Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,954 members, 7,852,214 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 02:03 PM

Enugu Governor Invites Opponents To Join Government - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu Governor Invites Opponents To Join Government (701 Views)

Reception For Enugu Governor, Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi In Nsukka (photos) / EU Condemns Katsina Gov Call For Opponents To Be Killed And Crushed. / Enugu Governor, Chime Is Dead - Punch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enugu Governor Invites Opponents To Join Government by Chyz2: 1:16am On Apr 29, 2011
[size=15pt]Enugu governor invites opponents to join government[/size]

BY FESTUS OWETE

April 28, 2011 07:24AM

Enugu State governor Sullivan Chime, who was yesterday declared winner of Tuesday's governorship election, has invited those who contested the election to join him in the task of rebuilding the state.

Mr Chime, who will run Enugu for another four years, pledged in his acceptance speech to run an open administration with a view to making the state the best in the country.

The governor contested on the platform of the People's Democratic Party (PDP) and garnered 419,790 votes to beat his closest rival, Okey Ezea who got 30,135 votes.

Others in the race were Dan Shere of the People for Democratic Change (PDC) who won 29,565 votes; Valentine Nnaedozie of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) with 5,086 votes; Obinna Obiegue of the All Progressive Grand Alliance (APGA) who had 2,658 votes; Osita Okechukwu of the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) with 504 votes; and Emma Orji of the Progressive Peoples Alliance (PPA) who won 1011 votes.

"I shall continue to run an open administration which welcomes that all hands must be on deck to make Enugu the best state in Nigeria. In this wise, I extend my hand of fellowship to my brothers who contested the election with me. I invite them to join us in the onerous task of re-engineering our state," Mr Chime said.

"We are all winners today and shall remain so as long as the best interests of our people are served. With God on our side, I am confident that the gains of the last four years will be multiplied. Together, let us march forward with the burning desire to recreate our state and make it the destination of choice in our country."

The elated governor, who expressed gratitude to God and the people of Enugu State for his victory, said he accepted their verdict and that he was humbled by their endorsement, as amply demonstrated by the overwhelming number of votes which resulted in his landslide victory. He thanked the people for the confidence reposed in him and his deputy, Sunday Onyebuchi, to renew their contract for another four years.

Winners all

Mr Chime also congratulated all the PDP candidates in the house of assembly election who have emerged victorious, as well as the leadership, members of the party and his campaign organisation for a job well done. "In a special way, I congratulate all our party's House of Assembly candidates who also emerged winners in yesterday's election. In equal measure, I congratulate the entire leadership and membership of our party, the PDP and our campaign organization for a job well done. My gratitude equally goes to the security agencies for ensuring the peaceful conduct of all the elections in the state," he said.

The governor also extolled the critical role played by Enugu's traditional rulers, religious leaders and other individuals and groups which, he said, ultimately resulted in not just his victory but in the building of a virile democratic culture in their state.

He assured that he and his team will continue to offer selfless service and good governance to the people, stressing "our four-point agenda shall remain our guiding blueprint with which we will continue to deliver democracy dividends that shall take Enugu State to the next level."

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5694703-146/story.csp
Re: Enugu Governor Invites Opponents To Join Government by ektbear: 1:26am On Apr 29, 2011
Very cool move.
Re: Enugu Governor Invites Opponents To Join Government by proudly9ja(m): 2:22am On Apr 29, 2011
Make una come chop! Naija!!!! grin grin grin
Re: Enugu Governor Invites Opponents To Join Government by egift(m): 2:32am On Apr 29, 2011
Welcome to Enugu State largest community on Facebook - The Coal City - Join us: http://www.facebook.com/thecoalcity

(1) (Reply)

Walahi! Polici Don Killi Igbo Fifle Finishi For Dis We Contiri / Judge Grants Bail To Former Speaker Bankole. / India To Produce 700 Mw Solar Power Soon With 2billion Dollar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.