Stats: 3,151,961 members, 7,814,255 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:59 AM

June 12: Lagos Police Says There Is No Sit-At-Home Order, Assures Safety - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / June 12: Lagos Police Says There Is No Sit-At-Home Order, Assures Safety (21693 Views)

Chaos In Mile 12, Lagos As Riot Breaks-Out Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes / No Sit-at-home During February Election - IPOB / No Sit-At-Home On Monday And Tuesday - IPOB (2) (3) (4)

June 12: Lagos Police Says There Is No Sit-At-Home Order, Assures Safety by Lanrelagboi: 9:38pm On Jun 11, 2021
POLICE PRESS RELEASE, LAGOS STATE COMMAND, DATED 11TH JUNE, 2021.

JUNE 12: LAGOS POLICE ASSURE RESIDENTS OF NORMAL COMMERCIAL ACTIVITIES, ORDERLINESS
*Debunk Rumour of Sit-at-Home Order*

The Lagos State Police Command has assured residents of Lagos State of adequate security of lives and property and orderliness in the state on Saturday 12th June, 2021, as against the news making waves that the state will be shut down for the June 12 Democracy Day Celebration.

The Command wishes to state categorically that normal commercial and social activities in the state stand on Saturday 12th June, 2021, as the Command is not aware of any planned protest neither is it aware of any curfew being imposed by the Lagos State Government to warrant any Sit-at-Home order to Lagos residents.

The command therefore urges members of the public to disregard any rumoured sit-at-home order or lock down of markets and total paralysis of economic and social activities in the state on June 12. It is a mere mischievous rumour and calculated attempt to create fears in the minds of Lagosians and disrupt peaceful atmosphere in Lagos State.

The Commissioner of Police, Lagos State, CP Hakeem Odumosu, therefore appeals to members of the public to go about their lawful businesses as the police and other security agencies have made necessary arrangements to maintain law and order across the state on 12th June, 2021 and beyond.

While the Commissioner of Police felicitates with Lagosians on the 2021June 12 Democracy Day, he however warns those who might want to hide under the Celebration or whatever disguise to foment troubles in the state, to steer clear of Lagos State as anyone caught engaging in any act capable of causing breakdown of law and order and jeopardising the security system of the state will be caused to face the full wrath of the law.

E-SIGNED

CSP OLUMUYIWA ADEJOBI (mnipr)
POLICE PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER
LAGOS STATE COMMAND
IKEJA-LAGOS
DATED 12TH JUNE, 2021
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10159111746801013&id=735776012

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: June 12: Lagos Police Says There Is No Sit-At-Home Order, Assures Safety by Monogamy: 9:39pm On Jun 11, 2021
Better.

Any gathering of more than 10 people should be rounded up tomorrow.

We will never allow End Sars like protest to repeat itself.

Adejobi is really good at PPRO job.. He did fantastically well in Ogun state

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: June 12: Lagos Police Says There Is No Sit-At-Home Order, Assures Safety by CalabarPikin: 9:46pm On Jun 11, 2021
Instead of aimless protest that will only lead to lost of more lives and properties, I'll advice my good people of Nigeria/UAR to kindly stay away from it.....let use the time instead to prepare our PVCs so we don't make same mistake again

I just hope and believe one day someone will do this song by Lucky Dube again

She got outside one morning
To see what' s going on
'Cause she heard all the noises
In the night, It' s a celebration
Even though she was old and grey
It didn't mean she was deaf and dumb
She looks one look at the man
Throws her hands in the air
And said God help us all
Too much power in one mans hands
Is dangerous
She has never tasted freedom
And all the things
We take for granted
Then she looked at me and said
Son, Is this the end of our suffering?
Is this freedom?
We have just witnessed the
Change of power from one fool
And liar to another
Our lives on the line again
She had lived through the wars
She didn't want to go through it all again
She has seen injustice
She has seen corruption
She has seen racism
And any other kind of suffering
You can think about
Then she said to me
Son, Is this the end of suffering?
Is this freedom?

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: June 12: Lagos Police Says There Is No Sit-At-Home Order, Assures Safety by NNFORUM(m): 9:46pm On Jun 11, 2021
No any form of INTIMIDATIONS can stop us tomorrow.

This level of insecurities has become so unbearable.

I can't imagine a government that doesn't provide jobs in the country saying the federal, state & local governments as an entity are totally filled then for that no vacancies at all there.

When they the so called leaders we have now were growing up was it like this?

A lot questions begging for answers on my head.

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: June 12: Lagos Police Says There Is No Sit-At-Home Order, Assures Safety by UstazAhmed(m): 9:46pm On Jun 11, 2021
We have a bunch of noise makers and election losers led by Sowore. Tomorrow will make them understand that Buhari is a retired General

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: June 12: Lagos Police Says There Is No Sit-At-Home Order, Assures Safety by MidaserveNG: 9:46pm On Jun 11, 2021
Secure your assets with cctv security cameras. Contact Midaserve NG for more info

Re: June 12: Lagos Police Says There Is No Sit-At-Home Order, Assures Safety by phonny22: 9:46pm On Jun 11, 2021
kiss

Re: June 12: Lagos Police Says There Is No Sit-At-Home Order, Assures Safety by AsawanaDgreat: 9:47pm On Jun 11, 2021
Hard working commissioner
Re: June 12: Lagos Police Says There Is No Sit-At-Home Order, Assures Safety by ImmaculateJOE(m): 9:47pm On Jun 11, 2021
Monogamy:
Better.

Helinues, abeg stop disturbing this cyberspace by repeating this content.
You are breaking rule 18th.

Anyways, Ndigbo should stay clear of this protest, na their wahala.
Its family issue cus Yoruba and Fulani are one

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: June 12: Lagos Police Says There Is No Sit-At-Home Order, Assures Safety by Nwaezeudo: 9:47pm On Jun 11, 2021
It will never be well with the Daura gworo chewing aboki for putting Nigerians through these untold pains. Thunder fire all his Zombies Worldwide!

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: June 12: Lagos Police Says There Is No Sit-At-Home Order, Assures Safety by praiseneo(m): 9:47pm On Jun 11, 2021
Na set up ooo
Rrrrrrrun oo grin

Re: June 12: Lagos Police Says There Is No Sit-At-Home Order, Assures Safety by AdolfHitlerxXx: 9:47pm On Jun 11, 2021

I trust Sanwo Olu. Any mumu flat head who misbehaves would be deported to Alaigbo.

Deporting them from Lagos is like God casting out Satan from Heaven.

See one of them that I personally flogged.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: June 12: Lagos Police Says There Is No Sit-At-Home Order, Assures Safety by RichDad1(m): 9:47pm On Jun 11, 2021
Do anyhow and see anyhow.
Any untrained children that might wants to cause unrest is Lagos will be dealt with decisively.

Re: June 12: Lagos Police Says There Is No Sit-At-Home Order, Assures Safety by Akwamkpuruamu: 9:47pm On Jun 11, 2021
My ipob brethren are wise and have better things to do tomorrow. Let Yorubas do their things if only Tinubu will allow them shaa

Re: June 12: Lagos Police Says There Is No Sit-At-Home Order, Assures Safety by sammirano: 9:47pm On Jun 11, 2021
Shoot any ipob forming endbadgovt

Re: June 12: Lagos Police Says There Is No Sit-At-Home Order, Assures Safety by RichDad1(m): 9:48pm On Jun 11, 2021
Nwaezeudo:
Useless country!
Just like your progenitors.

Re: June 12: Lagos Police Says There Is No Sit-At-Home Order, Assures Safety by Jackson105: 9:48pm On Jun 11, 2021
Akwamkpuruamu:
My ipob brethren are wise and have better things to do tomorrow. Let Yorubas do their things if only Tinubu will allow them shaa

To hell with them. No one need 5%

Re: June 12: Lagos Police Says There Is No Sit-At-Home Order, Assures Safety by biodun966(m): 9:48pm On Jun 11, 2021
Monogamy:
Better.

just that people like you in one of the problem of this NIGERIA

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: June 12: Lagos Police Says There Is No Sit-At-Home Order, Assures Safety by eneyoduke(m): 9:49pm On Jun 11, 2021
May we not experience such again

Re: June 12: Lagos Police Says There Is No Sit-At-Home Order, Assures Safety by Nobody: 9:49pm On Jun 11, 2021
Come out at your own risk.... e go hot !!!

Re: June 12: Lagos Police Says There Is No Sit-At-Home Order, Assures Safety by Chuka200: 9:49pm On Jun 11, 2021
Lanrelagboi:
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10159111746801013&id=735776012

It’s not protest is Yoruba nation Rally don’t get things mixed up
Re: June 12: Lagos Police Says There Is No Sit-At-Home Order, Assures Safety by Fabb326: 9:49pm On Jun 11, 2021
Guys be careful, this government have a plan

I just pray it goes out well tomorrow

Re: June 12: Lagos Police Says There Is No Sit-At-Home Order, Assures Safety by chidiebere2020(m): 9:49pm On Jun 11, 2021
Re: June 12: Lagos Police Says There Is No Sit-At-Home Order, Assures Safety by Moferere: 9:49pm On Jun 11, 2021
I am going out tomorrow & nothing will happen

Re: June 12: Lagos Police Says There Is No Sit-At-Home Order, Assures Safety by Sbor: 9:49pm On Jun 11, 2021
Still available...
Re: June 12: Lagos Police Says There Is No Sit-At-Home Order, Assures Safety by nanauju(f): 9:50pm On Jun 11, 2021
cry
Re: June 12: Lagos Police Says There Is No Sit-At-Home Order, Assures Safety by Elock1: 9:50pm On Jun 11, 2021
AdolfHitlerxXx:

I trust Sanwo Olu. Any mumu flat head who misbehaves would be deported to Alaigbo.

Deporting them from Lagos is like God casting out Satan from Heaven.

See one of them that I personally flogged.
I know you just want people to quote you.

Here I am
Wish granted!

Re: June 12: Lagos Police Says There Is No Sit-At-Home Order, Assures Safety by sugarfrank(m): 9:51pm On Jun 11, 2021
Fear fear police. They are already sweating under their sleeves praying that the protest shouldn't hold

Re: June 12: Lagos Police Says There Is No Sit-At-Home Order, Assures Safety by Afadarapelumi22: 9:51pm On Jun 11, 2021
Typing

Dikko Umar To Court: I Acquired N9.7 Billion Assets From My Travel Allowance / We Transfered Budget For Yacht To Student Loans - Reps / I Don’t See Myself As A Nigerian; I’m An A Enemy Of The State” – Asari Dokubo