Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,728 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:11 PM

Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? (34055 Views)

Casemiro Vs Ngolo Kante: Who Is The Better Tackler? / Messi Vs Iceland: Caption These Photos Of Iceland Players Marking Messi / Comparing The Penalty Played By Messi Vs The One Ronaldo Played (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by Humanoid01(m): 4:39pm On May 30, 2021
OkpaNsukkaisBae:
You see why I wanted Manchester City to win...

Imagine comparing Kante with Messi??

Chelsea fans is a curse to football
Oga shut up and accept your pain in peace.
Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by Nobody: 4:39pm On May 30, 2021
ogbiwa:

This is not a comparison bro. These things are simple and some comments won't be necessary if we take time to think. You can't "compare" two things that are not like for like. Kante is a DM and Messi is a ST so their roles on a pitch are different therefore you can't substitute one's role for the other. Comparison will be if we're talking Messi/Ronaldo or Kante/Ndidi etc. So the poll was simply if you would rather have a team with a strong DM like Kante or a strong ST like Messi. You get it now?
noting more to say
Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by stayclearofme: 4:40pm On May 30, 2021
Amotolongbo:
Against tougher team, I will prefer Kante.

Against weaker team, I will prefer Messi.

Moreover, Kante doesn’t need Xavi and Iniesta to win the Champions league
Childish analysis
Meaning Messi plays better again weaker teams. How long have you being watching football?

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by whoawa(m): 4:40pm On May 30, 2021
ogbiwa:
Men and brethren, after watching the champions league final yesterday, I'm beginning to reassess what I initially knew to be true about football which is that good attackers win you games. I can 100% say that Kante was a MAJOR reason for Chelsea's victory. Yes Messi may assure you goals and creativity and terrorize defenders but boy what a player like Kante brings to any team is out of this world.

NB I'm not a Chelsea fan but Chelsea fans I think you guys are blessed to have one of the all time greatest all round midfielders in your team. Kai what a player

Probably this is your first time of watching champions league final, Even kante will slap you for comparing him with Messi.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by MrJames007: 4:41pm On May 30, 2021
Wrong comparison.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by Flows001(m): 4:41pm On May 30, 2021
Amotolongbo:
Mbappe ( Kante’s younger brother) has won World Cup, has Messi done that?
Can a single player win the World Cup? Even Dembele that didn't play much matches in the World Cup has same boasting right with Mbape that was crucial.
The guy you quoted said "No single player in France" and what that means is that individually; no current player in the whole of France can have Messi's record.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by TomJosh: 4:42pm On May 30, 2021
Like for Messi share for Kante

9 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by Judolisco(m): 4:42pm On May 30, 2021
I'll jst take both... Both playing for d same team will be criminal
Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by Humanoid01(m): 4:43pm On May 30, 2021
Flows001:
Abeg loud this!! Kante is good no doubt, but the hype is becoming too much really. Make all these EPL fanboys calm down, a legend is a legend, stop comparing form with proven class. Na Pep I blame for all these, nobody mentioned or hyped Kante after FA cup defeat to Leicester. Same would have happened yesterday had it been City were useful....OP no ever ask this useless question again.
If you say Kante is just on form, and not a player with a “proven class” , then I have to wonder how you think when you watch football, or you're just a sentimental Chelsea hater.

3 Likes

Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by tellwisdom: 4:43pm On May 30, 2021
Masterito:
Obviously the hate in your blood didn't allow you to understand the question. The question was who would you want in your team not who is better. Note: Messi is yet to win the world cup.

I don’t have to understand whatever they wrote up there. No name or anybody should be put beside the name Messi.

Whether, who is taller or who is finer or Who dance pass or who get muscle. He stands alone

What Messi does on the field of play, it will only take a a supernatural being to do it.

Leave Messi out of all that comparison. Even Maradona and pele who have access to him no fit disrespect am the way kids like una de do. Abeg I no wan vex angry

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by maxwell530(m): 4:43pm On May 30, 2021
paulolee:

its not about the position or the comparison, its all about the disrespect in placing both in same sentence...
for example u cant ask us to choose between a mbappe and a cr7 in team, because it's breeds disrespect...
cr7 av paid his dues n mbappe is jus starting...d problem was placing a player dts on form n other dt have done tinz for years n dropped form n dts not normal n lack respect....u dig??
you are not making any sense... I'm also a Messi and Barcelona fan but your obsession with Messi is making you go out of hand.... The question you see as comparison is not actually comparison.
A team like Barcelona that already have Messi will need Kante while a team like Chelsea will need a Messi to put end to all those rubbish Timo Werner is doing upfront. You think the Sergio Busquet and Co is offering Barca anything?

2 Likes

Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by LordGuru1: 4:44pm On May 30, 2021
The image below is so True because Adam and Eve were originally Black Africans. Free yourself from mental Slavery if you are still not woke to this Historical Truth. Archeological, Scientific and Spirritual evidences all agree on the fact that Africans are the Fathers and Mothers of all other Races in the World, "Respect your Father and Mother" of the CREATOR that they refused to obey is why the World has known no Peace till date.

2 Likes

Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by lordsharks(m): 4:45pm On May 30, 2021
ogbiwa:

This is not a comparison bro. These things are simple and some comments won't be necessary if we take time to think. You can't "compare" two things that are not like for like. Kante is a DM and Messi is a ST so their roles on a pitch are different therefore you can't substitute one's role for the other. Comparison will be if we're talking Messi/Ronaldo or Kante/Ndidi etc. So the poll was simply if you would rather have a team with a strong DM like Kante or a strong ST like Messi. You get it now?

Nice one, really explained it out for him
Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by hotwax: 4:45pm On May 30, 2021
paulolee:

my guy, ur talk is baseless n it shows lack of respect to the GOAT tag..
how can u place a d.m and a sT for selection n u forgot dt d decison would be influenced by what each team already av..
secondly d likes of mascherano, veron, viera, essein, yaya toure n even busquets etc on their prime even did better n won trophies than kante dt jus mark n cnt score goals, very poor in attack n not good in aerial balls n u are making it sound asif he do score 100+ goals a season..
jus imagine d funny question becoz of one good season, u ar placing him with a legend dt av been doing records n winning trophies for decades.
its breeds disrespect and kante haven't reach dt level yet..

kante is better than ur stupid cat.
Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by walyx(m): 4:46pm On May 30, 2021
Bomboiy:
Lol Messi is actually the S.I unit of football,anyone and everyone gets compared to him.

Kante had a great UCL run and he's being compared to Messi, unbelievable.

no mind ppl jare.. kante is awesome but y compare with Messi. i no b barca fan o but respect to Cr7 and Messi

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by kingmsookwagh(m): 4:46pm On May 30, 2021
Who Even made this caption?

Messi even at age 40...
Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by Rexnegro(m): 4:46pm On May 30, 2021
Hahahhahahha
paulolee:

what messi have done in football eh, no player In the whole of france can do it..
not surprised because all humans have short memories...I also know dt a day like this would come..
my happiness is dt no close friends n family member of kante can say such because they respect records, consistency n history more than some short termed shallow fans like us..
imagine the insult na....guy wetin u smoke self??
Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by ReeLoaDead(m): 4:47pm On May 30, 2021
Kante is a true Chelsea legend and legitimate football great in the making but let’s not get carried away, señor Messi is the GOAT.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by Nobody: 4:47pm On May 30, 2021
I would rather have Manchester City answer this question themselves.

Apparently even they knew that Kante was a demon on the pitch last night

Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by bolabadmus38: 4:48pm On May 30, 2021
Well,I will prefer Ngolo konte because he is a play maker. He feeds the strikers. If Merci doesn't get ball from the midfielders he cant do anything. But Merci can pull crowd Sha.
Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by stayclearofme: 4:48pm On May 30, 2021
Yeye analysis Chelsea won congrats to them. Is that the reason for this baseless analysis. OP you are probably high tramadol.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by bluebay(m): 4:49pm On May 30, 2021
Una don start o… Mumu comparison. Kanye on his own nor to reason near such comparison.
Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by Flows001(m): 4:49pm On May 30, 2021
Dalil8:
Kante 100%

Lord Eibarman is a serial bottler
Oh, so who won the FA cup final? Oh... I forgot that Kante was on vacation that day and couldn't play the match, no wonder Chelsea lost.
Nonsense and Ingredients!!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by stayclearofme: 4:49pm On May 30, 2021
bolabadmus38:
Well,I will prefer Ngolo konte because he is a play maker. He feeds the strikers. If Merci doesn't get ball from the midfielders he cant do anything. But Merci can pull crowd Sha.
Work is the work of midfielders?
Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by MrGerald(m): 4:49pm On May 30, 2021
Amotolongbo:
Has Messi ever scored in a World Cup final like Mbappe?

This cruise is sweetening my belly grin
You need to check yourself

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by hamxee33(m): 4:50pm On May 30, 2021
He has won premier league as well in leister
sholatech:
He's won Champions League.
He's won World Cup.
He is one of the greatest!!
Many of us Non Chelsea fans love him absolutely
Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by bezimo(m): 4:50pm On May 30, 2021
Even as a Chelsea fan I would say Messi.
Kante is a defensive midfielder..Messi is not..comparing the 2 of them is an error.
Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by addexx: 4:51pm On May 30, 2021
angry Op. The comparison in your post disrespectful to Messi. Even Kante would agree. But in response to the topic, I would prefer Kante because of the kinda powerhouse he is.
Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by stayclearofme: 4:51pm On May 30, 2021
paulolee:

what messi have done in football eh, no player In the whole of france can do it..
not surprised because all humans have short memories...I also know dt a day like this would come..
my happiness is dt no close friends n family member of kante can say such because they respect records, consistency n history more than some short termed shallow fans like us..
imagine the insult na....guy wetin u smoke self??
Don't mind them with their yeye analysis.
Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 4:52pm On May 30, 2021
Masterito:
Chelsea hater spotted. Why can't you just congratulate Chelsea and move on. Chelsea fans live thier club and hate. You are gradually becoming evil.

Why should I hate Chelsea?

Wetin be dia history abeg?

I praised Chelsea last night... I'm not a Chelsea hater. I never hate Real Madrid finish e come be Chelsea FC with 5 premier League title.

Compare Kante with his peers like...

Bastian Schweinsteiger
Javier Masherano
Xabi Alonso
Sergio Busquest
Arturo Vidal

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by gurunlocker: 4:52pm On May 30, 2021
Obviously and insult to Messi.... We are talking about Messi here man, because of 1 UCL?

You don't compare Messi with any player. Messi alone compete with Midfielders and strikers, so WTF is this thread?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? by arukwe123(m): 4:53pm On May 30, 2021
bolabadmus38:
see this one. What are you saying? Messi a playmaker. Abeg go sleep, you sound drunk cheesy grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Tottenham Out Of Europa After UEFA Award Rennes Victory / Ronaldo Covers Ballon D'or Magazine, Reveals Retirement Plans / Photo Of Mikel Obi's Twin Girls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.