Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,004 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:32 AM

Oluwo Akanbi: South-West Will Suffer If Nigeria Breaks Now - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oluwo Akanbi: South-West Will Suffer If Nigeria Breaks Now (42791 Views)

Pa Adebanjo: At 94 I May Not Be Alive. U're The One To Suffer If You Vote Tinubu / Oluwo Akanbi To Yoruba: Address Ritual Killings In South-West With Your Energy / Oluwo Akanbi: Yorubas Will Lose More In War Against Fulanis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oluwo Akanbi: South-West Will Suffer If Nigeria Breaks Now by MrMaestro: 2:02am On Jun 03, 2021
Omoodua007:

This one is suffering from chronic Yorubaphobia
Many people suffer from Yorubaphobia unfortunately.
Re: Oluwo Akanbi: South-West Will Suffer If Nigeria Breaks Now by adenigga(m): 2:20am On Jun 03, 2021
Kwanza:

https://dailytrust.com/south-west-will-suffer-if-nigeria-break-now-oluwo

I understand, this is your situation as illustrated below ......

Re: Oluwo Akanbi: South-West Will Suffer If Nigeria Breaks Now by Nature8(m): 2:30am On Jun 03, 2021
RisenJoe:
Oluwo I don't want to insult you, but let me ask you this, before the amalgamation where the Yoruba race not doing well? Before the discovery of oil where the southern side not living fine?
The only reason I think you and your kind are afraid of dividing the country is because what you gain as long as the country remain one not even because of your care for the Yoruba race....

I want you to know that breaking up doesn't mean to stop using the naira IMMEDIATELY, so trade and commerce would still continue with the denomination until each new nation can come up with their own legal tender, and even if there is going to be any thing like hunger, I want you to know that it won't be as severe as it was during the civil war, believe me when I say that mechanisms are in place to cushion the effect of the break-up

No sir, Nigeria have no future if a millitary spokesperson can come out and say that a repentant BOKO HARAM stands the chance to be the president of this country, I can't share same country with people like you who have sold their soul and conscience.

Re: Oluwo Akanbi: South-West Will Suffer If Nigeria Breaks Now by Ghaxxy: 2:47am On Jun 03, 2021
If only the people of the south south are wise.
They are the ones that should be pushing for break up.
Their money is what is used to pay other regions, but their region is in a mess.
Re: Oluwo Akanbi: South-West Will Suffer If Nigeria Breaks Now by Omoodua007: 2:51am On Jun 03, 2021
MrMaestro:

Many people suffer from Yorubaphobia unfortunately.

Typical Fulani go and duck your cows anus
Re: Oluwo Akanbi: South-West Will Suffer If Nigeria Breaks Now by MrMaestro: 3:07am On Jun 03, 2021
Omoodua007:

Typical Fulani go and duck your cows anus
My guy, you misunderstand I was in agreement.

1 Like

Re: Oluwo Akanbi: South-West Will Suffer If Nigeria Breaks Now by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 4:08am On Jun 03, 2021
Fear fear cowards has started rolling backwards as usual... next thing they will will auction igboho at Black Market to fulani terrorist in power up north as they did to Afonja, Jakinde, Awolowo, Abiola and Tinubu and come in front and tell you, omo yellowbar is sophisticated
Re: Oluwo Akanbi: South-West Will Suffer If Nigeria Breaks Now by plaindealer: 5:34am On Jun 03, 2021
ELKHALIFAISIS:
Fear fear cowards has started rolling backwards as usual... next thing they will will auction igboho at Black Market to fulani terrorist in power up north as they did to Afonja, Jakinde, Awolowo, Abiola and Tinubu and come in front and tell you, omo yellowbar is sophisticated

WHY ARE THE IGBO PARANOID?

written by Our Reporter December 7, 2020

By Tochukwu Ezukanma

http://pointblanknews.com/pbn/uncategorized/why-are-the-igbo-paranoid/

If you know how to read...

smh..
Re: Oluwo Akanbi: South-West Will Suffer If Nigeria Breaks Now by miky(m): 5:57am On Jun 03, 2021
No South West will be the most successful region in Nigeria!
Re: Oluwo Akanbi: South-West Will Suffer If Nigeria Breaks Now by kraftysprouts: 7:30am On Jun 03, 2021
You have access to the ocean and you will suffer?

Wooow, you people must be very dull and lazy mentally and physically
Re: Oluwo Akanbi: South-West Will Suffer If Nigeria Breaks Now by Nobody: 7:45am On Jun 03, 2021
miky:
No South West will be the most successful region in Nigeria!

The Yorubas are the problems of the South. The Yorubas are the problems of the West Africa Sub region (Benin, Togo, Ghana, Ivory Coast up to Gambia ). All this childish discussion on this topic is not needed. The North is just looking for avenues to create disunity in the South.

The man who made the statement is very inconsequential as far as Yorubas are concerned and his town is very inconsequential even among the rural towns and villages in Yoruba land.

Until Yoruba is awake, there will be many historical manipulations submitted to Wikipedia, Wikimedia and other online database. Most of the books often cited as references are written between 2008 and 2015. These history books have nothing to do with authentic recorded history held by our historians in conjunction with our esteemed traditional rulers.

The South should remain united and very courageous.
Re: Oluwo Akanbi: South-West Will Suffer If Nigeria Breaks Now by lokoloko84(m): 7:47am On Jun 03, 2021
SamNaijaboy:
This king is just a big mumu.
When Yorubaland splits up, we will deal with idiots like this Oba.
The richest part of Yorubaland is Ondo, Followed by Lagos, followed by Ogun and Oyo. This Osun king is thinking locally and not looking at possibilities from elsewhere in Yorubaland that have not been tapped. The issue is that there will be more responsibilities and no more free oil money from South South. \
Tompolo and the rest of you SS people, what are you waiting for? The sooner you take your oil, the smarter mumus like this Oba/Emir or whatever will have to be to just survive.

quote author=Kwanza post=102302484]

https://dailytrust.com/south-west-will-suffer-if-nigeria-break-now-oluwo
Thank you,brother.
On paper,ondo state is the richest state in south west and the resources there can feed the region for years to come,talkless of other states.
When people say,Lagos is the richest,I just smile.
Re: Oluwo Akanbi: South-West Will Suffer If Nigeria Breaks Now by dareadewuyi: 7:56am On Jun 03, 2021
Awon Alale ilu iwo nlu sakara lori this amugbo king really, how could any right thinking person compare Lagos to any other states in the southwest, with the presence of huge economic institutions, in Lagos ; I think Akanbi should go back to his sleep and try to wake up on the right side of his bed.

Re: Oluwo Akanbi: South-West Will Suffer If Nigeria Breaks Now by OLULAW: 7:58am On Jun 03, 2021
Shame on the Iwo people for letting this crack head continue to disgrace them.
Re: Oluwo Akanbi: South-West Will Suffer If Nigeria Breaks Now by Daddy12daddy: 10:22am On Jun 03, 2021
Hg
Re: Oluwo Akanbi: South-West Will Suffer If Nigeria Breaks Now by afube: 12:24pm On Jun 03, 2021
plaindealer:
Apart from the fact that SW is the dominant economy in Nigeria with or without oil, nearly all the industries in Nigeria are all in the SW, SW is the finance, entertainment, advertisement, and the economic heartbeat of West Africa.

SW's economy is about to multiply many times over with the world's largest single refinery in the world.

The world's largest fertilizer plant.

The largest petrochemical plant in Africa

The largest gas plant in Africa

The largest undersea pipeline in the world.

In the event of any breakup, I see SW moving to either the first or second-largest economy in Africa.

good for you ! now let us in Biafra leave so we can find our destiny! weare not competing you know!
Re: Oluwo Akanbi: South-West Will Suffer If Nigeria Breaks Now by yusufojikutu1: 1:12pm On Jun 03, 2021
That your perception and conclusion that the southwest will suffer if Nigeria break-up is a total NO NO sir. We are far better alone and i see a prominent and promising ODUDUWA nation. Sir, your opinion might be very very offensive to the real sons on ODUDUWA.
Re: Oluwo Akanbi: South-West Will Suffer If Nigeria Breaks Now by Zionman24: 1:32pm On Jun 03, 2021
That's not true but fear mongering. It will actually give each side enough chance to completely take care and respond quickly to any situation without waiting for the Feds. The east don't have viably sea or air or port so they will continue relying on the west for a very long time. Each side will now closely monitor any resource coming and put them to a good use. Stop the nonsense because you're benefiting from Nigerian disfunction.
Re: Oluwo Akanbi: South-West Will Suffer If Nigeria Breaks Now by DedeNkem: 1:41pm On Jun 03, 2021
Jamesbally:
Biafra will suffer most. But the North will be stable and even do better economically when Nigeria disintegrate.

If you think so, why not let Biafra go?
Re: Oluwo Akanbi: South-West Will Suffer If Nigeria Breaks Now by Jamesbally: 1:47pm On Jun 03, 2021
DedeNkem:

If you think so, why not let Biafra go?

The North will never give Biafra their independence grin

Re: Oluwo Akanbi: South-West Will Suffer If Nigeria Breaks Now by DedeNkem: 1:53pm On Jun 03, 2021
BigSarah:
Only oil revenue keeps this country together, the fact is if a war happens they'd be no external assistance because the oil revenue is currently not enough for nigeria, compared to the 1960s when. There was a bounty for external influence.

That's one reason Nigeria can't break, regions without oil will suffer. Even with the oil how are we faring.. But the fact is getting out of the comfort zone(Nigeria and the reliance on oil) might actually unleash hidden potentials..

The Netherlands has no oil. It's less than one third of Nigeria in land size, with mere 17.28 million (2019) in population and still richer than Nigeria in every aspect!
Re: Oluwo Akanbi: South-West Will Suffer If Nigeria Breaks Now by ivolt: 1:53pm On Jun 03, 2021
RisenJoe:
Oluwo I don't want to insult you, but let me ask you this, before the amalgamation where the Yoruba race not doing well? Before the discovery of oil where the southern side not living fine?
Good that
Are you willing to return to farming?
It is only elders you find in farms these days and recruiting young people is very hard.

The only reason I think you and your kind are afraid of dividing the country is because what you gain as long as the country remain one not even because of your care for the Yoruba race....
You don't know these.
The Oluwo has little to lose. He could return to Canada if everything scatters.
How about thousands of its subject, they have everything to lose.

I want you to know that breaking up doesn't mean to stop using the naira IMMEDIATELY, so trade and commerce would still continue with the denomination until each new nation can come up with their own legal tender,
This is a not true and you know it.
The Naira dies, the day the country die.
Who is going to be in charge of the central bank when you break up?
In fact, smart and educated people will already convert their money if they sense a breakup leaving
millions of poor people to suffer.

and even if there is going to be any thing like hunger, I want you to know that it won't be as severe as it was during the civil war,
On what basis do you make this claim?

believe me when I say that mechanisms are in place to cushion the effect of the break-up
What mechanisms are in place?
Talk is cheap. Oluwo understand this better because he knows where state funds come from.
Do you have spare billions to gift the new nation?

No sir, Nigeria have no future if a millitary spokesperson can come out and say that a repentant BOKO HARAM stands the chance to be the president of this country,
The spokesman is right, anybody who is not convicted of crime has the chance of becoming the president of the country!
All you need to change it is sponsor a bill to prevent such.

I can't share same country with people like you who have sold their soul and conscience.
This is irrelevant.
Money rule this world and anyone who ignores it in his plan is bound to fail.
Re: Oluwo Akanbi: South-West Will Suffer If Nigeria Breaks Now by ivolt: 1:57pm On Jun 03, 2021
MrMaestro:

Selfish and power hungry. That's all he cares about. We were self sufficient long before Nigeria.
History is not a legal tender anywhere in the world.
What does your state currently have to generate billions needed to sustain its populace?
Re: Oluwo Akanbi: South-West Will Suffer If Nigeria Breaks Now by ivolt: 2:02pm On Jun 03, 2021
flokii:
I disagree with Oluwo on this..

Nigeria is holding us back in SW and we're infact suffering more in Nigeria.. while I'm for restructuring, I can't overlook the fact that Yorubas will be far more prosperous in a Yoruba-only nation and will rapidly develop to rival places like Qatar with the amount of untapped natural resources lying underneath our soil. Need I mention that we have the ports both land, air and water that will boost economic growth, development and trade in Yorubaland.
Ignoring the fact that Qatar is not a good model of development.
Qatar is a welfare state with 2.8 million people.
How do you propose to support welfare of 60+ million people with a fraction of Qatar's natural wealth?
Have you even considered that the Nigerian arrangement of federal claiming natural resources will not work in a new country?

There are too many leeches in Nigeria who don't bring anything to the table but love to complain, nag, nag and then nag.
I agree, and they cut across every part of Nigeria.
Re: Oluwo Akanbi: South-West Will Suffer If Nigeria Breaks Now by ivolt: 2:05pm On Jun 03, 2021
ABIODUNOLAOPA1:
The only people that will suffer are d likes of Oluwo and his masters in political offices that don't have any means of livelihood beside feeding fat on state treasury.
grin grin
If you think he doesn't have any means of livelihood, then you are joking.

The likes of Oluwo are facing inevitable extinction that is very imminent.
The funny thing is that the most violent agitators don't survive the tsunami because they
become a liability as soon as the "enemies" are gone.
Re: Oluwo Akanbi: South-West Will Suffer If Nigeria Breaks Now by ivolt: 2:06pm On Jun 03, 2021
Mydazz:
If Nigeria breaks the only part with tendency to suffer is the North, which ,I got end up like Chad or Niger Republic.
Talk about least people in terms of Education, Innovation, Accommodation, even sense, beclouded by extreme religious sentiments.
The Oluwo actually smoked before opening his mouth in public
What you don't realize is that the people that are down have nothing to fear but those up.
You should be more worried.
Re: Oluwo Akanbi: South-West Will Suffer If Nigeria Breaks Now by ivolt: 2:11pm On Jun 03, 2021
effort1:

Our people thrive in farming,
Which of your people?
The 50 and 60 year olds in the farm?

until Tinubu aided Fulani herdsmen started chasing farmers out of their farms. So, I think you should shut up, Mr Fulani slave.
You must be a kid with no education.
Herdsmen have been wrecking havoc even before Nigeria gained independence.
Re: Oluwo Akanbi: South-West Will Suffer If Nigeria Breaks Now by ivolt: 2:14pm On Jun 03, 2021
masseratti:
Oga forget cocoa, I remember in the days when communities will come together to build roads on their own in Yoruba land, build town hall, organize social events to make people happy then the traditional rulers were not collecting a dime from the government, it was Abacha that introduced 3% for them because of illegitimacy of his government and security votes for governors which cannot be accounted for, those are factors that have hinder the progress of the southwest.
It is always funny when people throw words around.
What is human resources?
Re: Oluwo Akanbi: South-West Will Suffer If Nigeria Breaks Now by effort1: 2:23pm On Jun 03, 2021
ivolt:

Which of your people?
The 50 and 60 year olds in the farm?

You must be a kid with no education.
Herdsmen have been wrecking havoc even before Nigeria gained independence.

These days, many youths are interested in farming, but Herdsmen are discouraging them. Once herdsmen problems are out of the way, there wouldn't be any discouragement again.

I spent 7 years helping my dad on the farm when I was younger and we never had problems with Herdsmen despite the fact that they brought their cows to the farm. Herdsmen would only come when we have harvested our crops and eat the crumbs and trash left behind.

I guess you are the one with useless education.
Re: Oluwo Akanbi: South-West Will Suffer If Nigeria Breaks Now by ivolt: 2:31pm On Jun 03, 2021
plaindealer:
This man sounds very shallow. Must everything be about paying salary?
Yes, everything is about salary in Nigeria.
Governor's who didn't know early saw hell.

Lagos is currently the 5th largest economy in Africa, SW economy is the largest in Nigeria and the VAT and the FG currently collects from Lagos and the SW, there's more than enough to pay every worker in the SW with plenty of change left.
There is something called system and when you take it apart you have to change all your assumptions.
Lagos economy is strongly dependent on Nigeria's and it will decline in case of a breakup.

Being on your own is not about what you have in your pocket today, it's about using your ingenuity to advance, progress, and grow your economy to satisfy your socio-economic needs.
You need to find out more about the wealth of Nations.
Balkanization is not a ticket to Eldorado and most breakup countries enjoy no better than where they start from.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oluwo Akanbi: South-West Will Suffer If Nigeria Breaks Now by ivolt: 2:44pm On Jun 03, 2021
effort1:

These days, many youths are interested in farming, but Herdsmen are discouraging them. Once herdsmen problems are out of the way, there wouldn't be any discouragement again.
Which youths wants to farm?

I spent 7 years helping my dad on the farm when I was younger and we never had problems with Herdsmen despite the fact that they brought their cows to the farm. Herdsmen would only come when we have harvested our crops and eat the crumbs and trash left behind.
Those kind herdsmen who only eat leftovers.
I bet they also gave you milk as gift too. The love affair must be so strong!

Any serious farmer knows that no time is good for cows to be in a farm.
If you are incapable of seeing the problem of unsolicited farm invasion regardless of what the cattle do there,
then you are even worse than Buhari their patron.

I guess you are the one with useless education.
Nah, your response has exposed your slow wit.
Re: Oluwo Akanbi: South-West Will Suffer If Nigeria Breaks Now by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jun 03, 2021
ivolt:

Good that
Are you willing to return to farming?
It is only elders you find in farms these days and recruiting young people is very hard.

You don't know these.
The Oluwo has little to lose. He could return to Canada if everything scatters.
How about thousands of its subject, they have everything to lose.

This is a not true and you know it.
The Naira dies, the day the country die.
Who is going to be in charge of the central bank when you break up?
In fact, smart and educated people will already convert their money if they sense a breakup leaving
millions of poor people to suffer.

On what basis do you make this claim?

What mechanisms are in place?
Talk is cheap. Oluwo understand this better because he knows where state funds come from.
Do you have spare billions to gift the new nation?

The spokesman is right, anybody who is not convicted of crime has the chance of becoming the president of the country!
All you need to change it is sponsor a bill to prevent such.

This is irrelevant.
Money rule this world and anyone who ignores it in his plan is bound to fail.

You are talking trash. Oluwo has never contributed anything meaningful and has brought much confusion to the Iwo rural town and the traditional institution in Osun State.

It would be an harassment of intellect to subject his vomits or babbling to economic analysis and development.

Only his type can reason along with him and I am sure you are one of them. The Agbo sellers of Osun State and the butchers can accept his analogy . In olden days in Yoruba land, the Iwo people are known mainly as butchers killing cows and selling cow meats (Eleran) in the market. They dominated the business in Port Harcourt in those days. In those days, there was hardly any abattoir you go in the South without seeing an Iwo man. In Port Harcourt, we have Muri Eleran very popular in those days. They grow with cows. Their king must support Fulanis.

All the forest at Iwo,Ede, Osogbo, Ikire, Apomu, Gbongan, Odeomu, etc are dominated by Fulanis.

He has not said anything other than for Yorubas not to allow IBOS and Niger Delta people go because of Crude Oil. He wants Yorubas to think along with Hausas. Lazy and lousy thinking.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Nigerians Mocks Buharist Trending #istandwithbuhari / Gays, Lesbians, Satan: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts Biden, Harris & Supporters / Oga At The Top: NSCDC Defends Obafaiye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.