Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,832 members, 7,817,432 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:15 PM

Floods At Akowonjo Road, Jimoh Bus Stop After Little Rain (Pictures) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Floods At Akowonjo Road, Jimoh Bus Stop After Little Rain (Pictures) (60047 Views)

Floods At Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos / Floods At Lekki Phase I: The Aftermath Of The Heavy Rain On Friday (Pictures) / Floods At 3rd Mainland Bridge, Oworo Estate (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Floods At Akowonjo Road, Jimoh Bus Stop After Little Rain (Pictures) by Lanretoye(m): 10:20am On Jun 19, 2021
FarahAideed:

You people always want to sound like VI one properly planned place
not that but i need u to understand that no governor or senator lives in that area so it doesnt affect them directly.have you seen some estates with their personal road networks drainage systems,electricity provisions and even security arrangements.they know what is best for them and they dont want to wait endlessly for the government.
Re: Floods At Akowonjo Road, Jimoh Bus Stop After Little Rain (Pictures) by Rugaria: 10:26am On Jun 19, 2021
Monogamy:
Most of the drainages have been blocked by refuse hence the water will always stay around after raining.

Before blaming the local government chairman, blame the people that are disposing their waste into the gutter..

Na to use boat... grin

Primitive thinking!
You provided adequate refuse evacuation system and applied adequate punitive laws on offenders and yet the people persist to stuff their gutters because they are pigs, right?

1 Like

Re: Floods At Akowonjo Road, Jimoh Bus Stop After Little Rain (Pictures) by pricklewane: 10:53am On Jun 19, 2021
But he can no point out what is wrong with his own immediately ?! Doesn't that prove that your ig os are doomed till eternity. Always able to see wrong in others but can see the diasater of disadter your father n mother brought u into.

aycapri:
try calm down, he just pointed out one of the abnormalities the country is facing but If you think what he did doesn’t make sense then something is wrong somewhere.
Re: Floods At Akowonjo Road, Jimoh Bus Stop After Little Rain (Pictures) by Voy(m): 10:58am On Jun 19, 2021
pricklewane:
But he can no point out what is wrong with his own immediately ?! Doesn't that prove that your ig os are doomed till eternity. Always able to see wrong in others but can see the diasater of disadter your father n mother brought u into.

Noooooo! face me riffraff… an id!ot frm a doomed gen capping careless, English u no sabi write

I am Igbo and I ain’t here to talk abt tribes u stup!d tribalist
Dat same Lagos wey u dey so, I get same right as ur fanatic self
FYI i was born in SHOMOLU, my whole life evolved in lasgidi until I left Nigeria

So b4 u were born, I was already a baller in Lagos plus I can tell ur age frm ur careless caps slowpoke

1-2 bro

2 Likes

Re: Floods At Akowonjo Road, Jimoh Bus Stop After Little Rain (Pictures) by Tepidir: 1:18pm On Jun 19, 2021
Oh wow
Re: Floods At Akowonjo Road, Jimoh Bus Stop After Little Rain (Pictures) by shesawesome(f): 1:18pm On Jun 19, 2021
Voy:
What This Little Rain Caused This Morning

This is somewhere around Akowonjo rd, Jimoh bus stop to be precise.

It has been like this since time immemorial yet u say y’all have a working govt??

And I heard alimosho local govt chairman is the best LG chairman in Lagos

How!!!
I gave up on Nigeria a long time ago

1 Like

Re: Floods At Akowonjo Road, Jimoh Bus Stop After Little Rain (Pictures) by psalmz(m): 1:20pm On Jun 19, 2021
They blocked a drainage all in the name of fixing the road at vulcanizer Bustop

2 Likes

Re: Floods At Akowonjo Road, Jimoh Bus Stop After Little Rain (Pictures) by Coldshisha: 1:21pm On Jun 19, 2021
Simple maintanance of drainage they are waiting for Government
Re: Floods At Akowonjo Road, Jimoh Bus Stop After Little Rain (Pictures) by mrkings84(m): 1:22pm On Jun 19, 2021
ITS A LIE. THIS IS NOT LAGOS, THIS ABA IN ABIA
Re: Floods At Akowonjo Road, Jimoh Bus Stop After Little Rain (Pictures) by lastchild: 1:22pm On Jun 19, 2021
gutter no dey that street?
Re: Floods At Akowonjo Road, Jimoh Bus Stop After Little Rain (Pictures) by kolaby1: 1:23pm On Jun 19, 2021
Re: Floods At Akowonjo Road, Jimoh Bus Stop After Little Rain (Pictures) by Freelane33(m): 1:23pm On Jun 19, 2021
WATIMAGBOOO
Re: Floods At Akowonjo Road, Jimoh Bus Stop After Little Rain (Pictures) by FBIBOT(m): 1:23pm On Jun 19, 2021
Little rain? If heavy rain fall now occur nko? grin
Re: Floods At Akowonjo Road, Jimoh Bus Stop After Little Rain (Pictures) by zoedew: 1:23pm On Jun 19, 2021
Voy:

It has been like this since time immemorial yet u say y’all have a working govt??

And I heard alimosho local govt chairman is the best LG chairman in Lagos

How!!!
Deceit Plus!
Re: Floods At Akowonjo Road, Jimoh Bus Stop After Little Rain (Pictures) by oloriooko(m): 1:23pm On Jun 19, 2021
It's not about the volume of precipitation but the indiscipline act of dumping refuse in drainages
This is the result of such despicable act which is common in Lagos

2 Likes

Re: Floods At Akowonjo Road, Jimoh Bus Stop After Little Rain (Pictures) by NacoAba: 1:24pm On Jun 19, 2021
Take it easy, you are not fighting, drop your comment and move, don't turn it to tribal topic.

pricklewane:
Carry your papa make the 2 of una go clear gutter. N stop coming to NL to rant like lunatic. If your father is tired of water in Lagos he should go back to your foolish village or simple head to hell fire with your entire household.

Re: Floods At Akowonjo Road, Jimoh Bus Stop After Little Rain (Pictures) by Hezmatosky: 1:26pm On Jun 19, 2021
Not a true story OP undecided notin like dat
Re: Floods At Akowonjo Road, Jimoh Bus Stop After Little Rain (Pictures) by masakk(m): 1:26pm On Jun 19, 2021
a whole Lagos with all the hype
Re: Floods At Akowonjo Road, Jimoh Bus Stop After Little Rain (Pictures) by Pathway2Gold: 1:28pm On Jun 19, 2021
Small rain, big flood. This is the story of Lagos. God help us.

Pls read this our article on why Crypto is Inevitable
https://www.facebook.com/103036562026173/posts/105569405106222/?app=fbl
Re: Floods At Akowonjo Road, Jimoh Bus Stop After Little Rain (Pictures) by Afodot0022(m): 1:28pm On Jun 19, 2021
I stay within this environ and its always a challenge when little rain drops. It looks like a river and cause so much havoc. I cant just imagine what the area will look like when heavy rain drops for days. It will be so devastating. Am talking about akowonjo jimoh bustop and miccom bustop Alimosho. Pls Local govt of this vicinity should try and resolve this issue as the way things is going, that area will soon become an ocean if care is not taken. Governor sanwolu, over to you.

3 Likes

Re: Floods At Akowonjo Road, Jimoh Bus Stop After Little Rain (Pictures) by Skillsnigeria: 1:28pm On Jun 19, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Floods At Akowonjo Road, Jimoh Bus Stop After Little Rain (Pictures) by naija1stnigar(m): 1:28pm On Jun 19, 2021
The earlier we respect the authority of free flowing water the better it will always be for our environment, but come on is the govt that has not in any way respected the authority of it's citizens that will respect that of free flowing water Las Las na poor man go loose!
Re: Floods At Akowonjo Road, Jimoh Bus Stop After Little Rain (Pictures) by Lordswat(m): 1:28pm On Jun 19, 2021
I would really love to see to the end of this
Una carry matter for head like this
Voy:
Noooooo! face me riffraff… an id!ot frm a doomed gen capping careless, English u no sabi write

I am Igbo and I ain’t here to talk abt tribes u stup!d tribalist
Dat same Lagos wey u dey so, I get same right as ur fanatic self
FYI i was born in SHOMOLU, my whole life evolved in lasgidi until I left Nigeria

So b4 u were born, I was already a baller in Lagos plus I can tell ur age frm ur careless caps slowpoke

1-2 bro

1 Like

Re: Floods At Akowonjo Road, Jimoh Bus Stop After Little Rain (Pictures) by perryy(m): 1:29pm On Jun 19, 2021
Lagos, biggest slum in the world
Re: Floods At Akowonjo Road, Jimoh Bus Stop After Little Rain (Pictures) by naija1stnigar(m): 1:29pm On Jun 19, 2021
The earlier we respect the authority of free flowing water the better it will always be for our environment, but come o is it the govt that has not in any way respected the authority of it's citizens that will respect that of free flowing water Las Las na poor man go loose!
Re: Floods At Akowonjo Road, Jimoh Bus Stop After Little Rain (Pictures) by Yampotatocarrot(m): 1:31pm On Jun 19, 2021
Voy:

And I heard alimosho local govt chairman is the best LG chairman in Lagos ??
How!!!

Alimosho chairman best in Lagos ke... Where did you put Johnson Babatunde of Orile Agege. Abeg, if na joke stop am o

I pass Alimosho constantly while heading home, it's nothing to write home about abeg
Re: Floods At Akowonjo Road, Jimoh Bus Stop After Little Rain (Pictures) by CaptainFM1: 1:32pm On Jun 19, 2021
I like rain. It always expose bad systems. If you want to buy/rent land or property anywhere, make sure you buy during raining season.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Official Cost Of Obtaining A Nigerian Passport And Other Related Issues / My Brother And His Family Were Sent Down From The Plane To US / Rats Hanging From The Ceiling At Murtala Muhammed Airport Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.