Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,430 members, 7,815,972 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:35 PM

Why Ibom Republic Will Become Reality - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Ibom Republic Will Become Reality (4822 Views)

Warning: Niger Republic Will Dam River Niger And Nigeria Will Lose Reputation / War On Niger Republic Will Be War On Northern Nigeria - Usman Yusuf / WHY Ibom Deep Sea Port? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Ibom Republic Will Become Reality by eeetuk(m): 1:00pm On Jun 21, 2021
Why Ibom Republic will Become Reality
By eeetuk

Experience gained from Biafran defeat by Nigerian army in 1967-70 civil war will help Akwa Ibom State to exit Nigeria and become an Independent Nation. Biafran war was built on sham evidence, greed, lack of connection between Ibo leaders and none Ibos, leaders from Ibo went alone, the war itself was seen as ethnic driven, and did not gain wider support outside Ibo tribe. These are the things Ibom leaders have learned and would have to avoid—going forward.

Whereas, Ibom Republic leaders’ rationale is grounded on facts—which can be demonstrated in real time, not hear say or rumor.

For an example, a report in Nairaland website on June 19, 2021 stated that a group of Akwa Ibom coalition leaders had reached out to the United Nations both in a written document and video presentations to argue that it wants to break away from Nigeria.

God bless them!
And according to the document presented to the United Nations, the leaders proposed that the new country will be called "Ibom Republic”. Marginalization of Akwa Ibom state citizens both by the current and past governments of Nigeria is the principal rationale for seeking exit from Nigeria, the document noted.

Notification of the United Nations by citizens of Akwa Ibom State leaders in writing of its intention to break away from Nigeria is significant for many reasons. First, leaders made the case in public. Second, the notice to break away from Nigeria is both in writing and video. Third, the evidence of marginalization as alleged in the document is damning—suggesting guilt conduct by the Nigerian authority.

Evidence supporting marginalization of citizens of Akwa Ibom State citizens by current and past Nigerian government is overwhelming. In 1999 when Obansanjo got elected, no Akwa Ibom state citizen was appointed to serve in the top level of his government. Then, after President Obasanjo exited power in 2007--2015 and the new administration of Yar’Adua took over, Akwa Ibom state citizens were noticeable excluded from top level government appointees. And in 2015 to 2021 when Mohammad Buhari got elected, the exclusion of Akwa Ibom State from top level government appointees continued.

Who will tolerate this kind of discrimination? That is the question Ibom leaders have raised and found answer unacceptable.

And here is the thing, Nigeria annual budget shows that over 60% of revenues budgeted each year come from Akwa Ibom state oils sales and Natural gas. Yet, when you examine distribution of federal programs funded by the Nigerian authority, zero program or project goes to Akwa Ibom State. And when you compare Akwa Ibom State to other states like those in Southwest, Southeast and Northern Nigeria geopolitical zones [these are states which contribute nothing to Nigeria treasury], these states consumed 99% of revenues generated from Akwa Ibom State oils and Natural gas sales, Akwa Ibom state zero. That is unfair.

No reasonable person will tolerate unfair treatment that the citizens of Akwa Ibom State people have received from the Nigerian authority. That is why my confidence about Akwa Ibom state gaining independence from Nigeria is very high.

My recommendation
If you are a citizen of Akwa Ibom Republic, please find ten people and form a group to raise money to make Ibom Republic a reality. The United Nations head office is in New York City, USA. We need world class lawyers to make presentations to members states at the UN for us to be successful.

Remember how Eritrea break away from Ethiopia? And you remember how Sudan split into South/North Sudan. Their success came from hiring world class lawyers. We cannot make the same mistakes Biafran made in the 1960-70 civil war—going alone and unprepared.

Nigeria is not our country—OBJ, Yar’Adua/Jonathan and Buhari administrations have made this known both in public and private.

Thank you all and welcome to Ibom Republic—a country where dreams will be realized and memories last forever.

9 Likes

Re: Why Ibom Republic Will Become Reality by nthony10: 1:08pm On Jun 21, 2021
I smell Fulani here

5 Likes

Re: Why Ibom Republic Will Become Reality by Owontime: 1:15pm On Jun 21, 2021
eeetuk:

By eeetuk

Experience gained from Biafran defeat by Nigerian army in 1967-70 civil war will help Akwa Ibom State to exit Nigeria and become an Independent Nation. Biafran war was built on sham evidence, greed, lack of connection between Ibo leaders and none Ibos, leaders from Ibo went alone, the war itself was seen as ethnic driven, and did not gain wider support outside Ibo tribe. These are the things Ibom leaders have learned and would have to avoid—going forward.

Whereas, Ibom Republic leaders’ rationale is grounded on facts—which can be demonstrated in real time, not hear say or rumor.

For an example, a report in Nairaland website on June 19, 2021 stated that a group of Akwa Ibom coalition leaders had reached out to the United Nations both in a written document and video presentations to argue that it wants to break away from Nigeria.

God bless them!
And according to the document presented to the United Nations, the leaders proposed that the new country will be called "Ibom Republic”. Marginalization of Akwa Ibom state citizens both by the current and past governments of Nigeria is the principal rationale for seeking exit from Nigeria, the document noted.

Notification of the United Nations by citizens of Akwa Ibom State leaders in writing of its intention to break away from Nigeria is significant for many reasons. First, leaders made the case in public. Second, the notice to break away from Nigeria is both in writing and video. Third, the evidence of marginalization as alleged in the document is damning—suggesting guilt conduct by the Nigerian authority.

Evidence supporting marginalization of citizens of Akwa Ibom State citizens by current and past Nigerian government is overwhelming. In 1999 when Obansanjo got elected, no Akwa Ibom state citizen was appointed to serve in the top level of his government. Then, after President Obasanjo exited power in 2007--2015 and the new administration of Yar’Adua took over, Akwa Ibom state citizens were noticeable excluded from top level government appointees. And in 2015 to 2021 when Mohammad Buhari got elected, the exclusion of Akwa Ibom State from top level government appointees continued.

Who will tolerate this kind of discrimination? That is the question Ibom leaders have raised and found answer unacceptable.

And here is the thing, Nigeria annual budget shows that over 60% of revenues budgeted each year come from Akwa Ibom state oils sales and Natural gas. Yet, when you examine distribution of federal programs funded by the Nigerian authority, zero program or project goes to Akwa Ibom State. And when you compare Akwa Ibom State to other states like those in Southwest, Southeast and Northern Nigeria geopolitical zones [these are states which contribute nothing to Nigeria treasury], these states consumed 99% of revenues generated from Akwa Ibom State oils and Natural gas sales, Akwa Ibom state zero. That is unfair.

No reasonable person will tolerate unfair treatment that the citizens of Akwa Ibom State people have received from the Nigerian authority. That is why my confidence about Akwa Ibom state gaining independence from Nigeria is very high.

My recommendation
If you are a citizen of Akwa Ibom Republic, please find ten people and form a group to raise money to make Ibom Republic a reality. The United Nations head office is in New York City, USA. We need world class lawyers to make presentations to members states at the UN for us to be successful.

Remember how Eritrea break away from Ethiopia? And you remember how Sudan split into South/North Sudan. Their success came from hiring world class lawyers. We cannot make the same mistakes Biafran made in the 1960-70 civil war—going alone and unprepared.

Nigeria is not our country—OBJ, Yar’Adua/Jonathan and Buhari administrations have made this known both in public and private.

Thank you all and welcome to Ibom Republic—a country where dreams will be realized and memories last forever.

Re: Why Ibom Republic Will Become Reality by Igboid: 1:15pm On Jun 21, 2021
Why would Eastern Obolo and Ibeno people prefer Ibom country over having their own independent country and enjoying the whole crude oil alone without having to carry the populous Ibibio and Annang that have very little crude oil themselves?

9 Likes

Re: Why Ibom Republic Will Become Reality by Owontime: 1:17pm On Jun 21, 2021
Da,well written.
Ibom Republic will be a reality by the grace of God.
We are the cow of Nigeria,everyone takes the milk but forgets to feed the cow. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

3 Likes

Re: Why Ibom Republic Will Become Reality by Igboid: 1:19pm On Jun 21, 2021
Owontime:
Da,well written.
Ibom Republic will be a reality by the grace of God.
We are the cow of Nigeria,everyone takes the milk but forgets to feed the cow. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

Are from Ibeno or Eastern Obolo? cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Why Ibom Republic Will Become Reality by Brexxit(m): 1:21pm On Jun 21, 2021
Jokers.

Ibom republic is a joke taken too far.

2 Likes

Re: Why Ibom Republic Will Become Reality by theTranslator: 1:22pm On Jun 21, 2021
Igboid:
Why would Eastern Obolo and Ibeno people prefer Ibom country over having their own independent country and enjoying the whole crude oil alone without having to carry the populous Ibibio and Annang that have very little crude oil themselves?
See igbos doing what they accuse Fulani of cheesy

Create division so that they can exploit!

Igboid:

Nope.
I'm not creating division.

I'm promoting unity.
If Akwaibom(Ibibio/Annang) cut Cross River loose because they reason Cross River has no crude oil and nothing to add.
They should expect Ibeno and Eastern Obolo and Oron to do same thing to them.
As an Igbo, I would want to see an Akwa Cross country that is hostile to Hausa-Fulani led NIGERIA, that would liase with Biafra to leave NIGERIA.
That way,the blockage using the Crossriver/Cameroon border NIGERIA used in 1967-70 on Biafra will never work again.

I'm just not comfortable with the idea of Akwa Ibom leaving while Cross River stays in Nigeria.
It doesn't help my Biafran cause.
Grammer
Leave them alone

4 Likes

Re: Why Ibom Republic Will Become Reality by Norwichsailor(m): 1:32pm On Jun 21, 2021
Igboid:
Doing the same thing u accuse the fulani and yoruba people of doing, 'divide and conquer'. How ever your argument is dead on arrival, ibeno like wise eket are ibibios, eastern obolo also has ibibios in it, hence the relocation of the seaport from oron nation who already house the states InternationalAirport(our airport isn'tin uyo or in Ibibio land but oron Territory) . The ibibio/efik/Annang/oron family is a complex one so I advise u to work on your Biafra while we work on our ibom Republic and mind your business. Thanks

4 Likes

Re: Why Ibom Republic Will Become Reality by Igboid: 1:33pm On Jun 21, 2021
theTranslator:

See igbos doing what they accuse Fulani of cheesy

Create division so that they can exploit!

Nope.

I'm promoting unity.
If Akwaibom(Ibibio/Annang) cut Cross River loose because they reason Cross River has no crude oil and nothing to add.
As an Igbo, I would want to see an Akwa Cross country that is hostile to Hausa-Fulani led NIGERIA, that would liase with Biafra to leave NIGERIA.
That way,the blockage using the Crossriver/Cameroon border NIGERIA used in 1967-70 on Biafra will never work again.

I'm just not comfortable with the idea of Akwa Ibom leaving while Cross River stays in Nigeria.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Ibom Republic Will Become Reality by Norwichsailor(m): 1:36pm On Jun 21, 2021
Igboid:

Nope.

I'm promoting unity.
Akwa iboms oil is offshore and even onshore it'll surprise u ibibios have almost the same as oron in onshore oil Wells in Akwa Ibom . Your divide and scatter tactics are stale.

2 Likes

Re: Why Ibom Republic Will Become Reality by Eastlink(m): 1:37pm On Jun 21, 2021
Igboid:
I didn't see where there invited you Pazi! Abeg leave the thread and stop pocknosing into what does not concern you. Allow Akwa-Ibom people settle their matter themselves. You people create unknown enemies for yourselves even without knowing. You have no business here oga.

8 Likes

Re: Why Ibom Republic Will Become Reality by Owontime: 1:37pm On Jun 21, 2021
Igboid:

Are from Ibeno or Eastern Obolo? cheesy
Re: Why Ibom Republic Will Become Reality by Owontime: 1:38pm On Jun 21, 2021
Uka ado akpara.
Atebe inua.
Re: Why Ibom Republic Will Become Reality by FreeIgbos: 1:39pm On Jun 21, 2021
Igboid:

You're not making sense. Ibeno and Eastern obolo are still Ibibio/Anang people. So they are one people.

Abeg stop reasoning like fulani parasites, Igbos are progressives who don't support marginalization of any kind.

Akwa Ibom should own their oil resources or be allowed to form Ibom republic. They can't be so rich yet so poor.

8 Likes

Re: Why Ibom Republic Will Become Reality by Norwichsailor(m): 1:39pm On Jun 21, 2021
Igboid:

Nope.

I'm promoting unity.

Then ask questions before you jump to conclusions. We can't carry Cross River along without their consent because unlike Akwa Ibom that is homogeneous, Cross River has dozens of tribes in it who complained of ibibio/efik dominance before the states were split. So as it is we can only carry the efik our sisters along, the other tribes are free to join Nigeria, Biafra,Middle belt, ibom Republic or form their country

4 Likes

Re: Why Ibom Republic Will Become Reality by FreeIgbos: 1:40pm On Jun 21, 2021
Eastlink:
I didn't see where there invited you Pazi! Abeg leave the thread and stop pocknosing into what does not concern you. Allow Akwa-Ibom people settle their matter themselves. You people create unknown enemies for yourselves even without knowing. You have no business here oga.

I doubt that guy is Igbo, Igbos don't reason myopically like that.

4 Likes

Re: Why Ibom Republic Will Become Reality by Igboid: 1:40pm On Jun 21, 2021
Norwichsailor:

Doing the same thing u accuse the fulani and yoruba people of doing, 'divide and conquer'. How ever your argument is dead on arrival, ibeno like wise eket are ibibios, eastern obolo also has ibibios in it, hence the relocation of the seaport from oron nation who already house the states InternationalAirport(our airport isn'tin uyo or in Ibibio land but oron Territory) . The ibibio/efik/Annang/oron family is a complex one so I advise u to work on your Biafra while we work on our ibom Republic and mind your business. Thanks

Less not lie to ourselves

There might be one or two Ibeno and Eastern Obolo people who are part of Akwaibom state government, and hence promote Akwa Ibom.
But the truth is that many of Obolo and Ibeno people back home,I mean their commoners, see Ibibio and Annang as oppressors and would happily seize any opportunity to free themselves from you lots and have control of their Crude oil themselves without having to share with Ibibio and Annangs.

Oron wants independence too.
There use to be an old Oron moniker here in 2009 upwards who was eagerly gingering for Oron independent country.

Truth is that Akwaibom is a Nigerian government Creation and she wouldn't waste time to uncouple it and instigate Ibeno, Obolo and Oron against you Ibibios and Annangs if you continue allow greed to blind you.

1 Like

Re: Why Ibom Republic Will Become Reality by Igboid: 1:42pm On Jun 21, 2021
Eastlink:

I'm only warning them of the pitfalls ahead. This is only but a discussion thread.

On the contrary. I have big business on this. grin

4 Likes

Re: Why Ibom Republic Will Become Reality by Norwichsailor(m): 1:43pm On Jun 21, 2021
Igboid:

Less not lie to ourselves

There might be one or two Ibeno and Eastern Obolo people who are part of Akwaibom state government, and hence promote Akwa Ibom.
But the truth is that many of Obolo and Ibeno people back home,I mean their commoners, see Ibibio and Annang as oppressors and would happily seize any opportunity to free themselves from you lots and have control of their Crude oil themselves without having to share with Ibibio and Annangs.

Oron wants independence too.
There use to be an old Oron moniker here in 2009 upwards who was eagerly gingering for Oron independent country.

Truth is that Akwaibom is a Nigerian government Creation and she wouldn't waste time to uncouple it and instigate Ibeno, Obolo and Oron against you Ibibios and Annangs if you continue allow greed to blind you.

You're using an old moniker of 2009 and sentiment to an argument in 2021?
I'm starting to doubt you're igbo sef because I don't know why ibom Republic and who constitute it is suddenly your problem. Please get out
Ibeno and Eastern obolo people are still ibibios. If I say anioma or ikwerre people aren't igbos now you'll start crying all over the place like a baby

6 Likes

Re: Why Ibom Republic Will Become Reality by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jun 21, 2021
Re: Why Ibom Republic Will Become Reality by 24SEVEN: 1:44pm On Jun 21, 2021
Igboid you are a natural killjoy. grin
Re: Why Ibom Republic Will Become Reality by Igboid: 1:45pm On Jun 21, 2021
Norwichsailor:

Then ask questions before you jump to conclusions. We can't carry Cross River along without their consent because unlike Akwa Ibom that is homogeneous, Cross River has dozens of tribes in it who complained of ibibio/efik dominance before the states were split. So as it is we can only carry the efik our sisters along, the other tribes are free to join Nigeria, Biafra,Middle belt, ibom Republic or form their country

Ok.
I understand your reasoning now.
There should be room to accommodate Efik Sha in the Ibom republic.

4 Likes

Re: Why Ibom Republic Will Become Reality by FreeIgbos: 1:45pm On Jun 21, 2021
Igboid:

Nope.

I'm promoting unity.

You really should be smart enough to choose your battles wisely. Why fight for Cross River people when they can fight for themselves?

You should even encourage Akwa Ibom people for being courageous enough to start their own movement. The more people agitate, the better! Let the Cross River people begin their own movement, ask Ibom people to incorporate them or simply join Igbos. The choice is theirs to make.

8 Likes

Re: Why Ibom Republic Will Become Reality by Norwichsailor(m): 1:46pm On Jun 21, 2021
24SEVEN:
The guy is just a very stupid person.

2 Likes

Re: Why Ibom Republic Will Become Reality by 24SEVEN: 1:47pm On Jun 21, 2021

Ibeno and Eastern Obolo also control access to the sea. grin
Re: Why Ibom Republic Will Become Reality by Norwichsailor(m): 1:47pm On Jun 21, 2021
FreeIgbos:

You really should be smart enough to choose your battles wisely. Why fight for Cross River people when they can fight for themselves?

You should even encourage Akwa Ibom people for being courageous enough to start their own movement. The more people agitate, the better! Let the Cross River people begin their own movement, ask Ibom people to incorporate them or simply join Igbos. The choice is theirs to make.
He's fighting fulanis and yorubas and at the same time making enemies in the creeks with ijaw and ibibio people. The lad feels they can fight everyone and win

2 Likes

Re: Why Ibom Republic Will Become Reality by Almaigaa: 1:48pm On Jun 21, 2021
eeetuk:

By eeetuk

God bless them!

My recommendation

You wan give Nnandi Kanu, IPOB, ESN, BIAFRANS, Unknown Gunmen and their SYMPATHISERS HEART ATTACK. The aim of their agitation is Akwaibom Oil. grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Ibom Republic Will Become Reality by Norwichsailor(m): 1:48pm On Jun 21, 2021
24SEVEN:

Ibeno and Eastern Obolo also control access to the sea. grin
And they are ibibios so your point is?

1 Like

Re: Why Ibom Republic Will Become Reality by 24SEVEN: 1:50pm On Jun 21, 2021
Norwichsailor:

The guy is just a very stupid person.

No, he's not. Infact he's making a solid point.

3 Likes

Re: Why Ibom Republic Will Become Reality by 24SEVEN: 1:51pm On Jun 21, 2021
Norwichsailor:

And they are ibibios so your point is?

No, they are Ijaws.
Re: Why Ibom Republic Will Become Reality by Igboid: 1:52pm On Jun 21, 2021
Norwichsailor:

You're using an old moniker of 2009 and sentiment to an argument in 2021?
I'm starting to doubt you're igbo sef because I don't know why ibom Republic and who constitute it is suddenly your problem. Please get out
Ibeno and Eastern obolo people are still ibibios. If I say anioma or ikwerre people aren't igbos now you'll start crying all over the place like a baby

Nope. Ibeno and Eastern Obolo are not Ibibios.
Infact trying to call them Ibibios would only play into the hands of divide and conquer Nigerians who would definitely try to separate them from you.

My advice:

The success or failure of Ibom republic is hinged on Eastern Obolo, Ibeno and Oron, all of who have several degrees of misgivings towards Ibibio/Annang people who have dominated Akwaibom since it's creation.

Before Nigeria gets to Ibeno and Eastern Obolo, I am advising you lots to meet them, I mean their grassroots first and make real concessions and concrete assurances to them grin. Though this would be hard seeing how Ikot Ekpene (Annang) and Uyo(Ibibio) are shinning while many Ibeno and Eastern Obolo villages lie in squalor.
But do your best to promise them some amendments.

Because if not grin Wahala dey o!

Ijaw people are already in Ibeno and Eastern Obolo claiming to be Indigenous.

FG( Hausa-Fulani) will just empower those Ijaw people there and suppress any pro Ibibio voices there and that's game over!

Don't say I didn't warn you. cry

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why PDP Governors & Elders Must Ensure 35% Youth Representation In The New NWC / Throwback Picture Of Bola Tinubu With 'his Boys' ( Drop A Caption) / Malting Plant Kicks Off In Aba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.