Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,717 members, 7,816,951 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:01 PM

What Did I Just Read About Ipob Military Strength!!! - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Did I Just Read About Ipob Military Strength!!! (8887 Views)

Intercepted Video Of ESN, Ipob's Military Wing Undergoing Military Drill / IPOB Asylum: What UK Said About IPOB, MASSOB, ESN, Oyigbo, Nnamdi Kanu / Nnamdi Kanu: Adeyanju Deji Regrets All He Said About IPOB Leader - FFK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Did I Just Read About Ipob Military Strength!!! by Alusiizizi(m): 6:50pm On Jun 02, 2021
Unik3030:
it's obvious u don't know war tactics,they would have distabilised u from the sky b4 landing

Imagine they target a particular spot with over 200 Biafra soldiers n their airstrikes have already killed 50,like 40 injured.

At that point, everyone will b confused especially if the leader got killed in the airstrikes,just imagine how they would have demoralised your soldiers enough b4 landing.

Guy it's far from what u are thinking.besides the ones on land will work with the airstrikes so it's gonna b hard,I am really enjoying the analysis of that igboid guy.....he Sabi well,wars aren't won with emotions or religion allegiance but strategy

Destabilized? How does one destabilize what cannot be seen? You give the Nigerian army far more credit than they deserve.

1 Like

Re: What Did I Just Read About Ipob Military Strength!!! by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jun 02, 2021
richmond500:
No single country in Africa can win against Nigeria in a war, maybe Egypt, Morroco and South Africa will come close.

Ipob with less than 2,000 armed people can only dream
80% of northern african nations and even Ethiopia ,south africa will decimate Nigeria in open warfare.
Countries armed with apache attack helicopters, submarines , Ballistic missiles,latest isreali artellary systems,anti- tanks missiles etc, won't beat Nigeria?
A private South african Army is providing security in mozambique with there own small helicopter force.
Haba Nigerians no the reason well oh.
Our tank inventory is outdated, we have no submarine, no ballistic missiles or even the best Apc's , we still use Ak-47 that is outranged by many other riffles today ,how do we even hope to win battles?
The most innovative idea the military has had in 50 years is the purchase of the super tuscano- and that is the only ace Nigeria has in case of another civil war

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Did I Just Read About Ipob Military Strength!!! by thelegend1(m): 7:18pm On Jun 02, 2021
Igboid:
Does IPOB have war planes?

If No! Then do they atleast have air defense systems to bring down NIGERIAN war planes and missles in Mass and successfully?

If the answer is still No!

Then even 50million rag tag soldiers cannot help IPOB.

No be by making empty noise in social media, when trouble starts now, we find out that MNk and IPOB have no plans other than to start tagging UN, EU, AU,ECOWAS, USA, ISRAEL , etc on social media while crying like babies.

The world is too busy if you can't help yourself.
Syria , Palestine, Myanmar Muslims,Tibet, Kurdistan, Chechyna, etc.
The world watched it all happen and nothing was done.
Take what happened in Obiigbo as a dress rehearsal. Nothing has happened so far, no culprits brought to Justice, people are missing their loved ones in Obiigbo till today.

MNK and IPOB better be serious and don't waste anyone's time if they don't have resources for this. There are so much at stake here for them to have no plans but social media rantings and wailing on Twitter when bodies of Igbos starts pilling up.

Have you heard of guerrilla warfare? Google it, it will help your reasoning.
Re: What Did I Just Read About Ipob Military Strength!!! by ScamHunter: 7:20pm On Jun 02, 2021
Igboid:

I see.
My concern is that in whatever they are doing, under no circumstances should anyone living outside Biafra be partying while cheering on their murderous troops.

As we bury our Dead, they should be burying theirs too.
As we live under fear of airstrikes, they should be living under same fears.
They should not be living in peace back home while they bring war to us in our homeland.

Mbanu!
Man, I followed your trend of thought and they're just on point. Weeks ago, I researched to know what IPOB capabilities could be in terms of contention and retributive actions, knowing that war planes are out of the equation. Also, a comprehensive air defense system may also not be tenable. I think the only real option available to them are surface-surface missiles. These this can be acquired via the weapons black market but I really wonder if they're thinking along that line considering that they seem fixated on publicity.

If I were Kanu, even that ESN launch should not have been made public. The guy comes off as a showman type. There are lots of preparations that should have been made underground and take the enemy by surprise. As you rightly said, this may not be the right time for the war with Nigeria, considering the preparation level. As for the war, we knew it's a matter of time. Our fathers witnessed an impromptu war, we should not fight another one unprepared.

Talking about weapons, I hope those in IPOB are aware that assault rifles, machine guns and small bombs cannot stop the Nigerian military. The odds against Igbo in the first war was 4-1. We should at least reduce it to 3-1 or even 3-2 before attempting another face off. Surface to Surface and SAMs are absolutely essential if this confrontation won't be another massacre. No planes should have the effrontery to bomb Igbo cities. Kanu better know what he's doing.

As students, we even built low payload missiles as final year projects. These could be expanded through better fuel delivery systems to increase their ranges. But this is possible through a coordinated metallurgical facility. And should be supplementary to what they can acquire already made abroad. In wars, preparation is key. The need to protect your populace essential. I'm not really comfortable that Kanu seems to be running a one-man show and there is no evidence that these needed appurtenances are on ground. Our people should not, must not be exposed to unnecessary danger. ESN should better remain in the forest if IPOB has no response to air assaults and bombing raids.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Did I Just Read About Ipob Military Strength!!! by OfoIgbo: 7:23pm On Jun 02, 2021
Igboid:

And this is where the problem lies.

If you strike a crude oil flow station in Minority areas of the South, they would not accept it. They would claim they were neutral and you brought your war to them, Never mind that they would allow FG to continue harnessing the oil in those flow stations to generate funds to commit war crimes in Igboland.

The Yorubas would look the other way, while the FG uses Lagos port to import weapons and military gears to use against Biafra. They would claim they are neutral while allowing FG use those ports, but immediately you bomb those ports to stall the FG, Yorubas would claim you attacked Yorubaland.

So you see. This is not as easy as you think.
We need a real plan long term one, because this is a war we cannot afford to lose again,not atleast lose without our enemies suffering severe casualties in their homelands as much as we suffered.

You have very valid concerns.

You know war is not a clean business.
Anyway any national establishment that directly or indirectly aids in the killing of easterners is automatically a legitimate target. Human lives are more important than flow-stations so the inferior must be considered for elimination ahead of a more precious human life.
It will just have to be explained to all and sundry that this battle, though in Igboland, is meant to liberate every southerner. If the destruction of oil facilities will be the contribution of SSners in this liberation struggle, then so be it, otherwise south easterners will be within their rights to destroy facilities that are indirectly being used to kill them. No one will argue with you, when the point is laid out this way.
In fact, by the time ESN attacks all the oil and gas facilities in Igbo-speaking areas, it will already create enough shock in the system, and drastically reduce flow of oil and gas.

IPOB's partnership with Igboho's group ought to be robust enough to handle the arms importation from Lagos. ESN can provide Igboho's people with needed logistics and personnel to distabilize the importation of arms from Lagos. These are loose ends IPOB needs to tie up, before committing to any military resistance. These are some of the reasons for which I wrote sometime ago that a more competent person is needed to lead any armed struggle than a greenhorn like Kanu that has zero military training in command and strategy.

4 Likes

Re: What Did I Just Read About Ipob Military Strength!!! by ScamHunter: 7:28pm On Jun 02, 2021
FarahAideed:

They don't ...they have 5;alpha jets that are dead ..the only new planes that are worthy are the 3 j17s that came and no single pilot or ordnance for them yet

Even a Zeppellin (WW1) aircraft is better than nothing. An enemy can drop bombs on people from it. An air defense system is an absolute necessity in protecting the people and ensuring that troops do not get comfortable in their occupation. Also, getting pilots is easy if you have your money and Nigeria sure has the money.

1 Like

Re: What Did I Just Read About Ipob Military Strength!!! by ScamHunter: 7:30pm On Jun 02, 2021
Waterysperm:
I have read all your comments here. Did Ipob said that they are engaging in a Conventional war with Nigerian Army. They are not that stupid to start such now and they know it. That is why they are adopting the Guerilla warfare. And will still use this Guerilla till we achieve our aim. So many Igbos will die especially the Innocent ones that will be extra-judicially murdered. Even the Soldiers will deny committing such attrocities because they know that we are not fighting a civil war but rather a rag tag group just as they are fighting Biko haram. Know this, Nigeria can never win in this Guerilla warfare adopted by Ipob. Know this and know peace.

Letting them murder any Igbo is a bad strategy.

1 Like

Re: What Did I Just Read About Ipob Military Strength!!! by Nobody: 7:38pm On Jun 02, 2021
Igboid:

It has been repeated many times.

How can you claim to want a new country when you can not democratically depose the political elites in your area of control who are diametrically opposed to Biafra independence?

IPOB can command a sit at home in SE and all man obeys, what stops IPOB from hijacking any of Nigerian registered party, turn it into it's regional hub, elect candidates for gubernatorial elections all over SE, make sure to pick sellable young and high flyers in each state. Obey the zoning Formular of each state in chosing them, then use your radio Biafra to market them well.
Get all Igbos queuing behind those candidates.
Use your grassroot presence and your youths to monitor all polling units and prevent all rigging machinery from PDP or APC.

Out of the 5, you can atleast win 1 at first outing, and expand from there.

Imagine how easy all things would be if all political representatives from councillors to Governors in Igboland are IPOB sympathetic individuals.

Just imagine the possibilities and how far it can take this agitation.

BIAFRA is a political problem, and you can't tell me it doesn't have political solutions. Strong entities are usually destroyed from within.

I understand you don't want to be involved in Nigeria politics, but what if you can have your assets highly planted into Nigerian political system while at same time not being part of the system yourself.

I mean, you get to manipulate the whole narratives yourself in your region.

I don't know if I'm making sense! grin

Ipob going into Nigerian politics will destroy it's credibility and struggle.The set-up of Nigeria doesn't allow for honesty in politics. Hope uzodinma and T.A orji became governor's through federal might only. See what happened in kano last election,and what almost happened in Rivers State.

We need to have a grasp of what is happening and why .

1) Why the unhidden support of Fulani herdsmen and their ethnic cleansing ?

2) why the AKK project and the 3 mega gas plants in the North ?

3) Why was the kaduna refinery built in the North?

4) why was the administrative capital moved from Lagos to the North ?

5) who are this bandits and why ?

6) why the mad dash for crude exploration in the North during Buharis first tenure?

7) why let zamfara control it's gold deposits and lastly , why the Railway from Lagos ports to the islamic republic of Niger ?
There are more, but let me stop here.

Goodluck didn't lose 2015 because of insecurity, but rather because he tried derailing the Northern plan.

1) he tried educating/liberating the Northern masses

2) He opened up the National petroleum reserve at kaduna refinery (estimated to last for close to 20 years) while rehabilitating the depots at Aba and Enugu (interestingly, even though he completed the servicing of the aba-enugu pipeline, NNPC has refused to pump or store at the Enugu depot.

3) He even went as far as moving military mechinery from the North to the East during his tenure.

4) Does the dangote petrochemical and allied industrial park not remind you of a project that was to be sited in Delta state- before the ijaws and itsekiris mouthballed it over fight for land ?

Do you know that,there isn't any Military airstrips in the SE
capable of housing warplanes ? But the SE is surrounded by Air force stripes and support military infrastructure . Because the North learned from 1966 that any military infrastructure in the East will likely fall into the hands of the East.

You see the Northern cabal have steadily been preparing and working towards an agenda for Nigeria ,be it in case of another civil war or dominating the middle belt through underdevelopment and terror, to changing the indeginious ethnic composition of states (eg jos,kaduna, benue)and always ensuring a SE-SW split to ensure they remain unchallenged . And that is why Nnamdi kanu is dangerous to there dreams.He forces them to address what the don't want to.

Note during the Nnamdi kanu led Ipob rallies, talks for restructuring rent the air and was seemingly happening, untill the Army began operation python dance and murdered numerous ipobians- and that call died down to nothing.

During the end Sars protest, calls for restructuring began again ,only for the Army to come down hard on them and the lekki slaughter occured. Then the laid the claim that the igbo's wanted to destroy Lagos using the MY demonstrations and again the clamour died down.

Now that the recent unrest in the East have led to more focus on restructuring or amending the 1999 constitution (by a Northern military ruler) expect the North to respond

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Did I Just Read About Ipob Military Strength!!! by ScamHunter: 7:44pm On Jun 02, 2021
GTkester:

Good! But I've listened to MNK a few times, beleive me, he doesn't come across as someone with the emotional intelligence to effect any real change. Propaganda is not real change. MNK seems not to understand the weight of what he's asking for. He seems to think that this endeavor is child's play. For comparison, try and listen to Dr Ayaba Cho the Ambazonia grand commander and you'd realize that MNK not only pales in comparison, but does not have any transformational leadership qualities.

I agree with you 100%. That Ambazonian commander is astute and you can't doubt his acuity. Perhaps, the collaboration between he and Kanu might give direction to the latter who seems frenetic at times. You can sense his uncertainties. You do not sacrifice people when you can strategize and save lives. I suggest that they de-escalate and rather strategize than allowing innocent Igbo to be killed. We all know that Igbo is the last barrier to Fulani domination of Nigeria since no other ethnic group has the guts to withstand Nigeria, but this must be planned in a way that ensures that our people do not die enmass.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Did I Just Read About Ipob Military Strength!!! by MOTOPARK: 7:55pm On Jun 02, 2021
Igboid:

Sounds good.
If only we have a real Igbo think tank that IPOB has to be accountable to.
This think tank would have IPOB prove to them that they have capabilities for long range missles strikes on our enemies cities, such that for one bomb they throw on Enugu, we rain 20 on theirs. While our people bleed and cry, theirs will wail and roll on the floor in pool of blood.

It's only under the above conditions should we be engaging Nigerians again in war.

Because whenever I watch what we went through in Biafra in 1967-70, while Gowon was busy dancing awantilo and partying in Lagos and Kaduna, so much that he had time to get wedded in the same period and threw a big Party that the whole NIGERIA enjoyed while my mother was in a forest in Ojoto running away from Gowon sanctioned airstrikes on Biafran markets. I get angry at Ojukwu failures.

Such a thing should never happen again.
Our enemies should be able to be made to feel our pain too. cry
If IPOB and MNK can't guarantee that, then they are not the ones to win us this fight.
We might have to wait a bit more longer.
You made a strong and valid point.

2 Likes

Re: What Did I Just Read About Ipob Military Strength!!! by ScamHunter: 7:59pm On Jun 02, 2021
SenatePresdo:

MNK is not a Military personnel, neither is he a politician, I understand his limits.

It depends on what you refer to as real change. Only a few would face what MNK is facing and wouldn't give up.
You can take Uwazuruike as an example.

If you actually listen to MNK to understand him, you would realize that he's not calling for War.
He's only emphasizing on we defending ourselves against the Nigerian aggressors.

You can see what Herdsmen are doing in Ebonyi, are we going to wait until we can be able to produce Nuclear warheads before we defend ourselves?
One thing with Igbos is that we don't even know our limit. If we keep waiting until we get jet fighters and armoured tank, I can assure you that the killings would eventually reach out major cities (that's if it has not even started).

Do we even have option than to defend ourseleve?
When it started in Benue people were handling it with kids glove, even their Governors.
But now it has reached to the stage where
Gov. ortom is even telling Benue people to defend their selves, something they should have started long ago. Why don't he wait until Benue people can be able to produce their own gun before asking them to defend themselves?

That's exactly what MNK is saying, and people will be misquoting him for calling for War.

Out governors are not proactive, when water pass garri, they would start talking the way ortom is talking now.

Must we wait for soap to enter our eyes before we rinse our face?

And again, you can't compare him to the Ambazonian leadership because Ambazonian political class are for the Ambazonians, can the same be said of Biafra.

MNK is trying. But he's not a superhero.

You also made lots of sense. But let us understand the scenario. The Fulani government is actually looking for this opportunity to deploy their troops and kill Igbos. The essence is to use fear as a weapon so that their foot soldiers, the herdsmen can make inroad. What we are saying is that IPOB doesn't have capacity for defense against a conventional army. So there is need for a change of strategy. De-escalate confrontation with the security agencies, withdraw and defend Igbo against herdsmen. At most, let them bring the combats to the forests where people won't be caught in cross-fire if the army are bent on war. Then, there is the need to use the interregnum to make sure that there's an air defense system to stop the NAF from running amok in Igbo land. Also, there's a need to see that we have capacity to strike back. For now, the odds are against the IPOB since this would be happening in Igbo homeland. ESN cannot be everywhere to prevent extrajudicial killings against the Igbo.

2 Likes

Re: What Did I Just Read About Ipob Military Strength!!! by ComrdDRS1: 8:04pm On Jun 02, 2021
No sacrifice before o, if you are not well prepared... abeg
Re: What Did I Just Read About Ipob Military Strength!!! by ScamHunter: 8:04pm On Jun 02, 2021
RoyalBoutique:

They no know yet.

They know of only 50,000 people we trained.

They don't know of the rest of the things we have up our sleeves.

By the time e go set, e go clear for their eyes.

My brother, anything you guys have eh, if air defense system and proper missiles no dey, forget it.

6 Likes

Re: What Did I Just Read About Ipob Military Strength!!! by ScamHunter: 8:11pm On Jun 02, 2021
Igboid:

It has been repeated many times.

How can you claim to want a new country when you can not democratically depose the political elites in your area of control who are diametrically opposed to Biafra independence?

IPOB can command a sit at home in SE and all man obeys, what stops IPOB from hijacking any of Nigerian registered party, turn it into it's regional hub, elect candidates for gubernatorial elections all over SE, make sure to pick sellable young and high flyers in each state. Obey the zoning Formular of each state in chosing them, then use your radio Biafra to market them well.
Get all Igbos queuing behind those candidates.
Use your grassroot presence and your youths to monitor all polling units and prevent all rigging machinery from PDP or APC.

Out of the 5, you can atleast win 1 at first outing, and expand from there.

Imagine how easy all things would be if all political representatives from councillors to Governors in Igboland are IPOB sympathetic individuals.

Just imagine the possibilities and how far it can take this agitation.

BIAFRA is a political problem, and you can't tell me it doesn't have political solutions. Strong entities are usually destroyed from within.

I understand you don't want to be involved in Nigeria politics, but what if you can have your assets highly planted into Nigerian political system while at same time not being part of the system yourself.

I mean, you get to manipulate the whole narratives yourself in your region.

I don't know if I'm making sense! grin

Absolutely, especially considering that this IPOB boasts a top-notch intelligence network. You just need to listen to kanu's intel and compare with Nigeria's moribund intel to know that what's lacking is proper political utilization. Lenin and even Hitler understood the political dimension to actualization of a vision, but Kanu do not seem to know that yet. Even the funding they need could be easier through the decayed Nigerian political sphere. Projecting IPOB insiders to political offices is no-brainer. Then, they can focus on agitating instead of being at loggerheads with the Fulani-anointed governors in the East.

7 Likes

Re: What Did I Just Read About Ipob Military Strength!!! by weslay: 8:47pm On Jun 02, 2021
FreeIgbos:

God bless you, this has always been my sentiments exactly!

You can't be war mongering when you obviously don't have the capacity to mount a serious challenge. There should be a limit to propaganda especially when millions of lives are at stake.

IPOB or any other secessionist group must never advocate for an all out war with the government. In fact, there is urgent need to deescalate tensions and for them to return to the bush where they were doing a great job. The government is obviously trying to create an atmosphere of chaos so they hide behind it to cause serious damage, we shouldn't allow that.

The fulanis have realized that the only way they can truly and finally conquer the entire South and middle belt is by war and they are obviously using the central government to prepare for it. The only way we can stand a good chance is if the entire South goes into that war against them. The fulanis know this and that's why they are trying to isolate Igbos and make it a war between Igbos and the rest of Nigeria. WE MUST AVOID THIS! IT IS EITHER THE ENTIRE SOUTH AND PARTS OF MIDDLE BELT JOINS AS ONE TO FIGHT THEM OR ESN RETURNS TO THE BUSH AND PROTECT OUR LANDS IN A GUERILLA WAY.

Very apt submission, sadly a lot of igbos will not agree due to sentiments. Nnamdi Kalu's ego will cause carnage in the south east.

2 Likes

Re: What Did I Just Read About Ipob Military Strength!!! by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jun 02, 2021
What needs to happen to IPOB is for Nnamdi Kanu to be captured and martyred - martyrdom sparks that fire that catalyzes the oppressed into a death-dealing force that expands as each voice of dissent and grief is heard by the next person. It will connect many people on a very deep level exactly the way BOKO-HARAM and Niger-Delta Militants started - cannot wait for IPOB to fully join the ranks of terrorists and malfeasance troubling this country and killing both poor and rich, Christian, ifa and Muslims alike. wink

Perhaps when the elites see that their own interests is at stake, only then will they mount a union to fund a coup that will capture, remove and kill all those in this present APC government and reboot the country.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What Did I Just Read About Ipob Military Strength!!! by Ddokie: 9:00pm On Jun 02, 2021
Igboid:

If No! Then do they atleast have air defense systems to bring down NIGERIAN war planes and missles in Mass and successfully?

Then even 50million rag tag soldiers cannot help IPOB.

No be by making empty noise in social media, when trouble starts now, we find out that MNk and IPOB have no plans other than to start tagging UN, EU, AU,ECOWAS, USA, ISRAEL , etc on social media while crying like babies.

Take what happened in Obiigbo as a dress rehearsal. Nothing has happened so far, no culprits brought to Justice, people are missing their loved ones in Obiigbo till today.

MNK and IPOB better be serious and don't waste anyone's time if they don't have resources for this. There are so much at stake here for them to have no plans but social media rantings and wailing on Twitter when bodies of Igbos starts pilling up.

I have to agree with you

2 Likes

Re: What Did I Just Read About Ipob Military Strength!!! by CovenHighPriest: 9:03pm On Jun 02, 2021
Igboid:

Nwanne, I don't want to hear that Owerri, Enugu, Aba,Onitsha, Awka, Abakaliki are burning while people are living good life in Kano, Kaduna, etc.

We should be able to inflict maximum pain on them over there too. If they insist on bringing death to our cities again.
People should not be able to rain bombs on our heads without having to worry about bombs from us raining down on their wives and children back home. This should be basic law of group survival.

It is my belief that until we have acquired the ability to do the above, we should deescalate hostilities with Nigerian Military and quietly go on the drawing board.
We and Nigerians always knew since 1970 that a second Biafran war is a matter of when and not IF.
We have like forever to prepare for this. And it's not written anywhere that this our generation must win this war. We can lay down the solid foundation that would put the next generation in a very strong position of winning this coming war.

I don't favour or like our current odds against these people. We are by no means in a good position to sustain this for now.

We wanted to prove a point, and we have done that already, we should deescalate issues and IPOB and all concerned should go underground and provide answers to those questions I posed so that the coming generation will not have to deal with those same questions.

Because those were questions our parents had no answers for in 1967-70 and it's painful to note that we still don't have answers for them today.

And who will lead us on this new venture
Re: What Did I Just Read About Ipob Military Strength!!! by adadike(f): 9:10pm On Jun 02, 2021
Igboid:

Then even 50million rag tag soldiers cannot help That tttttttt

ubulu gi di ezigbo correct

1 Like

Re: What Did I Just Read About Ipob Military Strength!!! by funkekemi(f): 9:18pm On Jun 02, 2021
blues234:

I don't owe you any explanation. I'm currently in Abakelike, so does it affects your reason?
na so correct Igbo man

1 Like

Re: What Did I Just Read About Ipob Military Strength!!! by Igboid: 9:22pm On Jun 02, 2021
After years of permitting reviews and delays, the backers of Lagos' future Lekki Deep Sea Port project have signed a $630 million financing agreement with state-owned China Development Bank. The loan will provide Singapore-based developer Tolaram Group and state-owned construction firm China Harbour Engineering Company (CHEC) with the funds needed to build the facility. Terms were not disclosed.

The future Lekki Port will have a water depth of 16.5 meters and two berths of 680 meters in length each. It will have enough room to accommodate container ships of up to 18,000 TEU. Phase 1 capacity will be about 1.2 million TEU per year, rising to 2.5 million TEU in Phase 2. The extra space is expected to take pressure off of Lagos' beleaguered Tin Can Island and Apapa Ports, which are chronically challenged by congestion and access road traffic.

Lekki Port board chairman Biodun Dabiri said that the new port facility and the adjacent Lekki Free Trade Zone would have a major impact on the Nigerian economy, creating (directly or indirectly) over 200,000 jobs and generating billions in revenue for Lagos State.

In addition to the funding from China Development Bank, CHEC has committed to an equity investment of $470 million. After the port's completion, CHEC will operate the facility under a 45-year concession agreement. Singaporean processed food company Tolaram Group assembled the funding and concession package, its first foray into the world of infrastructure development, and it will retain a 22.5 percent ownership share.

https://www.maritime-executive.com/article/china-finances-new-chinese-built-port-in-lagos-nigeria
Re: What Did I Just Read About Ipob Military Strength!!! by Walkee: 9:33pm On Jun 02, 2021
Igboid:

Vietnam had China and Russia as allies.

Those are two world powers.

We don't even have minorities as allies, let's not talk about world powers. Those lots(minorities) are still Igbophobic and licking their lips patiently for another opportunity for abandoned property part 2.

If the significance of what happened in May 31st sit at home order where only Asaba and Obiigbo complied while the rest of SS went about their daily business haven't brought you lots to reality, then I'm sure some of you are hell bent on destroying Igbo land.
why exactly would SS give a fucck about Biafran soldiers?
Re: What Did I Just Read About Ipob Military Strength!!! by Igboid: 9:37pm On Jun 02, 2021
Igboid:
After years of permitting reviews and delays, the backers of Lagos' future Lekki Deep Sea Port project have signed a $630 million financing agreement with state-owned China Development Bank. The loan will provide Singapore-based developer Tolaram Group and state-owned construction firm China Harbour Engineering Company (CHEC) with the funds needed to build the facility. Terms were not disclosed.

The future Lekki Port will have a water depth of 16.5 meters and two berths of 680 meters in length each. It will have enough room to accommodate container ships of up to 18,000 TEU. Phase 1 capacity will be about 1.2 million TEU per year, rising to 2.5 million TEU in Phase 2. The extra space is expected to take pressure off of Lagos' beleaguered Tin Can Island and Apapa Ports, which are chronically challenged by congestion and access road traffic.

Lekki Port board chairman Biodun Dabiri said that the new port facility and the adjacent Lekki Free Trade Zone would have a major impact on the Nigerian economy, creating (directly or indirectly) over 200,000 jobs and generating billions in revenue for Lagos State.

In addition to the funding from China Development Bank, CHEC has committed to an equity investment of $470 million. After the port's completion, CHEC will operate the facility under a 45-year concession agreement. Singaporean processed food company Tolaram Group assembled the funding and concession package, its first foray into the world of infrastructure development, and it will retain a 22.5 percent ownership share.

https://www.maritime-executive.com/article/china-finances-new-chinese-built-port-in-lagos-nigeria

To understand how the international politics and alliances would play out.
The Chinese have committed over 1billion US dollars on Lekki deep port with 45years concession agreement with NIGERIA to China to operate the port.

The Chinese would know to recoup their funds, Nigeria MUST remain one and Lagos must remain the main sea port to Nigeria, because a divided NIGERIA would see ports/River ports opening up in SS and SE(Obuaku River port), which would render Lagos port significantly less lucrative.

So already you should know that keeping NIGERIA United for next 45years Must be part of Chinese Government foreign policy.
If today there is a break of hostilities between Biafra and NIGERIA, the Chinese would fight tooth and nail to preserve NIGERIAN unity unless Biafrans have 1 billion dollars to pay the Chinese and promise them something more to match their 45years lease hold on Lagos port.

So that's one World power Biafra have to contend with if she must break free from Nigeria.

IPOB and whoever is interested in BIAFRA independence must be sharp enough to figure out these things.
In international arena, allies are determined by economic interests and not sentiments.
That is why Britain a supposedly Christian country backed Islamic North against Christian Eastern NIGERIA in 1967-70. Ojukwu was counting on British and the west supporting Biafra based on religious or moral sentiments but was forced to face the ugly reality that international politics is never based on sentiments or morals.

Wearing Israel Juddaism clothes and praying in Jerusalem would not make Israel support you in a war. Israel would support you if you are a Muslim and your economic interests aligns with theirs.

I just wanted to point these out.
We are not prepared for this war. More years of planning is needed.

6 Likes

Re: What Did I Just Read About Ipob Military Strength!!! by SenatePresdo(m): 9:49pm On Jun 02, 2021
ScamHunter:

You also made lots of sense. But let us understand the scenario. The Fulani government is actually looking for this opportunity to deploy their troops and kill Igbos. The essence is to use fear as a weapon so that their foot soldiers, the herdsmen can make inroad. What we are saying is that IPOB doesn't have capacity for defense against a conventional army. So there is need for a change of strategy. De-escalate confrontation with the security agencies, withdraw and defend Igbo against herdsmen. At most, let them bring the combats to the forests where people won't be caught in cross-fire if the army are bent on war. Then, there is the need to use the interregnum to make sure that there's an air defense system to stop the NAF from running amok in Igbo land. Also, there's a need to see that we have capacity to strike back. For now, the odds are against the IPOB since this would be happening in Igbo homeland. ESN cannot be everywhere to prevent extrajudicial killings against the Igbo.

I understood everything you wrote, which is also a good idea.

But IPOB may never possess the capacity to strike back if our politicians and Elites doesn't pledge an unequivocal allegiance to the Biafran cause
Esn is just a security outfit that is not even backed by the people that matters most in our society. So, realistically, they can't be offensive against the Nigerian Army or Terriory should things eventually escalate because they lack home support.

Ok, assuming IPOB acquires an iron dome, or even aircrafts where are they going to situate them in Biafran Territory so that our governors won't go there with Nigerian army to remove it?

IPOB are fighting both external and internal war.

And since our Political class are not in support of IPOB, the Nigeria military will never attack the whole of igbo land like in the times of war, that's just the fact.

They will just be fighting IPOB like they are militants and be killing some people extrajudicially here and there, that's the worst that would happen.

But any day our political class starts supporting Ipob in fullness, that's would be the only time we can be talking about looking for the capacity to strike back at Nigeria, and that would be the only time Nigeria would have the Justification to attack us as a whole.

You get my point?

IPOB are handicapped to an extent. So the crises may not actually be worse than people are thinking.
Re: What Did I Just Read About Ipob Military Strength!!! by IvarDboneless: 10:19pm On Jun 02, 2021
Igboid:

That's not a strategy.
Hope and expectations are never a strategy.

No ally will show when you start a war and on the back foot with no plans.

None!

This was how Kanu was busy instructing Igbo youths in Obiigbo to hide in the bush when Nigerian Army went on door to door search catching and killing them.

Kanu had no plans. He was on Twitter tagging UN, USA, etc, crying genocide.

That's not a man with plans.

We all want Biafra. But I see no plans or strategic planning in IPOB and MNK that shows even a glimpse of him being capable of outmaneuvering Nigerian Military in open combat. None so far.

If you are looking at this whole scenario with an independent mindset,you would reach same conclusion.

Telling everyone to pick guns and start fighting NIGERIAN Military and police because the army of the Dead,aka Fulani heardsmen are heading our way, is no strategy.

There has to be a long term well drawn out strategy.
I see none from MNK and IPOB.
Bros, when you plan to go to war, do you publish your strategy to the open glaring of your intended enemies.. when a man dances there's definitely something playing the drum,
Somewhere. with the level of happenings so far don't you think the Nigerian govt would have repatriated Nnamdi kanu from wherever he is for inciting war on an independent republic. If only you know what is coming. D question is do you have a plan B
Re: What Did I Just Read About Ipob Military Strength!!! by mightyhaze: 10:35pm On Jun 02, 2021
Very rich thread.. never knew nairaland has this amount of intelligent posters..

I'm following this thread. Beautiful posters

3 Likes

Re: What Did I Just Read About Ipob Military Strength!!! by Omoluabi16(m): 10:49pm On Jun 02, 2021
Lovely thread. It's been a brilliant discourse so far.
Re: What Did I Just Read About Ipob Military Strength!!! by IvarDboneless: 10:55pm On Jun 02, 2021
PARADIZEPRIEST:
SICK PPL,YOU THINK WAR IS FUN LIKE YOU WATCH IN MOVIES,MAY GOD HAVE MERCY ON YOUR SOULS sad
No worry ee go be like that film for your eyes
Re: What Did I Just Read About Ipob Military Strength!!! by harakiri(m): 10:57pm On Jun 02, 2021
bigpriik:

Igbos are not illiterate when jungle mature allies go show

What ESN needs are ground to air missiles... That's all.
Re: What Did I Just Read About Ipob Military Strength!!! by cheruv: 11:47pm On Jun 02, 2021
harakiri:

What ESN needs are ground to air missiles... That's all.
Missiles and rocket bombs of all categories... Surface to air and surface to surface. They'd negate whatever advantages Nigeria has with its air force and armour, thereby reducing the battle to use of infantry and artillery, in which Nigerian units would be decisively beaten.

3 Likes

Re: What Did I Just Read About Ipob Military Strength!!! by McStoic(m): 11:50pm On Jun 02, 2021
Igboid:

Having warcrafts is important.
You can't have a situation where we are running from bombs in the East while people go on throwing owambe and have parties in Abuja and the rest of Nigeria.

We should be able to bring whatever chaos they brought to us back to them.
That's how you end wars.

USA ended the WW2 by basically dropping a nuke on Japan.

Imagine FG in East flexing muscles bombing Eastern cities and we went on counter mad leveled Kano, Kaduna and Abuja to stone age?

That would be practically game over!

That's what I'm talking about.
You can't keep always fighting on defense! You should be able to attack too.

Love this
Re: What Did I Just Read About Ipob Military Strength!!! by aniomadei1975: 12:15am On Jun 03, 2021
bigpriik:
I can believe my eyes? What did i just read?
Ipob recruited 50,000 men thats a large army,
No wonder their confidence.

Buhari's latest body language is an evident on what's is about to befall the 5 SE states.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Vanguard Retracts And Appologizes To Hon Emeka Chinedu Over Reps Bill / Zoning: Party Has The Final Say - Peter Obi / Lagos Arewa Community Supports Ban, Prosecution Of Okada Riders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 137
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.