Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,224 members, 7,822,141 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:17 AM

Pls Help On College In Uk - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pls Help On College In Uk (711 Views)

Going To A Community College In Usa / Any College In The U.s Or Canada That Accept 56 Toefl Score? / Help College In Manchester Uk Without Ielts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Help On College In Uk by mrswagger: 2:58pm On Apr 28, 2011
Pls my fellow nairalanders I need ur help. I wish to study diploma in information technology in uk. Preferably manchester. I love manchester nd d cost of living is low for students. I hv searched for colleges on the internet and I came across a few in manchester. Like manchester international college, manchester victoria college, metro college of management sciences. But most of d colleges r asking for ielts qualification from me. And I dnt hv dis qualification but I hv my transcripts from high school, my waec result. I wuld like to ask just 3 questions, 1. What do u think about dis colleges r dey ok. Becos many of dis colleges in uk, as soon as u are been denied a visa u won't get a refund. So I wud like to place my money where I can see it. 2. Hw is ielts exam. Is it hard, do students pass it much and hw can I take d exam. Becos I wud love to resume school before august 2011. I hv stayed too long at home. Or if possible if u have any college in mind u can pls assist me on dis plsssssss. Hope to hear from you soon. Thanks
Re: Pls Help On College In Uk by worry246(m): 4:05pm On Apr 28, 2011
You sound like the sort of student that the new regulations are designed to stop.
You are wanting to study a "soft option" course like IT which is seen by UKBA as a nearly worthless qualification.
You intend to study below degree level
You are focussing on "Cheaper colleges which may raise suspicion about your finances
Have you checked wether you can meet the new English language requirements?
Re: Pls Help On College In Uk by mrswagger: 8:32pm On Apr 28, 2011
Pls I'm begging u wth d name of almighty God, if u dnt hv anything reasonable to say dnt come and comment. I just dnt knw why ppl talk to be noticed. This is a delicate situation here and u r talking shit. Do u think its easy to pay more dan a million naira for tuition fee. Why can't u pay for my tuition fee. Do I look like a bogus student. I'm strugling to get to college so dt I get a bright future.
Re: Pls Help On College In Uk by justwise(m): 9:35pm On Apr 28, 2011
mr swagger:

Pls I'm begging u wth d name of almighty God, if u dnt hv anything reasonable to say dnt come and comment. I just dnt knw why ppl talk to be noticed. This is a delicate situation here and u r talking poo. Do u think its easy to pay more dan a million naira for tuition fee. Why can't u pay for my tuition fee. Do I look like a bogus student. I'm strugling to get to college so dt I get a bright future.

Calm down, worry246's comment may seem harsh but there are some element of truth in his post, all i can say to u without u getting angry is. .stay away from cheap private colleges, don't bother applying to any college that is not ranked Highly Trusted by UKBA. With private colleges u are not allowed to work, not even 10yrs a week again.

Use this link and look for highly trusted colleges and see if their fees are moderate.  http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/documents/employersandsponsors/pointsbasedsystem/registerofsponsorseducation

I know its hard getting cheap public colleges but think hard b4 u invest your money.
Re: Pls Help On College In Uk by worry246(m): 7:21am On Apr 29, 2011
MrSwagger
You must grow up and not have a temper fit if someone gives you bad news or takes your sweets away!
You have named colleges without doing basic checks first.
One of your schools is B rated and one A these are lower grades and could mean no visa & lost study fees!
We have seen so many people sign up to cheap schools for one semester with an inflated bank statement who think they can study and work for big bucks when they get to the golden land.
After a few weeks they are sleeping in shop doorways and taking slave jobs just to eat.
Go and read UK border immigration rules.
Can you meet education & English requirements?
Have you money to pay for study & accomodation.
Any work you can get will only be a small top up money!
Go to you elders and show them the type of school and what jobs the qualification will get you.
Check with employers before wasting family money.
The UK does not have pots of money on each street corner for poor students to pick up!
Re: Pls Help On College In Uk by mrswagger: 3:11pm On May 02, 2011
Thanks justwise and worry246 for your reply. Your response is greatly appreciated and acknowledged. i'm sorry @worry 246 for my response i was a little bit frustrated that was why i responded so. forgive me. but i thought the new rule you made mentioned above is going to take effect from april 2012 next year and not this year cos thats what is on d ukba website.

(1) (Reply)

What Are The Requirements To Register A Company In The United States. / Which State In Nigeria Is The Most Peacefull? / Plane From Nigeria Just Crashed In Ghana -02/06/12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.