Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,039 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:28 AM

Should He/she Take Their Deceased Partner Photo Down? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should He/she Take Their Deceased Partner Photo Down? (1329 Views)

She Says She Can Only Marry A Man With A Deceased Mum. / Which Is The Best Position To Sleep With Partner-Photo / Which Is The Best Way To Share A Bed With Your Partner???(photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should He/she Take Their Deceased Partner Photo Down? by aminalib(f): 11:10am On May 05, 2011
If you are dating or getting married to someone who had a deceased partner, How long before you ask them to take the pictures and momentos down? should you even ask? is it being insensitive?
Re: Should He/she Take Their Deceased Partner Photo Down? by ragdollz: 11:12am On May 05, 2011
aminalib:

If you are dating or getting married to someone who had a deceased partner, How long before you ask them to take the pictures and momentos down? should you even ask? is it being insensitive?

Like, before I get into the house!! Like, du'hh!! Up into the attic they go. Life is for the living ok!!
Re: Should He/she Take Their Deceased Partner Photo Down? by ThinTima(f): 11:20am On May 05, 2011
aminalib:

, and momentos down? should you even ask? is it being insensitive?
I think you meant mementoes, whatever sha should go,
Re: Should He/she Take Their Deceased Partner Photo Down? by InkedNerd(f): 11:21am On May 05, 2011
@OP: Hmmm, tricky question. I guess it depends on how long ago the partner or spouse passed away undecided. No, I don't think its insensitive to ask but I don't think you should just go up to them and say something like "Emeka, when will you take your dead wife's picture down?" You'd need to approach it in a careful manner.
Re: Should He/she Take Their Deceased Partner Photo Down? by BABE3: 11:24am On May 05, 2011
Inked_Nerd:

@OP: Hmmm, tricky question. I guess it depends on how long ago the partner or spouse passed away undecided. No, I don't think its insensitive to ask but I don't think you should just go up to them and say something like "Emeka, when will you take your dead wife's picture down?" You'd need to approach it in a careful manner.

lol--

@OP--The pishures will need to go down at a point in time, so you just have to find the best time and words. smiley
Re: Should He/she Take Their Deceased Partner Photo Down? by MrCork17: 11:33am On May 05, 2011
aminalib:

sweeeery. did your patner deseases? undecided
Re: Should He/she Take Their Deceased Partner Photo Down? by aminalib(f): 11:36am On May 05, 2011
ThinTima:

I think you meant mementoes, whatever sha should go,

ur right its not an english word rather an italian word meaning moment, carry on
Re: Should He/she Take Their Deceased Partner Photo Down? by Nobody: 1:04pm On May 05, 2011
@ inkerd
That's harsh mehn , and if she says that it would be insensitivy. A better way would be to say something like , ' our wedding picture will look great in that corner where maryann's picture is '. If he recently lost his wife she could give him a little time but if it's been like 2 years and over , she has to be subtle and diplomatic about it
Re: Should He/she Take Their Deceased Partner Photo Down? by InkedNerd(f): 1:08pm On May 05, 2011
apocalypse:

@ inkerd
That's harsh mehn , and if she says that it would be insensitivy. A better way would be to say something , ' our wedding picture will look great in that corner where maryann's picture is '. If he recently lost his wife she could give a little time but if it's been like 2 years and over , she has to be subtle and diplomatic about it

Smh, I didn't say that the OP or anyone else should say it like that. You misunderstood what I was trying to say. Go and re-read my comment. I would never suggest something like that.
Re: Should He/she Take Their Deceased Partner Photo Down? by Nobody: 1:21pm On May 05, 2011
@inkerd
I'm not saying you suggested so but I meant if any lady tells the husband that , actually some ladies will use that line , then she's insensitivy. I know you'll never say a thing like that cos you are much too cultured than that.
Re: Should He/she Take Their Deceased Partner Photo Down? by InkedNerd(f): 1:26pm On May 05, 2011
apocalypse:

@inkerd
I'm not saying you suggested so but I meant if any lady tells the husband that , actually some ladies will use that line , then she's insensitivy. I know you'll never say a thing like that cos you are much too cultured than that.

That would be a horrible way of going about it, especially if there are children involved shocked

When speaking of this matter, people need to try and take into consideration the feelings of the person since everyone copes with death differently. This question never crossed my mind until I saw this thread. When you talk to someone about it, you run the risk of offending them or perhaps sounding selfish undecided
Re: Should He/she Take Their Deceased Partner Photo Down? by iice(f): 3:51am On May 06, 2011
Depends on how long the person is deceased.
Personally not gonna bother much with it. Her pictures can be displayed along side ours. She was part of his life anyway.
If he still has hang-ups though, he shouldn't be remarrying yet.
Re: Should He/she Take Their Deceased Partner Photo Down? by Osama10(m): 3:57am On May 06, 2011
Difficult one though.I don't think its necessary you ask?
Re: Should He/she Take Their Deceased Partner Photo Down? by Zahnda(f): 4:14am On May 06, 2011
I'd prefer a widower to not attempt to date me while keeping a shrine, freaky. My first preference though would be to have the widower not attempt to date me, period.

(1) (Reply)

He Said I Love You / Voting In Romance Section Is Unfree And Unfair / The 6 Unthentic Ways To Win A Naija Babes Heart And Make Her Yours For Ever

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.