Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,434 members, 7,830,186 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:29 PM

Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? - Sports (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? (34145 Views)

Casemiro Vs Ngolo Kante: Who Is The Better Tackler? / Messi Vs Iceland: Caption These Photos Of Iceland Players Marking Messi / Comparing The Penalty Played By Messi Vs The One Ronaldo Played (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by richmanrichard: 9:48pm On May 30, 2021
paulolee:

lolz..he has won It all n messi is finished but still ended the season with 30+ goals n assist more than all ur attackers combined...
no b small finished
n zero trophy
Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by jibson55: 9:55pm On May 30, 2021
I'm a fan of real Madrid, Comparing the both is pure madness

2 Likes

Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by ideylaff: 9:55pm On May 30, 2021
Bomboiy:
Lol Messi is actually the S.I unit of football,anyone and everyone gets compared to him.

Kante had a great UCL run and he's being compared to Messi, unbelievable.

Can you just imagine � people have such a short memory
Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by m140(m): 10:05pm On May 30, 2021
paulolee:

lolz..we talking individual achievement n not team trophies...messi still have a big collections of trophies except with his national team n it takes nothing away from him..
ballon d or is more by selection than voting n dnt wana argue more my guy
do u think modric would av won it ahead of cr7 if its by voting?? who would vote modric ahead of a cr7 after winning dt ucl with real?
Na him dey mark na. Na spirit they select na
Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by okeyfx(m): 10:08pm On May 30, 2021
Sorry OP but Messi is beyond the scope of this argument.
Next time be reasonable. mtttcchhheeewwww!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by abbiboy: 10:08pm On May 30, 2021
ogbiwa:

This is not a comparison bro. These things are simple and some comments won't be necessary if we take time to think. You can't "compare" two things that are not like for like. Kante is a DM and Messi is a ST so their roles on a pitch are different therefore you can't substitute one's role for the other. Comparison will be if we're talking Messi/Ronaldo or Kante/Ndidi etc. So the poll was simply if you would rather have a team with a strong DM like Kante or a strong ST like Messi. You get it now?
Oga be calming down,if u will ave?Are they playing in the same position,so the question has no basis for discussion from the word Go.
Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by Nobody: 10:08pm On May 30, 2021
Correct

paulolee:

nothing but jus winning Olympic gold for them n dts his only flaws...but I still insist, what messi have done individually in football, d record he have broken n the individual awards he gat can not be attained by any player in dt France team dead or alive....case closed..
Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by NOETHNICITY(m): 10:09pm On May 30, 2021
paulolee:

nope...dts his only flaws till today and he even accepted dt he isnt lucky with agentina n CNT win it all...
but do winning d world cup makes mbappe or any france player dead or alive better than messi individually?
Henry once said, I dnt bliev in messi hype not until i trained n played wit him, dts when I realized leo was underated n was so good dt I can pay money to watch him train
I like leo, but Mbappe of today is better than Messi of today irrespective of how you want to veiw it
Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by abbiboy: 10:12pm On May 30, 2021
DesignAndBuild:

Insult? At who? First like ogbiwa has said above this is not a comparison of Messi and Kante as both players are not like for like, and then even secondly, Kante has won the world cup, Europa and Champions League in addition to his local league and played a central role in each of them, Messi has won the Champions league and his local league, so you may want to think again before knowing who you think is insulting who. Finally Kante and Chelsea outplayed Mancity yesterday so they're fully deserving champions. And this is from a non Chelsea fan
Go and check the meaning of outplayed before using words carelessly.chelsea only scored a goal,they didn't not play football in their charismatic way as usual when they meet ballers.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by 3gpvids: 10:16pm On May 30, 2021
Nigeria and nonsense be like glue

1 Like

Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by stayclearofme: 10:31pm On May 30, 2021
m140:

Which one be your own... when messi start play ball sef
LoL... Pele... Messi is even probably older than you.
Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by m140(m): 10:35pm On May 30, 2021
stayclearofme:

LoL... Pele... Messi is even probably older than you.
Paste your birth certificate now you go dey fear
Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by paulolee(m): 10:41pm On May 30, 2021
NOETHNICITY:
I like leo, but Mbappe of today is better than Messi of today irrespective of how you want to veiw it
thats normal bcoz messi av declined n dts nature for u..all clubs would go for a mbappe or haaland than messi or cr7 of today n dts why they command a high market value..
but it doesn't mean that pochetino would place mbappe in d same sentence with messi bcoz its disrespectful...
he would always acknowledge messi brilliance n take messi out of the question and choose his mbappe n dts respect..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by okhaiii(m): 10:45pm On May 30, 2021
WETIN UNA DEY SMOKE SELF TO DEY ASK THIS KIND QUESTION OP UNA NO DEY FEAR GOD O!
ogbiwa:
Men and brethren, after watching the champions league final yesterday, I'm beginning to reassess what I initially knew to be true about football which is that good attackers win you games. I can 100% say that Kante was a MAJOR reason for Chelsea's victory. Yes Messi may assure you goals and creativity and terrorize defenders but boy what a player like Kante brings to any team is out of this world.

NB I'm not a Chelsea fan but Chelsea fans I think you guys are blessed to have one of the all time greatest all round midfielders in your team. Kai what a player
Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by NOETHNICITY(m): 10:57pm On May 30, 2021
paulolee:

thats normal bcoz messi av declined n dts nature for u..all clubs would go for a mbappe or haaland than messi or cr7 of today n dts why they command a high market value..
but it doesn't mean that pochetino would place mbappe in d same sentence with messi bcoz its disrespectful...
he would always acknowledge messi brilliance n take messi out of the question and choose his mbappe n dts respect..
Go back and read the ops post once again
He asked who would you rather have in ur team today between Leo and Kanye
Going by this he is talking about thier current onthepitch relevance
Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by stayclearofme: 11:10pm On May 30, 2021
m140:

Paste your birth certificate now you go dey fear
Lol....you think say everybody here na your mate?.. my first world cup on TV was 1978.. Argentina 78 Make I leave you with that!

2 Likes

Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by tunize(m): 11:14pm On May 30, 2021
Messi na class now any day anytime cos that guy can play any role in football outside maybe acting as a defender.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by VictorTobore(m): 11:51pm On May 30, 2021
I for say messi but this picture is making me think I am making a wrong choice.sad

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by omotola90(m): 11:51pm On May 30, 2021
paulolee:

nope...dts his only flaws till today and he even accepted dt he isnt lucky with agentina n CNT win it all...
but do winning d world cup makes mbappe or any france player dead or alive better than messi individually?
Henry once said, I dnt bliev in messi hype not until i trained n played wit him, dts when I realized leo was underated n was so good dt I can pay money to watch him train
samuel 'agba' eto felix said.... I know only one god of soccer... His name is Lionel Messi... I be correct Chelsea fan ooo

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by 143boi: 12:22am On May 31, 2021
LOL. Kante is good but comparing him with Messi is rubbish. It's like saying Kante is comparable to Pele and Maradona. Except you just started watching soccer in this generation. Abeg park well

2 Likes

Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by Kindledlight(m): 1:12am On May 31, 2021
Bomboiy:
Lol Messi is actually the S.I unit of football,anyone and everyone gets compared to him.

Oga stop hating or always having urge to shalaye.

OP isn’t comparing and he didn’t ask you to compare he only asked a simple question.

Answer and move on, if you don’t know what to say then it is not a must you comment.
Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by Kindledlight(m): 1:13am On May 31, 2021
Bomboiy:

Oga stop hating or always having urge to shalaye.

OP isn’t comparing and he didn’t ask you to compare he only asked a simple question.

Answer and move on, if you don’t know what to say then it is not a must you comment.

No be only S.I na Fundamental unit.
Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by Kindledlight(m): 1:16am On May 31, 2021
ogbiwa:

This is not a comparison bro. These things are simple and some comments won't be necessary if we take time to think. You can't "compare" two things that are not like for like. Kante is a DM and Messi is a ST so their roles on a pitch are different therefore you can't substitute one's role for the other. Comparison will be if we're talking Messi/Ronaldo or Kante/Ndidi etc. So the poll was simply if you would rather have a team with a strong DM like Kante or a strong
ST like Messi. You get it now?

Don’t mind the guy, typical Nigerians will always find a way to smuggle their frustrations and hatred into an important discourse.
Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by angelEmade: 1:24am On May 31, 2021
richmanrichard:
n zero trophy
mumu na tv back u dey watch abi... Or u think say na ur manure team wey never carry cup for four years now....
Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by Kindledlight(m): 1:25am On May 31, 2021
Luigi02:
Some people are just damn brainless. I'm a hard core Messi fan, also a Chelsea and there's hardly any comparison in the post. If you think the OP was trying to compare them, then go for a medical brain check up.
Would you rather have someone who can guarantee you a strong and solid midfield in Kante or one who can guarantee you goals and assists in Messi? If you're given the money today, which would you rather buy? This is the problem of Barcelona today. They invest so much money in attackers like Dembele and
Coutinho who normally would guarantee them goals and assists and overlook defenders and solid midfielders like kante who would guarantee them a strong back line. OP, I'll choose Messi without any doubt, but if possible I'll take the two

Thank you jare, please help explain very well to that monicker called paulo abi na paulee, so that he can stop spamming the whole thread with his hatred and frustration.
Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by mrkings84(m): 1:46am On May 31, 2021
All this thing way una dey talk no concern me. My.only concern be say make them bring gaduola man city make we beat them again....

We need to beat them sote wen dem hear Chel.... B4 the Sea dem don jappa....
Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by deeptechcool(m): 4:39am On May 31, 2021
paulolee:

lolz...sorry ma bt I cnt bcoz i cant edit or clear wat u dnt understand...
I meant what messi have done in football, the records n achievements he have attained individually, no player dead or alive can reach their, maybe in d next 50 years..
u talking world cup n dts a team achievement n only mbappe or kante didn't win the world cup for France...
incase u dtn know, d best player award in dt same world cup dt france won was given to luka modric because he was d best individually bt frnace won collectively as a team...u dig??

Just shut it and concentrate on the topic.
What has Messi won in football that Ronaldo has not surpassed? You Messi fans and overhype are 5 n 6.
Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by kevoh(m): 4:53am On May 31, 2021
Damn, I never knew English and comprehension were this hard? grin Shaking my head at the 'emotional' responses on this thread!

1 Like

Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by Lordbinsmar: 5:20am On May 31, 2021
blueAgent:

Kante is never a holding midfielder, you can say defensive but not holding.

He never does well in 433 formation as the single pivot.
Most football fans barley understand tactics.

Please Sir, why is Kante not a holding midfielder? Considering the fact that he protects the defensive line and destroys the opponent attacking move both at his club and national team.

Is this not the role of a holding midfielder? I think you are the one who do not understand football tactics, because you are confusing a player's position (defensive midfielder) with his role in the team (holding midfielder).

Kante at Leicester City played more as a box to box midfielder, balancing between attacking and defensive role. But his present role at Chelsea is a purely destroying role.
Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by lichocho(m): 6:31am On May 31, 2021
DesignAndBuild:

Insult? At who? First like ogbiwa has said above this is not a comparison of Messi and Kante as both players are not like for like, and then even secondly, Kante has won the world cup, Europa and Champions League in addition to his local league and played a central role in each of them, Messi has won the Champions league and his local league, so you may want to think again before knowing who you think is insulting who. Finally Kante and Chelsea outplayed Mancity yesterday so they're fully deserving champions. And this is from a non Chelsea fan
weda u be Chelsea or no Chelsea e get tins wey una no suppose de talk..
Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by lichocho(m): 6:38am On May 31, 2021
Amotolongbo:
Mbappe ( Kante’s younger brother) has won World Cup, has Messi done that?
i wonder hw una take de watch football..

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Cristiano Ronaldo Has Not Broken Josef Bican's All-time Goalscoring Records / FIFA World Player Of The Year To Be Announced Today / My Mother Was In Tears After I Received Racist Abuse - Tammy Abraham

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.