Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:25 AM

Fuel Scarcity Looms As Oil Workers Threaten Nationwide Strike - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Scarcity Looms As Oil Workers Threaten Nationwide Strike (15665 Views)

Petrol Scarcity Looms As Oil Workers Down Tools / Fuel Scarcity Looms As NUPENG Hints Sit-at-home Order From Friday / FIRS Workers Threaten Strike Over Fowler’s Handover To Abiodun Aina (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Oil Workers Threaten Nationwide Strike by LightUpWithKemi: 5:12am On May 19, 2021
CardiNice:
They just want to put the average Nigeria in pain because to my understanding, fuel scarcity do not affect the politicians and the corrupt elites because there is always back door for them to get fuel.

It is the average Nigerian that will suffer, what we need in Nigeria is not strike, what we need is the total eradication of useless leaders and the eradication of political Godfathers.

Way to go.
Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Oil Workers Threaten Nationwide Strike by LightUpWithKemi: 5:14am On May 19, 2021
I am earnestly praying that Nigerians shouldn't make mistakes of electing gullible and leaders without vision again. We can't just continue like this.

Meanwhile, check my signature for exciting video. Many educative contents on the way. Kindly subscribe, watch and share with your friends. Merci!
Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Oil Workers Threaten Nationwide Strike by Reference(m): 5:15am On May 19, 2021
Their business. Once again I do say. That Nigeria is too poor to support the kind of government we have.

If anyone can suggest credible ways of paying 7,000, 30,000, 45,000 or is it 60,000 people to do the "great' job of superintending over society, he should step forward.

For all intends and purposes the oil economy is no more. Someone will have to pay for this even if El- Rufai is no more.

I can see the vast majority of Nigerians willingly ignoring the 300 pound gorilla in the room and choosing in their usual sentimentalism to tackle individuals rather than issues.

Good luck....but just step back and look at the spiralling debt alternative at the Federal level where no one has the guts to come clean and tell Nigerians the truth.
Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Oil Workers Threaten Nationwide Strike by symbianDON(m): 5:16am On May 19, 2021

Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Oil Workers Threaten Nationwide Strike by Reference(m): 5:17am On May 19, 2021
LightUpWithKemi:

I am earnestly praying that Nigerians shouldn't make mistakes of electing gullible and leaders without vision again. We can't just continue like this.

Meanwhile, check my signature for exciting video. Many educative contents on the way. Kindly subscribe, watch and share with your friends. Merci!

You are a citizen and potential leader. Face issues squarely. What is the way out of this matter. What will you do as the CEO of Kaduna state to avoid bankruptcy.
Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Oil Workers Threaten Nationwide Strike by risos(m): 5:19am On May 19, 2021
El Rufai for president 2023 shekau for vice president, Nnamdi for senate president, gumi for ministry of interior, asari petroluem minister.
These are the kinda ppl Nigerians love to vote for, added advantage he is a northen fulani affliate and a Muslim.
He is sellable
Can deliver the party
Match any aspirant from any party

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Oil Workers Threaten Nationwide Strike by ecomalchemist(m): 5:29am On May 19, 2021

Nigeria is not a land! It is a contraption, stop deceiving yourselves. What we have is Igboland, Hausaland, Ijawland, Yorubaland, Tivland, Urhoboland etc.

Nigeria is an advanced fee fraud used to defraud unsuspecting ethnic nations of their God given resources.
Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Oil Workers Threaten Nationwide Strike by mejai(m): 5:36am On May 19, 2021
Hypocrisy is the problem in this country o. So nupeng and its sister union can easily go on strike but can't go on strike due to bad roads. Where their trucks ply daily Nationwide?
They are a vital organ that can save the masses and bring govt to it's knees, in other to fix our highways and economy. But they won't.
Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Oil Workers Threaten Nationwide Strike by Nationsdaddy: 5:54am On May 19, 2021
HELL RUFAI WORST THAN BUHARI.
Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Oil Workers Threaten Nationwide Strike by bluefilm: 5:56am On May 19, 2021
Thanks for the info.

Lemme quickly rush and go buy 50 liters of petrol now now now

But... wait a minute.

I jus remember say

I no even get the money to buy am right now.

As per say Goffment never pay salary sef
Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Oil Workers Threaten Nationwide Strike by orisa37: 5:59am On May 19, 2021
Already looming in KADUNA State.
Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Oil Workers Threaten Nationwide Strike by ivandragon: 6:04am On May 19, 2021
Reference:
Their business. Once again I do say. That Nigeria is too poor to support the kind of government we have.

If anyone can suggest credible ways of paying 7,000, 30,000, 45,000 or is it 60,000 people to do the "great' job of superintending over society, he should step forward.

For all intends and purposes the oil economy is no more. Someone will have to pay for this even if El- Rufai is no more.

I can see the vast majority of Nigerians willingly ignoring the 300 pound gorilla in the room and choosing in their usual sentimentalism to tackle individuals rather than issues.

Good luck....but just step back and look at the spiralling debt alternative at the Federal level where no one has the guts to come clean and tell Nigerians the truth.

There is no doubt that you have a point.

However, the governments (federal, state & LG levels) are not sincere.

They will say no money to pay salaries but still recruit their own people into juicy positions through the back door.

Also, the political office holders need to cut down the costs of their offices. That way even a rightsizing is being done, the masses would feel that it at least cut across.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Oil Workers Threaten Nationwide Strike by orisa37: 6:06am On May 19, 2021
Already looming in KADUNA State.

Since Saturday the 15th, there has not been

Fuel Stations open

No Bank open

No Electricity at all. It's all Blackout Outage.

OMOKRI FOR 2023 PRESIDENT.
Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Oil Workers Threaten Nationwide Strike by Randy111(m): 6:10am On May 19, 2021
Sirjamo:
In Kaduna civil service, one office, two cars, ten drivers. Most of the workers are useless, they will sit under mango tree gossiping from 9am to 4pm every working day.

The Governor should not bow to the pressure by NLC to re instate useless workers, but, he should pay them their severance package.

El Rufai should also sack all of his useless political appointees if he wants the labour to reason with him. You cannot tell the workers to make sacrifices while you maintain your own hundreds of government appointees without portfolio.

I AM DONE TALKING

Thank God say this one no kuku get sense. Like buhari, like elrufai, like you.

If you think they are not well engaged, why not find away of drafting them into other areas where you think they will earn their pay so long as it's done within the provision of law instead of sacking those bread winners in the various families

3 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Oil Workers Threaten Nationwide Strike by Splitmind: 6:15am On May 19, 2021
Me and my APC brothers will be fine, useless lazy touts will suffer it the most.
Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Oil Workers Threaten Nationwide Strike by PlainSight(m): 6:17am On May 19, 2021
Sirjamo:
In Kaduna civil service, one office, two cars, ten drivers. Most of the workers are useless, they will sit under mango tree gossiping from 9am to 4pm every working day.

The Governor should not bow to the pressure by NLC to re instate useless workers, but, he should pay them their severance package.

El Rufai should also sack all of his useless political appointees if he wants the labour to reason with him. You cannot tell the workers to make sacrifices while you maintain your own hundreds of government appointees without portfolio.

I AM DONE TALKING
You are talking trashh..
Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Oil Workers Threaten Nationwide Strike by meobizy(f): 6:17am On May 19, 2021
Petroleum scarcity is part of the Nigerian culture and we all know Nigerians do not plan to change culture anytime soon.
Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Oil Workers Threaten Nationwide Strike by kingsleefolli(m): 6:22am On May 19, 2021
The nation only need a trigger to explode right now.any funny move activated everything will scatter beyond control.so let be wise
Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Oil Workers Threaten Nationwide Strike by Nobody: 6:28am On May 19, 2021
Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Oil Workers Threaten Nationwide Strike by annyz: 6:37am On May 19, 2021
Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Oil Workers Threaten Nationwide Strike by chaloskyx: 7:01am On May 19, 2021
Nice one but the problem is do Nigerians even know what they want they talk about good governance etc but they have no idea what that is i feel 70% of Nigerians wont mind leaving things as they are not because they dont want a change deep down but because the political elites have trampled on their rights so much they are now nonchalant on the affairs of the country. the average nigerian thinks as an individual and for himself not for the general good of all or the system and that is a major hinderance to wards us sharing a common goal towards ending this failed country.
masterP042:
If we can actually be frank to ourselves, this contraption called Nigeria is not working, since 1960 we've been on a downward trail. This is not about Buhari or who ever becomes the next president, the system is flawed, a house divided amongst itself cannot stand, the country is irredeemably divided among ethnic lines.. If our current generation actually know where this country was coming from, you'll know that this country is like a truck with break failure heading for doom.. It's either you jump out or eventually crash with it.. I can't believe that this was a country my dad once told me that there used to be a time corpers are rewarded with a car and automatic employment after service.. angry In one of Chinua Achebe's book I read, he said he once told a very reputable company to come from lagos to his home at ogidi to grant him a job interview, meaning he had many choices then, imagine a company coming to your home to interview you. We were on cause to be a world power..
The issue of fuel scarcity has always existed before buhari, and will still continue after him. If we don't go back to the drawing board, and take our destiny by our hands.. No matter how you force it, this country will not work... A large number of Nigerians no longer see this country as theirs, they see it as it only belongs to the "government". It's just like in a football club when a player doesn't want to stay, forcing him will not be of any good, cos his disinterest will cause a lot of problems for the team, it's better he is let go.. Let the country divide amongst 5 or 6 major ethnic lines, let the people once more have a sense of belonging, let them feel the closeness of the government.
Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Oil Workers Threaten Nationwide Strike by Jack005(m): 7:28am On May 19, 2021
Sirjamo:

I AM DONE TALKING
Government paid agent, cum zombie who's always done typing trash.. Go and be useful to yourself rather than always done typing trash to support this inept government and useless apc you belong to.
Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Oil Workers Threaten Nationwide Strike by freemanq(m): 7:38am On May 19, 2021
What is the difference between Hell Rufai and the presidency?
Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Oil Workers Threaten Nationwide Strike by Danjossy(m): 8:13am On May 19, 2021
CardiNice:
They just want to put the average Nigeria in pain because to my understanding, fuel scarcity do not affect the politicians and the corrupt elites because there is always back door for them to get fuel.

It is the average Nigerian that will suffer, what we need in Nigeria is not strike, what we need is the total eradication of useless leaders and the eradication of political Godfathers.
Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Oil Workers Threaten Nationwide Strike by berrystunn(m): 8:13am On May 19, 2021
Mokason288:
And that mannequin is in France taking pictures

And is still needs approval to borrow $2.7 billion dollars

Magu is still working freely... while EFCC is running around kids trying to survive the hardship the mannequin from Sudan put us in

Fulani is still in the Bush kidnapping and killing unarmed citizens

One foooooolish kid called helinues will quote me and insult himself while still trying to defend this clueless regime

Please let’s divide this ZOO

Is that all ?
Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Oil Workers Threaten Nationwide Strike by Dhury: 8:19am On May 19, 2021
Nigeria is returning to stone age period let me go buy donkey as my transport means
Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Oil Workers Threaten Nationwide Strike by vickydevoka(m): 8:50am On May 19, 2021
Charmingrascal:
If I ever hear u say or write El Rufai for President I will curse you and you will suffer for Six Hundred years.
My oga dis is Nigeria, anything is possible, u self can become president
Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Oil Workers Threaten Nationwide Strike by Mokason288(m): 9:27am On May 19, 2021
berrystunn:

Is that all ?
Kisssssssss my black asssssss

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Killers Of Dora Akunyili’s Husband Won’t Go Unpunished – Buhari / I'm The ‘Hope That Nigeria Will Get Better' - Tinubu To Actors (Video) / Twin Suicide Bomb Attacks In Borno, Three Killed, 45 Injured

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.