Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,442 members, 7,846,818 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 01:45 AM

Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? - Sports (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? (34202 Views)

Casemiro Vs Ngolo Kante: Who Is The Better Tackler? / Messi Vs Iceland: Caption These Photos Of Iceland Players Marking Messi / Comparing The Penalty Played By Messi Vs The One Ronaldo Played (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by Ugokelvin007: 12:53pm On May 31, 2021
U are very stupid n useless..mumu pesin wey no even know u.. foolish murderfucker
blueAgent:

Really?

I guess he got to World cup final through you playing his role?

Clown your brain need formatting.
Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by blueAgent(m): 1:18pm On May 31, 2021
Ugokelvin007:
U are very stupid n useless..mumu pesin wey no even know u.. foolish murderfucker

E pain you die.�������

Next time do the needful , reboot your head before you comment.
Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by diordaves(m): 1:50pm On May 31, 2021
paulolee:

you keep listing team trophies n i havnt seen any individual recognition or award from ur so called kante..
messi is in his comfort zone dt gave him 6 ballon d or more than all players dead and alive in france...tired of arguing with sentimental peps abegi..

There is already a call by the football world for Kante to be awarded the Ballon d'Or. And you know what? He might just get it. Football is not only about who is scoring the goals but also them that are the engine room, the backbone and the war horse. Kante is a war horse.

In any team that Kante is fit and is in his correct role and position - Chelsea or France, Messi will struggle to score, if he scores at all.

Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by paulolee(m): 2:47pm On May 31, 2021
diordaves:

There is already a call by the football world for Kante to be awarded the Ballon d'Or. And you know what? He might just get it. Football is not only about who is scoring the goals but also them that are the engine room, the backbone and the war horse. Kante is a war horse.

In any team that Kante is fit and is in his correct role and position - Chelsea or France, Messi will struggle to score, if he scores at all.
lolz...we all know dt the magazine have its office in UK n it normal, even d same way bild of German is calling for lewa and l'equippe of france is calling for mbappe n also marca are listing many points why messi will win it after d drop of from of mbappe...
huge clubs do pay to sponsor such editorials n its nothing...this same paper and even espn n skysport handle also asked for VVD to win it back den n we know how it ended.

2 Likes

Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by Ugokelvin007: 4:12pm On May 31, 2021
Lolz mtchew imp wey Dem dey pocket nowadays..u no wise..ewu cheesy
blueAgent:

E pain you die.�������

Next time do the needful , reboot your head before you comment.

Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by OJEEMAH(m): 4:21pm On May 31, 2021
Enough of the hype pls. There's no doubt he is one of the best in his position but it is not enough to make a statement like this.

Where was he when Chelsea collect 6 from Man city?

Where was he when Bayern flogged Chelsea 7-2 on aggregate??

Where was he when MESSI smashed Chelsea 2 goals?

3 Likes

Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by OJEEMAH(m): 4:24pm On May 31, 2021
diordaves:

Enough of the hype pls. There's no doubt he is one of the best in his position but it is not enough to make a statement like this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by FRANKLINJUNIOR1(m): 4:43pm On May 31, 2021
Boss, it's really funny though... But Kante is good anyway
Bomboiy:
Lol Messi is actually the S.I unit of football,anyone and everyone gets compared to him.

Kante had a great UCL run and he's being compared to Messi, unbelievable.
Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by m140(m): 5:04pm On May 31, 2021
stayclearofme:

Lol....you think say everybody here na your mate?.. my first world cup on TV was 1978.. Argentina 78 Make I leave you with that!
Lolzzzz... I know those from the oldies... they dont carry messi for head like this my brother... na lie go kill you....

1 Like

Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by stayclearofme: 7:15pm On May 31, 2021
m140:

Lolzzzz... I know those from the oldies... they dont carry messi for head like this my brother... na lie go kill you....
LoL who be Messi for oldies? Dem don born Messi in 78? We dey talk of players like Berti Vogts, Daniel Pasarella, Mario Kempes etc
You don't know you are talking to your daddy. grin You dey make me laugh! You are on the internet you don't know who is who.
Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by blueAgent(m): 9:40pm On May 31, 2021
OJEEMAH:
Macherano played as a DM. Alonso was the holding midfielder. He dictates the play by controlling the tempo of the game. Kante can fit into Macherano's position but not that of Alonso. In Chelsea, Kovacic & Jorginho are the two holding midfielders. kante is a full time DM and does not possess enough creativity to play as a holding midfielder.

Abeg tell them.

Most Chelshit fans do not understand football tactics just, loud mouth, thats how they frustrated Sarri without knowing that the man was right but their small skull cannot comprehend what he was doing.

1 Like

Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by Renforce: 11:10pm On May 31, 2021
Amotolongbo:
Against tougher team, I will prefer Kante.

Against weaker team, I will prefer Messi.

Moreover, Kante doesn’t need Xavi and Iniesta to win the Champions league

He ficking did it himself
Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by m140(m): 4:17am On Jun 01, 2021
stayclearofme:

LoL who be Messi for oldies? Dem don born Messi in 78? We dey talk of players like Berti Vogts, Daniel Pasarella, Mario Kempes etc
You don't know you are talking to your daddy. grin You dey make me laugh! You are on the internet you don't know who is who.
People that has been watching the game for a very long time wont rate messi over Maradona... I be old school sir .... I will always pick a player doing well for both club and country anyday anytime... Maradona pele delima Muller platini zidane kampes cannigia eusebio over messi and any new generation players

1 Like

Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by KenModi(m): 5:46am On Jun 01, 2021
paulolee:
just imagine the insult....the first mistake is placing Kante in d same sentence with messi bcox of one good UCL season??
asking about an alien like messi with his level of consistency since 2008 and a kante dt was in Chelsea since 2016 n jus clicked form this season??
i think u should jus stop all dis kante joke bcoz you guys are now taking this kante hype to another level..
first it was VVD n next was fernandez n now its kante....seems this EPL hype men still dnt get d difference between form n class..
lets give ur kante more time before asking all this baseless questions or placing him in same sentence with an alien dt have been destroying records for decades
This op needs prayers..

You obviously never saw Kante player before he joined Chelsea.
Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by KenModi(m): 5:49am On Jun 01, 2021
paulolee:

what messi have done in football eh, no player In the whole of france can do it..
not surprised because all humans have short memories...I also know dt a day like this would come..
my happiness is dt no close friends n family member of kante can say such because they respect records, consistency n history more than some short termed shallow fans like us..
imagine the insult na....guy wetin u smoke self??

Yet he has no trophy or medal for his country at the senior level.

1 Like

Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by K4diamond: 6:45am On Jun 01, 2021
Kante is a great player no doubt, but comparing him with Messi is evil
Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by Great100000: 7:19am On Jun 01, 2021
OJEEMAH:

Where was Messi when Bayern Munich Dismantled them last season.

Where was Messi when Bayern Munich Destroyed them (7-0) few years ago.

Where was Messi when PSG Demolished them this Season.

Where was Messi when France (Kante) won the World Cup.

I am a Chelsea fan and I respect both Messi & C.Ronaldo a lot because both them are legends and to me G.O.A.T but read what ops said again, he is not comparing them but asking which one will you prefer to have in your team at the moment and I will say Kante because Messi of now is not Messi we know before because at this stage of many season baba (Messi) don score something like 50 somethings goals but baba is aging now and or do happen.

That's it Sir.

1 Like

Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by OJEEMAH(m): 9:11am On Jun 01, 2021
Great100000:
Where was Messi when Bayern Munich Dismantled them last season.

Where was Messi when Bayern Munich Destroyed them (7-0) few years ago.

Where was Messi when PSG Demolished them this Season.

Where was Messi when France (Kante) won the World Cup.

I am a Chelsea fan and I respect both Messi & C.Ronaldo a lot because both them are legends and to me G.O.A.T but read what ops said again, he is not comparing them but asking which one will you prefer to have in your team at the moment and I will say Kante because Messi of now is not Messi we know before because at this stage of many season baba (Messi) don score something like 50 somethings goals but baba is aging now and or do happen.

That's it Sir.
You missed the point here. That wasn't response to the op but to a Chelsea fan that said, Messi will struggle to score if Kante is fit and in the right position. He sounded as if Chelsea does not concede when Kante is in the field or Messi has never scored against a Kante team. The games I mentioned was just to remind him of games Kante played and Chelsea still conceded 3 goals and above.

If you read my comment very well, I never said Messi's team has never lost by wide margin but to let him know football matches cant be decided by a single player.

1 Like

Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by stayclearofme: 10:12am On Jun 01, 2021
m140:

People that has been watching the game for a very long time wont rate messi over Maradona... I be old school sir .... I will always pick a player doing well for both club and country anyday anytime... Maradona pele delima Muller platini zidane kampes cannigia eusebio over messi and any new generation players
You are just saying a different thing entirely... Who is rating Messi over Maradona did I? Bros you are have gone out of point.
Have a great day.
Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by m140(m): 10:55am On Jun 01, 2021
stayclearofme:

You are just saying a different thing entirely... Who is rating Messi over Maradona did I? Bros you are have gone out of point.
Have a great day.
Smiles
Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by Djangote: 12:06pm On Jun 01, 2021
Chelsea players dominate UEFA Champions League Team Of The Season
https://goaldball.com/2021/06/01/ucl-team-of-the-season-chelsea-dominates/
Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by frankmoney(m): 10:21pm On Jun 02, 2021
OJEEMAH:

I don't understand the recent hype on Kante , imagine people comparing him to Messi , I'm not even a Messi fan , but Kante can not achieve what Messi has in his entire career

2 Likes

Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by frankmoney(m): 10:23pm On Jun 02, 2021
diordaves:

All you Messi fans just calm down and read the poser again. It is not a comparism.

However, if you want to go down that route, Kante is the greater.

Kante has won:
Premier league
FA
Europa
WORLD CUP.
SUPER CUP loading......

Kante has won every MAJOR title football has to offer. EVERYTHING, he has won it all.

Messi should win the world cup and a league apart from Barcelona. Messi is a goal machine and a genius but only in his comfort zone, Barcelona.
I'm not a Messi fan , but all you have listed is a collective team effort . Now how many man of the match does Kante have compared to Messi ?

3 Likes

Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by OJEEMAH(m): 10:42pm On Jun 02, 2021
frankmoney:
I don't understand the recent hype on Kante , imagine people comparing him to Messi , I'm not even a Messi fan , but Kante can not achieve what Messi has in his entire career
Blowing his trumpet is not a bad idea but they went too far.
Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by Great100000: 5:39am On Jun 03, 2021
frankmoney:
And Messi cannot achieve what Kantr achieved in his entire career.
Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by frankmoney(m): 6:19am On Jun 03, 2021
Great100000:
And Messi cannot achieve what Kantr achieved in his entire career.
what has Kante achieved ? And pls don't mention team effort like world cup and euros , talk about personal achievement , how many man of the match has he won , how many season best player has he won , how many Europe best player has he won , Kante doesn't even have the most tackles and interception even as his role as a DM . Where was Kante when they were been flogged left and right ?

2 Likes

Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by Great100000: 11:02am On Jun 03, 2021
frankmoney:
what has Kante achieved ? And pls don't mention team effort like world cup and euros , talk about personal achievement , how many man of the match has he won , how many season best player has he won , how many Europe best player has he won , Kante doesn't even have the most tackles and interception even as his role as a DM . Where was Kante when they were been flogged left and right ?
My brother, am saying this again, even though am a Chelsea fan andi respect both Messi & C. Ronaldo a lot, but again Messi cannot achieve what Kante achieved in his entire career.
Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by frankmoney(m): 11:26am On Jun 03, 2021
Great100000:
My brother, am saying this again, even though am a Chelsea fan andi respect both Messi & C. Ronaldo a lot, but again Messi cannot achieve what Kante achieved in his entire career.
and I'm asking what has Kante achieved ? Don't mention world cup or euros , those are team efforts , what has Kante achieved as an individual player

1 Like

Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by OJEEMAH(m): 11:52am On Jun 03, 2021
Great100000:
The only thing Kante can brag with is the world cup but do not forget its not a personal achievement. He wasn't even the best player in the competition. Yes, messi was unlucky not to have won 2014 world cup but still left the competition with FIFA golden ball. Kante himself will find this comparison very ridiculous and weird cos Messi is considered as one of the greatest in the game while Kante is not even the best player to ever come out of France. How can you compare a player that has never appeared on FIFA Best 11 to one who has been there 14times? Except for this season, Kante is a name recognized by english fans and media cos he's never had any significant impact in Europe.

How many goals has he scored?

How many assist can he boast of?

What's his level of creativity?

How many award has he won outside England?

How many MOTM award does he have in his entire career?

This isn't to say he's not good but you guys went too far with the comparison?

Can he match Iniesta & Xavi in terms of achievements? They both conquered Europe and the world.

They are well respected but they have never been compared them to Messi despite their world cup triumph.

2 Likes

Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by Gamesmart: 7:12am On Jun 16, 2021
m140:

Same as mbappe with wc at this same age.... ballondior na vote cup no be vote

Foolish iddiot!

France won WC. grin
Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by Great100000: 8:23am On Jun 16, 2021
OJEEMAH:
The only thing Kante can brag with is the world cup but do not forget its not a personal achievement. He wasn't even the best player in the competition. Yes, messi was unlucky not to have won 2014 world cup but still left the competition with FIFA golden ball. Kante himself will find this comparison very ridiculous and weird cos Messi is considered as one of the greatest in the game while Kante is not even the best player to ever come out of France. How can you compare a player that has never appeared on FIFA Best 11 to one who has been there 14times? Except for this season, Kante is a name recognized by english fans and media cos he's never had any significant impact in Europe.

How many goals has he scored?

How many assist can he boast of?

What's his level of creativity?

How many award has he won outside England?

How many MOTM award does he have in his entire career?

This isn't to say he's not good but you guys went too far with the comparison?

Can he match Iniesta & Xavi in terms of achievements? They both conquered Europe and the world.

They are well respected but they have never been compared them to Messi despite their world cup triumph.

Yet, he won Europa League, UEFA Champion League & came second at 2016 Euro

He won many man of the match Sir.

Please tell me achievements both Xavi and Iniesta that Kante has not match?

The only Cup Kante never win is Euro

Iniest & Xavi: World Cup, Champions League, La Liga, Euro.

Kante: World Cup, Champions League, Europa League & Premiership.

The op is not even compared Messi and Kante, he said which one will you prefer to have in your team presently.
Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by OJEEMAH(m): 9:06am On Jun 16, 2021
Great100000:

Yet, he won Europa League, UEFA Champion League & came second at 2016 Euro

He won many man of the match Sir.

Please tell me achievements both Xavi and Iniesta that Kante has not match?

The only Cup Kante never win is Euro

Iniest & Xavi: World Cup, Champions League, La Liga, Euro.

Kante: World Cup, Champions League, Europa League & Premiership.

The op is not even compared Messi and Kante, he said which one will you prefer to have in your team presently.
Whatever Kante has won is not a reason to compare him to messi. At the end of their careers, they will not just be judged by the trophies they won but by their individual brilliance and achievements and it is clear Kante isnt on the same level with Messi. Thierry Henry achieved much more than Kante but he still cant be compared to Messi

You misses it....my post you quoted was not even a response to the op but to some other person trying to compare them.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Distraught Mexico Fan Destroys His Expensive TV After World Cup Heartbreak / Anthony Joshua And Tyson Fury Agree A Deal For Two Historic Fights / Pictures Of Your Favorite Football Team?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.