Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,567 members, 7,827,133 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:44 AM

Obama Watched Bin Laden Die On Live Video As Shoot-out Beamed To White House - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Obama Watched Bin Laden Die On Live Video As Shoot-out Beamed To White House (22476 Views)

Raffi Freedman-Gurspan, First Transgender White House Official (Photos) / Osama Bin Laden's Family Members Die In Plane Crash / Osama Bin Laden Is Dead: His Body Is In US Custody! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obama Watched Bin Laden Die On Live Video As Shoot-out Beamed To White House by jude33084(m): 5:21pm On May 05, 2011
wakes:

[b]how many times will Obama die? [/b]I thought he has long being dead? Well whatever happened, enough of OBL. Let's talk about someone who does good things not the bad buy. And who is that? My Jesus. He is not wicked, He rather saves and never kills people. Have you had an encounter with him yet?

Nna nor be Obama die na Osama grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Obama Watched Bin Laden Die On Live Video As Shoot-out Beamed To White House by Pecca: 6:12pm On May 05, 2011
All hail Great Great America. Revenge is sweetest when allowed to get cold.Cosa Nostra grin[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Obama Watched Bin Laden Die On Live Video As Shoot-out Beamed To White House by bamosagie(m): 6:44pm On May 05, 2011
Its like there are quite a number of Bin laden's disciples on nairaland, many Abdulmattalab on the making!
Re: Obama Watched Bin Laden Die On Live Video As Shoot-out Beamed To White House by 190: 7:50pm On May 05, 2011
[size=15pt]GRAB YOUR COPY NOW!! angry angry[/size]

Re: Obama Watched Bin Laden Die On Live Video As Shoot-out Beamed To White House by Nobody: 8:52pm On May 05, 2011
wow alaba boys don release the movie now now. that film go be action packed
Re: Obama Watched Bin Laden Die On Live Video As Shoot-out Beamed To White House by ktechnical: 11:04pm On May 05, 2011
CONSPIRACY THEORY OR NOT

Osama bin Ladin will not work this earth again means he is either in another Galaxy or Dead for those of u that refused 2 believe, the President of the United state has said his boys killed him and he has a very convincing evidence of video and audio but he will not share it with u guys because una mouth too dey talk nonsense. it is either u celebrate with the States or u are against them.

Some people just like the world better with Osama still hiding, guys if u are one of those, na turn by turn no worry your turn go soon reach after u bomb ur self miss them go find u. the bitter truth is that if the pictures and videos are released those that dont want to belive will never belive until them go see d Guy 4 that Place when they Roast evil doers
Re: Obama Watched Bin Laden Die On Live Video As Shoot-out Beamed To White House by manny4life(m): 12:19am On May 06, 2011
The funny thing is that a lot of the "SMART, AND ANALYTICAL" people on Nairaland here, all they do is talk, Recent polls and survey as of yesterday by the Washington Post/Express shows that many indeed believed, and recent polls showed more than 55% of the nation approved the president on the job of terrorism because they believed, So if the American people believed, who really cares about the so-called conspiracy theories? One thing I say is, if you want to believe, then believe, if u don't it's totally fine and trust me no one will force it down your throat to believe. Stories are not meant to convince people but to educate people.
Re: Obama Watched Bin Laden Die On Live Video As Shoot-out Beamed To White House by Nobody: 5:28am On May 06, 2011
Not impressed. Not celebrating.  undecided

If you have NO idea about American politics or how they run things, do not dismiss what
ppl call as conspiracy theories. There is no gov.t more corrupt than that of my own: American.

Second, there are MORE Osamas where he came from. So cutting the LIMB off of the star fish we know
to be Al Qaeda, will resort in another one forming soon after. Stay there and celebrate.

I am an American citizen and it is my life and millions of other Americans that are being played with here.
I pay taxes and my safety is not guaranteed because of this need for power when there are ppl on the streets still
begging for food, most former US war veterans. Lives are expendable on both sides and we Americans have a false sense of security.
I love my country but I do NOT have a good feeling about this!!!!
Re: Obama Watched Bin Laden Die On Live Video As Shoot-out Beamed To White House by Nobody: 5:30am On May 06, 2011
MzDarkSkin:

Not impressed. Not celebrating.

Same over here.

Dont care. Seems fishy tho.
Re: Obama Watched Bin Laden Die On Live Video As Shoot-out Beamed To White House by Nobody: 5:33am On May 06, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Same over here.

Dont care. Seems fishy tho.

Right. All we can do is wait, watch and pray. undecided
Re: Obama Watched Bin Laden Die On Live Video As Shoot-out Beamed To White House by Binumar: 8:34am On May 06, 2011
Obama/Osama sounds like cousins
Re: Obama Watched Bin Laden Die On Live Video As Shoot-out Beamed To White House by enomakos(m): 4:56pm On May 06, 2011
so cool that dude isdead
Re: Obama Watched Bin Laden Die On Live Video As Shoot-out Beamed To White House by iyaegin: 6:01pm On May 06, 2011
Sometimes when i go through Posts on Nairaland i marvel and am amused at different personalities we have in the World and on the internet at large. Some are on a short fuse and so from discussing issues eventually balls down to an abusing contest, some are just plain ignorant of the realities of life and want to stay on with their ignoramus ideals, some still try to be realistic and move with the growing world trends.
Face it people Osama is dead killed by American Navy Seals not prior to that May 1 date but that very day.
Watching live video of events is no big deal at least we all get to watch premiership games and other games live on the internet so why would watching a live feed be impossible of his death. Cast your mind to black hawk down in Somalia in 1995 and you would know the world has long since advanced beyond that stage. face it people osama is gone never to be seen again just like obama said.
And on a final note to your doubting thomasses his death was confirmed by his own Al qaeda group so what more confirmation do you need
Re: Obama Watched Bin Laden Die On Live Video As Shoot-out Beamed To White House by Nobody: 8:18pm On May 06, 2011
iya egin:

And on a final note to your doubting thomasses his death was confirmed by his own Al qaeda group so what more confirmation do you need

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-south-asia-13313201
Re: Obama Watched Bin Laden Die On Live Video As Shoot-out Beamed To White House by Nobody: 8:19pm On May 06, 2011
Al-Qaeda has confirmed the death of its leader, Osama Bin Laden, according to a statement attributed to the group and posted on jihadist internet forums.

The statement said his blood would not be "wasted" and al-Qaeda would continue to attack the US and its allies.

Bin Laden's death would be a "curse" for the US and urged an uprising in Pakistan, the statement added.

The militant was shot dead on Monday when US commandos stormed his compound in the Pakistani town of Abbottabad.

The covert raid was carried out without the prior knowledge of the Pakistani authorities, increasing tension between the two countries.

Several rallies were held in Pakistan on Friday in protest. The BBC's Syed Shoaib Hasan said thousands marched through central Karachi in the biggest such rally there in years. They chanted slogans praising Bin Laden - calling him a guardian of Islam.
Re: Obama Watched Bin Laden Die On Live Video As Shoot-out Beamed To White House by Horus(m): 8:26pm On May 06, 2011
[size=17pt]Al Qaida vows revenge over killing[/size]

Al Qaida confirmed the killing of Osama bin Laden on Friday and vowed revenge, saying Americans' "happiness will turn to sadness" in the first statement by the terror network since its leader was killed in a US commando raid against his Pakistani hideout.

Terror experts have said bin Laden's death on Monday was a setback for al Qaida but the threat of attacks remains and could even spike in coming days from individuals or small extremist groups inspired to take revenge for the killing.

The statement, dated Tuesday but posted on Friday on militant websites, opens the way for the group to name a successor to bin Laden. His deputy Ayman al-Zawahri is now the most prominent figure in the group and a likely contender to take his place.

"The blood of the holy warrior sheik, Osama bin Laden, God bless him, is too precious to us and to all Muslims to go in vain," the statement said. "We will remain, God willing, a curse chasing the Americans and their agents, following them outside and inside their countries."

"Soon, God willing, their happiness will turn to sadness," it said, "their blood will be mingled with their tears."

Rather than making vehement cries of vengeance, the al Qaida statement - entitled You lived as a good man, you died as a martyr - struck a tone of calmness and continuation. Though it included praise of bin Laden, much of the 11-paragraph statement was dedicated to underlining that al Qaida would live on, depicting him as just another in a line of "martyrs" from the group.

"It is impossible, impossible. Sheikh Osama didn't build an organisation to die when he dies," the statement read. "The university of faith, Quran and jihad from which bin Laden graduated will not close its doors," it added.

"The soldiers of Islam will continue in groups and united, plotting and planning without getting bored, tired, with determination, without giving up until striking a blow," the statement.

It said bin Laden was killed "along an established path followed by the best of those who came before him and those who will come after him." In the statement, al Qaida also called on Pakistanis to rise up in revolt against its leaders to "cleanse the shame." It also said that an audio message bin Laden recorded a week before his death would be issued soon.

The writers of the statement appeared unaware of the announcement by American officials that bin Laden's body had been buried at sea. The statement warned against mishandling or mistreating bin Laden's body and demanded that be handed over to his family, saying "any harm (to the body) will open more doors of evil, and there will be no one to blame but yourselves."

Source: http://news.aol.co.uk/main-news/story/al-qaida-confirms-bin-ladens-death/1793285/?icid=main|uk-ws-bb|dl1|link4|http%3A%2F%2Fnews.aol.co.uk%2Fmain-news%2Fstory%2Fal-qaida-confirms-bin-ladens-death%2F1793285%2F#
Re: Obama Watched Bin Laden Die On Live Video As Shoot-out Beamed To White House by Nobody: 8:50pm On May 06, 2011
these guys are lunatuics
Re: Obama Watched Bin Laden Die On Live Video As Shoot-out Beamed To White House by babalawo(m): 11:20pm On May 06, 2011
THE WHITE HOUSE
Office of the Press Secretary
East Room
11:35 P.M. EDT
THE PRESIDENT: Good evening. Tonight, I can report to the
American people and to the world that the United States has conducted
an operation that killed Osama bin Laden, the leader of al Qaeda, and
a terrorist who’s responsible for the murder of thousands of innocent
men, women, and children.
It was nearly 10 years ago that a bright September day was darkened
by the worst attack on the American people in our history. The
images of 9/11 are seared into our national memory -- hijacked planes
cutting through a cloudless September sky; the Twin Towers collapsing
to the ground; black smoke billowing up from the Pentagon; the wreckage
of Flight 93 in Shanksville, Pennsylvania, where the actions of
heroic citizens saved even more heartbreak and destruction.
And yet we know that the worst images are those that were unseen
to the world. The empty seat at the dinner table. Children who were
forced to grow up without their mother or their father. Parents who
would never know the feeling of their child’s embrace. Nearly 3,000
citizens taken from us, leaving a gaping hole in our hearts.
On September 11, 2001, in our time of grief, the American people
came together. We offered our neighbors a hand, and we offered the
wounded our blood. We reaffirmed our ties to each other, and our
love of community and country. On that day, no matter where we came
from, what God we prayed to, or what race or ethnicity we were, we
were united as one American family.
We were also united in our resolve to protect our nation and to
bring those who committed this vicious attack to justice. We quickly
learned that the 9/11 attacks were carried out by al Qaeda -- an organization
headed by Osama bin Laden, which had openly declared war
on the United States and was committed to killing innocents in our
country and around the globe. And so we went to war against al Qaeda
to protect our citizens, our friends, and our allies.
Over the last 10 years, thanks to the tireless and heroic work
of our military and our counterterrorism professionals, we’ve made
great strides in that effort. We’ve disrupted terrorist attacks and
strengthened our homeland defense. In Afghanistan, we removed the
Taliban government, which had given bin Laden and al Qaeda safe haven
and support. And around the globe, we worked with our friends and
allies to capture or kill scores of al Qaeda terrorists, including
several who were a part of the 9/11 plot.
Yet Osama bin Laden avoided capture and escaped across the Afghan
border into Pakistan. Meanwhile, al Qaeda continued to operate
from along that border and operate through its affiliates across the
world.
And so shortly after taking office, I directed Leon Panetta, the
director of the CIA, to make the killing or capture of bin Laden the
top priority of our war against al Qaeda, even as we continued our
broader efforts to disrupt, dismantle, and defeat his network.
Then, last August, after years of painstaking work by our intelligence
community, I was briefed on a possible lead to bin Laden. It
was far from certain, and it took many months to run this thread to
ground. I met repeatedly with my national security team as we developed
more information about the possibility that we had located bin
Laden hiding within a compound deep inside of Pakistan. And finally,
last week, I determined that we had enough intelligence to take action,
and authorized an operation to get Osama bin Laden and bring
him to justice.
Today, at my direction, the United States launched a targeted
operation against that compound in Abbottabad, Pakistan. A small
team of Americans carried out the operation with extraordinary courage
and capability. No Americans were harmed. They took care to
avoid civilian casualties. After a firefight, they killed Osama bin
Laden and took custody of his body.
For over two decades, bin Laden has been al Qaeda’s leader and
symbol, and has continued to plot attacks against our country and our
friends and allies. The death of bin Laden marks the most significant
achievement to date in our nation’s effort to defeat al Qaeda.
Yet his death does not mark the end of our effort. There’s no
doubt that al Qaeda will continue to pursue attacks against us. We
must –- and we will -- remain vigilant at home and abroad.
As we do, we must also reaffirm that the United States is not –-
and never will be -– at war with Islam. I’ve made clear, just as
President Bush did shortly after 9/11, that our war is not against
Islam. Bin Laden was not a Muslim leader; he was a mass murderer of
Muslims. Indeed, al Qaeda has slaughtered scores of Muslims in many
countries, including our own. So his demise should be welcomed by
all who believe in peace and human dignity.
Over the years, I’ve repeatedly made clear that we would take
action within Pakistan if we knew where bin Laden was. That is what
we’ve done. But it’s important to note that our counterterrorism cooperation
with Pakistan helped lead us to bin Laden and the compound
where he was hiding. Indeed, bin Laden had declared war against
Pakistan as well, and ordered attacks against the Pakistani people.
Tonight, I called President Zardari, and my team has also spoken
with their Pakistani counterparts. They agree that this is a good
and historic day for both of our nations. And going forward, it is
essential that Pakistan continue to join us in the fight against al
Qaeda and its affiliates.
The American people did not choose this fight. It came to our
shores, and started with the senseless slaughter of our citizens.
After nearly 10 years of service, struggle, and sacrifice, we know
well the costs of war. These efforts weigh on me every time I, as
Commander-in-Chief, have to sign a letter to a family that has lost a
loved one, or look into the eyes of a service member who’s been
gravely wounded.
So Americans understand the costs of war. Yet as a country, we
will never tolerate our security being threatened, nor stand idly by
when our people have been killed. We will be relentless in defense
of our citizens and our friends and allies. We will be true to the
values that make us who we are. And on nights like this one, we can
say to those families who have lost loved ones to al Qaeda’s terror:
Justice has been done.
Tonight, we give thanks to the countless intelligence and counterterrorism
professionals who’ve worked tirelessly to achieve this
outcome. The American people do not see their work, nor know their
names. But tonight, they feel the satisfaction of their work and the
result of their pursuit of justice.
We give thanks for the men who carried out this operation, for
they exemplify the professionalism, patriotism, and unparalleled
courage of those who serve our country. And they are part of a generation
that has borne the heaviest share of the burden since that
September day.
Finally, let me say to the families who lost loved ones on 9/11
that we have never forgotten your loss, nor wavered in our commitment
to see that we do whatever it takes to prevent another attack on our
shores.
And tonight, let us think back to the sense of unity that prevailed
on 9/11. I know that it has, at times, frayed. Yet today’s
achievement is a testament to the greatness of our country and the
determination of the American people.
The cause of securing our country is not complete. But tonight,
we are once again reminded that America can do whatever we set our
mind to. That is the story of our history, whether it’s the pursuit
of prosperity for our people, or the struggle for equality for all
our citizens; our commitment to stand up for our values abroad, and
our sacrifices to make the world a safer place.
Let us remember that we can do these things not just because of
wealth or power, but because of who we are: one nation, under God,
indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
Thank you. May God bless you. And may God bless the United
States of America.
END 11:44 P.M. EDT
Re: Obama Watched Bin Laden Die On Live Video As Shoot-out Beamed To White House by allboyz(m): 1:11pm On May 07, 2011
i doubt his death honestly. . . .
Re: Obama Watched Bin Laden Die On Live Video As Shoot-out Beamed To White House by detopshot(m): 1:45pm On May 07, 2011
Hmmm
Re: Obama Watched Bin Laden Die On Live Video As Shoot-out Beamed To White House by ktechnical: 3:29pm On May 07, 2011
Keep doubting is Death, the Taliban have already confirmed it so doubt all u want
Re: Obama Watched Bin Laden Die On Live Video As Shoot-out Beamed To White House by akwaowoudo(m): 5:05am On May 08, 2011
Why should it take a world power about ten (10) years to prove her prowess?
Are the naval seals natives of United States? If not, what root?
Re: Obama Watched Bin Laden Die On Live Video As Shoot-out Beamed To White House by kabukabu50(m): 6:23am On May 08, 2011
Horus:

[size=17pt]Al Qaida vows revenge over killing[/size]

Al Qaida confirmed the killing of Osama bin Laden on Friday and vowed revenge, saying Americans' "happiness will turn to sadness" in the first statement by the terror network since its leader was killed in a US commando raid against his Pakistani hideout.

Terror experts have said bin Laden's death on Monday was a setback for al Qaida but the threat of attacks remains and could even spike in coming days from individuals or small extremist groups inspired to take revenge for the killing.

The statement, dated Tuesday but posted on Friday on militant websites, opens the way for the group to name a successor to bin Laden. His deputy Ayman al-Zawahri is now the most prominent figure in the group and a likely contender to take his place.

"The blood of the holy warrior sheik, Osama bin Laden, God bless him, is too precious to us and to all Muslims to go in vain," the statement said. "We will remain, God willing, a curse chasing the Americans and their agents, following them outside and inside their countries."

"Soon, God willing, their happiness will turn to sadness," it said, "their blood will be mingled with their tears."

Rather than making vehement cries of vengeance, the al Qaida statement - entitled You lived as a good man, you died as a martyr - struck a tone of calmness and continuation. Though it included praise of bin Laden, much of the 11-paragraph statement was dedicated to underlining that al Qaida would live on, depicting him as just another in a line of "martyrs" from the group.

"It is impossible, impossible. Sheikh Osama didn't build an organisation to die when he dies," the statement read. "The university of faith, Quran and jihad from which bin Laden graduated will not close its doors," it added.

"The soldiers of Islam will continue in groups and united, plotting and planning without getting bored, tired, with determination, without giving up until striking a blow," the statement.

It said bin Laden was killed "along an established path followed by the best of those who came before him and those who will come after him." In the statement, al Qaida also called on Pakistanis to rise up in revolt against its leaders to "cleanse the shame." It also said that an audio message bin Laden recorded a week before his death would be issued soon.

The writers of the statement appeared unaware of the announcement by American officials that bin Laden's body had been buried at sea. The statement warned against mishandling or mistreating bin Laden's body and demanded that be handed over to his family, saying "any harm (to the body) will open more doors of evil, and there will be no one to blame but yourselves."

Source: http://news.aol.co.uk/main-news/story/al-qaida-confirms-bin-ladens-death/1793285/?icid=main|uk-ws-bb|dl1|link4|http%3A%2F%2Fnews.aol.co.uk%2Fmain-news%2Fstory%2Fal-qaida-confirms-bin-ladens-death%2F1793285%2F#

These guys are absolute nuts,yeah go ahead and keep fighting the US,your countries are behind,poverty at all time high,high illiteracy and next to zero industrial growth, look at the other arabs like the Saudis and Kuwaitis are getting richer while you punks fight over religion.Your leaders have you all controlled like sheep,while you blow yourselves up, your govt officials are helping themselves to the little money you have grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Obama Watched Bin Laden Die On Live Video As Shoot-out Beamed To White House by dotzok: 9:49pm On May 08, 2011
SUlad: u're in tune , "Those that were killed previously and were known to be inferior in rank to him were , ".

They eventually released a video of Osama watching himself,

ENHANCED lies
Re: Obama Watched Bin Laden Die On Live Video As Shoot-out Beamed To White House by slizzy5353: 2:40pm On May 09, 2011
DO YOU PEOPLE REALLY BELEIVE HE SIS DEAD, AT LEAST THERE SHOLUD BE A SMILE smiley ON OBAMA'S FACE NOT THE angry sad embarassedSCARY FACE HE IS PUTTING ON,
Re: Obama Watched Bin Laden Die On Live Video As Shoot-out Beamed To White House by sulad82i(m): 3:22pm On May 09, 2011
Obama wasnt watching like the story makes it look. He (Obama) said they were getting real time report on how the operation was going by comunicating with one of the commanders in charge of the operation.
Re: Obama Watched Bin Laden Die On Live Video As Shoot-out Beamed To White House by liquid7: 3:55pm On May 09, 2011
i doubt they have a nuclear bomb to deonate.but if they do US response would be intresting because since al Qaida is based in many countries they don't have particular country to nuke.And of course nuking random suspect countries is not an option to start with as this will cause radiation clouds to drift over europe and most crucially Russia who will not take kindly to that.

However,i believe if they indeed have a nuclear bomb they would probably have used it long ago .
Re: Obama Watched Bin Laden Die On Live Video As Shoot-out Beamed To White House by ctcn: 4:03pm On May 09, 2011
Craft Trade Consult Nigeria

TRADE TOUR TO CHINA - $3500.

VISA ASSISTANCE
AIR TICKET
AIRPORT SHUTTLE
HOTEL ACCOMMODATION
MEET WITH CERTIFIED OEMs
TRADE ADVISORY
IMPORT/EXPORT
#We are also into outsourcing

CALL MICHAEL ON 08028 54 7967
Re: Obama Watched Bin Laden Die On Live Video As Shoot-out Beamed To White House by mamagee3(f): 12:38am On May 10, 2011
allboyz:

i doubt his death honestly. . . .
Then take a tour to hell and find out if he's there. . . grin undecided

Then you'll know.
Re: Obama Watched Bin Laden Die On Live Video As Shoot-out Beamed To White House by Nobody: 3:05pm On May 10, 2011
MzDarkSkin:

Not impressed. Not celebrating.  undecided

If you have NO idea about American politics or how they run things, do not dismiss what
ppl call as conspiracy theories. There is no gov.t more corrupt than that of my own: American.

[size=14pt]Second, there are MORE Osamas where he came from. So cutting the LIMB off of the star fish we know
to be Al Qaeda, will resort in another one forming soon after. [/size]Stay there and celebrate.

I am an American citizen and it is my life and millions of other Americans that are being played with here.
I pay taxes and my safety is not guaranteed because of this need for power when there are ppl on the streets still
begging for food, most former US war veterans. Lives are expendable on both sides and we Americans have a false sense of security.
I love my country but I do NOT have a good feeling about this!!!!

^^^ So said. . .

^^^so done. . . undecided undecided

I cry for my generation and those to come.
There is nothing to smile about.
Re: Obama Watched Bin Laden Die On Live Video As Shoot-out Beamed To White House by DonShark(m): 3:44pm On May 10, 2011
So Osama can be killed after claiming that he can't be killed.This will soon follow with the execution of the remaining Al Queda troops.Long live America.
Re: Obama Watched Bin Laden Die On Live Video As Shoot-out Beamed To White House by Frankiedu(m): 4:59am On Jul 06, 2012
adeomos: no way will i believe this,

why can't they show the screen image, while they were watching the gun battle

also why can't they take the picture of his dead body
the pics are out bt very horrific.........

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

White House Staffers To Wear Face-Masks In West Wing / Work From Home To Beat Putin, Says EU / FG To Evacuate 5,500 Nigerians Stranded In Sudan By Road – Onyeama (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.