Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,319 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:45 AM

Stolen Cars From Usa End Up In Nigeria. - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Stolen Cars From Usa End Up In Nigeria. (5627 Views)

Why Toyota Camry Tiny Light Is Easily Stolen! / What Usually Happens To Stolen Cars / Confession Of Suspected Receiver Of Stolen Cars – Caveat Emptor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stolen Cars From Usa End Up In Nigeria. by Nobody: 1:49pm On May 03, 2011
@OP

Let it go.Seems you have the impression that all luxury cars on Nigerian roads are stolen from the US.
Re: Stolen Cars From Usa End Up In Nigeria. by Fhemmmy: 1:56pm On May 03, 2011
erico2k2:

what do you mean by they wnt be able to go fru thousand of rides?when you take your car to the sea port, you drive it to the customs checking point and someone comes out to check the Docs against colour VIN and VRM, it takes less than 10 mins, an they go back to get custom clearance,they do it for every vehicle, mayB these guys butcher the vehicles and ship them as parts?

I have said the little i feel like saying . . . Will keep enjoying the thread
Re: Stolen Cars From Usa End Up In Nigeria. by Fhemmmy: 1:57pm On May 03, 2011
MrPrsdent:

@OP

Let it go.Seems you have the impression that all luxury cars on Nigerian roads are stolen from the US.

Nope, Most are from Canada as well . . . . . Ghana is another destination for this ride, but the Ghana govt is at least doing something to make sure that the people dont tarnish their image, unlike the Nigerian govt . . . . . .
Re: Stolen Cars From Usa End Up In Nigeria. by mastro: 2:34pm On May 03, 2011
There are probably loads of stolen cars on the roads of Nigeria, the average Nigerian buyer doesn't care if the car is stolen, remember https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-325031.0.html

Though I still don't understand why all imports are not run through the Interpol database before being issued papers, actually I do understand grin
Re: Stolen Cars From Usa End Up In Nigeria. by Fhemmmy: 2:36pm On May 03, 2011
mastro:

There are probably loads of stolen cars on the roads of Nigeria, the average Nigerian buyer doesn't care if the car is stolen, remember https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-325031.0.html

Very true
Re: Stolen Cars From Usa End Up In Nigeria. by mastro: 4:46pm On May 03, 2011
Oh and my other pet hate,

clocked cars, of which I have 1st hand experience, you will hardly find Tokunbo cars with stamped up service books, I've been shown a 2004 accord with 15,000 miles on the clock with worn seats and pedals, me thinks more like 205,000 as I told the dealer who wasn't very happy grin

Problem is of course that clocking cars nowadays is very very easy, mileage correction they call it.
Re: Stolen Cars From Usa End Up In Nigeria. by batuphil(m): 7:29am On May 05, 2011
Have always wondered what people who commits these evil act in tarnishing Nigerians image feel everytime they are being singled out as a Nigerian?
One question I answered pretty much everyday is "Where are you from?". Many will love you for your accent while some will take a deep breath trying to find a way far from you just because you said "Am from Nigeria". I have always been proud to say am a Nigerian not until the day I had an awkard moment right after my answer.
I just hope that all these guys ruining Nigerian image abroad can be used as an examples for others to come. This problem is everywhere not just in US but I hope and pray that someday we will be able to stand up proudly while holding our green passport.
Re: Stolen Cars From Usa End Up In Nigeria. by sam1358: 12:09am On Apr 18, 2015
I have seen people who claims to offer door to door service and even mentionned that they can ship cars door to door service. After many research about "Shipping Car to Nigeria" I found this article and would like to share that with every one .
http://usgshipping.com/index.php/shipping-to-africa-from-usa/shipping-to-west-africa/shipping-to-nigeria-from-usa
Re: Stolen Cars From Usa End Up In Nigeria. by Nobody: 4:07am On Apr 18, 2015
MrPrsdent:
@OP

Before cars are shipped out of the US,they are held at the port by US Customs for up to 5 days and rigorously checked, The era when stolen cars are shipped out are gone

I ship cars weekly to Nigeria so i should be in a position to know

Stolen ones still get out. It just takes a bit more work.

One of my fellow autoist in my car club is a U.S. Customs agent that is stationed at Long Beach, so I should know.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Reasons Why You Should Own A Diesel Car / Made-in-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m / The Transparent Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.