Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,134 members, 7,818,414 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:51 PM

Governor Godwin Obaseki's Official Car Sank On A Road In Edo State! (Pictures) - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Godwin Obaseki's Official Car Sank On A Road In Edo State! (Pictures) (89517 Views)

Innoson Customized Anambra Deputy Governor Official Car / Babajide Sanwo-olu Will Use Armoured Range Rover Sentinel SUV As Official Car / The Official Car Of The NANS President That Costs 19 Million Naira: A Review (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Godwin Obaseki's Official Car Sank On A Road In Edo State! (Pictures) by Ikinternational: 8:05pm On Jun 19, 2021
The sentiments in this thread is funny. All because the man switched parties.

As if everybody don't have similar issues in their state.

Lagos no get flooding issues again abi

Liars
Re: Governor Godwin Obaseki's Official Car Sank On A Road In Edo State! (Pictures) by IAMPEDRO: 8:21pm On Jun 19, 2021
danilmo:

Ok so which one did he do last and wen??
I don't know about roads.
However, he is trying, 2016 he came up with Edojobs, where some kinds of skills are taught and in 2018 he came up with Edobest a programme design to deliver basic education for the Edo Indigenes. Our Executive Governor is aware of the impact of basic education.
#OBAGHATOPKERE!
Re: Governor Godwin Obaseki's Official Car Sank On A Road In Edo State! (Pictures) by Blackdisciple(m): 8:25pm On Jun 19, 2021
Naso na..
They always think nothing will take them to such places , but they forgot this is Nigeria...

Fix your ends and it shall be useful to you.
Re: Governor Godwin Obaseki's Official Car Sank On A Road In Edo State! (Pictures) by Cherez: 8:29pm On Jun 19, 2021
faebenezer5star:
If you do good kingdom
Hahahahhahahhahahahhaaaa
Una no well for this country I swear
I mean how did you conjure this song now?
O ooo
If you do bad, sinking
O.....o......o.........o sinking waiting for you
This should happen to Obiano & Ikpeazu too

1 Like

Re: Governor Godwin Obaseki's Official Car Sank On A Road In Edo State! (Pictures) by sevenhundred(m): 8:34pm On Jun 19, 2021
heniford2:
is that place not his territory is that place not his state was he elected to fix some road and leave others why are we supporting stupidity why is Black man stupid to think why is benin state not asking questions why dika why
can he fix all roads at the same time?
Re: Governor Godwin Obaseki's Official Car Sank On A Road In Edo State! (Pictures) by Panda7(m): 8:41pm On Jun 19, 2021
what a show of shame
Re: Governor Godwin Obaseki's Official Car Sank On A Road In Edo State! (Pictures) by omanzo02: 8:51pm On Jun 19, 2021
Bola146:

Muddy water and clay soil grin
Result of years of stealing development funds with reckless abandon, though from the sky Benin is a big city with some good road network plan and its ancient allure is very visible.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Godwin Obaseki's Official Car Sank On A Road In Edo State! (Pictures) by CsRockefeller(m): 9:04pm On Jun 19, 2021
DropsMic:

O oo kingdom waiting for you.

Una no well for Nairaland. grin

1 Like

Re: Governor Godwin Obaseki's Official Car Sank On A Road In Edo State! (Pictures) by Odidigboigbo(m): 9:20pm On Jun 19, 2021
theophilusj31:
Vote better person then say Edo nor be Lagos.......true true Edo nor be Lagos,why Sanwo olu is commissioning projects every week,ObaseKILL day cause wahala for there
There are worst roads than that one in Lagos. Go to Abule, Igegun, Igondun/Ikotun, Shasha, Maya in Ikorodu, etc and see their roads. They are far worst than that. Even Ajah/ Epe axis more than 70% of the roads over there are not tared and unmotorable after rainfall.
Re: Governor Godwin Obaseki's Official Car Sank On A Road In Edo State! (Pictures) by promzy555(m): 9:27pm On Jun 19, 2021
Wake and see
Re: Governor Godwin Obaseki's Official Car Sank On A Road In Edo State! (Pictures) by danilmo: 9:36pm On Jun 19, 2021
IAMPEDRO:
However, he is trying, 2016 he came up with Edojobs, where some kinds of skills are taught and in 2018 he came up with Edobest a programme design to deliver basic education for the Edo Indigenes. Our Executive Governor is aware of the impact of basic education.
#OBAGHATOPKERE!
Don't you feel ashamed this is what u remembered abt him? All this program are done in Lagos on weekly bases now.. can u imagine.. ok, it is my Ondo state governor that is not aware of impact of education na. Last employment into education was 2000 as at 3 month ago and that's not part of his 100 project for 100 days in office o.

Or is Aketi not his mate?? Reelected same day??

1 Like

Re: Governor Godwin Obaseki's Official Car Sank On A Road In Edo State! (Pictures) by Kirkman: 10:16pm On Jun 19, 2021
nativedoctor:
From the amount of dirt on that vehicle. I think the driver is inexperienced in off road driving. He might be an expert in manouvers and defensive driving but off roading is a different kettle of fish.
For a driver to sink a Lexus lx570 loaded with all the off road bells and whistles is a marvel . Simply engaging the crawl control and just controlling the steering is enough to get this truck out
They need to fire that driver for not enhancing the full capabilities of that vehicle.
Re: Governor Godwin Obaseki's Official Car Sank On A Road In Edo State! (Pictures) by PrinceJoeWan(m): 11:01pm On Jun 19, 2021
Now you know

Bekermann:

Lol. I used to think it was Roman kingdom. cry cry
Re: Governor Godwin Obaseki's Official Car Sank On A Road In Edo State! (Pictures) by do4luv14(m): 11:05pm On Jun 19, 2021
providencia:

If you do bad grin

No more kingdom,

1 Like

Re: Governor Godwin Obaseki's Official Car Sank On A Road In Edo State! (Pictures) by Deadlytruth(m): 4:43am On Jun 20, 2021
Idiko1:

This governor should be given credit. He has the gut to go to the rural areas where the dirt tracks remain the main roads. Does the picture show the village is part of Benin City Capital territory Area? Most governors in Nigeria will not even think of a visit to such village talk less make an attempt.

If the bolded is a criterion for good governance then Edo State people would have been worshipping Lucky Igbinedion forever as the best governor in the history of the state contrary to the real perception that he was a plague that befell the State. Lucky Igbinedion's records of visiting terribly bad rods and heavily flooded areas in Edo State and even getting out of his official car to walk right inside the flood barefooted is not likely to be ever surpassed by any future governor of the state. But once after such visit, that was the end of all you would hear about that road or flooded area.

1 Like

Re: Governor Godwin Obaseki's Official Car Sank On A Road In Edo State! (Pictures) by Deadlytruth(m): 5:25am On Jun 20, 2021
Ikinternational:
The sentiments in this thread is funny. All because the man switched parties.

As if everybody don't have similar issues in their state.

Lagos no get flooding issues again abi

Liars
This is not about sentiments on switching of parties but about the strange abnormalities being perpetrated in the name of fighting godfathers even within the party he switched to.
Are you aware that there has been no cabinet in place in Edo State for the past 8 months and still counting? Can you mention any other state being run without a cabinet but by only the governor, deputy and Secretary to the state government in the name disagreement about sharing formula between the old and new members of the party? Where else is such happening? He claims he wants to hand the state's civil service to consultants/professional yet there are no commissioners in place to assess the qualification of the professionals and consultants at the point of recruitment. In fact what other professionals/consultants can there be aside the permanent secretaries already existing in the ministries? Then he is presently talking of building an airport in Edo-North Senatorial District when the one in Benin City (Edo-South Senatorial District and the economic nerve center of the state) records less than five flights per day if I am not even being too generous with figures. Meanwhile the Gelegele Sea Port promise he made in his 2016 campaign is now on voicemail. Same with other bogus promises like one industrial park per Senatorial District, full development of the tourism potentials of the state, etc. It is getting clearer each day that Edo State people fell for a huge scam both in the 2016 and 2020 guber elections.

1 Like

Re: Governor Godwin Obaseki's Official Car Sank On A Road In Edo State! (Pictures) by davidadenrele: 5:27am On Jun 20, 2021
donphilopus:

That's a village in Esan land not Benin City.

See layman excuse "That's a village in Esan not Benin City, is Esan not in Edo State?? come up with another excuse??

1 Like

Re: Governor Godwin Obaseki's Official Car Sank On A Road In Edo State! (Pictures) by Deadlytruth(m): 5:38am On Jun 20, 2021
IAMPEDRO:
#OBAGHATOPKERE!

Most secondary schools in Edo State are now being practically run by their alumni associations or the natives of their host communities who levy themselves to recruit teachers and pay their salaries all due to acute shortage of teachers in the schools courtesy of the state government's refusal to employ new teachers at least for the past eight years. I myself belong to my school alumni association in which each member contributes N1,000 monthly to pay the six additional teachers and two security men we employed for the school in addition to the seven that the school of over 1,000 students had before our intervention, so what then is the essence of EDOBEST?

3 Likes

Re: Governor Godwin Obaseki's Official Car Sank On A Road In Edo State! (Pictures) by jude79(m): 7:24am On Jun 20, 2021
Didn't know Edo is also red mud republic like the southeast, some people right now shocked
Me: angry lipsrsealed wink
Re: Governor Godwin Obaseki's Official Car Sank On A Road In Edo State! (Pictures) by Pedyson: 7:58am On Jun 20, 2021
Name where u served...
Bola146:
I served in Benin, I hate that place during raining season lipsrsealed
Re: Governor Godwin Obaseki's Official Car Sank On A Road In Edo State! (Pictures) by Pedyson: 8:00am On Jun 20, 2021
Nor mind those talking trash here
donphilopus:

That's a village in Esan land not Benin City.

1 Like

Re: Governor Godwin Obaseki's Official Car Sank On A Road In Edo State! (Pictures) by Bola146(f): 8:56am On Jun 20, 2021
Pedyson:
Name where u served...

University of Benin
Re: Governor Godwin Obaseki's Official Car Sank On A Road In Edo State! (Pictures) by Deadlytruth(m): 11:11am On Jun 20, 2021
jude79:
Didn't know Edo is also red mud republic like the southeast, some people right now shocked
Me: angry lipsrsealed wink

Edo State cuts across at least four vegetation belts of Nigeria, namely: the mangrove swamp, the tropical rainforest (Which is the red soil region), the montane belt and the Guinea Savannah which is of whitish soil and rich in solid minerals and granite.

1 Like

Re: Governor Godwin Obaseki's Official Car Sank On A Road In Edo State! (Pictures) by Bekermann(m): 11:42am On Jun 20, 2021
PrinceJoeWan:
Now you know

Yes boss
Re: Governor Godwin Obaseki's Official Car Sank On A Road In Edo State! (Pictures) by Judemarco31(m): 2:04pm On Jun 20, 2021
DropsMic:

O oo kingdom waiting for you.

If you do bad?
Re: Governor Godwin Obaseki's Official Car Sank On A Road In Edo State! (Pictures) by IAMPEDRO: 6:29pm On Jun 20, 2021
Deadlytruth:

Most secondary schools in Edo State are now being practically run by their alumni associations or the natives of their host communities who levy themselves to recruit teachers and pay their salaries all due to acute shortage of teachers in the schools courtesy of the state government's refusal to employ new teachers at least for the past eight years. I myself belong to my school alumni association in which each member contributes N1,000 monthly to pay the six additional teachers and two security men we employed for the school in addition to the seven that the school of over 1,000 students had before our intervention, so what then is the essence of EDOBEST?
Like what I said earlier, no matter how Good you may try to be, there will be people who would say you never did well. Absolutely there is nothing I can tell you now that he has done that will satisfy you. We are of different mindset, if we reason exactly the same way sure there's problem somewhere.
Thank you.
Re: Governor Godwin Obaseki's Official Car Sank On A Road In Edo State! (Pictures) by IAMPEDRO: 6:38pm On Jun 20, 2021
danilmo:

Don't you feel ashamed this is what u remembered abt him? All this program are done in Lagos on weekly bases now.. can u imagine.. ok, it is my Ondo state governor that is not aware of impact of education na. Last employment into education was 2000 as at 3 month ago and that's not part of his 100 project for 100 days in office o.

Or is Aketi not his mate?? Reelected same day??
So many of you guys don't know how to reply a comment, what will I be ashamed of? Ashamed of another man's living his life? Now, my question to you is what would you be remembered for in your small circle?
Re: Governor Godwin Obaseki's Official Car Sank On A Road In Edo State! (Pictures) by barcaboi(m): 8:22am On Jun 21, 2021
Idiko1:

This governor should be given credit. He has the gut to go to the rural areas where the dirt tracks remain the main roads. Does the picture show the village is part of Benin City Capital territory Area? Most governors in Nigeria will not even think of a visit to such village talk less make an attempt.

Omohhh una fit defend devil
Re: Governor Godwin Obaseki's Official Car Sank On A Road In Edo State! (Pictures) by Deadlytruth(m): 11:23am On Jun 21, 2021
IAMPEDRO:
Like what I said earlier, no matter how Good you may try to be, there will be people who would say you never did well. Absolutely there is nothing I can tell you now that he has done that will satisfy you. We are of different mindset, if we reason exactly the same way sure there's problem somewhere.
Thank you.

I thought you should have proven me wrong with contrary facts. Even if we conceed that an effort can't impact everyone or everywhere, at least it must visibly impact a fraction of the whole. So far EDOBEST has had no impact in my entire LGA. We all know how Red Roof Revolution reached nearly every public primary school in each and every LGA of the state. Same with SEEFOR projects and recruitment. But same can't be said of EDOBEST. Why?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Apostle Johnson Suleman Said It, Now It's Happening? / Deji Adeyanju To Obi Cubana: You Will End Up In Jail Like Hushpuppi / President Buhari Didn't Die In London, He's Alive – Garba Shehu Reacts To Rumour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.