Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,598 members, 7,851,034 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 12:29 PM

There Is NO TRIBE As Niger Delta ... Stop The Self Delusion - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / There Is NO TRIBE As Niger Delta ... Stop The Self Delusion (401 Views)

Akpabio Resigns As Niger Delta Affairs Minister / Akpabio Reacts After His Appointment As Niger Delta Minister / Our Tribe As Igbos Should Be Renamed As Biafrans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

There Is NO TRIBE As Niger Delta ... Stop The Self Delusion by Validated: 8:34pm On Jun 05, 2021
In Nigeria, there are several tribes and pepple. I have never heard anyone say "I am a Northwestern," never heard of "North Centralner" that is if there is anything like that. However, down South, the people appears confused. I thought by now, the Edos, Urhobos, Isokos, Ijaws, Itsekiris, Aniomas, Ibibios, etc would begin to be proud of their tribes. Rather you hear someone say, we are Niger Deltans? How? The only people on the delta are Ijaws, Itsekiris and some other small commumities. Most of these are fishermen and women, however, the Nigerian political elites created the term Niger Delta for their selfish pplitical reasons. How is someone in Cross River for example a Niger Deltan? Calabar is hundreds of kilometer from forcados or Yenogoa. Or how is a person in Auchi Afemai by tribe a Niger Deltan? Or the person from Obigbo in Rivers State a Niger Deltan? Southern minorities are better off calling themselves by their tribes otherwise, with time, their tribes will go extinct.
If Nigeria divides tomorrow, there would be nothing like South-South or Niger Delta. Let us stop fooling ourselves.

2 Likes

Re: There Is NO TRIBE As Niger Delta ... Stop The Self Delusion by NDIOGAH(m): 8:37pm On Jun 05, 2021
Correct information, keep it up
Re: There Is NO TRIBE As Niger Delta ... Stop The Self Delusion by Luigi03(m): 8:41pm On Jun 05, 2021
No one said Niger Deltans are a tribe, who told your skull that? undecided
Re: There Is NO TRIBE As Niger Delta ... Stop The Self Delusion by Validated: 8:46pm On Jun 05, 2021
Luigi03:
No one said Niger Deltans are a tribe, who told your skull that? undecided
Okay, by your skull what are they? A community, a confused people, a ... what? Skulless as you?
Re: There Is NO TRIBE As Niger Delta ... Stop The Self Delusion by Northernblood3: 8:53pm On Jun 05, 2021
Let's stop this nonsense.

Let them answer whatever they want to answer. Let them Be.

Ka anyi kwusi mmegheri Ndi a anyi na emegheri
Re: There Is NO TRIBE As Niger Delta ... Stop The Self Delusion by justtoodark: 8:54pm On Jun 05, 2021
una go wail tire....

Re: There Is NO TRIBE As Niger Delta ... Stop The Self Delusion by Luigi03(m): 8:58pm On Jun 05, 2021
Validated:

Okay, by your skull what are they? A community, a confused people, a ... what? Skulless as you?
Niger Delta consists of many tribes who WANT TO BE LEFT THE FÜĆK ALONE!
Face your front and leave Niger Delta. We aren't begging for a savior so just leave. It's either a Niger Delta Republic or NOTHING!
Re: There Is NO TRIBE As Niger Delta ... Stop The Self Delusion by Validated: 9:02pm On Jun 05, 2021
Luigi03:

Niger Delta consists of many tribes who WANT TO BE LEFT THE FÜĆK ALONE!
Face your front and leave Niger Delta. We aren't begging for a savior so just leave. It's either a Niger Delta Republic or NOTHING!
Be proud of your tribe. Sincerely, I find it funny that you are not. Some of you believe anyone telling you or us the truth are Igbos. Senseless.
Re: There Is NO TRIBE As Niger Delta ... Stop The Self Delusion by Luigi03(m): 9:10pm On Jun 05, 2021
Validated:

Be proud of your tribe. Sincerely, I find it funny that you are not. Some of you believe anyone telling you or us the truth are Igbos. Senseless.
I'm proud of my tribe Pls. My ancestors are igbos as I'm Anioma. If I'm correct. I would've preferred a southern Nigeria which consists of West, East and South. But the Yorubas are Igbos and cat and rats which would make it impossible. I share the same south with lots of other minority tribes. What would become of them if the majority in ND decides to join Biafra? Life is gonna become even more difficult for them seeing as Igbos even reject them, they may eveb end up remaining with the fulanis. For everyone's best interest, a Niger Delta Republic would mean we all presently in Niger Delta would continue living together though now independent. The Igbos are very hardworking and should survive on their own, pretty much. The Yorubas are intelligent and should survive too. So I believe everyone should be able to survive and even improve if they go separate ways, although I still believe a united South would be better.
Meanwhile, you seem to be a Christian, just like I am. Really sorry for mentioning your skull earlier

(1) (Reply)

Senate Screens APC Member, Lauretta Onochie And Five Others As INEC Commissioner / JUST IN: Bandits Kill 60 People In Zamfara / Nigerians Will ‘lead Bitcoin,’ Says Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.