Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,939 members, 7,956,533 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 01:29 PM

Jonathan, Pdp Back David Mark For Senate President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan, Pdp Back David Mark For Senate President (1142 Views)

'Maku Has Betrayed Jonathan, PDP' – David Mark / Jonathan, PDP Under Fire Over Buhari ‘death Threat’ / Sokoto Youths Sweep Jonathan, PDP Leaders Out-of-state - Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan, Pdp Back David Mark For Senate President by Chyz2: 1:49am On May 06, 2011
Date Published: 05/05/11
[size=15pt]
Jonathan, PDP Back David Mark For Senate President
[/size]
, Akunyili, Chikwe, Ita Giwa lobby Jonathan for Ministerial slots
…Obasanjo pushes for his daughter, Iyabo

President Goodluck Jonathan and the top brass of the People's Democratic Party (PDP) may have endorsed incumbent senate president to continue as upper chamber helmsman.

Meanwhile, ex Information minister, Dora Akunyili, who lost her bid for a senate seat under APGA, Iyiola Omisore, who lost in Osun under PDP, former Ambassador to Ireland and ex Aviation minister, Kema Chikwe and former presidential aide, Florence Ita-Giwa, are currently using all available contacts to push for a slot in the new cabinet.

Former president, Olusegun Obasanjo is also angling to endure his vanquished daughter, Iyabo, nails a spot.

Pointblanknew.com sources at the presidential retreat in Obudu, Cross River State, hinted that the party also resolved to zone the Speaker's position to the south east.

The downside is, incumbent deputy senate president, Ike Ekeremadu, who is from Enugu, would have to relinquish his exalted position.
advertisement

However, Pointblanknews.com learnt that the arrangement is not cast in stone as the national caucus would have to ratify it.

The south west looks good to produce the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, while the North East picks the chairman.

It was however no clear which zone would fill the deputy senate president, and deputy speaker slots.

Pointblanknews.com sources hinted that the president and his men brainstormed all Tuesday and Wednesday night on how to compensate the south east for the overwhelming support during the presidential election.

On Mark, it was learnt that the president was advised to retain him for continuity, and also considering the fact that Jonathan was victorious in Benue, even though marginally.

Mark who has a committee working arduously for his return, has spent millions of naira on his return bid.

Frontliners for the Speaker's seat are Bethel Amadi, Arua Arunsi and Emeka Ihedioha.

The parliamentary caucus , made up of 43 legislators from the south east zone, rose from a crucial meeting on Wednesday and demanded that it would only accept the position of Speaker or Senate President.

Pointblanknews.com learnt that most of the PDP candidates who lost elections have intensified lobbying to secure relevance in the next cabinet.

Top sources hinted that Akunyili who lost to ACN's Chris Ngige and Chikwe who lost to APGA's Chris Ayanwun , and Omisore are also angling to be ministers.

It was learnt that Akunyili and Ita Giwa are using Mrs Patience Jonathan to prevail on the President who views Akunyili as ungrateful.

http://www.pointblanknews.com/News/os4892.html
Re: Jonathan, Pdp Back David Mark For Senate President by ektbear: 1:58am On May 06, 2011
Hmm. Guess I was wrong.
Re: Jonathan, Pdp Back David Mark For Senate President by Justcash(m): 2:01am On May 06, 2011
ekt_bear:

Hmm. Guess I was wrong.

Jonathan will surely be partisan, but very fair to every region and party that agrees to partake in his government. That, I am sure of.
Re: Jonathan, Pdp Back David Mark For Senate President by jason123: 2:03am On May 06, 2011
Justcash:

Jonathan will surely be partisan, but very fair to every region and party that agrees to partake in his government. That, I am sure of.
undecided
Re: Jonathan, Pdp Back David Mark For Senate President by Justcash(m): 2:04am On May 06, 2011
jason123:

undecided

Lol! Why?
Re: Jonathan, Pdp Back David Mark For Senate President by jason123: 2:08am On May 06, 2011
Justcash:

Lol! Why?
Bros, why should OUR president be partisan It just seems ridiculous because people from EVERY region voted for him. That is the problem when you start promising things just to win an election. Well, the point is I thought we were no longer in this "ZONING" thing. Its will we southerners only use zoning when it suits us and discard it when we no longer need it. The appointments should simply be based on merit, that is the only way we can move forward. I do not care if every position is owned by Northerners or whoever. Just get the job done, I hope you get me ?
Re: Jonathan, Pdp Back David Mark For Senate President by Justcash(m): 2:16am On May 06, 2011
jason123:

Bros, why should OUR president be partisan It just seems ridiculous because people from EVERY region voted for him. That is the problem when you start promising things just to win an election. Well, the point is I thought we were no longer in this "ZONING" thing. Its will we southerners only use zoning when it suits us and discard it when we no longer need it. The appointments should simply be based on merit, that is the only way we can move forward. I do not care if every position is owned by Northerners or whoever. Just get the job done, I hope you get me ?

Yup I get you. I think the only positions that may be politically influenced will be the house of assembly slots. Don't forget that there are Nigerians from every state, region and ethnic group in every party. PDP gat Nigerians from East, West, North and South. I also don't think that they will want to lose any of them. They will lose some of them if they deliberately marginalise any of them.
I support that ministerial appointments should be based on credibility, qualification, records and capability. I think GEJ will ensure that. It is very clear that if he fails to stimulate some meaningful developments, PDP will lose out in the next elections.
4 years is not as far as we think. A day after inauguration leaves 3 years + for their tenure. Support can change very fast. Ohakim's experience in Imo state is a good case study of a "From messiah to the devil" scenario
Re: Jonathan, Pdp Back David Mark For Senate President by Chyz2: 2:27am On May 06, 2011
OBJ is a fool. If the SW already showed that they don't want her because of her low average performance, why would he think that jonathan would accept a low performing hated person like her as a minister? If Jonathan does then he is a fool just like OBJ.
Re: Jonathan, Pdp Back David Mark For Senate President by jason123: 2:38am On May 06, 2011
Justcash:

Yup I get you. I think the only positions that may be politically influenced will be the house of assembly slots. Don't forget that there are Nigerians from every state, region and ethnic group in every party. PDP gat Nigerians from East, West, North and South. I also don't think that they will want to lose any of them. They will lose some of them if they deliberately marginalise any of them.
I support that ministerial appointments should be based on credibility, qualification, records and capability. I think GEJ will ensure that. It is very clear that if he fails to stimulate some meaningful developments, PDP will lose out in the next elections.
4 years is not as far as we think. A day after inauguration leaves 3 years + for their tenure. Support can change very fast. Ohakim's experience in Imo state is a good case study of a "From messiah to the devil" scenario

Okay, point taken. Just wanted to say my mind. Anyway, I like your idea of ministerial appointments on merits, at least!!
Re: Jonathan, Pdp Back David Mark For Senate President by koruji(m): 2:53am On May 06, 2011
Seeing the way BEAF is carrying on already, even before the swearing-in, I am predicting that you will come here to eat these words.

In reality, I hope, for the sake of the Nigerian people, to be the one that eats the above words.

Justcash:

Re: Jonathan, Pdp Back David Mark For Senate President by sbeezy8: 4:14am On May 06, 2011
Nice one say no to unity government ! Oyin omsore akunyili and iyabo are just rejects when will senator have shame! N0 UNITY GOVERMENT as for post its said chairman of the party are critical in where the presidency is zoned the ticket in pdp come 2015 look like the north is gonna get it
Re: Jonathan, Pdp Back David Mark For Senate President by doctorT(m): 4:16am On May 06, 2011
sbeezy8:

Nice one say no to unity government ! Oyin omsore akunyili and iyabo are just rejects when will senator have shame! N0 UNITY GOVERMENT as for post its said chairman of the party are critical in where the presidency is zoned the ticket in pdp come 2015 look like the north is gonna get it
^^^^ I am so sure, PDP will give the 2015 ticket to the North. SE might be the biggest loser in this govt if SW is given the Speaker.
Re: Jonathan, Pdp Back David Mark For Senate President by EzeUche2(m): 4:17am On May 06, 2011
doctorT:

^^^^ I am so sure, PDP will give the 2015 ticket to the North. SE might be the biggest loser in this govt if SW is given the Speaker.

SW is not even being considered for the speaker now.
Re: Jonathan, Pdp Back David Mark For Senate President by Rhino5dm: 4:23am On May 06, 2011
GEJ 2011-2019

[size=22pt]SAI SAMBO 2015/2019![/size]

say no to Igbo presidency. They are crooks by birth.
Re: Jonathan, Pdp Back David Mark For Senate President by sbeezy8: 4:35am On May 06, 2011
SW PDP are not gettin any speaker lol SE prolly is BUT 2015 is def going to the north its very evident! But ibo are expectin it kinda fukd up on GEJs part cause he knows in pdp north is larger than pdp south. SE asking for speaker is small they should be pressuring GEJ about STate creation or presidency if he's reall their guy. Out of the whole govt SE being speaker is the lowest position for a zone that supported GEJ its like settling for less out of fear
Re: Jonathan, Pdp Back David Mark For Senate President by Chyz2: 4:42am On May 06, 2011
sbeezy8:

SW PDP are not gettin any speaker lol SE prolly is BUT 2015 is def going to the north its very evident! But ibo are expectin it kinda fukd up on GEJs part cause he knows in pdp north is larger than pdp south. SE asking for speaker is small they should be pressuring GEJ about STate creation or presidency if he's reall their guy. Out of the whole govt SE being speaker is the lowest position for a zone that supported GEJ its like settling for less out of fear

Um, don't let your emotions reveal your complete stupidity. The Speaker is one of the MAJOR deciders when it comes to state creation and what communities get ceded into a particular state,fool. grin
Re: Jonathan, Pdp Back David Mark For Senate President by Beaf: 4:44am On May 06, 2011
koruji:

Seeing the way BEAF is carrying on already, even before the swearing-in, I am predicting that you will come here to eat these words.

In reality, I hope, for the sake of the Nigerian people, to be the one that eats the above words.

Abeg, allow me carry on as I wish jare! My grouse is with Tinubu and his fascism. It doesn't have any bearing on GEJ.
On the other hand, GEJ has demonstrated time and again that he is a fair player and a seeker of harmony. The concept of punishing the SW is terribly nonsensical. We are all Nigerians and the last time I looked, the SW voted for him by a landslide as well. Even if they hadn't voted for him, it would only mean he has to work harder to win the section over, its a democracy.
Re: Jonathan, Pdp Back David Mark For Senate President by yahyus(m): 4:49am On May 06, 2011
@Rhino, the north hates seeing SAMBO alive, we hate, we hate you, we hate you Namadi Sambo angry
Re: Jonathan, Pdp Back David Mark For Senate President by Rhino5dm: 5:09am On May 06, 2011
Slit your throat for all i care.
I hate you too and don't wanna see you alive.

Sambo is our president 2015.

BTW. You sound like those pathetic dimwits burning and blowing up things up north.

Murucin kan duste bai fito ba sai da ya shirya.

Zakaran da Allah you nufe shi da cara, ko ana muzuru ko ana shirwa sai ya yi.

Komin bakin cikin dan kaza ba ya iya daukar dan shirwa.

yahyus:

@Rhino, the north hates seeing SAMBO alive, we hate, we hate you, we hate you Namadi Sambo angry
Re: Jonathan, Pdp Back David Mark For Senate President by Chyz2: 5:17am On May 06, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

Slit your throat for all i care.
I hate you too and don't wanna see you alive.

Sambo is our president 2015.

BTW. You sound like those pathetic dimwits burning and blowing up things up north.

Murucin kan duste bai fito ba sai da ya shirya.

Zakaran da Allah you nufe shi da cara, ko ana muzuru ko ana shirwa sai ya yi.

Komin bakin cikin dan kaza ba ya iya daukar dan shirwa.

Ku na sanar da ku bayi ne a da Hausa. Ina son ganin mutane, tamkar. grin
Re: Jonathan, Pdp Back David Mark For Senate President by Rhino5dm: 5:27am On May 06, 2011
Your syntax is very poor.

Its either

Ina/kina/muna/suna sanar da ko/kai/su bayi ne da Hausa, Ina/kina/muna/suna son ganin mutane, tamkar haka.

Or

Muna sanar da ko bayi ne ga Hausawa, mu na son ganin mutane, tamkar haka.

First person and third person singular/plural is your problem.

Chyz*:

Ku na sanar da ku bayi ne a da Hausa. Ina son ganin mutane, tamkar. grin
Re: Jonathan, Pdp Back David Mark For Senate President by Nobody: 5:29am On May 06, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

Its either

Ina/muna/suna sanar da ko/kai/su bayi ne da Hausa, Ina/muna/suna son ganin mutane, tamkar haka.

Or

Which one are you?

Hausa or Yoruba? Just curious.

And they say Yorubas dont know other languages. hmm interesting kiss
Re: Jonathan, Pdp Back David Mark For Senate President by Chyz2: 5:30am On May 06, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

Its either

Ina/muna/suna sanar da ko/kai/su bayi ne da Hausa, Ina/muna/suna son ganin mutane, tamkar haka.

Or

As long as you understand, that's all that matters. grin
Re: Jonathan, Pdp Back David Mark For Senate President by Rhino5dm: 5:34am On May 06, 2011
omo Arigidi, Ikare, Ondo state ni mi.
Won kon bi mi si ile hausa ni.

Ileke-IdI:

Which one are you?

Hausa or Yoruba? Just curious.

And they say Yorubas dont know other languages. hmm interesting kiss
Re: Jonathan, Pdp Back David Mark For Senate President by Nobody: 5:39am On May 06, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

omo Arigidi, Ikare, Ondo state ni mi.
Won kon bi mi si ile hausa ni.

Oh really. Very interesting.
Aburo at'egbon ni a je si ara wa. Ekiti and Ondo.
Se o si wa nile hausa abi o ti kuro ni be?
Re: Jonathan, Pdp Back David Mark For Senate President by EzeUche2(m): 5:39am On May 06, 2011
So Rhino knows another language besides his mother tongue.

Maybe he is smarter than the way he acts. tongue
Re: Jonathan, Pdp Back David Mark For Senate President by Rhino5dm: 5:47am On May 06, 2011
Mo ti kuro nle Hausa. Mon se ise ni eko.
Mon gbadun Adaba FM ati Radio Ekiti tin ba lo ile.

Aburo mi, mon gba dun fa'aji yin gun o.

Iluwa o ji no si Ado Ekiti.

Ileke-IdI:

Oh really. Very interesting.
Aburo at'egbon ni a je si ara wa. Ekiti and Ondo.
Se o si wa nile hausa abi o ti kuro ni be?
Re: Jonathan, Pdp Back David Mark For Senate President by Nobody: 5:50am On May 06, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

Mo ti kuro nle Hausa. Mon se ise ni eko.
Mon gbadun Adaba FM ati Radio Ekiti tin ba lo ile.

Aburo mi, mon gba dun fa'aji yin gun o.

Iluwa o ji no si Ado Ekiti.

in  seun. i a omo ekiti nu un o.
Mi tii wa  orin Ekiti lori internet lati ojo yii, sugbon mi ke ri. (hope you understand ekiti, close to ondo. I'm trying to practice my dialect).

LOL I'm not really from Ado-Ekiti, but I rep.
Re: Jonathan, Pdp Back David Mark For Senate President by Rhino5dm: 5:58am On May 06, 2011
I can actually pick along conversation.

Iam doing pretty bad on average scale.

Ileke-IdI:

in  seun. i a omo ekiti nu un o.
Mi tii wa  orin Ekiti lori internet lati ojo yii, sugbon mi ke ri. (hope you understand ekiti, close to ondo. I'm trying to practice my dialect).

LOL I'm not really from Ado-Ekiti, but I rep.

Re: Jonathan, Pdp Back David Mark For Senate President by desgiezd(m): 6:00am On May 06, 2011
It seems we are back to doing things the old and profitless ways. I was expecting Jonathan to fill his cabinet with technocrats who are largely apolitical and would go in there and do the job. The names on parade here are so discouraging - imagine Iyabo Obasanjo-Bello, Kema Chikwe, Ita Giwa, Akunyili, who just resigned from PDP, now dancing back into the fold like a yoyo. Even Omisore, as if ministreial jobs are for killers!
Re: Jonathan, Pdp Back David Mark For Senate President by seanet02: 6:05am On May 06, 2011
Ongodongo agajenge agajanga baga wongo nigi wongo sege wanga. Igilegenke igidingi igiyangawogowongo tegemingi nigi sogogbongo magajenge kegemigi rigienge nigibenge. Hope either ileke or rhino understand this

(1) (Reply)

Ekiti: Segun Oni Embezzled N5.41bn, / U.s. Companies Race To Catch Up In Africa / Explosive Discovered At Ogun State Assembly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.