Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,503 members, 7,861,441 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 12:24 PM

Would There Have Been Any Killing Of A Northerner In The Niger Delta If Buhari Had Won? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Would There Have Been Any Killing Of A Northerner In The Niger Delta If Buhari Had Won? (559 Views)

Why Buhari Had To Abandon His Campaign Promises-lai Mohamed / Fct: Yet Another Northerner In The Saddle / If You Want NIGERIA DIVIDED, Dont Vote A Northerner In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would There Have Been Any Killing Of A Northerner In The Niger Delta If Buhari Had Won? by Nobody: 9:43pm On Apr 30, 2011
I am wondering what would have been the mood in the 'Republic' of Southern Nigeria especially the Niger-Delta region if Buhari had won the presidential election.
Re: Would There Have Been Any Killing Of A Northerner In The Niger Delta If Buhari Had Won? by vladimiros: 3:38am On May 01, 2011
why would we kill them?

who would make suya?
Re: Would There Have Been Any Killing Of A Northerner In The Niger Delta If Buhari Had Won? by Jarus(m): 4:28am On May 01, 2011
In the run-up to the election, an embittered Niger Deltan colleague told me that he will personally carry explosives and blow up our street if GEJ did not win. He may not have done that, but his brothers in the creeks would surely have blown up many facilities in the Niger Delta. I don't think much life will be lost in the likely ND mayhem but surely more facilities.

Caveat: This in no way endorses or justifies the senseless kinnlings in the North.
Re: Would There Have Been Any Killing Of A Northerner In The Niger Delta If Buhari Had Won? by kcjazz(m): 4:35am On May 01, 2011
If Buhari got 90% in the South grin, hell yeah! there would be violence.
Re: Would There Have Been Any Killing Of A Northerner In The Niger Delta If Buhari Had Won? by Beaf: 4:55am On May 01, 2011
Jarus:

In the run-up to the election, an embittered Niger Deltan colleague told me that he will personally carry explosives and blow up our street if GEJ did not win. He may not have done that, but his brothers in the creeks would surely have blown up many facilities in the Niger Delta. I don't think much life will be lost in the likely ND mayhem but surely more facilities.

Caveat: This in no way endorses or justifies the senseless kinnlings in the North.

If GEJ had been schemed out, I'm pretty sure Nigeria would have learnt a thing or two. No group is born to rule the country and no citizen is second class.
We would certainly have walked out of the country.

. . .But kill innocent people like the demonic almajiri's up North? No, never. We are civilised.
Re: Would There Have Been Any Killing Of A Northerner In The Niger Delta If Buhari Had Won? by Jarus(m): 6:26am On May 01, 2011
I agree partially with that. Don't think your people will burn religious houses or kill corpers, but historically, billion worth facilities will be lost(which, no matter the value, is not worth life anyway) but there will still be deaths and I'll not rule out your people attacking Sabos in Warri, PH etc.

Let us also not forget that we Yorubas also fiercely rioted over the injustice done to our man, Abiola, in 1993. Houses were burnt, things destroyed, few people lost their lives.

My main problem with Northerners' response is killing of innocent souls(corpers) and attacking religious places. Otherwise, expressing their displeasure to their PDP rigging elite is not out totally out of place, given the way these leaders manipulate these people.
Re: Would There Have Been Any Killing Of A Northerner In The Niger Delta If Buhari Had Won? by Rhino5dm: 6:34am On May 01, 2011
Those Almajiri's are useless and worthless. stvpid people.

why on earth will you attack innocent soul?

@ Topic
I don't so, poeple in down south hate seeing dead bodies. (Though a friend equally threatens civil war in advent of GEJ loosing.

(1) (Reply)

Chris Ngige Has Sworn Another Oath / Jonathan Sacks All Ministers / Akala Withdrew N3b Five Days To His Exit, Ajimobi Alleges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.