Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,705 members, 7,816,889 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:36 PM

After 25 Years Of Blackout, Atiku’s Home Town Gets Electricity - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / After 25 Years Of Blackout, Atiku’s Home Town Gets Electricity (32357 Views)

Peter Obi, Bola Tinubu And Atiku Home States(photos) / After 25 Years Of Blackout, Atiku’s Home Town Gets Electricity (pic) / Power Restored In Kaduna After 3 Days Of Blackout (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After 25 Years Of Blackout, Atiku’s Home Town Gets Electricity by sevenhundred(m): 9:49am On May 22, 2021
excomarow:
Haba Atiku, 25 years no electricity in your hometown and someone will blame Buhari.
Democracy was handed over to OBJ n Atiku and they had the perfect opportunity to restructure this country, lay a solid foundation that other leaders would have followed. But Look at the mess they've they brought on the country. They came to power with no vision or mission... This country sef... God help us
use your head when analysing Nigeria development in democracy.
Re: After 25 Years Of Blackout, Atiku’s Home Town Gets Electricity by Deepthoughts: 9:50am On May 22, 2021
Golan007:
And Atiku was VP for 8 years.

He's even touted to be a billionaire.

grin

Shameless Caemrounian.
where is Atiku actually from,is it ganye, jada or now toungo?, I'm feeling this is just an attempt to insult Atiku out of hate.
Re: After 25 Years Of Blackout, Atiku’s Home Town Gets Electricity by sevenhundred(m): 9:52am On May 22, 2021
ganye1:
I don't know why bring in Atiku's name into this. Atiku is from Jada LGA not Toungo.. His LG Jada together with Toungo LG though carved out out of Ganye LG do not share common boarder with Toungo.
it is all because of politics, you can see how some mofos responded.
Re: After 25 Years Of Blackout, Atiku’s Home Town Gets Electricity by Deepthoughts: 9:54am On May 22, 2021
kestolove95:
Person that want to be president couldnt give his village lite...Na a whole country he go come give lite?
The story is just a concocted lie to insult Atiku,Atiku is from Jada n not toungo,you people should get your facts right before choosing to run the devil's errand.
Re: After 25 Years Of Blackout, Atiku’s Home Town Gets Electricity by semyman: 9:59am On May 22, 2021
PDP!
Share the money
Re: After 25 Years Of Blackout, Atiku’s Home Town Gets Electricity by gaskiyamagana: 10:08am On May 22, 2021
Golan007:

grin

Shameless Caemrounian.

Yet, some useless PDP are considering him for 2023

1 Like 1 Share

Re: After 25 Years Of Blackout, Atiku’s Home Town Gets Electricity by Hespee93: 10:17am On May 22, 2021
excomarow:
Haba Atiku, 25 years no electricity in your hometown and someone will blame Buhari.
Democracy was handed over to OBJ n Atiku and they had the perfect opportunity to restructure this country, lay a solid foundation that other leaders would have followed. But Look at the mess they've they brought on the country. They came to power with no vision or mission... This country sef... God help us

This is what I have been telling my fellow colleagues most especially those criticising this present administration.

After many years of power tursle between the military and civilian, OBJ and Atiku wa the best opprotunity to lay a good foundation of policy which every other coming government would have follow. But they decide to chose the other way.

I keep on saying it.

what ever situation we found ourself here, it is the sole cause of OBJ and Atiku.

1 Like

Re: After 25 Years Of Blackout, Atiku’s Home Town Gets Electricity by Queenserah26(f): 10:28am On May 22, 2021
25 what shocked
Re: After 25 Years Of Blackout, Atiku’s Home Town Gets Electricity by Yeahmehn: 10:34am On May 22, 2021
We all know this is APC news but to face facts, atiku no try o... Imagine the idiot coming to campaign again. Anybody wey vote any of these old cargos no get sense
Re: After 25 Years Of Blackout, Atiku’s Home Town Gets Electricity by Maobichek: 10:36am On May 22, 2021
Tetehjewels:

This is an Igbo Atiku worshipper take him serious at the detriment of your brain cells

I'm not Atiku fan, follower nor worshipper as you opined, I'm not APC, PDP nor a member of any political party nor supports any political party.

I live in Abuja, I have been with some of these politicians, they are united and hold their interest dearly to themselves. You will be surprise that tomorrow, Atiku and BAT will dine and eat together because they have been doing it and won't stop.

Don't fight for politicians for whatsoever reason, they are all the same. Go within Central Mosque Abj where they sit together, you will regret fighting for them cos whom you think, see and call their enemy is their friend ok.
Re: After 25 Years Of Blackout, Atiku’s Home Town Gets Electricity by harmony75: 10:41am On May 22, 2021
God have delivered you people from Atiku and he's generator!
Re: After 25 Years Of Blackout, Atiku’s Home Town Gets Electricity by DONFASZY(m): 11:07am On May 22, 2021
Jus imagine wen he was VP
E no make d efforts bt na 2023 e dey wait for to do well

Apc n pdp na same tin
They should Bleep off Nig

We need young party less 40yr of age members and minimum of PHD MSC to rule Nigeria

Nt al dis old tif
Dey r all same
Na pdp join apc and same apc join pdp
Re: After 25 Years Of Blackout, Atiku’s Home Town Gets Electricity by Deadlytruth(m): 11:09am On May 22, 2021
jaxxy:

U have said nothing bt little issues here and there, which government doesn’t have issues. Surprisingly U forgort to mention his fight with his vp atiku while at it.
I already noted that the evidences for Obasanjo's misrule and directionless government are too numerous to mention exhaustively hence that covered his fight with Atiku which was also for a selfish and ego boosting pursuit thus having nothing whatsoever do do with genuine public interest. Recall that Atiku became corrupt in his eyes and deserving of EFCC investigation only after he (Atiku) successfully worked against his evil third term bid.
jaxxy:

This is where it gets sadder, non of his successors has done better than him even with his so called terrible record. So maybe it’s a case of in the land of the blind the one eyed man is king.
Unfortunately, if the primary objective of the existence of government is the standard, Obasanjo is worse than each and every of his successors. The existential problem facing us today as citizens had their beginning in Obasanjo's administration but he chose to do nothing about it because he wanted political capital as he himself recently confessed. Security of lives and property is the most important task of any government so Obasanjo's choice of deliberately allowing a potential terrorist group the free atmosphere to thrive puts him far below all his successors on the scale of good governance. We all recall how the Nigerian police, not even the Army, on Yaradua's order killed over 800 Boko Haram members in just one pro-active attack on the group's base in Kano in 2009. That is how to handle a potential terrorist group. Obasanjo has no record of such onslaught on Boko Haram despite the group came into existence during his reign. But ironically the same Obasanjo has been an advocate of dialogue between the FG and Boko Haram. He has visited Boko Haram headquarters in Maiduguri twice and given monetary gifts to them at least two times. If you want a link to the story I will gladly furnish you with it here. In essence Obasanjo is at the root of the insecurity situation in our hands today.
Secondly and still on the insecurity issue, the culture of kidnapping Militancy and all other manifestations of violence got birthed under him courtesy of the importation of arms for election prosecution and his handling of the Odi and Zakibiam crisis by way of killing thousands of innocent civilians for the reprisal attacks by few hooligans against soldiers who conducted themselves unprofessionally in their communities. That was what inspired loss of confidence in the nation's security apparatus as regards justice administration hence the resort to self help through militancy which has become a national challenge today in various metamorphosed forms. None of Obasanjo's successors ever ordered genocides in communities where hoodlums assaulted security operatives.
jaxxy:

Yes obasanjo United more than he divided, u can’t possibly please everybody u can only try because u need time to get certain things right. Like I said America also isn’t perfect bt they are growing and correcting the systems that is what is important.
It seems unity has taken another meaning in your own dictionary. Nothing is potentially more divisive than any move that portends a constitutional crisis and and war which his third term bid passed for.
jaxxy:

Obasanjo cud have possibly fixed all the numerous issues we have because u need a lot of time, work bf he laid the foundation with EFCC and many others. He had a developmental blueprint bt yaradua thought otherwise.
And how many issues was he able to fix in his purportedly inenough time to warrant the juxtaposition that he could have fixed all if given a proportionate time extension? If anything, he fixed nothing. Is it refineries he fixed or electricity or railway system or what exactly? The Nigerian textile mill industry died under his watch as over 320 textile companies closed down within his eight years of reign. He only fixed his pocket by his fraudulent privatization of certain national assets. How could a man who never intended to become president in the first instance have a blueprint? You are just a comedian. EFCC is not an achievement. Rather, it was another manifestation of the ineptitude of Obasanjo because the agency was an unnecessary duplication of the criminal investigation department of the Nigerian Police hence the holistic approach to anti-corruption war was to overhaul the entire police with the retirement of the old bad eggs and recruitment of new and fresh hands from different professional disciplines. The existence in the EFCC Act the clause that the EFCC chairman must seek presidential approval before arresting any suspect of financial crimes lays it bare that the agency was created by the theiving elite, Obasanjo inclusive, to shield themselves from prosecution and also as a tool of witch-hunt of political opponents. Ask why corruption has continued to grow in Nigeria at a rate previously unknown beginning from when EFCC came into being.
jaxxy:

The local government creation issue was a political move by tinubu to retain power in Lagos illegally and obasanjo wasn’t going to support that. It had not to do with helping lagosians and obj saw tinubus cunning move.
This is political correctness at best. Ibori controls Delta politics today without creating additional LGAs. Saraki controlled power in Kwara for long without creating LGAs, Obasanjo recently hypocritically supported ex-governor Ibikunle Amosun's creation of LCDAs in Ogun State with Obasanjo's home town of Ibogun being made the headquarters of one of the LCDAs which he appreciated by donating one of his landed property for use to house the new secretariat. Does that mean Obasanjo too now wants to hold onto power in Ogun State? Find below the story
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/248817-obasanjo-rents-25-room-building-n10-per-annum-local-govt.html
Can you see Obasanjo going as far as supporting the creation of 52 LCDAs in his own Ogun State on the argument that it will bring governance closer to the people yet the same man fought vehemently against that of Lagos State as if that of Lagos was going to take away government far from Lagosians? And if I may ask, didn't Lagosians applaud and welcome it when Tinubu did it? So Obasanjo knew what was in the interest of Lagosians more than Lagosians themselves who applauded Tinubu for it? Your likes don't cease to amaze me with your tendency to politicize nearly everything.

LGA creation is actually all about addressing the social injustice of Northern States like Kano having as much as 44 LGAs and deriving bigger national allocation for contributing relatively nothing to the national coffers while states like Bayelsa, Lagos etc get pittance for having few LGAs despite contributing hugest to the national coffers. Only those seeking political correctness will give it any other explanation.
jaxxy:

I never said obasanjo was perfect neither has any us President bt they all do their bit in moving their country forward not backward.

Obasanjo was a failure in summary as he was a product of the military establishment of the Northern Oligarchy and its Southern Collaborators.

1 Like

Re: After 25 Years Of Blackout, Atiku’s Home Town Gets Electricity by smartleo(m): 11:13am On May 22, 2021
I have never been more disappointed in Nigeria leader than today .

Can you imagine 25years of darkness

And my oga Atiku is their son

I dont want to completely belief this information until I verify it .
Re: After 25 Years Of Blackout, Atiku’s Home Town Gets Electricity by Nobody: 11:15am On May 22, 2021
Golan007:

grin

Shameless Caemrounian.
.... Just help see that kind wickedness angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: After 25 Years Of Blackout, Atiku’s Home Town Gets Electricity by nogragra: 11:23am On May 22, 2021
wwwihy:

https://dailytrust.com/after-25-years-of-blackout-atikus-home-town-gets-electricity
And yet Atifku want to become president. His own charity does not begin from home but from amount of dolars at home.
Re: After 25 Years Of Blackout, Atiku’s Home Town Gets Electricity by Guynexttdoor: 12:15pm On May 22, 2021
What a shame. In this computer age. cry
Re: After 25 Years Of Blackout, Atiku’s Home Town Gets Electricity by cardoctor(m): 12:18pm On May 22, 2021
So there was even light there 25 years ago before it went off. Where did that light come from?
Re: After 25 Years Of Blackout, Atiku’s Home Town Gets Electricity by excomarow(m): 12:19pm On May 22, 2021
You ain't no Shiiit about this country... what ever situation we found ourself here, it is the sole cause of OBJ and Atiku.

sevenhundred:
use your head when analysing Nigeria development in democracy.

Re: After 25 Years Of Blackout, Atiku’s Home Town Gets Electricity by Nobody: 12:23pm On May 22, 2021
I'm Salt Of Words.
Re: After 25 Years Of Blackout, Atiku’s Home Town Gets Electricity by grandstar(m): 1:42pm On May 22, 2021
Deborah98:
Wait I didn't read well, Like what was he doing while in power omo and he's claiming to do better as president,I reserve my comment.

OBJ ignored his area as well. He said he's there for all Nigerians and not just his people

Atiku on the other hand could have used his wealth to electrify the town. If not that that, the sitting governor was his Paddy as Atiku was forced to give up the seat when he chose to be the VP. That governor has been the only Christian governor in a Muslim majority state.

He could simply have urged him to electrify his town.

1 Like

Re: After 25 Years Of Blackout, Atiku’s Home Town Gets Electricity by DedeNkem: 2:17pm On May 22, 2021
PoloG:
but you guys always blame and insult osinbajo that he is a puppet and bla bla bla. .
Igbo hypocrites

Have you seen any post of mine calling Osinbajo a puppet? Why did you drag Igbo into this? Do you hate Igbos this much? Ethnic hatred is a cancer in this country!

I criticize anyone who does wrong irrespective of their ethnicity or religion! I don't defend a bad politician simply because he or she is Igbo or from my region. That's how a sane person behaves, unlike gullible and irrational people like you!

Osinbajo may be a good man and he is not the President, but in politics as long as he's a major member of a failed Presidency, people will include him in their criticism of the administration. I personally believe he supposed to have resigned after he was (and still is) treated like trash by this same administration. Unfortunately, greed is a powerful thing.
Re: After 25 Years Of Blackout, Atiku’s Home Town Gets Electricity by kestolove95(m): 2:25pm On May 22, 2021
Deepthoughts:
The story is just a concocted lie to insult Atiku,Atiku is from Jada n not toungo,you people should get your facts right before choosing to run the devil's errand.
toungo is a village or community inside jada lga..
Re: After 25 Years Of Blackout, Atiku’s Home Town Gets Electricity by Nunam(m): 2:44pm On May 22, 2021
ganye1:
I don't know why bring in Atiku's name into this. Atiku is from Jada LGA not Toungo.. His LG Jada together with Toungo LG though carved out out of Ganye LG do not share common boarder with Toungo.
Me self i wonder how is Atiku is related to Toungo l.g.a
Re: After 25 Years Of Blackout, Atiku’s Home Town Gets Electricity by sevenhundred(m): 2:45pm On May 22, 2021
excomarow:
You ain't no Shiiit about this country... what ever situation we found ourself here, it is the sole cause of OBJ and Atiku.

whoever is blaming the past govt for the present situations needs deliverance.
Re: After 25 Years Of Blackout, Atiku’s Home Town Gets Electricity by DedeNkem: 2:47pm On May 22, 2021
Harrynight:

Being in power (like Atiku vice president) have a chance of pushing for project like that to be done in his home town!

If a vice president can't push for such project is it a common man on the street that can fight for it?

Yes, he could have persuaded the then President (Obasanjo hated him) or governor of his State to look into it and that's it. He couldn't enforce it. And if he had pushed for it, you people would have accused him of favoritism.

A Vice President has no power to do anything on his own unless the President delegates him! The main constitutional job of a Vice President is to replace the President when the latter is dead or incapacitated to do his job.
Re: After 25 Years Of Blackout, Atiku’s Home Town Gets Electricity by excomarow(m): 4:05pm On May 22, 2021
sevenhundred:
whoever is blaming the past govt for the present situations needs deliverance.

I guess you deserve deliverance because you fail to see the root of all the evil that is happening in this country. We are were we are today because our past leader never laid a good foundation for other to follow.

Example, How can a country at this time 2021 be talking about 30k minimum wage instead of 80-100k, na Buhari course am ba

And i still repeat, the problem of our democracy today in this country is OBJ & Atiku
Re: After 25 Years Of Blackout, Atiku’s Home Town Gets Electricity by VictorUSA(m): 4:10pm On May 22, 2021
Can you imagine? Hw can you be VP for 8 years and your home still suffer lack of electricity? Can you believe that?
Re: After 25 Years Of Blackout, Atiku’s Home Town Gets Electricity by Nobody: 4:24pm On May 22, 2021
ottohan:

There will surely be a malfunctioning cow piss drinking brain with a smartphone here.

We know you are
Re: After 25 Years Of Blackout, Atiku’s Home Town Gets Electricity by sevenhundred(m): 4:56pm On May 22, 2021
excomarow:

I guess you deserve deliverance because you fail to see the root of all the evil that is happening in this country. We are were we are today because our past leader never laid a good foundation for other to follow.

Example, How can a country at this time 2021 be talking about 30k minimum wage instead of 80-100k, na Buhari course am ba

And i still repeat, the problem of our democracy today in this country is OBJ & Atiku
so obj and atiku did not inherited any problems cause by the so called past leaders? That you have accused them only?
Re: After 25 Years Of Blackout, Atiku’s Home Town Gets Electricity by excomarow(m): 6:09pm On May 22, 2021
sevenhundred:
so obj and atiku did not inherited any problems cause by the so called past leaders? That you have accused them only?

Bro, forget about the military regime and focus on democracy that started 21 years ago. If you are relocating to a new office building with same organisation, are you going to park your old furniture to the new one

Obj ought to have laid a solid policies that would have guided us in terms of development and growth, because it was a new transition. He failed to change our Constitution that will suit democracy and now you guys are busy killing yourselves on restructuring.

Bro if dont lay good foundation on your house, you definitely going to have problem in the future
Re: After 25 Years Of Blackout, Atiku’s Home Town Gets Electricity by Abdul240(m): 6:12pm On May 22, 2021
Shame on Atiku upon all the money he get is home town dont have access to eletricity for 25yrs God bless the present governor of Adamawa state gud work

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

President Buhari Meets With Portuguese President Marcelo (Photos) / Labour Party Zonal Rally In Nsukka (pictures) / Moment Peter Obi Was Announced At PFN Summit In Bayelsa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.