Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,059 members, 7,810,953 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:21 PM

Updates From Kaduna And Bauchi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Updates From Kaduna And Bauchi (2759 Views)

Army Conducts Training Exercise In Kaduna And Bauchi / Hajiya Talatu Starts Trekking From Kaduna-abuja To Celebrate Buhari (photo) / Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Updates From Kaduna And Bauchi by sammyzacks(m): 9:39am On Apr 28, 2011
Last Updated on Thursday, 28 April 2011 08:05 Written by Joshua Odeyemi, Kaduna; Ahmed Mohammed, Bauchi Thursday, 28 April 2011 07:56
Accreditation for today's rescheduled polls in Kaduna has already started in some parts of the state.

Our reporter confirms that the process has already started in Banawa area where the turn out is unexpectedly high. There have been speculations that voter turn out may be low because of security concerns.

When the INEC officials were asked why they started early, they responded that they reasoned that since the voters were already on ground in large numbers, they felt there was no point in waiting any longer. They started by 7:30am, they said.

The story is different in Bauchi however. According to Daily trust's Mohammed Ahmed, unlike orevious elections were voters begin to turn up from as early as 5am, today most of the polling units visited so far in the metropolis are relatively deserted even though INEC staffers had been around since 7:00am in most places. There are hopes though that voters will begin to trickle in as the day progresses.

Security presence is reported to be very high in both states.

http://www.dailytrust.dailytrust.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=18145:740am-accreditation-starts-in-kaduna-low-turnout-in-bauchi&catid=76:election-2011&Itemid=163
Re: Updates From Kaduna And Bauchi by sammyzacks(m): 9:41am On Apr 28, 2011
Vice President Namadi Sambo yesterday arrived Kaduna to participate in the governorship and state house of assembly elections slated for today.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reported that the Vice President, who was accompanied by his wife, Hajiya Amina, was received by the Kaduna State Governor, Mr Patrick Yakowa, at the Kaduna International Airport.
Re: Updates From Kaduna And Bauchi by Nadanbata: 9:53am On Apr 28, 2011
KD one can go either way however, Im certain Yakowa backed by GEJ will try rigging. The two day delay was just a smokescreen and now that the PDP controlled army is deployed ,
Re: Updates From Kaduna And Bauchi by Nobody: 10:18am On Apr 28, 2011
Guess, who'll win those northern states; maybe CPC will have some states there for a start. AD>AC>ACN started same way in Lagos.
Re: Updates From Kaduna And Bauchi by Nigerd(m): 10:49am On Apr 28, 2011
drpanaba:

Guess, who'll win those northern states; maybe CPC will have some states there for a start. AD>AC>ACN started same way in Lagos.

Hw MAny State CPC don Win so far? one (1) so ur above view is shambles,
Re: Updates From Kaduna And Bauchi by Dave6: 11:03am On Apr 28, 2011
With the high turnout in areas like Barnawa, it is very obvious that my KD People are determined to put cpc out for good!
Re: Updates From Kaduna And Bauchi by edoyad(m): 11:26am On Apr 28, 2011
I want to be objective so i won't side with any one here. After all i heard that the CPC candidate too is from southern kd; though not in the politically right religion for one from southern KD.
Let the best man win abeg.
Re: Updates From Kaduna And Bauchi by hillsate: 12:19pm On Apr 28, 2011
From all indications so far and the CPC shooting herself on the leg, it will be very difficult for CPC to capture kaduna. The candidate the CPC is fielding is from southern kaduna too same as the governor and there were texts messages purportedly sent by the MUSLIM UMMA urging fellow muslims not to vote for the CPC candidate even though being a muslim he's not a hausa muslim but from southern kaduna. They as the text carried urged their members to vote for the ANPP candidate instead. Now this is already causing confusion. Also with the upturn of events in kano where it was thot the CPC would win but didnt rather the PDP, the kaduna people may have a rethink to vote in CPC. Dont also forget that it would be a disgrace to Namadi Sambo if kaduna does not go the PDP way so am sure high level consultation would have taken place which should usher in the PDP. I am not sure kaduna people wouldnt want to loose the extra attention it would get from the Federal Govt by going the PDP way. Everyone knows today that the CPC as a party is only waiting for the burial rights to be performed on her. The party is already dead.
Re: Updates From Kaduna And Bauchi by 13volts(m): 12:51pm On Apr 28, 2011
@ hilltop I stopped reading your post the moment I realize your sentiment and added to that your lack of understanding of politics in the north. My babe a Christian from southern kaduna has repeatedly shown me numerous text messages from CAN and other Christian religious bodies asking Christians to vote for gej and yakowa. Also daily sermons in churches are all about the need for yakowa to be voted in as governor. As for me I have no objection as to who is governor of kaduna. My point here is that people tend to look only on the muslin side regarding these Tex messages, and at the same time keeping mute when infact Christians are also in the bulk messages also. Lastly, their was never a time cpc had even a slim chance of grabing kano state, even a blindman, hell even buhari himself knew kano was not going cpc with or without the inter crisis in the party.
Re: Updates From Kaduna And Bauchi by hillsate: 7:33pm On Apr 28, 2011
13volts:

@ hilltop I stopped reading your post the moment I realize your sentiment and added to that your lack of understanding of politics in the north. My babe a Christian from southern kaduna has repeatedly shown me numerous text messages from CAN and other Christian religious bodies asking Christians to vote for gej and yakowa. Also daily sermons in churches are all about the need for yakowa to be voted in as governor.[b] As for me I have no objection as to who is governor of kaduna[/b]. My point here is that people tend to look only on the muslin side regarding these Tex messages, and at the same time keeping mute when infact Christians are also in the bulk messages also. Lastly, their was never a time cpc had even a slim chance of grabing kano state, even a blindman, hell even buhari himself knew kano was not going cpc with or without the inter crisis in the party.

@13faults,
I can assure you that CAN will never send text msgs to anyone on whom to vote for neither will they say that in any sermon.
The only sense you made in your post is in bold. If only people will think like you in this regard. KAduna gubernatorial is not a do or die thing. Any kaduna state indigene can become governor irrespective of his religion.
and bros, stop deceiving that your' christian babe' and little wonder you don't care who wins in kd.
Re: Updates From Kaduna And Bauchi by edoyad(m): 7:43pm On Apr 28, 2011
@hillsate pls feed me info,what's happening ? I was just wondering, wouldn't it be better for southern KD if CPC won ? Think of it, both governor and deputy from southern KD grin . This has got to be some of the funniest ish i ever heard in my life grin . Who's that guy and where's he from ? I heard some hausa folks almost got a cardiac arrest when they learnt they'd been fighting for a southern KD man all along grin . This is so funny grin
Re: Updates From Kaduna And Bauchi by DisGuy: 7:47pm On Apr 28, 2011
Kaduna governorship election result at Sambo’s polling unit shows CPC 247, PDP 148, ACN 4
234next
Re: Updates From Kaduna And Bauchi by edoyad(m): 7:58pm On Apr 28, 2011
^ Ok thanks, i'll check there.
Re: Updates From Kaduna And Bauchi by sammyzacks(m): 9:25pm On Apr 28, 2011
yakowa in early lead.
Re: Updates From Kaduna And Bauchi by nduchucks: 10:18pm On Apr 28, 2011
I'd stake my naira on the returning of the incumbent governor to office. I went to at least 4 polling centers in the Kaduna this morning and the turnout was quite low. If the elections will be decided by the voters in the rural areas, very ripe for rigging, then the incumbent will surely win.

Letrs wait and see.
Re: Updates From Kaduna And Bauchi by sammyzacks(m): 9:24am On Apr 29, 2011
Results, from many polling units in the Southern Local Governments Areas (LGAs) of Kaduna State, and in Some LGAs of Central and Northern Senatorial Zone, indicate an early lead for Governor Patrick Yakowa, the Gubernatorial candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

All over the state, election materials were delivered on time, with accreditation and voting starting on schedule in a peaceful atmosphere. But, in most local government areas, underage voting was reported in some places.

The Governor’s hottest rival is Mallam Haruna Sa’eed Kajuru of the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC). Other contestants are: Senator Ahmed Aruwa, of the All Nigerian peoples Party (ANPP), Alh. Balarabe Musa (former Governor of Kaduna state) of the Peoples Redemption Party (PRP) and Sani Shaban of Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN)

Yakowa told the Press after voting that he was impressed with voters’ turnout and exuded confidence that he would win the election.

“I am happy with the turnout of voters. I encourage all residents of the state to sustain the peace we are enjoying. I want to assure all that we are going to run a government for all when returned to power. And I am confident that the PDP will win again”, he said.

Early reports said Tudun Wada constituency, in Kaduna North LGA, a strong ward of the CPC, was won by the PDP.

Reports had it that Tudun Wada State Constituency went to the PDP with a total votes of 45,233 while the CPC got 38, 318 votes. The ACN, and the ANPP got 3,194 and 2,167 respectively.

In Sabon Gari LGA in Zaria, the PDP is reported to be ahead.

In all the polling units that Vanguard visited in the Southern LGAs of the state, the PDP was leading by very wide margin.

For example, in Zamababo 031 pulling unit, and Magamiya Polling unti 012 in Zangon Kataf LGA, the PDP scored 763; 815 as against 2 and 5, 0 for the CPC, ANPP, and the ACN .

The same is replicated in Jaba, Sanga and Kauru LGAs

In Jema’a LGA, where the CPC had showed a strong outing in the last two elections in Kafanchan Urban ward, the last violence led to mass exodus of voters. Those that are left behind showed a strong voter apathy. The outing was not encouraging.

But, in all, the conduct of last elections was peaceful and calm, up to the time that collation of votes started around 4pm in most collation centres in the state

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/04/yakowa-in-early-lead-amisdst-peaceful-conduct-of-election/
Re: Updates From Kaduna And Bauchi by sammyzacks(m): 1:21pm On Apr 29, 2011
From Yakowa's facebook wall:

'Congratulations sir, the people of kaduna have spoken! The voice of the people is the voice of God! Borrow a leaf from Fashola of Lagos, or even set the pace for other Governors to look up to. Remember those that voted for you in your pro grammes (especially your fellow brothers, sisters and Children from Southern Kd). It shall be well with you and l am proud to identify with you as being elected on a democratic platform for the first time in Kaduna State.'

'Your Excellency,God has vindicated your patience,calmness,resilience,doggedness and focused mindedness.We praise God for this unprecedented landmark achievement.It is a success for all and sundry.We will be praying that God will keep you and grant you the grace to keep your promises to the citizens of this Great State.Remember that,the One that called you to this task will do it for you.We believe you will be called upon to continue after the four years due to the achievements you will record.Allah ya raya mana kai. '

Our Prayers, Our Committment and Dedication To God For Liberation Will Never Be in Vain. Carry Go!!!! CONGRATULATIONS, Shame On The Devil and all those who planned Evil against KADUNA!!!

Words cannot express my gratitude to God 4 ur victory ,all power belong to God en he choses who to giv it to,God has favoured u our Governor en we praise him for wat he has done.God grant u wisdom en knoweledge Gov patrick yakawo.CONGRATULATIONS
Re: Updates From Kaduna And Bauchi by edoyad(m): 3:54pm On Apr 29, 2011
^^ looks like he made it afterall. But i'm not exactly 'uhuru' about the victory to be honest with you. Until the day that state is split down the middle so that i don't come from the same state with those hausa people in kaduna(no offense intended), i see no reason to be glad. sad
Re: Updates From Kaduna And Bauchi by Nobody: 3:58pm On Apr 29, 2011
Congrats Yakowa, if it's true.

Another victory gifted to PDP due to CPC's lack of organization.
Re: Updates From Kaduna And Bauchi by texazzpete(m): 5:42pm On Apr 29, 2011
hillsate:

@13faults,
I can assure you that CAN will never send text msgs to anyone on whom to vote for neither will they say that in any sermon.
The only sense you made in your post is in bold. If only people will think like you in this regard. KAduna gubernatorial is not a do or die thing. Any kaduna state indigene can become governor irrespective of his religion.
and bros, stop deceiving that your' christian babe' and little wonder you don't care who wins in kd.

I can't say I agree with you there.
I have eyewitness reports of Christian mobs in Southern Kaduna joining in the killing spree last week, hacking, burning and killing muslims. In Kaduna, the morality line is blurred these days. Sending SMS messages is nothing.
Re: Updates From Kaduna And Bauchi by JaaizTech: 6:47pm On Apr 29, 2011
hillsate:

From all indications so far and the CPC shooting herself on the leg, it will be very difficult for CPC to capture kaduna. The candidate the CPC is fielding is from southern kaduna too same as the governor and there were texts messages purportedly sent by the MUSLIM UMMA urging fellow muslims not to vote for the CPC candidate even though being a muslim he's not a hausa muslim but from southern kaduna. They as the text carried urged their members to vote for the ANPP candidate instead. Now this is already causing confusion. Also with the upturn of events in kano where it was thot the CPC would win but didnt rather the PDP, the kaduna people may have a rethink to vote in CPC. Dont also forget that it would be a disgrace to Namadi Sambo if kaduna does not go the PDP way so am sure high level consultation would have taken place which should usher in the PDP. I am not sure kaduna people wouldnt want to loose the extra attention it would get from the Federal Govt by going the PDP way. Everyone knows today that the CPC as a party is only waiting for the burial rights to be performed on her. The party is already dead.

That is the handiwork of PDP, sending text messages and pretending that they are from CPC members, did the so called MUSLIM UMMAH suddenly wake up and realise Saeed Haruna is from Southern Kaduna. He is a public figure and where He comes from exactly is not unknown to the najority of the people in the state or the CPC cheiftains. This was a cheap propanganda from either ACN or PDP, you should see how people are jubiliating for the CPC victory, even though not official. It is in the air that CPC has won
Re: Updates From Kaduna And Bauchi by hillsate: 8:57pm On Apr 29, 2011
JaaizTech:

That is the handiwork of PDP, sending text messages and pretending that they are from CPC members, did the so called MUSLIM UMMAH suddenly wake up and realise Saeed Haruna is from Southern Kaduna. He is a public figure and where He comes from exactly is not unknown to the najority of the people in the state or the CPC cheiftains. This was a cheap propanganda from either ACN or PDP, you should see how people are jubiliating for the CPC victory, even though not official. It is in the air that CPC has won

Are you ok? which CPC won? common wake up!
well for your information PDP won in kaduna.
I said it earlier, it would be difficult for CPC to win kaduna.
The next thing i will also say is that, the only CPC governor in nassarawa state is getting set to decamp to PDP.
A minute silence for CPC pls.
Re: Updates From Kaduna And Bauchi by hillsate: 9:16pm On Apr 29, 2011
13volts:

@ hilltop I stopped reading your post the moment I realize your sentiment and added to that your lack of understanding of politics in the north. My babe a Christian from southern kaduna has repeatedly shown me numerous text messages from CAN and other Christian religious bodies asking Christians to vote for gej and yakowa. Also daily sermons in churches are all about the need for yakowa to be voted in as governor. As for me I have no objection as to who is governor of kaduna. My point here is that people tend to look only on the muslin side regarding these Tex messages, and at the same time keeping mute when infact Christians are also in the bulk messages also. Lastly, their was never a time cpc had even a slim chance of grabing kano state, even a blindman, hell even buhari himself knew kano was not going cpc with or without the inter crisis in the party.

@13 volts, where are you?
You said i know nothing about politics in the north. But suprisingly what i said actually happened. PDP won the gubernatorial elections in kaduna. Check all my posts on politics on nairaland. All my predictions about politics based on sound deductions always happens the way i say them. My guy, i have all the politics in the north on my finger tips. Please remember to send the kaduna PDP governor a congratulatory message.
cheers.
Re: Updates From Kaduna And Bauchi by nduchucks: 11:04pm On Apr 29, 2011
edoyad:

Until the day that state is split down the middle so that i don't come from the same state with those hausa people in kaduna(no offense intended), i see no reason to be glad.

Just how do you propose that Kaduna state should be split? Who gets Kaduna city or do you plan to draw the state line right through the city?
Re: Updates From Kaduna And Bauchi by DadLolade(m): 11:32pm On Apr 29, 2011
Just to Set the Records straight;
PDP Patrick Yakowa won with 1,334,319 VOTES cheesy cheesy cheesy
CPC Had 1,133,564 Votes.

ABU Vice Chancellor who is the Returning Officer for INEC Kaduna state has declared Mr Patrick Yakowa , the Incumbent PDP Governor the Winner amidst tight Security in Kaduna.

Praise God! Halleluyah!!
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Updates From Kaduna And Bauchi by Dave6: 12:57am On Apr 30, 2011
Halleluyah o!
Congratulations Governor Patrick Yakowa and People of Kaduna State.
We pray for the Best in the following 4 years!
Re: Updates From Kaduna And Bauchi by edoyad(m): 1:19am On Apr 30, 2011
Just how do you propose that Kaduna state should be split? Who gets Kaduna city or do you plan to draw the state line right through the city?

Some people have made that proposition- that is , splitting the capital City by way of river kaduna. Everything to the north bank of the river becomes aboki territory while everything to the south bank sk territory. That would leave areas like kawo and the likes to you while we get barnawa, sabo et al.

But to me, anything that leaves the barest minimum(and i mean barest possible minimum) number of hausas in the new southern kd state will do just fine for me and many others.
Re: Updates From Kaduna And Bauchi by DisGuy: 2:16am On Apr 30, 2011
Ahmed Makarfi lost his seat to CPC?

the only decent election this year was the elections before the presidential one, the gubernatorial elections were 50/50 tactics used in the presidential election spilled over into the governorship election

i'll score inec 80% for the senatorial/reps election

40% for the governorship election
Re: Updates From Kaduna And Bauchi by ektbear: 3:47am On Apr 30, 2011
edoyad:

Some people have made that proposition- that is , splitting the capital City by way of river kaduna. Everything to the north bank of the river becomes aboki territory while everything to the south bank sk territory. That would leave areas like kawo and the likes to you while we get barnawa, sabo et al.

But to me, anything that leaves the barest minimum(and i mean barest possible minimum) number of hausas in the new southern kd state will do just fine for me and many others.
That sounds pretty fair, doesn't it?
Re: Updates From Kaduna And Bauchi by edoyad(m): 6:38am On Apr 30, 2011
^ ^ undecided one must be willing to make compromises in these things.

(1) (Reply)

President Goodluck Jonathan Storms Kaduna's DICON And Jaji In Army Uniform / Iran Generating 76,800 MW And Exporting Power Despite Being Under Sanctions!!! / Labaran Maku Quotes The Nairaland Critics Of GEJ #team-clueless!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.