Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,065 members, 7,810,968 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:44 PM

Shame On Guardian News And Nigeriawebportal.com - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Shame On Guardian News And Nigeriawebportal.com (990 Views)

My thoughts / I Want To Sell My News And Entertainment Blog / Some Must Visit Nigerian Site For News And Celerity Gossips (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shame On Guardian News And Nigeriawebportal.com by Cactus(m): 4:39am On Jul 13, 2007
Current Time : 11:15pm US Eastern Standard Time Date 12 July 2007

article source: http://www.guardiannewsngr.com/compulife/article03/120707

title: Nigeria web portal debuts in the IT market By Sunny Obidigbo

paragraph 6:

" He explained that the web, www.nigeriawebportal.com, which was hoisted and launched in Canada, recorded traffic flow of about a million hit in just one week, all making inquiries on the services the web could render."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Claim : Traffic flow of about 1 million hit in just one week

Fact: domain name registered early June.

total hits for the month of June = 12125
Current total hits for July as at early 13 July 2007 = 13659

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The information provided for that article was falsified and appropriate disciplinary actions should be taken.

I would like this issue to be addressed as the owners of the website provided false information in writing of the article. I would wish you could do your research before publishing news articles relating to Nigerian websites. Though we all strive to be ethical, this is absolutely unacceptable. If you guys were paid to write this article, something needs to be done. Attached are documents in print format for the article, the website usage statistics of nigeriawebportal.com and available registration information.

Looking at the Monthly Statistics for June 2007 you can see the total hits is not even up to 15000, let alone close to 1 million hits. Same for July, though the month is not yet over, not yet up to 15000 hits .

nigeriawebportal.com does not provide email though they have phone number and contact form at least there should be an email address.

email = info@nigeriawebportal.com

Though it seems insignficant but for it to show up in guardian news without research is unacceptable

download files for statistics and article here just in case guardian news pulls it down lol or nigeriawebportal secures their stats which by then its too late AH AH AH dumbasses. if someone can verify email addy that will be great

http://afrikatopia.com/misc/guardiannewsnigeriawebportdotcomfraud.zip

oh maybe now they may use bots to increase hits lol
Re: Shame On Guardian News And Nigeriawebportal.com by Afam(m): 8:48am On Jul 13, 2007
You ain't seen nothing yet, it seems people don't give a damn these days when they lie.

The newspapers? Investigating anything? When its not politics and rumours they are lost.

As for the website, soon they will understand that having 4 million hits per month mean nothing if they do not make money unless they are running some charity. A lesson a lot of website owners learn the hard way.
Re: Shame On Guardian News And Nigeriawebportal.com by Seun(m): 8:55am On Jul 13, 2007
It's not the first time a Nigerian website will receive undeservedly glowing newspaper reviews.
Re: Shame On Guardian News And Nigeriawebportal.com by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jul 13, 2007
DESPITE THE FACT THA I WORK IN ONE OF THE HIGHEST SELLING NEWSPAPER I KNOW ALOT OF NEWSPAPER DON'T VARIFIED REPORTS ESPECIALLY WHEN IT HAS TO DO WITH THE INTERNET BECAUSE SOME OF THE SO CALLED REPORTERS DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW TO USE THE INTERNET SO HOW WILL THEY KNOW IF SOMEBODY IS LIYING ABOU T SOMETHING REALTED TO THE INTERNET DON'T MIND ALL THIS NEWSPAPER HOUSES I SAW THE REPORTS IN THE SUN NEWSPAPER THAT IS WHERE I WORK AS A WEB DEVELOPER
Re: Shame On Guardian News And Nigeriawebportal.com by Cactus(m): 3:17pm On Jul 13, 2007
I am waiting for replies from both guardian news and nigeriawebportal. technically no one really needs to see the stats once u look at the website you can easily figure that its all fake.

I keep emailing them, if they block my email, i get another lol

(1) (Reply)

Hw Do I Recive My Adsense Money / Nysc Website - Don't We Deserve Better / Dojomap: A Mini Dojo Application

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.