Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,375 members, 7,836,528 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:20 AM

Would You Advice Someone To Study Law, The Noble Profession In Nigeria ? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Would You Advice Someone To Study Law, The Noble Profession In Nigeria ? (15691 Views)

What Would You Advice Both Parties To Do In Such A Situation / Here's One Of The Most Overrated Profession And Why / Noble Hall Leadership Academy For Girls Job Recruitment (3 Positions) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Advice Someone To Study Law, The Noble Profession In Nigeria ? by blowjohn(m): 11:18pm On Jun 20, 2021
No I wont.
Lawyers go dey wear suit under hot sun, no money for pocket.
Re: Would You Advice Someone To Study Law, The Noble Profession In Nigeria ? by nedekid: 11:19pm On Jun 20, 2021
Maj196:
Sapa don finish Nigerian lawyers grin
Watin be Sapa?
Re: Would You Advice Someone To Study Law, The Noble Profession In Nigeria ? by Jackyz: 11:19pm On Jun 20, 2021
Dat is y i dey study my....

Re: Would You Advice Someone To Study Law, The Noble Profession In Nigeria ? by queenfav(f): 11:34pm On Jun 20, 2021
flexyrule:
Hell No!

The smart ones start up a shop for company registration, travel & tours, property management, laundry & dry cleaning services and even fumigation...
Yes ooooo. If Owu blow you, there's noting you won't do.
You see the stubborn ones wearing one faded suit 5 times a week in police departments negotiating bail for criminals.
The fortunate ones are the children of successful lawyers. Those ones resume work at their parent's Chambers after NYSC/Law school.
I dey sha dey entertained by their arrogance, you see them carrying their shoulders up as if they have 30 billion in their akants. Shi-shi....
This oga just finished Nigerian lawyers!Lolz..No be small owu blow me , before i dumped my wig and gown to face Business full time.I can't be doing "My Lord,My Lord" with suit up and down and i don't have 1m.God forbid!

1 Like

Re: Would You Advice Someone To Study Law, The Noble Profession In Nigeria ? by Flows001(m): 12:07am On Jun 21, 2021
Peterlawyer:
Very funny !! I have a friend who studied law and was call to bar some years ago the funniest part is that she is currently running a Post graduate diploma PG in mass communication in one of the private university in south wast .
That one is your friend, I know of a young lawyer who is balling really hard and has gained what a Civil servant of 10years doesn't have.
Destinies differ bro and no forget say na Naija we dey!! E work for Peter no mean say e go work for Paul.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Advice Someone To Study Law, The Noble Profession In Nigeria ? by calcal: 12:11am On Jun 21, 2021
Well, you still need to study something in the zoo, LAW is a good option if you really have the capability to do so. what can you gain from it?

Good communication
Good knowledge of English
Ability to think
If you can think, you should be good in Mathematics, but if as of present you are not good in mathematics then the chances that you will succeed in LAW is limited.

With LAW and mathematics that is the ability to create smart contracts, you are talking of big money but the bottom line is that you need a country nothing will work in the zoo.
Re: Would You Advice Someone To Study Law, The Noble Profession In Nigeria ? by Born2conquer: 12:29am On Jun 21, 2021
philkay:
If I come to this world and find myself in country like Nigeria, I will prefer to study law... The system is so porous, you can easily make it in the profession just that most people doesn't want to work but just become rich overnight. People are too blind to see opportunity around.

Law profession is better than most courses because once you're called, you have what can sustain you throughout your live, you don't need to start looking for work. You might not be rich oh but you will get the basic things of life. Just be humble, pray, work, you will get there some day.
na this mentality push most of these guys into law grin shi shi
Re: Would You Advice Someone To Study Law, The Noble Profession In Nigeria ? by Born2conquer: 12:30am On Jun 21, 2021
Botfuss:
So many of you would condemn law but when it’s Endsars protest now, you would be tagging the lawyers you know. grin

That bail you people ridicule so much ehn, you would know the value if you sleep one day in a cell with no lawyer to bail you.

Yes, life is difficult for young lawyers. But the profession is never about immediate gratification. Regardless, Law firms should do better with remuneration.

Besides, which course is lucrative in this Nigeria again? Only tech boys dey flex. The course may not be what it used to be due to proliferation of lawyers, but the study is NEVER a waste.

One overnight brief can change your life FOREVER.

Exactly, lawyers fit no make money for a long time but a single deal/client can land them millions

1 Like

Re: Would You Advice Someone To Study Law, The Noble Profession In Nigeria ? by Gval123: 1:33am On Jun 21, 2021
I think the connected people can pursue whatever career they want to pursue in Nigeria. But if ur parents nor get level, pls, ensure say you do ur secondary education well, try socialize urself after secondary education and try find money in a different way. bro, Nigeria na terrible place oh, well, many never know. Nor waste money for any school for Nigeria, e nor worth am.
Re: Would You Advice Someone To Study Law, The Noble Profession In Nigeria ? by TOPCRUISE(m): 1:34am On Jun 21, 2021
You are talking about Law. What about Economics. Buhari and co are not relenting in destroying the future of this country
Re: Would You Advice Someone To Study Law, The Noble Profession In Nigeria ? by Tohsynetita1: 3:31am On Jun 21, 2021
Davidonkonsults:
After graduation na to get POS kiosk na.
That's your chamber?
Re: Would You Advice Someone To Study Law, The Noble Profession In Nigeria ? by koladata(m): 3:35am On Jun 21, 2021
what has law got to do with maths ? and you think you are intelligent ? you need urgent mental checkup
calcal:
Well, you still need to study something in the zoo, LAW is a good option if you really have the capability to do so. what can you gain from it?

Good communication
Ability to think
If you can think, you should be good in Mathematics, but if as of present you are not good in mathematics then the chances that you will succeed in LAW is limited.

With LAW and mathematics that is the ability to create smart contracts, you are talking of big money but the bottom line is that you need a country nothing will work in the zoo.

4 Likes

Re: Would You Advice Someone To Study Law, The Noble Profession In Nigeria ? by Davidonkonsults: 4:28am On Jun 21, 2021
Tohsynetita1:

That's your chamber?
You go argue matter tire there over failed transactions.

3 Likes

Re: Would You Advice Someone To Study Law, The Noble Profession In Nigeria ? by BluntCrazeMan: 4:38am On Jun 21, 2021
Synord:
Written by Iamsynord . He tweets via @iamsynord .
VPN Master.
You still dey tweet?
Re: Would You Advice Someone To Study Law, The Noble Profession In Nigeria ? by E2000: 5:00am On Jun 21, 2021
I will not advice anybody to study anything in Nigeria except corruption.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Would You Advice Someone To Study Law, The Noble Profession In Nigeria ? by Hassanmaye(m): 5:32am On Jun 21, 2021
Pavillon:
Law is still a noble profession cos if I may, my lord, if I may... May I my lord, bring to this honourable court my lord. grin
Haha bad boy grin grin
Re: Would You Advice Someone To Study Law, The Noble Profession In Nigeria ? by Hassanmaye(m): 5:35am On Jun 21, 2021
queenfav:
This oga just finished Nigerian lawyers!Lolz..No be small owu blow me , before i dumped my wig and gown to face Business full time.I can't be doing "My Lord,My Lord" with suit up and down and i don't have 1m.God forbid!
Haha calm down
Re: Would You Advice Someone To Study Law, The Noble Profession In Nigeria ? by Hassanmaye(m): 5:37am On Jun 21, 2021
calcal:

Good communication
Ability to think

Are you serious sir the way you are equating law with mathematics

3 Likes

Re: Would You Advice Someone To Study Law, The Noble Profession In Nigeria ? by Hassanmaye(m): 5:38am On Jun 21, 2021
koladata:
what has law got to do with maths ? and you think you are intelligent ? you need urgent mental checkup
grin grin grin thats what I was thinking what is even the relevance

2 Likes

Re: Would You Advice Someone To Study Law, The Noble Profession In Nigeria ? by Fakbrown: 6:19am On Jun 21, 2021
The one way just graduate for my area Don Join yahoo, is acrltually a criminal lawyer

2 Likes

Re: Would You Advice Someone To Study Law, The Noble Profession In Nigeria ? by phoenixcent(m): 6:23am On Jun 21, 2021
truth is, you can't be unemployed as a lawyer. all those shiti advise given here doesn't reflect the real situation of things. of all the social sciences or art courses, law is the top notch course to study.
studying law has a sense of security, and you will interact with the low and mighty in the society by virtue of your profession. you cant make it in law if you are lazy. I have no regrets studying law, so many of those giving shiti advise up here have consistently applied for law and have consistently failed to get the cut, so they have resulted in bashing the noble profession

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Would You Advice Someone To Study Law, The Noble Profession In Nigeria ? by Divoc19(f): 7:39am On Jun 21, 2021
Lawyers to me are dubious and cheats by profession to me. Just like the medical doctors/nurses are licensed to kill, the army trained to kill, pastors and prophets/seers born to destroy.

Science is one of the best among the courses in the world if only United African Republic can invest more on research lipsrsealed

NB: Mass Communication is good too
Re: Would You Advice Someone To Study Law, The Noble Profession In Nigeria ? by Maj196(m): 7:43am On Jun 21, 2021
nedekid:

Watin be Sapa?
Omo, na brokeness oo
Re: Would You Advice Someone To Study Law, The Noble Profession In Nigeria ? by nedekid: 8:19am On Jun 21, 2021
Maj196:
Omo, na brokeness oo
Lolz
Re: Would You Advice Someone To Study Law, The Noble Profession In Nigeria ? by lanre88(m): 8:28am On Jun 21, 2021
I advise, get networking skills.
Re: Would You Advice Someone To Study Law, The Noble Profession In Nigeria ? by Kingpin1000: 8:48am On Jun 21, 2021
hardbody:

You actually have the time to respond to this over flogged topic. The OP and his supporters should leave law alone and study other lucrative courses. I am a lawyer...I have straddled practice, banking, insurance and telecoms.

These boys think all lawyers do is go to court, even at that, i know how much i approve for my external solicitors on each brief. Only lawyers are so versatile that they are found in virtually every industry.

Kids don't know and won't learn.

In my next world i will still be a lawyer but i will only start earlier than i did in my present life.
Then who are those lawyers we see, whenever we visit a court running up and down hustling for cases.. baba every career has it's downside but law is on another level.
Re: Would You Advice Someone To Study Law, The Noble Profession In Nigeria ? by xtremeTall(m): 8:54am On Jun 21, 2021
Maj196:
Sapa don finish Nigerian lawyers grin
imagine bro
Re: Would You Advice Someone To Study Law, The Noble Profession In Nigeria ? by Kingpin1000: 8:54am On Jun 21, 2021
phoenixcent:
truth is, you can't be unemployed as a lawyer. all those shiti advise given here doesn't reflect the real situation of things. of all the social sciences or art courses, law is the top notch course to study.
studying law has a sense of security, and you will interact with the low and mighty in the society by virtue of your profession. you cant make it in law if you are lazy. I have no regrets studying law, so many of those giving shiti advise up here have consistently applied for law and have consistently failed to get the cut, so they have resulted in bashing the noble profession
Oga na lie o... are you a lawyer?
Have you gone to High court and see how lawyers hustle for cases. Have you seen their shoes?
Have you eben heard the mediocre amount some call for cases. Gone are those days where law was the choice destination for upcoming social science students, Except you've got good connection
Re: Would You Advice Someone To Study Law, The Noble Profession In Nigeria ? by hardbody: 9:08am On Jun 21, 2021
Kingpin1000:

Then who are those lawyers we see, whenever we visit a court running up and down hustling for cases.. baba every career has it's downside but law is on another level.

You are limited in knowledge.

Lawyers are even opportuned to do charge and bail so they can put bread on the table. They are qualified to do this the moment they are called to the Bar. They can go straight from the call point to court. Tell me how many other professions give you the leverage to start working as a professional immediately you are certified.

Like i did say, how about you guys leave law alone and go study the professions that provide you the needed comfort in Nigeria. I am so freaking tired of all these crappy comparisons.

Undeveloped brains fail to realize that there are rich and poor doctors, engineers, pilots, etc. Same applies to lawyers. The certainty about the legal profession is that you will certainly get to the top if keep working assiduously. There is always a humble beginning and when they get to the zenith of their career, you will not be there to know that there are some briefs that they settle with nothing less than N100m, N500m, N1b, etc.

Keep seeing only the struggling charge and bail lawyers.

There were 8 of us in my set that made 2.1. As i write, none, not even one has not made a mark in our chosen fields. Stay there and be castigating and deriding younger colleagues, rather than finding what should give you joy and happiness.

6 Likes

Re: Would You Advice Someone To Study Law, The Noble Profession In Nigeria ? by Kingpin1000: 9:35am On Jun 21, 2021
hardbody:

You are limited in knowledge.

Lawyers are even opportuned to do charge and bail so they can put bread on the table. They are qualified to do this the moment they are called to the Bar. They can go straight from the call point to court. Tell me how many other professions give you the leverage to start working as a professional immediately you are certified.

Like i did say, how about you guys leave law alone and go study the professions that provide you the needed comfort in Nigeria. I am so freaking tired of all these crappy comparisons.

Undeveloped brains fail to realize that there are rich and poor doctors, engineers, pilots, etc. Same applies to lawyers. The certainty about the legal profession is that you will certainly get to the top if keep working assiduously. There is always a humble beginning and when they get to the zenith of their career, you will not be there to know that there are some briefs that they settle with nothing less than N100m, N500m, N1b, etc.

Keep seeing only the struggling charge and bail lawyers.

There were 8 of us in my set that made 2.1. As i write, none, not even one has not made a mark in our chosen fields. Stay there and be castigating and deriding younger colleagues, rather than finding what should give you joy and happiness.
I'm sorry if my words hurt you badly, pls forgive me. I never knew my words can be so sharp that it can get to you so badly. But only 8 of you are successful lawyers, bro the success rate is very slim na. Did I lie, when I said anytime I visit a high court, some hungry looking lawyers will be hustling for cases. What are you successful lawyers doing about that? Because most lawyers are broke. They only take solace in their title. No vex ones more if my words hurt you.
Re: Would You Advice Someone To Study Law, The Noble Profession In Nigeria ? by hardbody: 9:57am On Jun 21, 2021
Kingpin1000:

I'm sorry if my words hurt you badly, pls forgive me. I never knew my words can be so sharp that it can get to you so badly. But only 8 of you are successful lawyers, bro the success rate is very slim na. Did I lie, when I said anytime I visit a high court, some hungry looking lawyers will be hustling for cases. What are you successful lawyers doing about that? Because most lawyers are broke. They only take solace in their title. No vex ones more if my words hurt you.

I repeat, you are limited in knowledge, now i think comprehension is also a problem for you. Please go back and read what I wrote, this time very carefully. If 8 persons made 2.1 and all are doing well, it is 100%. Did you actually go to any school?

Yes your words hurt me, because you are deliberately misleading the younger people who may be nurturing the ambition of becoming learned and noble. You bring in your mediocrity and warped undeveloped mind to corrupt their otherwise pristine thoughts and intentions. How about you stick to what you know and stop spewing gibberish.

While at it, what are you always doing in the precincts of a law court, are you a fraudster always in and out of detention and needing bail? Even me that i am that profession, I hardly find myself there except when I need to.

Having said this, I am done with this convo. Live your life and be merry. Just leave law and lawyers alone, you are not imbued with the gray matter to know what it takes to be one.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pls How Much Does A Petrol Attendant Earn Apart From their Salary / Unemployment: Categories Of Unemployed Youths Or People In Nigeria / Scam Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.