Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,017 members, 7,956,771 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 06:33 PM

The North And West Failed Nigeria: Only Eastern Nigeria Can Save Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The North And West Failed Nigeria: Only Eastern Nigeria Can Save Nigeria (8582 Views)

APC Blast PDP:'A Party That Can't Even Spell Its Name Wants 2 Save Nigeria'(pics / Two Ministers That Can Save Nigeria. / Kaduna Refinery To Save Nigeria $5.33 Million Daily (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The North And West Failed Nigeria: Only Eastern Nigeria Can Save Nigeria by Justcash(m): 8:05am On May 04, 2011
It is said that to understand the present, one needs to go back to the past.

After Nigeria's independence, it was Easterners that believed more in one Nigeria that any other ethnic group. This was reflected in the posture of Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe, even when his peers; O. Awolowo, A. Bello and T. Balewa were busy playing ethnic politics. Till today, he is being called a fool by easterners and Nigerians from other regions for striving so hard for the unity of Nigeria instead of representing his region.

Before the civil war, Easterners moved in droves into other regions, due to their belief in one Nigeria. The other groups moved cautiously for fear of the unknown. Easterners took their families, and built their lives in those regions. KADUNA Nzeogwu is a product of one of such families. He was more Northern than Eastern. This must have played a big part in his decision to wipe out the ruling class, afterall, they were Nigerians like him. Instead of Nigerians from other regions to see it as a Nigerian issue, they turned it into an ethnic issue and attacked the Easterners that believed in one Nigeria, killing them enmass and reminding them that they don't belong to other regions. If they didn't belong to other regions, why then were they existing in one country with other regions? This betrayal was the reason for the struggle by Easterners to leave.

The war reflected the importance of the Eastern region as a uniting factor in Nigeria. The way other regions fought and died just to keep the Eastern region from leaving shows how much they wanted the Eastern region to be in the equation. If the Eastern region was not important, they would have left the region to go. They did not. After the war, the Eastern region was neglected, and made less influential in the political equation.

Within the period that the Eastern region was neglected, Nigeria deteriorated.  Everything crumbled in Nigeria. Though the North and Western region were in control of the political affairs of the country, Corruption rate rose, unemployment rate increased, More wealth created more poverty instead of progress, Infrastructures crumbled and Nigeria became a big "Shame" in Africa. The only place that Nigeria improved was in Sports were the Eastern region had a fair chance.

Yes, some Easterners served under the Northern and Western leaderships, but those Easterners were carefully chosen and made Northern and Western puppets. They only did what they were told to do, and were thrown out as soon as they tried to prove stubborn. That was the price of the civil war defeat.
The only time the Easterners had a chance to partake fairly in Nigeria's politics was in 1999, under O. Obasanjo. He gave Easterners a fair chance to run the government with him. The impact was instant.

The hitherto dead Central Bank of Nigeria became vibrant under an Easterner. The Economy of Nigeria regained some prestige from the debt cancellation embarked on by an easterner. The Telecom sector of Nigeria suddenly got 'updated" under an Easterner. The quality of health related products improved for Nigerians under another Easterner. The impact was really immediate. One would ask, where was L. Sanusi before C. Soludo? Why did it take an Eastern Finance minister to cancel the debt of Nigeria? I am not saying that other regions did not have intellectuals, but the political leadership of the North and West never gave them a chance. Their leaderships were characterized by blind ethnic politics than progress.

Of recent, Nigeria almost disintegrated. There were problems looming everywhere. These problems were violently contained by O. Obasanjo, but they increased as soon as the new Northern leader gradually went back to the old order by giving appointments based on ethnic affiliation than capability. Things were going from good to bad.

Obasanjo, who maintained firm grip of the political sphere of Nigeria noticed this and intervened. He got the opportunity to place an Easterner in the political leadership of Nigeria when the president fell ill. He succeeded with the unfortunate demise of the president. As soon as an Easterner got into power, all the problems subsided. This same Easterner was the one that brought militancy to a halt. He faced issues fairly and squarely, irrespective of ethnic affiliation. Why must it take an Easterner for everything to be fair? For the first time, the votes of Nigerians counted, and Nigerians now believe in Nigeria more than ever.

The neglect of Eastern Nigeria is the beginning of Nigeria's failure. An Easterner is in charge of electric power issues, watch what will happen in a few years to come. The long standing electric power issue will be solved. Why must it take an Easterner to solve it? If It was a Northerner that was in power, and the present CBN governor was an Easterner, he would have pushed him out for ethnic reasons. This was the reason why Soludo was pushed out and Sanusi was appointed to patronise the powers in Kano. Where was Sanusi before 1999?

I am not here to insult other regions, but they have proved to be incapable of giving Nigeria a progressive political representation. They must as a matter of urgency recognise the importance of Eastern Nigerians and try as much as possible to be fair in their political leadership for Nigeria to succeed.
MARK MY WORDS. NIGERIA WILL NEVER DISINTEGRATE UNDER AN EASTERNER. IT CAN ONLY DO SO UNDER A NORTHERNER OR WESTERNER.
THE TRUTH IS BITTER.
Re: The North And West Failed Nigeria: Only Eastern Nigeria Can Save Nigeria by hollandis(f): 8:18am On May 04, 2011
Its not without doubt that only the non westerners and northerners make nigeria thick.A combination of the richness of the south-south and business acumen of the south east is the reason nigeria is what it is today.Mark my words the most influential nigerians espexially as regards international politics are easterners.you don't see a northerner any where in the international scene ,the are just local champions.The only northerner ever to make it big was amos adamu who is a combination of yoruba and hausa,and let's not talk about how her was disgraced.A yoruba man will never play internatioal polityics because they can't win.Ibos on the other hand are everywhere -emeka anyaoku,okonji iweala ,dora who played a substantial part of their lives in international politcs,worls bank e.t.c.Ernest ndukwe ,mr teleconms is an ibo man ,I can go on and on mentioning the capability of an easterner but let me wait for more reactions
Re: The North And West Failed Nigeria: Only Eastern Nigeria Can Save Nigeria by EkoIle1: 8:35am On May 04, 2011
lmao. You clowns can not even save yourselves. You are so marginalized and shoved to the side that your only path to some warped salvation is in the hands of forces outside your borders via an incompetent ijaw man, you are so weak you can not even stand and hold your own, your isi ewu leaders are still clueless, dysfunctional and aimless,

You are still in the wilderness and according to GEJ your benefactor, you are to remain there till 2015 and after that wait for another 8 years or even forever because you people are so self destructive or will probably sell out again for peanuts ,

I mean, you need a whole lot of saving so try save yourself before even thinking about other people,

Insecure people,

suxs to be ibo for real,
Re: The North And West Failed Nigeria: Only Eastern Nigeria Can Save Nigeria by revomind(m): 8:37am On May 04, 2011
*yawns*
Re: The North And West Failed Nigeria: Only Eastern Nigeria Can Save Nigeria by jason123: 8:42am On May 04, 2011
Joker!!! *no offence* but so you "easterners south east" now want to start your own born to rule mentality? Something, the NC and the SW also fought for? and you think Nigeria will not disintegrate before you can say jack robinson
Re: The North And West Failed Nigeria: Only Eastern Nigeria Can Save Nigeria by Justcash(m): 8:48am On May 04, 2011
jason123:

Joker!!! *no offence* but so you "easterners south east" now want to start your own born to rule mentality? Something, the NC and the SW also fought for? and you think Nigeria will not disintegrate before you can say jack robinson

Wetin dey vex you na? When did Eastern Nigeria become South East? Prove my points wrong. Don't indulge in useless antics to deviate the topic. Didn't the Northern and Western political leadership ruin Nigeria?
Re: The North And West Failed Nigeria: Only Eastern Nigeria Can Save Nigeria by jason123: 8:56am On May 04, 2011
Justcash:

Wetin dey vex you na? When did Easterners become South East? Prove my points wrong. Don't indulge in useless antics to deviate the topic. Didn't the Northern and Western political leadership ruin Nigeria?
Bros, I no dey vex (hence, the no offence statement). The so called "East" or "West" or "North" was in the 1960's not now because if there is an "East" then there must be a "West" which includes Edo and Delta; and also a "North" which includes the NC. You see my point We are back to the 60's where ethnic politics will be the order of the day. We all collectively fought for it. The SE, SS, SW and NC. In fact, the NC took the most risk. Now my point is, if we fought HARD to stop Ethnic politics or "Born to rule" politics, why should we now do the same thing we forbid others to do We should we do the same thing that we/you condemn other for Hope you understand me . . . . .
Re: The North And West Failed Nigeria: Only Eastern Nigeria Can Save Nigeria by jason123: 8:58am On May 04, 2011
Justcash:

Wetin dey vex you na? When did Eastern Nigeria become South East? Prove my points wrong. Don't indulge in useless antics to deviate the topic. Didn't the Northern and Western political leadership ruin Nigeria?
No vex if I came a bit hard but that was the only way I could say it.
Re: The North And West Failed Nigeria: Only Eastern Nigeria Can Save Nigeria by seanet02: 9:09am On May 04, 2011
Jason why are you wasting your time on ibos? Ibos no get brain. They are desperate clowns who have lost the brighter part of the future due to their clueless and dubious nature. Depending on Gej to be a President is a clear symptom of Inefficient and aimless leaders they have. With your Isi ewu brain i dont see you ediots taking Nigeria beyond the massive importation of okrika, fake paracetamols, kidnapping, drug peddling and all this human eating ibos are known for. That ibos no get brain is an open truth. Omo Ajekuta ma mu Omi. Sir weres
Re: The North And West Failed Nigeria: Only Eastern Nigeria Can Save Nigeria by jason123: 9:14am On May 04, 2011
seanet02:

Jason why are you wasting your time on ibos? Ibos no get brain. They are desperate clowns who have lost the brighter part of the future due to their clueless and dubious nature. Depending on Gej to be a President is a clear symptom of Inefficient and aimless leaders they have. With your Isi ewu brain i dont see you ediots taking Nigeria beyond the massive importation of okrika, fake paracetamols, kidnapping, drug peddling and all this human eating ibos are known for. That ibos no get brain is an open truth. Omo Ajekuta ma mu Omi. Sir weres
Sorry, I do not engage in bigotry.
Re: The North And West Failed Nigeria: Only Eastern Nigeria Can Save Nigeria by Justcash(m): 9:15am On May 04, 2011
jason123:

Bros, I no dey vex (hence, the no offence statement). The so called "East" or "West" or "North" was in the 1960's not now because if there is an "East" then there must be a "West" which includes Edo and Delta; and also a "North" which includes the NC. You see my point We are back to the 60's where ethnic politics will be the order of the day. We all collectively fought for it. The SE, SS, SW and NC. In fact, the NC took the most risk. Now my point is, if we fought HARD to stop Ethnic politics or "Born to rule" politics, why should we now do the same thing we forbid others to do We should we do the same thing that we/you condemn other for Hope you understand me . . . . .

[b]My use of East is strictly on geographical basis. There are many ethnic groups in the present Eastern region of Nigeria. My point is that several improvements that Nigeria have experienced in the past few years have been as a result of the efforts of the Nigerians from the Eastern region. This, I attributed to the fair leadership nature of Easterners. Easterners believe in one Nigeria more than Nigerians from other regions. This has reflected in their style of Leadership and dispersion through out every region in Nigeria. Which group disperses more than the groups in the Eastern region?
The ethnic based nature of westerners and Northerners reflects in their leadership style. Unfortunately for Northerners and Westerners, salvaging Nigeria requires fair leadership, which Easterners can offer more.
Obasanjo is one of the most patriotic Nigerians alive. It took old age and some terrible experiences for him to think fairly and understand the bitter truth. He keeps saying that the best thing that can happen to Nigeria is Jonathan, for the sake of peace and unity. Do you think he really meant "Jonathan"?
Unfair leadership causes the negligence of qualified and capable individuals, which is the root cause of Nigeria's problems propagated by past leadership of the North and West. How else would Zoning and Federal character have gained prominence if not through tribalism?[/b]
Re: The North And West Failed Nigeria: Only Eastern Nigeria Can Save Nigeria by temmytanny(m): 9:16am On May 04, 2011
The Eastern nigeria save Nigeria? Who are they? Abia, Imo , Enugu, Anambra and co.
Who are your leaders? Orji, ohakim, chukwumerije, Elechi, Dora, Iwu, Chris Ubah and co.
What can they do to save us? Nothing cos they have no pedigree. All i hear about them is embezzlement and  oath taking .
I doubt if the so called West or North can give a chance cos they know they are cr, ks
Re: The North And West Failed Nigeria: Only Eastern Nigeria Can Save Nigeria by EkoIle1: 9:23am On May 04, 2011
temmytanny:

The Eastern nigeria save Nigeria? Who are they? Abia, Imo , Enugu, Anambra and co.
Who are your leaders? Orji, ohakim, chukwumerije, Elechi, Dora, Iwu, Chris Ubah and co.
What can they do to save us? Nothing cos they have no pedigree. All i hear about them is embezzlement and  oath taking .
I doubt if the so called West or North can give a chance cos they know they are cr, ks

I wonder o. lmao,

They want to save Nigerian , but they are the only people in Nigeria still bickering and fighting over election wey losers and winners in other parts of the country don move.
Re: The North And West Failed Nigeria: Only Eastern Nigeria Can Save Nigeria by jason123: 1:39pm On May 04, 2011
Justcash:

[b]My use of East is strictly on geographical basis. There are many ethnic groups in the present Eastern region of Nigeria. My point is that several improvements that Nigeria have experienced in the past few years have been as a result of the efforts of the Nigerians from the Eastern region. This, I attributed to the fair leadership nature of Easterners. Easterners believe in one Nigeria more than Nigerians from other regions. This has reflected in their style of Leadership and dispersion through out every region in Nigeria. Which group disperses more than the groups in the Eastern region?
The ethnic based nature of westerners and Northerners reflects in their leadership style. Unfortunately for Northerners and Westerners, salvaging Nigeria requires fair leadership, which Easterners can offer more.
Obasanjo is one of the most patriotic Nigerians alive. It took old age and some terrible experiences for him to think fairly and understand the bitter truth. He keeps saying that the best thing that can happen to Nigeria is Jonathan, for the sake of peace and unity. Do you think he really meant "Jonathan"?
Unfair leadership causes the negligence of qualified and capable individuals, which is the root cause of Nigeria's problems propagated by past leadership of the North and West. How else would Zoning and Federal character have gained prominence if not through tribalism?[/b]

Okay, if that is the case, why do Igbo leaders still want 2015 I mean, there are a lot more capable hands than an Igbo president. What about Fashola?? You see? Your argument smacks right back on your face because the same Igbo leaders will scream marginalisation. Please, do not get me wrong, I am for the most capable hands but your idea of castigating the North and West where the exact same thing is happening in the East and the SS even my state. Now, what about Orji?? Why have we not given the "power" to the Ngwas in Abia state You see?? Your logic of the "east" cannot simply work. Sorry.
Re: The North And West Failed Nigeria: Only Eastern Nigeria Can Save Nigeria by EzeUche2(m): 1:55pm On May 04, 2011
We all know who ruined Nigeria and it was not the East. The looting spree done by Northern and Western leaders has been appalling. Who stole billions of dollars from Nigeria? It was not a Eastern man or woman. However, I can name more than a few Northern and Western leaders who stole the wealth from the Niger Delta and continue to steal the wealth. If the wealth of that region was not stolen, you wouldn't have militants groups like MEND or the Egbesu boys operating within the region now would you.

Justcash, thank you for shining light on the corruption that has deteriorated Nigeria since the 70s. Nigeria was considered the hope Africa, when Igbos were at the helm of affairs. Now look at Nigeria, it is simply pathetic. And people continue to mock the Ndigbo, even though we are not the reason for their suffering. Look at the leaders since the 70s and see how corrupt Northern and Western officials were a part of those administrations.
Re: The North And West Failed Nigeria: Only Eastern Nigeria Can Save Nigeria by EzeUche2(m): 1:57pm On May 04, 2011
The greatest looters in Nigeria's history do not have Igbo names:

Olusegun Obasanjo
Sani Abacha
Ibrahim Babangida
Shehu Shagari
Atiku Abubakar
Re: The North And West Failed Nigeria: Only Eastern Nigeria Can Save Nigeria by seanet02: 3:53pm On May 04, 2011
You dey craze where kalu dey
Re: The North And West Failed Nigeria: Only Eastern Nigeria Can Save Nigeria by T9ksy(m): 4:20pm On May 04, 2011
What are I find befuddling, is WHY DO THE IGBOS WANT TO SAVE NIGERIA?

We ALL hate each other. The igbos hate the yorubas and we don’t like them either. As for the North, they can’t stand either one of us and the feeling is mutual. So why then are the igbos jumping hoops to save Nigeria?

In 1945 Northern Nigerians set upon Biafrans resident at Jos and massacred them. But the British Administration did not take the matter seriously and did not even conduct an inquiry into the gruesome episode.

In 1948, AIhaji Abubakar Tafawa Balwa then parliamentary leader of the Northern Peoples' Congress (NPC), guided by the forthcoming injunctions affirmed during a session of the Nigerian Legislative council thus:

“Since 1914 the British Government has been trying to make Nigeria into one country, But the Nigeria people themselves are historically different in their background, in their religious beliefs and customs and do not show themselves any sign of willingness to unite,  . . Nigerian unity is only the  British intention for the country”'

Similarly, in the same council during the budget session. Tafawa Balewa repeated in the same manner:

“Many (Nigerians) deceive themselves by thinking that Nigeria is one, , . . .particuIarly some of the press
people,. . This is wrong. I am sorry to say that this presence of unity is artificial and it ends outside this Chamber,  . The Southern tribes who are now pouring into the North in ever increasing numbers, and are more or less domiciled here do not mix with the Northern peopIe,. . and we in the North look upon them as invaders.

In 1953, again, Northern Nigerians with a "universally unexpected degree of violence", attacked and massacred Biafrans living in Kano. This time though, the British were constrained by the nature and degree of the holocaust to order an inquiry. The official Report, compiled by a British administrative officer, produced incontestable evidence of intention, deliberation and organisation on the part of the Northern Nigerian authorities.

Yet 7 years later, the igbos still chose to form a coalition govt as a junior partner to the same people who arbour such ingrained hatred for them. I wonder why. The answer wasn't far-fetched as during the 1st republic, the igbos moved to all nook and corners of the new nation marginalising the indigenes in the process. For instance, by 1964, of the four higher institutions of learning in Yorubaland - University of Ibadan, University of Lagos, University of Ife and Yaba College of Technology, the Igbo headed three.

What we saw then was what southern Cameroun saw earlier hence their decision in Feb.1 1961 to leave the newly independent federation of Nigeria and join instead the Republic of Cameroun, successor- state to the French mandate. One salient factor in this plebiscite was fear of Igbo domination in trade, education, public and private sector employment, politics and social life.

At any rate, the bottomline is we will never be ONE country. Eventually, this silly contraption will fall apart and the "nationalist" igbos will have no choice but to return to their "Land of the rising sun".

Fact is, no one wants anything to do with the igbos.

Re: The North And West Failed Nigeria: Only Eastern Nigeria Can Save Nigeria by chino11(m): 4:21pm On May 04, 2011
O di egwu.     With all the money the SW stole from this country, they still among the poorest regions in Nigeria trailing the almajiris up north. From akure to osogbo, to ibadn to eketi mud houses still exist in thousands in their various state capitals. When they want to dignified mud house and shanties, they it is ancient town. With all the education you guys claim to have acquired why can't you guys translate it  into economic power house and empower your people. dirty Yorubas
Re: The North And West Failed Nigeria: Only Eastern Nigeria Can Save Nigeria by Justcash(m): 4:55pm On May 04, 2011
jason123:

Okay, if that is the case, why do Igbo leaders still want 2015 [/b]I mean, there are a lot more capable hands than an Igbo president. [b]What about Fashola?? You see? Your argument smacks right back on your face because the same Igbo leaders will scream marginalisation. Please, do not get me wrong, I am for the most capable hands but your idea of castigating the North and West where the exact same thing is happening in the East and the SS even my state. Now, [b]what about Orji?? Why have we not given the "power" to the Ngwas in Abia state You see?? [/b]Your logic of the "east" cannot simply work. Sorry.
[b]Oh yes, I agree with you that Fashola is a capable hand. The question you should ask is can Tinubu allow him to be the president of Nigeria? Will Tinubu's selfish interest not over ride his sense of proper reasoning? Tinubu no go allow Fashola to be president when him never test am? Imagine how fast Tinubu rushed to present a Westerner as the vice presidential candidate of the last election, without even searching. Be truthful, was that guy truly the best candidate he could find? That is what I am talking about.]
Look at how Tinubu forced his wife and relatives on ACN, irrespective of the capability and qualification of other contestants?! Can such a thing happen in the East without being challenged? No way! Do you know why Soludo failed when he contested for the governorship position in Anambra state? It is because they tried to force him on the people of Anambra state.  All the ACN governors that are being celebrated in the south west were virtually handpicked by Tinubu. Even Fashola himself was handpicked by Tinubu. Where is the fairness? Are those handpicked ACN aspirants the best that could be gotten. That is what I am talking about. Nigeria cannot succeed that way.
Fashola only has a chance of becoming a president if he runs as an independent candidate or under PDP. Jonathan (An Easterner) will not mind handing over to him due to his competence and proven record. IT is only an Easterner that can willingly do that. That is why Westerners and Northerners think that we are fools, even though we show more urge to be fair and realistic.
Stop using Orji Uzor Kalu to make your point. He is a product of the Northern and Western hegemony. He is a puppet to the Northern Mafia. He is IBB's boy. Don't use him to make a point because he doesn't represent the ideal character of Easterners.  [/b]
Re: The North And West Failed Nigeria: Only Eastern Nigeria Can Save Nigeria by yemmight(m): 5:05pm On May 04, 2011
chino11:

O di egwu.     With all the money the SW stole from this country, they still among the poorest regions in Nigeria trailing the almajiris up north. From akure to osogbo, to ibadn to eketi mud houses still exist in thousands in their various state capitals. When they want to dignified mud house and shanties, they it is ancient town. With all the education you guys claim to have acquired why can't you guys translate it  into economic power house and empower your people. dirty Yorubas

Have u ever heard that any southwesterner woke up one day and will be willing to travel to the east to go and stay? Tufiapa.  Thts is an abomination.  In the whole of Nigeria, your region suffer more for lack of infractructural dev.  If Fed govt purposely neglected them, they have not taken any giant stride to develop themselves and you said my region is poor.  May be you leave in the moon.
Re: The North And West Failed Nigeria: Only Eastern Nigeria Can Save Nigeria by Justcash(m): 5:15pm On May 04, 2011
yemmight:

Have u ever heard that any southwesterner woke up Monday and will be willing to travel to the east to go and stay? Tufiapa.  Thts is an abomination.  In the whole of Nigeria, your region suffer more for lack of infractructural dev.  If Fed govt purposely neglected them, they have not taken any giant stride to develop them themselves and you said my region is poor.  May be you leave in the moon.

Do you truly believe that the Western region is more developed than the Eastern region? The Eastern region is way way ahead of the western region inspite of the unfortunate civil war that we suffered in. Count from Cross River to Delta, Rivers to Enugu, you will see that your western region is still way behind despite all the power you had to ensure better development.
The question is, WHAT DID THE WESTERN AND NORTHERN REGION DO WITH THE POLITICAL POWER THAT THEY HAD FOR MORE THAN 40 YEARS? HOW DID NIGERIA BECOME SO BACKWARDS UNDER THEM?
NO INSULT INTENDED, JUST BEING FACTUAL.
Re: The North And West Failed Nigeria: Only Eastern Nigeria Can Save Nigeria by Nobody: 5:24pm On May 04, 2011
Justcash:

Do you truly believe that the Western region is more developed than the Eastern region? The Eastern region is way way ahead of the western region inspite of the unfortunate civil war that we suffered in. Count from Cross River to Delta, Rivers to Enugu, you will see that your western region is still way behind despite all the power you had to ensure better development.
The question is, WHAT DID THE WESTERN AND NORTHERN REGION DO WITH THE POLITICAL POWER THAT THEY HAD FOR MORE THAN 40 YEARS? HOW DID NIGERIA BECOME SO BACKWARDS UNDER THEM?
NO INSULT INTENDED, JUST BEING FACTUAL.

I thought you people usually say ibos are the ones developing yorubaland after running from the evil spirits in iboland ? So how can SE be more developed than SW ?
Re: The North And West Failed Nigeria: Only Eastern Nigeria Can Save Nigeria by EzeUche2(m): 5:26pm On May 04, 2011
~Bluetooth:

I thought you people usually say ibos are the ones developing yorubaland after running from the evil spirits in iboland ? So how can SE be developed than SW ?

The SE is more developed than the SW. We Igbos have been to the SW, but the same cannot be said of the Yorubas. It is just more economic opportunities in one particular SW state and that is Lagos.
Re: The North And West Failed Nigeria: Only Eastern Nigeria Can Save Nigeria by Justcash(m): 5:37pm On May 04, 2011
~Bluetooth:

I thought you people usually say ibos are the ones developing yorubaland after running from the evil spirits in iboland ? So how can SE be more developed than SW ?

The Eastern region is not South East.  It is made up of states in the Eastern region. Cure yourself of your ethnic bigotry. May God help you before you run mad.
Just to add, yes, the developmental attribute of easterners is rubbing off on the Western region. The migration of Easterners is mainly to Lagos state. It is understandable giving the former status of the state as the capital of Nigeria. I wonder where the west would be without migrants and resources from Eastern Nigeria. Migration to the West is for more of business and competitive advantage due to the sea port and airport, which is part of benefits that accrued to the west  from the Western and Northern longterm political leadership. There is nothing beautiful or special about Western region.
Re: The North And West Failed Nigeria: Only Eastern Nigeria Can Save Nigeria by yemmight(m): 5:58pm On May 04, 2011
You guys just come here to come and console yourselves. East is more developed abi?
Re: The North And West Failed Nigeria: Only Eastern Nigeria Can Save Nigeria by jason123: 6:07pm On May 04, 2011
Justcash:

[b]Oh yes, I agree with you that Fashola is a capable hand. The question you should ask is can Tinubu allow him to be the president of Nigeria? Will Tinubu's selfish interest not over ride is sense of proper reasoning? Tinubu no go allow Fashola to be president when him never test am? Imagine how fast Tinubu rushed to present a Westerner as the vice presidential candidate of the last election, without even searching. Be truthful, was that guy truly the best candidate he could find? That is what I am talking about.]
Look at how Tinubu forced his wife and relatives on ACN, irrespective of the capability and qualification of other contestants?! Can such a thing happen in the East without being challenged? No way! Do you know why Soludo failed when he contested for the governorship position in Anambra state? It is because they tried to force him on the people of Anambra state.  All the ACN governors that are being celebrated in the south west were virtually handpicked by Tinubu. Even Fashola himself was handpicked by Tinubu. Where is the fairness? Are those handpicked ACN aspirants the best that could be gotten. That is what I am talking about. Nigeria cannot succeed that way.
Fashola only has a chance of becoming a president if he runs as an independent candidate or under PDP. Jonathan (An Easterner) will not mind handing over to him due to his competence and proven record. IT is only an Easterner that can willingly do that. That is why Westerners and Northerners think that we are fools, even though we show more urge to be fair and realistic.
Stop using Orji Uzor Kalu to make your point. He is a product of the Northern and Western hegemony. He is a puppet to the Northern Mafia. He is IBB's boy. Don't use him to make a point because he doesn't represent the ideal character of Easterners.  [/b]

My guy, you are not being honest with me and yourself. We cannot blame the North or the West for our STATE leaders, its simply nonsensical. Why didn't the Western  hegemony (OBJ) install his man in Ogun state Not until we are honest with our analysis, there will be no progress in Southern Nigeria (federalism or Not) or our individual republics (mine is clear  cool)

@Fashola
Tinubu cannot hold Fashola down and you know it. If you have lived in Lagos, you would have realised that Fashola could have gone to another party and still win Lagos state because of their sophistication (by both Yorubas,Igbo, Hausas and other ethnic groups). The problem we have is lack of honesty, if ACN have did well in ALL their respective states, then, why can't they produce Fashola as a candidate The only, I repeat, THE ONLY reason he will win is if Tribalism comes to play,hence, why I have been saying 2015 will be very very interesting because that year will question our very fundamental fears, desire and limit of sacrifice each group can endure for the Nation. The Hausa man will want to rule, the Igbo man believes it is his turn, the Yoruba man believe this is the time for massive development, the SS and NC votes will be split immensely and we will witness another "GREAT DIVIDE" in the shape of "Y".
As you can see and as I believe, most Igbos and "Easterners" want Biafra, right? Most Yorubas want Oduduwa with/without their Benin brothers. The SS is split, possible Edo and Itsekiris (hopefully Uhrobos and some Ijaws wink) will go with Oduduwa while the rest will probably go with Biafra.

The point of all this is, Firstly, Tinubu cannot stop Fashola. Only God and Fashola himself can stop Fashola.
Secondly, Igbo will surely want 2015, and in all fairness, I am not against that except the fact that southerners jettisoned zoning we now want to bring back zoning when it suits us.
Thridly, the Core-North will want power or atleast Sambo to continue after GEJ.
Finally, I want to ask a question and I need to to be honest seen I have been honest with you:
How do you now think the west is the cause for all the East woos?? Please believe me, those are very bad propagandas done by some south eastern leaders after the war. None of it is true.
Re: The North And West Failed Nigeria: Only Eastern Nigeria Can Save Nigeria by jason123: 6:08pm On May 04, 2011
Justcash:

The Eastern region is not South East.  It is made up of states in the Eastern region. Cure yourself of your ethnic bigotry. May God help you before you run mad.
Just to add, yes, the developmental attribute of easterners is rubbing off on the Western region. The migration of Easterners is mainly to Lagos state. It is understandable giving the former status of the state as the capital of Nigeria. I wonder where the west would be without migrants and resources from Eastern Nigeria. Migration to the West is for more of business and competitive advantage due to the sea port and airport, which is part of benefits that accrued to the west  from the Western and Northern longterm political leadership. There is nothing beautiful or special about Western region.

Please what states make up the "East" or "West"?? I really do not get that part.
Re: The North And West Failed Nigeria: Only Eastern Nigeria Can Save Nigeria by houvest: 6:33pm On May 04, 2011
EzeUche_:

The greatest looters in Nigeria's history do not have Igbo names:

Olusegun Obasanjo
Sani Abacha
Ibrahim Babangida
Shehu Shagari
Atiku Abubakar

I doubt that Shagari should be on that list. He was inept but not a looter. Folks around him like Umaru Dikko, Akinloye,etc did the looting. My opinion.
Re: The North And West Failed Nigeria: Only Eastern Nigeria Can Save Nigeria by Desola(f): 6:54pm On May 04, 2011
by T9ksy - Fact is, no one wants anything to do with the igbos.

FACT!!
Re: The North And West Failed Nigeria: Only Eastern Nigeria Can Save Nigeria by Desola(f): 6:56pm On May 04, 2011
Please what states make up the "East" or "West"??  I really do not get that part.

East - The okoros plus all oil producing states in the South South. grin

West - The yoruba speaking states and whoever else wishes to go with them.

That is how the Okoros see it. The Okoro do not want to Align with an Ijaw man or anyone else, they want to align with the oil, shikena!
Re: The North And West Failed Nigeria: Only Eastern Nigeria Can Save Nigeria by Afam4eva(m): 7:22pm On May 04, 2011
The failure of Igbos to take over the leadership of Nigeria is a failure of Nigeria as a whole. The ruling class believes that giving Igbos that leverage to take the matle of leadership will be suicidal because the present status quo will end and everything will be based on competence which will give Igbos that fair advantage. The fear of the east is the beginning of wisdom.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2019: The Few Worthy Candidates Are Not In The Leading Parties- Pastor Godman / Multiple Suicide Bombing Reported Around Muna Garage In Maiduguri / Yoruba States' Police, 'amotekun', Take Off (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 142
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.