Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,630 members, 7,816,595 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:41 PM

Whither Yar'adua? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Whither Yar'adua? (1008 Views)

Shehu Musa Yar'adua Entered Army 1959, How Did He Write Exam 1961 Na???? / Yar'adua's Brother,quits Military For Politics / Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whither Yar'adua? by Hsmpwise(m): 10:05pm On Jul 13, 2007
I have been following developments after the shambolic selection of President Yar'adua. It has been a couple of months now. Yar'adua has been making the right noises, though his silence during the last symbolic and rather routine labour strike raised a few eyebrows. To date, there has been little action from the man.
   Rumours have it that the man is "shaking" following the pending legal challenges instigated by the never-say-die duo of Buhari and Atiku. They say he is watching the scenario before launching and firmly asserting himself. Others say that it is all a lie. That the next 4 years would not be different from the previous years. That we are not yet out of the woods. They say it is another Shagari in the making.
   Personally, i believe that this government has not shown enough pragmatism. It has been rather docile, achieving nothing concrete so far. It's choice of ministers does not inspire zeal. This country is sick and needs a vibrant government. The people are suffering and corruption reeks to the highest heavens. But where conservatives like Obasanjo still control access to the corridor of power, never expect much. Obasanjo remains a part of the Nigerian problem.
    Let us accept this sober fact. We have simply demonstrated that we are incapable of ruling ourselves. Ours has been a failed attempt at nationhood. What separates us are far more than what unites us. The Nigerian experience remains a "mere geographical expression."
We cannot go on at this rate - this is a real shame.
    I have a proposal to make, ladies and gentleman. I believe the solution is to simply accept the inevitable. It would of course sound odd inviting the British to continue from where they let off. However, the United Nations seems to be a better alternative. This is apparently the only neutral body we can turn to now. Let us return Nigeria to the UN. Let this giant in the sun that failed to live up to its promise and potentials become a protectorate of the United Nations.  cry
    I am no less patriotic than the average Nigerian. I love my country and wish her well. However, i have no faith in this political process. It is the same old story. Old wine in new bottle. Scoundrels in power. Shame on the black race.
Re: Whither Yar'adua? by MILITIA(f): 10:17pm On Jul 13, 2007
You think it is easy to unravel what Mathew Aremu OBJ did in 8 years?  Do not forget that the Ota farmer and student is still ruling by extension of his 3rd term agenda.  The poor man's hands and legs are tied jare! sad Other governments killed Nigeria "physically" while OBJ killed Nigeria "spiritually"! You can perform CPR on a dead corpse and bring it back to life but how do you revive a dead spirit-----------especially when the head of the country OBJ is a dead spirit? embarassed
Re: Whither Yar'adua? by debosky(m): 10:30pm On Jul 13, 2007
madam militia enough of this negativity o haba!

Yar'adua may not have 'moved' as people expect, (I don't know why they were expecting that, he is a calculated mover who doesn't make noise) unlike his noisemaker predecessor, but so far has delivered on a few of his promises - asset declaration, resolving two strikes, and freeing Dokubo to cool things in the Delta a little. these are no small steps mind you, we know how long the Obj strikes went for and how many lives were usually lost to overzealous police acting on orders from 'above'.

Obj may think he is ruling, but do not mistake Yar'adua's seeming docility for weakness, we will see his actions very soon, once his ministers settle in.

Yar'adua's legs and hands aren't tied, he will emerge as a man of his own soon enough, watch and see.
Re: Whither Yar'adua? by vigasimple(m): 10:31pm On Jul 13, 2007
If you say shame on the black race, shame on you as you are also a black man

YOur proposal sound that of a defeatist.  UN is not a colonial power or organisation, we might as well be handed to 10 major countries or so that control the UN to colonise us.

Even those major countries can't agree on so many thing, how they will agree to rule Nigeria is a different proposition.

Nigeria and her problem is not unique, the facts that we are citizen make us feel it with more passion, there are lot of countries in the world worse than Nigeria.

Yar Aua so far has not give us confidence but you name alternative 4 persons that is capable of running the country who has any credibilty of clean hands other than Yar Adua etc.

AS for Bhuari and Atiku, they are non starter, they will discontinue their case in court or Tribunal, Atiku is a protege of Late Sheu Yar adua and Yar adua mum is Atiku's 'mum'.

Bhuari has not many credibilty left and the people of kastina state will rather have status quo with Yar Adua. Even the AC and ANPP will have some power sharing or defection, that is the end of it.

Something tells me that Yar Adua is overwhelm with what he has find out at Aso Rock and studying his move careful and may surprise everyone with his move.

At the end of the day, let us wait and see, the next 6 months is crucial, even I will have prefer to see him achieving some landmark in his first 100 days.

What ever the case maybe, colonialism of any kind will never solve our problem. You in partiular wil lose your freedom of speech.

There are less than 5000 people troubling 140 million people. I make that calculation just saying 100 people per state and if yar Adua were to compile their names and find a strategic way of dealing with them, the future is bright.

May God help and bless Nigeria and Nigerians at home and all over the world
Re: Whither Yar'adua? by MILITIA(f): 10:35pm On Jul 13, 2007
@Debosky!

Na wetin? Which negativity? You mean reality! Yes oh! I am waiting to see what he is "calculating"! Na so Ribadu rigmarole all over the place and come end up for dustbin! I am waiting oh! Long hissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!

@Vigasimple
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! This na no go area! You don buy market! grin
Re: Whither Yar'adua? by debosky(m): 10:44pm On Jul 13, 2007
which dusrtbin did Ribadu end up in? they've charged 2 of the guv'nors to court today, no be starting point be that? i don't know what some of y'all want at times, you are simply being negative. you're used to people making noise and not getting things done, all this is Babasanjo - hangover worrying una

Yar'adua WILL deliver, people trying to come up with reasons why he hasn't 'done anything' in 6 weeks (while resolving 2 strikes + kidnappings) when the national assembly just started sitting last week to approve ministers should just be patient, Pessimism is rife no doubt, and we are anxious to move on, but expecting miracles overnight is a tad unrealistic.
Re: Whither Yar'adua? by MILITIA(f): 11:30pm On Jul 13, 2007
debosky:

which dusrtbin did Ribadu end up in? they've charged 2 of the guv'nors to court today, no be starting point be that? i don't know what some of y'all want at times, you are simply being negative. you're used to people making noise and not getting things done, all this is Babasanjo - hangover worrying una

Yar'adua WILL deliver, people trying to come up with reasons why he hasn't 'done anything' in 6 weeks (while resolving 2 strikes + kidnappings) when the national assembly just started sitting last week to approve ministers should just be patient, Pessimism is rife no doubt, and we are anxious to move on, but expecting miracles overnight is a tad unrealistic.

When it is all over then we can expend energy on this topic.  Let us see what the "charges" will amount to!  How can you charge the rotten fins and gill of a fish without first charging the "rotten head and neck" of the fish?  So these are the ones that should be charged first?  What have they done that other governors, ministers, presidents, vice presidents and so on have not done in the past? 

They should charge them all equally and stop the bloody witch hunting jare!  Nonsense!  You left Ibori and Igbinedion and went for small fish like Kalu instead that did not do one-hundreth of what the others did?  I smell scape goatism in action!  Another "Tafa" parade to make some people look good! I beg go and sit down! You are not serious! What do I expect? Typical Naija logic!
Re: Whither Yar'adua? by angel101(f): 11:54pm On Jul 13, 2007
E don happen! Which round be this? grin

Seriously, i beg me I say NO to colonialism! how can anyone in this year 2007 even sugest that. I sincerely hope u are joking. grin
Re: Whither Yar'adua? by debosky(m): 11:57pm On Jul 13, 2007
who decides who should be charged first? Kalu is a 'small fish'? thats news to me, anyways I think I understand something about you now:

unless things are done in the way your OWN mind wants then nothing done is good right? I get your logic Militia, only you can be right then wink

You Win cool
Re: Whither Yar'adua? by MILITIA(f): 12:09am On Jul 14, 2007
debosky:

who decides who should be charged first? Kalu is a 'small fish'? thats news to me, anyways I think I understand something about you now:

unless things are done in the way your OWN mind wants then nothing done is good right? I get your logic Militia, only you can be right then wink

You Win cool

E don happen true true! Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee? Win Debosky for argument? Make I look outside make sure say world neva come to an end! grin Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Do you have a fever? tongue
Re: Whither Yar'adua? by MILITIA(f): 12:15am On Jul 14, 2007
@Debosky

That was too easy!  Things don my way ke?  Please OBJ and Kalu who is a bigger fish?  Let us leave IBB sef alone!  You left OBJ, Atiku, Anenih and co and you went to charge Kalu of "kpangolo" Abia state?  These were all OBJ's men so if you want to do real work you have tio start with him and his couriers. He he he he he he!  Please sleep well my friend!  It is not my way or no way.  It is a matter of Justice!  If you want to fight corruption, you start from the head not the toes! Haba!  Till today no head or tail of Alamayesiegha matter!  Mbadinuju nko?  Even with his alledged murder case?  Nigeria and Kangaroo courts!  Since you say I don win you make I rub am in! cool
Re: Whither Yar'adua? by debosky(m): 12:17am On Jul 14, 2007
one fine girl just call me for phone, so my brain no fit argue now, na toasting i dey work on wink

no worry i go ready for you later grin grin
Re: Whither Yar'adua? by superman(m): 10:59pm On Jul 14, 2007
na waaoo

we shall see

god bless nigeria

no shakin!

(1) (Reply)

Good News! As With Odi, Nig Armed Forces to Wipe Out Bastard Ijaw Kidnappers / BBC Reporting Sierra Leone Elections & EU Recommendations To Nigeria / The Agf's Policy Is Working !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.