Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,490 members, 7,823,146 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:16 AM

Cable Car Crashed On Mountain, Killed 14 In Italy (Photos) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cable Car Crashed On Mountain, Killed 14 In Italy (Photos) (50097 Views)

Ship Loses Control Like "Plane Crash" In Italy (Photos) / Female Climber Found Frozen On Mountain After Vanishing 31Yrs Ago In Russia(Pics / 23,000ft, World's Highest Dinner Party Held On Mountain Everest(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cable Car Crashed On Mountain, Killed 14 In Italy (Photos) by fuckingAyaya(m): 10:08am On May 24, 2021
Let it be in history that the COAS was laid to rest in Nigeria and the C in C was in Aso Rock drinking fura de nunu

1 Like

Re: Cable Car Crashed On Mountain, Killed 14 In Italy (Photos) by Ejebleje: 10:16am On May 24, 2021
UncleSnr:
There is cable car in Enugu which stopped working around 1995 or so.

Wow! Fun fact;as many of us never knew it existed .
Re: Cable Car Crashed On Mountain, Killed 14 In Italy (Photos) by end1999constitu(m): 10:45am On May 24, 2021
BluntCrazeMan:
Na Waa Ooo..
What exactly was the cause?
The Cable?
Or the Suspending Columns??
(FTC on Explorers’ Thread.. grin grin cheesy)

Please did it crashed or what?
Re: Cable Car Crashed On Mountain, Killed 14 In Italy (Photos) by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 10:53am On May 24, 2021
oz4real83:
The kind of respect these people pay to their dead always amazes me. From the immediate emergency response,to the neat Mercedes Hearse used in transporting the victims to the officers saluting as the Hearse drove by. I'm an tired of seeing victims of accidents in Nigera being transported in open police pickup vans with plantain/banana leaves to cover them embarassed. May their souls rip.
this is one reason why man must hustle to leave naija.

Abeg e no worth to stay naija

1 Like

Re: Cable Car Crashed On Mountain, Killed 14 In Italy (Photos) by Ishilove: 12:16pm On May 24, 2021
Kweeeeeeke!! Epechime!!! embarassed shocked cry
Re: Cable Car Crashed On Mountain, Killed 14 In Italy (Photos) by Kento4ken: 1:05pm On May 24, 2021
Which one be cable car again na...
Re: Cable Car Crashed On Mountain, Killed 14 In Italy (Photos) by seyz91(m): 1:08pm On May 24, 2021
cheesy
Augla1:
RIP yo them
But wait ooo, i never enter motor wey dey move for ground na d one wey dey move on top rope for up na em I go enter?
Re: Cable Car Crashed On Mountain, Killed 14 In Italy (Photos) by ekaette1621: 1:09pm On May 24, 2021
I laugh in Swahili

I've exhausted all my R.I.Ps
anyway R.I.P
if there's an afterlife.
May the souls of the departed rest in the bosom of Pa Abraham.

welcome to Italy
Re: Cable Car Crashed On Mountain, Killed 14 In Italy (Photos) by Akwamkpuruamu: 1:09pm On May 24, 2021
oz4real83:
The kind of respect these people pay to their dead always amazes me. From the immediate emergency response,to the neat Mercedes Hearse used in transporting the victims to the officers saluting as the Hearse drove by. I'm an tired of seeing victims of accidents in Nigera being transported in open police pickup vans with plantain/banana leaves to cover them embarassed. May their souls rip.

You think there's no reason for calling Nigeria a zoo
Re: Cable Car Crashed On Mountain, Killed 14 In Italy (Photos) by lastempero: 1:13pm On May 24, 2021
I dey fear that cable car like mad.
Re: Cable Car Crashed On Mountain, Killed 14 In Italy (Photos) by Raph82(m): 1:14pm On May 24, 2021
Anything moving in the air is a no no right now.

1 Like

Re: Cable Car Crashed On Mountain, Killed 14 In Italy (Photos) by luluosas(m): 1:15pm On May 24, 2021
So sad. My condolences to the bereaved families
Re: Cable Car Crashed On Mountain, Killed 14 In Italy (Photos) by selfdefence: 1:15pm On May 24, 2021
chai sad one, so this kind thing dey get accident too?
Re: Cable Car Crashed On Mountain, Killed 14 In Italy (Photos) by Doxkelly1(m): 1:15pm On May 24, 2021
Obudu cattle ranch in my mind. Please Ayade go and maintain the legacy of Donald Duke (Nigerian best governor of all time).

2 Likes

Re: Cable Car Crashed On Mountain, Killed 14 In Italy (Photos) by SheriffDTrader(m): 1:16pm On May 24, 2021
Technology comes with it's own down side

1 Like

Re: Cable Car Crashed On Mountain, Killed 14 In Italy (Photos) by wink2015(m): 1:17pm On May 24, 2021
2021 tragedy.

Nigeria just had its own share of military jet crash.

Italy with news of cable car crash.
Re: Cable Car Crashed On Mountain, Killed 14 In Italy (Photos) by LoudLord(m): 1:21pm On May 24, 2021
WTF
Re: Cable Car Crashed On Mountain, Killed 14 In Italy (Photos) by aBrokeRichDude: 1:22pm On May 24, 2021
Me enta cable car suspended in the air with just cable.... Tufiakwa ....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cable Car Crashed On Mountain, Killed 14 In Italy (Photos) by virago(f): 1:24pm On May 24, 2021
Explorers:
At least 14 people were killed and one child has been left with serious injuries after a horror accident in which a mountain-top cable car plunged 65ft to the ground in northern Italy.

The cable car was carrying passengers to the top of the Stresa-Mottarone line in the Piedmont region of the western Alps when it dropped just 1,000ft away from the station shortly after 12pm.

Images from the site showed the crumpled car in a clearing of a thick patch of pine trees near the summit of the Mottarone peak overlooking Lake Maggiore, a popular tourist spot.

Rescuers work by the wreckage of a cable car after it collapsed near the summit of the Stresa-Mottarone line in the Piedmont region, northern Italy, May 23, 2021.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9609621/amp/Mountaintop-cable-car-kills-five-passengers-plunges-ground-northern-Italy.html?__twitter_impression=true

Ok this settles it , no riding in cable cars again

1 Like

Re: Cable Car Crashed On Mountain, Killed 14 In Italy (Photos) by Truthteller2020: 1:27pm On May 24, 2021
BluntCrazeMan:
Na Waa Ooo..
What exactly was the cause?
The Cable?
Or the Suspending Columns??
(FTC on Explorers’ Thread.. grin grin cheesy)
Laughing when people died?
Re: Cable Car Crashed On Mountain, Killed 14 In Italy (Photos) by Truthteller2020: 1:28pm On May 24, 2021
Tijoseg:
2 GAMES= FIVE[ODD]
[s]OREBRO vs MALMO FF
ROSENBORG vs MOLDE
-------
PAYMENT AFTER WINNING;
KICKOFF @ 5:30PM
WHATSA-APP;
0 9 1 3 2 2 4 8 4 5 5[/s]
RIP to the dead.
Re: Cable Car Crashed On Mountain, Killed 14 In Italy (Photos) by robosky02(m): 1:30pm On May 24, 2021
So this one self na unknown gun men?

The road no safe
Re: Cable Car Crashed On Mountain, Killed 14 In Italy (Photos) by Guyman02: 1:31pm On May 24, 2021
They didn't even post any graphic images of the victims.
If na Nigeria, you will see it on Nairaland FP with see images of dead bodies of the victims with an idiotic poster asking Do you know them?

1 Like

Re: Cable Car Crashed On Mountain, Killed 14 In Italy (Photos) by ofuonyebi: 1:31pm On May 24, 2021
WHAT CAN WE SAY AGAIN...THAN TO PITY HUMANITY FOR KILLING THEMSELVES WITH VARIED SELF INFLICTED DEVICES
THIS IS THE EXTENT AT WHICH MAN HAVE DELIBERATELY TEMPTED THEIR CREATOR
RIDDING MOTOR CAR ON A WIRE!

2 Likes

Re: Cable Car Crashed On Mountain, Killed 14 In Italy (Photos) by jaxxy(m): 1:34pm On May 24, 2021
The should be an emergency landing mechanism for unforeseen incidents like this. It shud be triggered automatically.
Re: Cable Car Crashed On Mountain, Killed 14 In Italy (Photos) by Olufemiolaolu(m): 1:34pm On May 24, 2021
so saddening, obudu watch out
Re: Cable Car Crashed On Mountain, Killed 14 In Italy (Photos) by MansoryMX(m): 1:36pm On May 24, 2021
Imagine your first time traveling out of the country for a better life only to die in a cable car cruise!

Re: Cable Car Crashed On Mountain, Killed 14 In Italy (Photos) by lailo: 1:38pm On May 24, 2021
na who don chop belle full dey enter cable car
Re: Cable Car Crashed On Mountain, Killed 14 In Italy (Photos) by descartes400: 1:38pm On May 24, 2021
The cable car should have been encased with some sort of dunlop air bag system.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Robbers Attack Air Peace Aircraft While Taxiing To Take Off At Lagos Airp / Dangote Truck And Bus Collide In Plateau, Many Dead (Disturbing Photos) / Soldier Who Escaped Attack On Her Wedding Day Killed In Fatal Accident. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.