Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,243 members, 7,815,338 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:03 AM

Vanguard Retracts And Appologizes To Hon Emeka Chinedu Over Reps Bill - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Vanguard Retracts And Appologizes To Hon Emeka Chinedu Over Reps Bill (8884 Views)

Tinubu Supporter Appologizes After Accusing David Hundeyin Of Being Paid By Obi / The Nation Newspaper Retracts And Apologizes To IPOB / FIRS Fund: Vanguard Retracts Story, Apologizes To Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vanguard Retracts And Appologizes To Hon Emeka Chinedu Over Reps Bill by AsabaPropertyAg(m): 8:54pm On Aug 21, 2021
Previous threads: https://www.nairaland.com/6637946/rep-emeka-chinedu-martins-wants

https://www.nairaland.com/6649029/emeka-martins-chinedu-withdraws-bill

*VANGUARD NEWSPAPERS RETRACTS, APOLOGIZES TO HON. EMEKA MARTINS CHINEDU, OVER THE MISREPRESENTATION OF THE BILL AGAINST JUNGLE JUSTICE*

The foremost Vanguard Newspapers has, on Friday, August 20, 2021, retracted the publication of July 6, 2021, entitled: "PDP Rep Sponsors Bill to Jail unlawful Protesters for five years".

In a publication of Friday August 20, 2021, entitled: "RETRACTION", the Vanguard Newspapers stated as follows:

"in the Tuesday, July 6, 2021 edition of VANGUARD, we published a story in which we credited Mr. Emeka Martins, a federal Lawmaker representing Ahiazu Mbaise/Ezinihitte Federal Constituency, as proposing a bill to Jail unlawful Protesters for five years.
"One of the Provisions of the bill, entitled 'an ACT to Amend the Criminal Code Act, CAP 38, laws of the Federation of Nigeria 2004, to further preserve the sanctity of human life and property , and to provide specifically for mob action, prescribe punishment and other matters connected therewith', which has since withdrawn, States that "Any person who takes part in a mob action is guilty of a felony and is liable to imprisonment for five years". We have since discovered that the bill meant MOB and not PROTESTERS. We, hereby, retract the story and apologize to Mr. Martins", it concluded.

It will be recalled that a well intended Bill sponsored by the Honorable member representing the good people of Ahiazu/Ezinihitte Mbaise Federal Constituency, Emeka Martins Chinedu, that seeks to Amend the Criminal Code ACT, CAP 38, laws of the Federation, in order to
prevent wanton destruction of property and killing of innocent Nigerians through MOB ACTION (JUNGLE JUSTICE), unexpectedly generated Nationwide Protests and controversies as a result of misconception emanating from a wrongly shaped Narrative by the Vanguard Newspapers.

NNAMDI UKASANYA,
SA(MEDIA & PUBLICITY) TO HON. EMEKA MARTINS CHINEDU (MHR)

1 Like

Re: Vanguard Retracts And Appologizes To Hon Emeka Chinedu Over Reps Bill by AsabaPropertyAg(m): 10:42pm On Aug 21, 2021
More
Re: Vanguard Retracts And Appologizes To Hon Emeka Chinedu Over Reps Bill by Faiththatworks(m): 12:40am On Aug 22, 2021
I wonder most times if people actually read the contents of the news these days before commenting.
I was totally surprised at the opposition the media put up against the bill sponsored by the Good minded Honorable.
Infact,I read an interview where he talked about how difficult it was to convict the murderers of the Aluu 4 because it was carried out by a mob.
Nigerian journalist have become so lazy that Twitter, Facebook and whatsapp comments have automatically become news.
I hope someone in the house summons the courage to re-present the bill again in the house, jungle justice must stop in Nigeria.
God bless Nigeria

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vanguard Retracts And Appologizes To Hon Emeka Chinedu Over Reps Bill by AsabaPropertyAg(m): 4:46am On Aug 22, 2021
Good morning Nigeria
Re: Vanguard Retracts And Appologizes To Hon Emeka Chinedu Over Reps Bill by AsabaPropertyAg(m): 10:06am On Aug 22, 2021
Happy Sunday
Re: Vanguard Retracts And Appologizes To Hon Emeka Chinedu Over Reps Bill by AsabaPropertyAg(m): 1:06pm On Aug 22, 2021
Sunday
Re: Vanguard Retracts And Appologizes To Hon Emeka Chinedu Over Reps Bill by AsabaPropertyAg(m): 2:00pm On Aug 22, 2021
Service
Re: Vanguard Retracts And Appologizes To Hon Emeka Chinedu Over Reps Bill by AsabaPropertyAg(m): 3:34pm On Aug 22, 2021
The foremost Vanguard Newspapers has, on Friday, August 20, 2021, retracted the publication of July 6, 2021, entitled: "PDP Rep Sponsors Bill to Jail unlawful Protesters for five years".

1 Like

Re: Vanguard Retracts And Appologizes To Hon Emeka Chinedu Over Reps Bill by AsabaPropertyAg(m): 6:00pm On Aug 22, 2021
In a publication of Friday August 20, 2021, entitled: "RETRACTION", the Vanguard Newspapers stated as follows:
Re: Vanguard Retracts And Appologizes To Hon Emeka Chinedu Over Reps Bill by Ikpeyi: 6:07pm On Aug 22, 2021
Hon. Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba for 2023...

1 Like

Re: Vanguard Retracts And Appologizes To Hon Emeka Chinedu Over Reps Bill by AsabaPropertyAg(m): 7:22pm On Aug 22, 2021
In a publication of Friday August 20, 2021, entitled: "RETRACTION", the Vanguard Newspapers stated as follows:A
Re: Vanguard Retracts And Appologizes To Hon Emeka Chinedu Over Reps Bill by AsabaPropertyAg(m): 8:25pm On Aug 22, 2021
in the Tuesday, July 6, 2021 edition of VANGUARD, we published a story in which we credited Mr. Emeka Martins, a federal Lawmaker representing Ahiazu Mbaise/Ezinihitte Federal Constituency, as proposing a bill to Jail unlawful Protesters for five years.
Re: Vanguard Retracts And Appologizes To Hon Emeka Chinedu Over Reps Bill by AsabaPropertyAg(m): 9:40pm On Aug 22, 2021
Vanguard Newspaper: Retraction Of The Publication Against Hon. Emeka M. Chinedu
Re: Vanguard Retracts And Appologizes To Hon Emeka Chinedu Over Reps Bill by AsabaPropertyAg(m): 4:27am On Aug 23, 2021
It will be recalled that a well intended Bill sponsored by the Honorable member representing the good people of Ahiazu/Ezinihitte Mbaise Federal Constituency, Emeka Martins Chinedu, that seeks to Amend the Criminal Code ACT, CAP 38, laws of the Federation, in order to
prevent wanton destruction of property and killing of innocent Nigerians through MOB ACTION (JUNGLE JUSTICE), unexpectedly generated Nationwide Protests and controversies as a result of misconception emanating from a wrongly shaped Narrative by the Vanguard Newspapers.
Re: Vanguard Retracts And Appologizes To Hon Emeka Chinedu Over Reps Bill by 33komkom(m): 5:03am On Aug 23, 2021
English no be we get am. Deferent meaning to deferent people.
Re: Vanguard Retracts And Appologizes To Hon Emeka Chinedu Over Reps Bill by AsabaPropertyAg(m): 2:18pm On Aug 23, 2021
More
Re: Vanguard Retracts And Appologizes To Hon Emeka Chinedu Over Reps Bill by AsabaPropertyAg(m): 3:33pm On Aug 23, 2021
One of the Provisions of the bill, entitled 'an ACT to Amend the Criminal Code Act, CAP 38, laws of the Federation of Nigeria 2004, to further preserve the sanctity of human life and property , and to provide specifically for mob action, prescribe punishment and other matters connected therewith', which has since withdrawn, States that "Any person who takes part in a mob action is guilty of a felony and is liable to imprisonment for five years". We have since discovered that the bill meant MOB and not PROTESTERS. We, hereby, retract the story and apologize to Mr. Martins", it concluded

1 Like

Re: Vanguard Retracts And Appologizes To Hon Emeka Chinedu Over Reps Bill by AsabaPropertyAg(m): 4:46pm On Aug 23, 2021
Continue
Re: Vanguard Retracts And Appologizes To Hon Emeka Chinedu Over Reps Bill by McOluOmo: 5:54pm On Aug 23, 2021
Ok

Guys wey no get girlfriend get peace of mind
Re: Vanguard Retracts And Appologizes To Hon Emeka Chinedu Over Reps Bill by Sonnobax15(m): 5:54pm On Aug 23, 2021
sad
Re: Vanguard Retracts And Appologizes To Hon Emeka Chinedu Over Reps Bill by bolaayenimo: 5:55pm On Aug 23, 2021
No need for any apology. All these politicians are fighting for their pockets
Re: Vanguard Retracts And Appologizes To Hon Emeka Chinedu Over Reps Bill by Thinktwicemybro: 5:55pm On Aug 23, 2021
Our system justify jungle justice. Criminals get back to the streets on a daily basis and they won't repent. We don't trust police.
The most celebrated cops end up as tailor.

Re: Vanguard Retracts And Appologizes To Hon Emeka Chinedu Over Reps Bill by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:55pm On Aug 23, 2021
They will always drink back their vomit.
Fake News Carrier.

Again and Again,
SAY NO TO JUNGLE JUSTICE.

Many innocent souls have been lost to same act as this.
RIP to the Aluu 4 Students, that were lynched and set ablazed for nothing.
Again,
SAY NO TO JUNGLE JUSTICE!

We Rise!!

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Vanguard Retracts And Appologizes To Hon Emeka Chinedu Over Reps Bill by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:56pm On Aug 23, 2021
Faiththatworks:
I wonder most times if people actually read the contents of the news these days before commenting.
I was totally surprised at the opposition the media put up against the bill sponsored by the Good minded Honorable.
Infact,I read an interview where he talked about how difficult it was to convict the murderers of the Aluu 4 because it was carried out by a mob.
Nigerian journalist have become so lazy that Twitter, Facebook and whatsapp comments have automatically become news.
I hope someone in the house summons the courage to re-present the bill again in the house, jungle justice must stop in Nigeria.
God bless Nigeria
SECONDED.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Vanguard Retracts And Appologizes To Hon Emeka Chinedu Over Reps Bill by ivolt: 5:56pm On Aug 23, 2021
A bill was presented against mob justice(jungle justice).
Vanguard twisted the word "mob" to protesters and social media ran with it.
Online mob spew insults and issued threats against the sponsor of the bill and
bill was withdrawn.
Vanguard have made a u-turn but the mobs won't.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vanguard Retracts And Appologizes To Hon Emeka Chinedu Over Reps Bill by khadaffi(m): 6:01pm On Aug 23, 2021
Faiththatworks:
God bless Nigeria

Infact I was very sad when I heard he had withdrawn the bill. To imagine a newspaper like vanguard could publish such trash. Even unverified threads on Nairaland sometimes have become more reliable than these newspapers. When I read the content of the news then, I knew whoever wrote the news was trying to play smart. Funny enough I read the news on Nairaland and I thought it was the poster that was trying to be mischievous, only for me to click the link and saw the nonsense. SMH.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Vanguard Retracts And Appologizes To Hon Emeka Chinedu Over Reps Bill by money121(m): 6:03pm On Aug 23, 2021
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Yuguda: Governors, Not Buhari To Blame For Nigeria’s Challenges / NNPCL Posts Over ₦‎2 Trillion Profit / CBN To Sensitize Nigerians On N5000 Note

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.