2023. The senator was speaking at an event organized by ANCAS Global outreach Inc and Coal City USA in Enugu over the weekend.

The senator who described himself as a child of destiny said that God has been the secret of his successes in life. According to him, he became the leader of his age grade at the age of twelve and became the president of his town union at the age of thirty, making him the youngest person to attain that position. Ekweremadu pointed out that his rise to the peak of Nigerian politics has been a function of God’s direction and he remains committed to following the lead of God. He went further to say that he has no personal plans or ambitions for 2023 but he is only willing to tow the path of divine direction. He, therefore, urged the people who desire him to be governor of Enugu state in 2023 to pray for him as it is only God who has the final say as to who becomes the next governor.

Speaking further, Ekweremadu encouraged young people at the event to remain determined to achieve success regardless of the prevailing circumstances. In his words, “your background has nothing to do with your greatness, you can grow from anywhere only if you are determined to be great”. He said that prior to his becoming a senator, nobody would have believed that someone from his remote village, Mpu can become a senator of the federal republic let alone becoming the deputy president of the Nigerian senate. He therefore encouraged young people to never give up on their dreams as no one wins a race he didn’t participate in.

The convener of the event, Rev. Maxwell Onyia eulogized Ekweremadu for being an outstanding and exceptional politician. He described the lawmaker as a man of the people who is humble and easily accessible to people regardless of their social status. Rev. Onyia said that Nigeria at this point needs more politicians like Ekweremadu who are nurtured by the fear of God so that people can have a true feel of good governance. The cleric prayed for Ekweramadu and wished him well in his future political endeavours.

Re: Pray For Me, If You Want Me To Be Governor - Ekweremadu by moriss33(m): 1:07am On May 16, 2021
This Old Politician should go & rest pls...we need to retire this class of politicians, they have caused more harm than good to Nigeria.
What we need now are vibrant youths atop the Helmand of affairs to drive this nation forward.

4 Likes

Re: Pray For Me, If You Want Me To Be Governor - Ekweremadu by flemsy15(m): 1:09am On May 16, 2021
OP, no link to source?
Re: Pray For Me, If You Want Me To Be Governor - Ekweremadu by tandy2013: 1:12am On May 16, 2021
Ekweremmadu pls retire. You have been in gov for over 25 yrs and nothing to show for it esp for your people. You keep on stealing money meant for the development of our Ala Igbo.

We dont want old politicians . We need Biafra to build our nation

6 Likes

Re: Pray For Me, If You Want Me To Be Governor - Ekweremadu by doggedfighter(f): 1:18am On May 16, 2021
This old conniving greedy , selfish fellow.

You want everything to yourself undecided

Nonsense.

I know some are praying already undecided

5 Likes

Re: Pray For Me, If You Want Me To Be Governor - Ekweremadu by moriss33(m): 1:27am On May 16, 2021
Very greedy old foolish politician...pesin wey suppose don retire
tandy2013:
Ekweremmadu pls retire. You have been in gov for over 25 yrs and nothing to show for it esp for your people. You keep on stealing money meant for the development of our Ala Igbo.

We dont want old politicians . We need Biafra to build our nation

1 Like

Re: Pray For Me, If You Want Me To Be Governor - Ekweremadu by InaNla(f): 2:06am On May 16, 2021
Criminal!

Na only you waka come?

2 Likes

Re: Pray For Me, If You Want Me To Be Governor - Ekweremadu by Turantula(m): 2:10am On May 16, 2021
Ekweremadu please go to Germany a man of God wants to pray for you there

4 Likes

Re: Pray For Me, If You Want Me To Be Governor - Ekweremadu by LikeAking: 2:22am On May 16, 2021
Him no fit pray for himself.

Him wey don make am expect the poor to pray for am.

Na him suppose to dey pray for people sef.

2 Likes

Re: Pray For Me, If You Want Me To Be Governor - Ekweremadu by LikeAking: 2:24am On May 16, 2021
moriss33:
This Old Politician should go & rest pls...we need to retire this class of politicians, they have caused more harm than good to Nigeria.
What we need now are vibrant youths atop the Helmand of affairs to drive this nation forward.

What have the younger politician like Desmond Eliot and co done?

The youths wont do shit.

Dont put your hope on the youths.
Re: Pray For Me, If You Want Me To Be Governor - Ekweremadu by pricklewane: 3:13am On May 16, 2021
What about youth like Ikpeazu or youth like Theodore Orji son that lead Abia state house of assembly on daily looting of you, your father's n unborn generations destiny. When will you mention that instead of Desmond that did not steal anything from wretched Alaigbo.

LikeAking:

What have the younger politician like Desmond Eliot and co done?

The youths wont do shit.

Dont put your hope on the youths.

5 Likes

Re: Pray For Me, If You Want Me To Be Governor - Ekweremadu by heniford2: 4:01am On May 16, 2021
This man has really worked hard to improve his people come 2023 we will give him chance to run as a governor
Re: Pray For Me, If You Want Me To Be Governor - Ekweremadu by DatIgalaDude: 4:38am On May 16, 2021
He should bring candle, kneel down and let's pray for him by spraying him holy perfume.

Some people greed no get rival.

1 Like

Re: Pray For Me, If You Want Me To Be Governor - Ekweremadu by SmartPolician: 5:37am On May 16, 2021
Ekweremadu is extremely greedy.
Ndi Enugu should resist this madness.
Is he the only eligible politician in the state?

The biggest challenge is that Enugu has no opposition. Whoever the PDP adopts as flagbearer becomes the governor.

This man has been relevant in politics since 1999 and it's actually nauseating to learn that he hasn't dropped his gubernatorial ambition.

3 Likes

Re: Pray For Me, If You Want Me To Be Governor - Ekweremadu by helinues: 5:40am On May 16, 2021
That's after wasting so many years at the Senate with nothing tangible to point out to as achievement.

Well, As long as he is contesting under Pdp, Enugu people shouldn't see anything wrong with that

1 Like

Re: Pray For Me, If You Want Me To Be Governor - Ekweremadu by Nobody: 5:55am On May 16, 2021
pricklewane:
So your dead brain father can not mention this lunatic his picture is attached as an example. His father looted your unwise mother to death, now he is grooming his son to loot your destiny n that of your born or unborn generations but you choice to shut your foolish mouth instead you are chasing Desmond who never stole a dime from you up n down NL. Oloriburuku somebody.

Lol grin tell him

Ekweremadu wey Amadioha go strike very soon
Re: Pray For Me, If You Want Me To Be Governor - Ekweremadu by bhella10: 7:01am On May 16, 2021
Ekweremadu go and rest ha! What else do you want?
Re: Pray For Me, If You Want Me To Be Governor - Ekweremadu by moriss33(m): 7:02am On May 16, 2021
Why is there so much hate & vile for Ndigbo from you.
what have they as a race done to you & ur generation ?...u curse with so much bitterness, it's a wonder ur alive ?
This is not a good way to live...stop being tribalistic & watch ur life change for good.
pricklewane:
What about youth like Ikpeazu or youth like Theodore Orji son that lead Abia state house of assembly on daily looting of you, your father's n unborn generations destiny. When will you mention that instead of Desmond that did not steal anything from wretched Alaigbo.

1 Like

Re: Pray For Me, If You Want Me To Be Governor - Ekweremadu by LikeAking: 11:45am On May 16, 2021
pricklewane:

Its becos Desmond Eliot is popular than them . Think bf u type. Stop been a tribalist.

U don pass this level.
Re: Pray For Me, If You Want Me To Be Governor - Ekweremadu by Nobody: 2:39pm On May 16, 2021
heniford2:
This man has really worked hard to improve his people come 2023 we will give him chance to run as a governor
Excuse me? Worked hard you say?!
Can you list the just 5 tangible things he has done over 20yrs in Enugu or South East?

My S.E & S.S folks, our immediate Leaders are the worst of the lot.. Truly Our Own Enemy is Within.. Don't blame anyone else.. Blame your immediate leaders.
Re: Pray For Me, If You Want Me To Be Governor - Ekweremadu by EagleNest(m): 3:01pm On May 16, 2021
Why not come out boldly and say you want to vie for governorship instead of pretending and saying the people want you. And what game-changing legislation have you brought to help your people? How I wish 2023 will not be business as usual so that some of these career politicians without substance or legacy will be humiliated.
Re: Pray For Me, If You Want Me To Be Governor - Ekweremadu by heniford2: 3:53pm On May 16, 2021
pineed:

Excuse me? Worked hard you say?!
Can you list the just 5 tangible things he has done over 20yrs in Enugu or South East?

My S.E & S.S folks, our immediate Leaders are the worst of the lot.. Truly Our Own Enemy is Within.. Don't blame anyone else.. Blame your immediate leaders.

go and ask his ward his governor go there and talk nonsense of him and see for yourself naw if has not done well you think he will win that seat again
Re: Pray For Me, If You Want Me To Be Governor - Ekweremadu by pricklewane: 9:10am On Jun 09, 2021
So in Igboland it is a crime to be a tribalist yet Ojukwu's cannot rep his state ?! Why are many of you Igbos so senselessly foolish for God sake.?
LikeAking:

Its becos Desmond Eliot is popular than them . Think bf u type. Stop been a tribalist.

U don pass this level.
Re: Pray For Me, If You Want Me To Be Governor - Ekweremadu by pricklewane: 9:12am On Jun 09, 2021
Do igbo curse with love or what do you call what you have for Awolowo Tinubu Osinbajo Fashola n Aregebe ?! Pls stop being foolish like your forefathers.

moriss33:
Why is there so much hate & vile for Ndigbo from you.
what have they as a race done to you & ur generation ?...u curse with so much bitterness, it's a wonder ur alive ?
This is not a good way to live...stop being tribalistic & watch ur life change for good.

(1) (Reply)

Something Worse Than Buhari Is Coming In 2023 / Sit At Home - Waec Exam Disrupted By Unknown Gunmen - VIDEO / Gov Wike Is Working For Peter Obi, See Latest Update

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.