Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,308 members, 7,836,337 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:35 AM

Would You Advice Someone To Study Law, The Noble Profession In Nigeria ? - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Would You Advice Someone To Study Law, The Noble Profession In Nigeria ? (15690 Views)

What Would You Advice Both Parties To Do In Such A Situation / Here's One Of The Most Overrated Profession And Why / Noble Hall Leadership Academy For Girls Job Recruitment (3 Positions) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Advice Someone To Study Law, The Noble Profession In Nigeria ? by Adekunlebright(m): 10:06am On Jun 21, 2021
Davidonkonsults:
After graduation na to get POS kiosk na.
Lol���
Some have even turn to agents now

2 Likes

Re: Would You Advice Someone To Study Law, The Noble Profession In Nigeria ? by Kingpin1000: 10:12am On Jun 21, 2021
hardbody:

I repeat, you are limited in knowledge, now i think comprehension is also a problem for you. Please go back and read what I wrote, this time very carefully. If 8 persons made 2.1 and all are doing well, it is 100%. Did you actually go to any school?

Yes your words hurt me, because you are deliberately misleading the younger people who may be nurturing the ambition of becoming learned and noble. You bring in your mediocrity and warped undeveloped mind to corrupt their otherwise pristine thoughts and intentions. How about you stick to what you know and stop spewing gibberish.

While at it, what are you always doing in the precincts of a law court, are you a fraudster always in and out of detention and needing bail? Even me that i am that profession, I hardly find myself there except when I need to.

Having said this, I am done with this convo. Live your life and be merry. Just leave law and lawyers alone, you are not imbued with the gray matter to know what it takes to be one.
Barr. Hard Body, you are becoming emotional. I know some people tag Lawyers as liars and you make me feel they are correct. Why tell me you have 100% success rate in your class. Majority of Lawyers are broke and you know it. You are trying to mislead the younger generation to feel that law is a good career choice but I tell them to walk into any High court and they will have a rethink. I wonder how you win cases if you are this emotional when talking to a novice in argument like me. But Sir take a chill pill, we are just trying to buttress our point. In Nigeria many young lawyers are depressed, some that a lucky to be employed in chamber are paid peanuts, money that an agbero in a motor park can make in less than a week. You should advice any upcoming lawyer to go for his passion and not hope to be like big boys like you,if you are even one. Then with time if they are lucky things may workout for them. You need to control your emotions Sir

2 Likes

Re: Would You Advice Someone To Study Law, The Noble Profession In Nigeria ? by hardbody: 10:15am On Jun 21, 2021
Kingpin1000:

[s]Barr. Hard Body, you are becoming emotional. I know some people tag Lawyers as liars and you make me feel they are correct. Why tell me you have 100% success rate in your class. Majority of Lawyers are broke and you know it. You are trying to mislead the younger generation to feel that law is a good career choice but I tell them to walk into any High court and they will have a rethink. I wonder how you win cases if you are this emotional when talking to a novice in argument like me. But Sir take a chill pill, we are just trying to buttress our point. In Nigeria many young lawyers are depressed, some that a lucky to be employed in chamber are paid peanuts, money that an agbero in a motor park can make in less than a week. You should advice any upcoming lawyer to go for his passion and not hope to be like big boys like you,if you are even one. Then with time if they are lucky things may workout for them. You need to control your emotions Sir
[/s]
Re: Would You Advice Someone To Study Law, The Noble Profession In Nigeria ? by hardbody: 10:15am On Jun 21, 2021
Kingpin1000:

[s]Barr. Hard Body, you are becoming emotional. I know some people tag Lawyers as liars and you make me feel they are correct. Why tell me you have 100% success rate in your class. Majority of Lawyers are broke and you know it. You are trying to mislead the younger generation to feel that law is a good career choice but I tell them to walk into any High court and they will have a rethink. I wonder how you win cases if you are this emotional when talking to a novice in argument like me. But Sir take a chill pill, we are just trying to buttress our point. In Nigeria many young lawyers are depressed, some that a lucky to be employed in chamber are paid peanuts, money that an agbero in a motor park can make in less than a week. You should advice any upcoming lawyer to go for his passion and not hope to be like big boys like you,if you are even one. Then with time if they are lucky things may workout for them. You need to control your emotions Sir[/s]
Re: Would You Advice Someone To Study Law, The Noble Profession In Nigeria ? by Adekunlebright(m): 10:19am On Jun 21, 2021
flexyrule:
Hell No!

The smart ones start up a shop for company registration, travel & tours, property management, laundry & dry cleaning services and even fumigation...
Yes ooooo. If Owu blow you, there's noting you won't do.
You see the stubborn ones wearing one faded suit 5 times a week in police departments negotiating bail for criminals.
The fortunate ones are the children of successful lawyers. Those ones resume work at their parent's Chambers after NYSC/Law school.
I dey sha dey entertained by their arrogance, you see them carrying their shoulders up as if they have 30 billion in their akants. Shi-shi....
Nothing dey work for 9ja again.
I have seen banking and finance working in school, also elect & elect becomes marketer.
Me studied biochemistry, now into oil business

1 Like

Re: Would You Advice Someone To Study Law, The Noble Profession In Nigeria ? by Kingpin1000: 10:27am On Jun 21, 2021
hardbody:
[/s]
I said it.. The truth hurts. You are becoming too emotional. I have Uncles and aunts who are Lawyers. Some successful, some not that successful. Sometimes, Banter them on this topic but never have they been emotional. Whenever I go to their offices and complain how I'm been harassed by lawyers looking for case. They will reply " These boys are bringing down our reputation ". That is Nigeria for you. Even the Doctors and Engineers are not having a field day too. Bro don't take this argument too personal, Hope I have not spoilt your day. Have a lovely day Barr. Hard body.

1 Like

Re: Would You Advice Someone To Study Law, The Noble Profession In Nigeria ? by hardbody: 10:47am On Jun 21, 2021
Kingpin1000:

[s]I said it.. The truth hurts. You are becoming too emotional. I have Uncles and aunts who are Lawyers. Some successful, some not that successful. Sometimes, Banter them on this topic but never have they been emotional. Whenever I go to their offices and complain how I'm been harassed by lawyers looking for case. They will reply " These boys are bringing down our reputation ". That is Nigeria for you. Even the Doctors and Engineers are not having a field day too. Bro don't take this argument too personal, Hope I have not spoilt your day. Have a lovely day Barr. Hard body.[/s]
Re: Would You Advice Someone To Study Law, The Noble Profession In Nigeria ? by jaygogna(m): 10:56am On Jun 21, 2021
Practicing law in a lawless country no go easy o
Re: Would You Advice Someone To Study Law, The Noble Profession In Nigeria ? by Ephemmm: 11:19am On Jun 21, 2021
The only regret I am still having in life is my inability to study Law. In fact, I will still go back to school to study the same profession as early as time and opportunity avail themselves.

As for those belittling the profession, all I can say is that you have little knowledge of it. Having background in law is a solid potential antecedent to your success in any other field within and outside Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Would You Advice Someone To Study Law, The Noble Profession In Nigeria ? by bikefab(m): 11:52am On Jun 21, 2021
Studying law in a lawless country. Most lawyers have been reduced to charge and bail lawyers.
Re: Would You Advice Someone To Study Law, The Noble Profession In Nigeria ? by evil1: 12:16pm On Jun 21, 2021
You have no idea about law.

shegzhkn:
Lol.

I wouldn't advise even my foe to study law in Nigeria.

Where do we even start, first there are hundreds of thousands of folks who think they are lawyers regretting that they studied law, secondly law does not work in a country where the political climate is unstable, horrendous human right record, no regard for the rule of law and buckled democracy.

And the so called SAN means absolutely nothing.

Nigeria modelled it democracy to countries in the west but hasn't grown to their level in everything, for example in the United States you've got so many options to practice your trade because of their humongous advancement whereas in Nigeria lawyers only get cases because of basic issues that shouldn't have existed like Election matter, Political Corruption, etc.

So No don't study law.

Re: Would You Advice Someone To Study Law, The Noble Profession In Nigeria ? by BJanta: 12:43pm On Jun 21, 2021
MajorOvakporaye:
Tertiary education for Nigeria na scam.

Going to school in Nigeria should just be to socialize because socialization itself is education on its own. Apart from that, education in Nigeria is rubbish

UTTER TRASH AND FILTH !
Re: Would You Advice Someone To Study Law, The Noble Profession In Nigeria ? by fubsy: 12:51pm On Jun 21, 2021
Under the leadership of Buhari, law has been bastardized, as the rule of law means nothing to the administration. The homes of justices were raided by the executive to intimidate the courts, decisions of courts were not respected and are still not respected by the executive, the executive determines what to pay the judges, the court premises and roads leading to court premises are in terrible state, judges are classified as third-class citizens in a country of supposed three equal arms of government, the Attorney General of the Federation, hmmm, Attorney General, make I keep quiet. Meanwhile, an Attorney General is supposed to be the chief law officer of a State, highly respected and knowledgeable in law. Then young lawyers are combing the streets of Nigeria looking for N40,000 salary employment just to survive. Before Buhari, N40,000 would have made sense, but now, forget it!!! I wonder how it will be going forward. So, will I advise someone to study law in Nigeria now? Unlikely, except things change and the rule of law takes its pride of place.
Re: Would You Advice Someone To Study Law, The Noble Profession In Nigeria ? by Rickylambert: 1:43pm On Jun 21, 2021
koladata:
what has law got to do with maths ? and you think you are intelligent ? you need urgent mental checkup
Nigga shock me

1 Like

Re: Would You Advice Someone To Study Law, The Noble Profession In Nigeria ? by Ugwoji101(m): 1:56pm On Jun 21, 2021
The truth is that the legal profession is not rosy at the beginning,if you are not from a rich family or if luck is not on your side, you will go through hell within your 1st to 7th years of post call.Being a young lawyer is not easy, because you have to learn the ropes(learn the law and people will believe in you) before they can enthrust you with their legal matters.A lawyer that truly knows his onion will never go broke,he will create avenues for side hustles.When I was called to the Bar(barely two years at the Bar) I left the comfort of my zone to practice in a state where I have never been.The friend I was staying with at the time was being helped by his mum.his mum bought him a Camry 2.2,pays his house rent and also pays him 30k monthly despite the fact that the chamber he works for pays him 30k monthly,while the chamber I worked for was not paying me a dime,I was only living off from appearance fee and without any help from my parents.I once approached my dad and told him to buy me a car the man change am for am and told me that I am the one who is supposed to buy him a car that he has done his part by training me.The legal profession is a very dynamic profession and can make you a millionaire in a blink of an eye.the legal profession is very versatile that it can fit comfortable into any sphere of life.So many rich and influential people in Nigeria are lawyers,ranging from senators,house of rep members,governors,house of assembly members,LG chairmen, business men,technocrats and heads of industries and parastatals.90% of the top guns in the police and millitary are lawyer's.Do you know that a prospective Inspector General of police being a lawyer is an added advantage and an edge over others?Are you aware that 90% of successful politicians in Nigeria are lawyers.Do you know that in civil service while others except (doctors,optometry and health personnel's) start with level 7 and 8,lawyers start with level 9 and 10?Believe it or not the legal profession is the most successful profession in Nigeria.the Nigerian economy has succeeded in bastardizing the profession but we still dey kamkpe.Try to judge the legal profession by the lawyers that have made it already and not by those that are trying to stand on their feet.I am a lawyer of 9 years post call and I have never regretted being a lawyer for one day,things are not that rosy as it should be,I am not where I want to be yet and I am not where I used to be some years ago.Judge this profession right and not the other way round.A lawyer should have other source of income,even our governor's, president's and other successful men in Nigeria have multiple source of income,One source of income is never enough.Our yesterday lawyers made the mistake of banking alone on their legal practice but our nowadays lawyers have corrected that anomaly.Even the SANs have estates,companies,hotels etc that generates income on a daily basis.I was once offered a councillorship position in my village which I rejected,the position came to me primarily because I am a lawyer.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Would You Advice Someone To Study Law, The Noble Profession In Nigeria ? by Ugwoji101(m): 2:19pm On Jun 21, 2021
No! I wanted to study law when I was in secondary school , it was my dad who work as a court registrar that said NEVER! It was after I graduated from university and I compared myself with my mate who studied law that I understand why Law is a waste of time in Nigeria of today.
You were comparing yoursel with your mates who were not yet successful at that moment.Maybe your dad was a court registrar in one of the dilapidated customary courts in the villages and never had the opportunity to meet lawyers who have made in life.

1 Like

Re: Would You Advice Someone To Study Law, The Noble Profession In Nigeria ? by Tunasco4u(m): 2:31pm On Jun 21, 2021
You are the real big idiot Re-ta-rd
KingOKON:
Only cows will study in Nigeria
Re: Would You Advice Someone To Study Law, The Noble Profession In Nigeria ? by KingOKON: 2:46pm On Jun 21, 2021
Tunasco4u:
You are the real big idiot Re-ta-rd

Herbivorous human being talking
Re: Would You Advice Someone To Study Law, The Noble Profession In Nigeria ? by TefBarzz(m): 5:04pm On Jun 21, 2021
Medicine is the only course that the Nigerian economy understands..

1 Like

Re: Would You Advice Someone To Study Law, The Noble Profession In Nigeria ? by Evidenx(m): 5:24pm On Jun 21, 2021
For you to study law in school for 4 years Nd another one year in law school, guy go carry farm, you will become a millionaire am telling you, as there is food shortage now in Nigeria.
Re: Would You Advice Someone To Study Law, The Noble Profession In Nigeria ? by PhilipReigns(m): 12:50pm On Jun 22, 2021
Kingpin1000:

Barr. Hard Body, you are becoming emotional. I know some people tag Lawyers as liars and you make me feel they are correct. Why tell me you have 100% success rate in your class. Majority of Lawyers are broke and you know it. You are trying to mislead the younger generation to feel that law is a good career choice but I tell them to walk into any High court and they will have a rethink. I wonder how you win cases if you are this emotional when talking to a novice in argument like me. But Sir take a chill pill, we are just trying to buttress our point. In Nigeria many young lawyers are depressed, some that a lucky to be employed in chamber are paid peanuts, money that an agbero in a motor park can make in less than a week. You should advice any upcoming lawyer to go for his passion and not hope to be like big boys like you,if you are even one. Then with time if they are lucky things may workout for them. You need to control your emotions Sir
Lol
Well, you re right
I know some lawyers that earns below 20k in Lagos here. That same amount an agbero who has not seen the fall walls of a university makes In 2 days.
But is it also easy to be an agbero?
Can u live u entire life without teeths in ur mouth to chew meat as a result of constant engagement in Street fight because of money?
There's no where u 'll find money and not work, money is not easy to make anywhere, even business has it own bad side.
NA WHERE PERSON NEVER GO BE LONDON (That is, the grass usually appears greener on the other side)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Would You Advice Someone To Study Law, The Noble Profession In Nigeria ? by Jephtar89: 7:45pm On Dec 25, 2023
GboyegaD:
I'm bothered about these questions. Study something you are interested in as it sure would make a way for you.

If you need someone to discuss with, consult your guidance counselor.

Fact! I love this. This is the crux of the matter...
Re: Would You Advice Someone To Study Law, The Noble Profession In Nigeria ? by Jephtar89: 7:58pm On Dec 25, 2023
philkay:
If I come to this world and find myself in country like Nigeria, I will prefer to study law... The system is so porous, you can easily make it in the profession just that most people doesn't want to work but just become rich overnight. People are too blind to see opportunity around.

Law profession is better than most courses because once you're called, you have what can sustain you throughout your live, you don't need to start looking for work. You might not be rich oh but you will get the basic things of life. Just be humble, pray, work, you will get there some day.

God bless you jare!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pls How Much Does A Petrol Attendant Earn Apart From their Salary / Unemployment: Categories Of Unemployed Youths Or People In Nigeria / Scam Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.