Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,851 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:13 PM

How Can I Get A Gun? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Can I Get A Gun? (16447 Views)

What Could This Man Need A Gun For Where Buhari Is Praying?? / Policemen & Soldiers In A Gun-battle At Dongoyaro In Bauchi / Nigerian Army Engaged A Boko Haram Member In A Gun Battle For Over 4 Hours. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Get A Gun? by Nobody: 8:57pm On Apr 30, 2011
What does it take to get a gun legally in Nigeria?
Re: How Can I Get A Gun? by Sharonf(f): 9:00pm On Apr 30, 2011
Go to police and ask for one.
See question

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Get A Gun? by satani22: 10:07pm On Apr 30, 2011
call me
Re: How Can I Get A Gun? by Jakumo(m): 5:27am On May 01, 2011
Sharon_f:

Go to police and ask for one.
See question

Unofficially, policemen in Nigeria do sell weapons seized from bandits, or from permit holders who submitted their guns to the police for "safe keeping", as stipulated in the licence booklet. That cottage industry can be likened to recycling of ordnance by patriotic and enterprising policemen.

If, however, you don't have a solid contact in the police force who can arrange such a deal, visit O.A.L Araba in Yaba, Lagos. That organization has sold guns LEGALLY in Nigeria for the past half century, and will deliver your weapon along with the required permit. In Ibadan the gun dealer of repute is Ashamu, but that old geezer might be out of business, since little has been heard of him for quite a few moons now.

Let the blasting begin, and may you never peer down the wrong end of a gun.

5 Likes

Re: How Can I Get A Gun? by PhysicsMHD(m): 5:48am On May 01, 2011
Jakumo:

Unofficially, policemen in Nigeria do sell weapons seized from bandits, or from permit holders who submitted their guns to the police for "safe keeping", as stipulated in the licence booklet. That cottage industry can be likened to recycling of ordnance by patriotic and enterprising policemen.

If, however, you don't have a solid contact in the police force who can arrange such a deal, visit O.A.L Araba in Yaba, Lagos. That organization has sold guns LEGALLY in Nigeria for the past half century, and will deliver your weapon along with the required permit. In Ibadan the gun dealer of repute is Ashamu, but that old geezer might be out of business, since little has been heard of him for quite a few moons now.

Let the blasting begin, and may you never peer down the wrong end of a gun.

Sometimes you and some of the people you describe seem like characters out of a novel.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Get A Gun? by yiboboy: 10:27am On May 01, 2011
OP, Gun for what? Nigeria is not as bad as being purported, u'do better getting armed personnel to guide ur residence and u can watch and safely plan ur movement during the day. Getting a gun puts you in a different light altogether, Nigeria is not U.S and things don't work according to plan here. Your possesing a gun might end up doing u more harm than good as you could be come the target of witch hunt from jealous or sceptical neighbours (if they know about it).

Who's to say the gun won't act up when u really need it. Are u married with kids? Remember kids of now-a-days are like eons ahead of their time.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Get A Gun? by adook1: 10:34am On May 01, 2011
go to onitsha main market,any boys hanging around fabrication tell them you need groundnuts(another name for bullets) then talk of awka or kala
Re: How Can I Get A Gun? by Nobody: 10:54am On May 05, 2011
@yiboboy

there are many uses for the gun. don't fret. someone needs to know how to acquire one legally.
Re: How Can I Get A Gun? by ITbomb(m): 3:05pm On May 05, 2011
<quote>go to onitsha main market,any boys hanging around fabrication tell them you need groundnuts(another name for bullets) then talk of awka or kala </quote>
i now understand where ACN get guns into Akwa Ibom

Ado Ok
Re: How Can I Get A Gun? by Nobody: 3:12pm On May 05, 2011
ado ok:

go to onitsha main market,any boys hanging around fabrication tell them you need groundnuts(another name for bullets) then talk of awka or kala
Re: How Can I Get A Gun? by Nobody: 5:32pm On May 05, 2011
Join the police force or army.

May I ask why you need a gun?

Hope you don't plan to harm anybody Oh!!
Re: How Can I Get A Gun? by mondob2k(m): 5:55pm On May 05, 2011
@Poster go to a road block, snatch one from a mopol then jump on your stand by bike and take off. hope this helps?

gun ko bullet ni. ole!!!

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get A Gun? by Nobody: 10:26am On May 06, 2011
So no one knows how to get a gun the legal way.
Re: How Can I Get A Gun? by Jakumo(m): 10:29am On May 06, 2011
I refuse to be ignored, Baba Early.

Get your LEGAL gun and permit from A.O.L Araba and Sons, of Yaba, Lagos.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get A Gun? by oderemo(m): 10:48am On May 06, 2011
come to my home town in remo, i can get u my granpa gun. still working last tym i used it in my farm.
at least i came back with lots of APASUN. trust me. grin grin
Re: How Can I Get A Gun? by Deinmak: 12:41pm On Mar 02, 2012
Jakumo can you provide O.A.L Araba & Sons contact(address and phone number)
Re: How Can I Get A Gun? by Kobojunkie: 1:59pm On Mar 02, 2012
Ebay!

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get A Gun? by scriptwizz: 2:51pm On Mar 02, 2012
is that another way of begging for boko haram membership? pls moderator checkmate this thread, its fishy.
Re: How Can I Get A Gun? by Deinmak: 7:48am On Mar 03, 2012
Getting a gun in Nigeria, has got nothing to do with Boko Haram membership.
Legally, it is supported by the Nigerian Firearms Act of 1990.

STILL ANYONE WITH CONTACT(address and phone number) OF ANY LEGITIMATE FIREARMS DEALER IN NIGERIA?
OR THAT OF O.A.L. Araba & Sons in Yaba, Lagos
Re: How Can I Get A Gun? by scriptwizz: 9:07am On Mar 03, 2012
Deinmak:

Getting a gun in Nigeria, has got nothing to do with Boko Haram membership.
Legally, it is supported by the Nigerian Firearms Act of 1990.

STILL ANYONE WITH CONTACT(address and phone number) OF ANY LEGITIMATE FIREARMS DEALER IN NIGERIA?
OR THAT OF O.A.L. Araba & Sons in Yaba, Lagos

well i believe you can preach that to your kids? right?
Re: How Can I Get A Gun? by Jakumo(m): 9:27am On Mar 03, 2012
Re: How Can I Get A Gun? by Deinmak: 10:21am On Mar 03, 2012
@ Scriptwizz: deep truth; life itself & backed by that law.

STILL ANYONE WITH PHONE NUMBER AND ADDRESS OF O.A.L. ARABA & SONS?
Re: How Can I Get A Gun? by Jakumo(m): 11:38am On Mar 03, 2012
Deinmak, I apologize for posting outdated information here, but I have not set foot in Nigeria for many moons, and generally avoid Lagos like a war-zone when there.   

Spoke to a friend who informed me that the Yaba location of Araba's gun shop is no more, and that one of his sons sells licenced hunting guns out of his home in Ondo State, from where he delivers to serious buyers.

I am reluctant to publish a private phone number on the internet, so I can only suggest now that you try Ashamu in Ibadan.   Take the Ibadan Expressway to its end point, hang a right turn, and you SHOULD see the signboard for Ashamu on your right hand side, less than one mile down the road from the expressway end-point.    Ashamu's shop is set back a few yards from the road, and is a bungalow standing on its own, marked by that road-side signboard advertising guns and building materials.

Best of luck.
Re: How Can I Get A Gun? by stormm: 12:14pm On Mar 03, 2012
Araba also has an outlet around new Garage/Baale area, Apelehin, Bariga
Re: How Can I Get A Gun? by md003: 9:40pm On Aug 02, 2013
anyone with O.A.L Araba new contact or any other licensed arms dealer?
Re: How Can I Get A Gun? by neweve: 9:55pm On Dec 21, 2013
i know a guy dat knows a guy.. shadowshoe@gmail.com should be helpfull in geting u a legit fire arm.
Re: How Can I Get A Gun? by Famm: 4:05pm On Mar 03, 2015
yiboboy:
OP, Gun for what? Nigeria is not as bad as being purported, u'do better getting armed personnel to guide ur residence and u can watch and safely plan ur movement during the day. Getting a gun puts you in a different light altogether, Nigeria is not U.S and things don't work according to plan here. Your possesing a gun might end up doing u more harm than good as you could be come the target of witch hunt from jealous or sceptical neighbours (if they know about it).

Who's to say the gun won't act up when u really need it. Are u married with kids? Remember kids of now-a-days are like eons ahead of their time.

dude whats your concern if whether he wants a gun or not? your saying he should have security personnel instead but they can be the ones to creep you up...even if i have security i'll still keep the tool by my side

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get A Gun? by lilreese: 10:09am On Dec 05, 2015
stormm:
Araba also has an outlet around new Garage/Baale area, Apelehin, Bariga
Do u still know where I can get a gun ?
Re: How Can I Get A Gun? by princemartinsG(m): 4:21pm On Jan 12, 2016
Firstly to get a gun it must be confirmed that you are not a criminal needing a gun for criminal reasons.
Secondly if you must get a gun, it must not be a prohibited firearm but a non-prohibited and licencend firearm as permitted by law. For a non prohibited and licenced firearm you can visit

www.npf.gov.ng.

Click firearms license link on the quick-link menu.

Click on the link “new link” to obtain an application ID which will be electronically generated and automatically sent to the E-mail you provided.

Also for repair and service of registered and licenced firearms

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Get A Gun? by uwa1(m): 4:39pm On Jan 12, 2016
K
Re: How Can I Get A Gun? by neweve: 2:33pm On Jul 17, 2016
I know this guy shadowshoe@gmail.com, he can help.
Re: How Can I Get A Gun? by Friedfred(m): 9:33pm On Aug 08, 2020
neweve:
I know this guy shadowshoe@gmail.com, he can help.

Thanks. Very helpful

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Steady Electricity Possible In Nigeria? / “Nigerians Deserve Better” - Ben Bruce On Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa / Wike: 60% Of COVID-19 Cases In Rivers Are Oil Workers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.