Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,510 members, 7,819,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:23 AM

Yoruba Scholars, Monarchs Caution Igboho, Demand Decentralised Govt - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Scholars, Monarchs Caution Igboho, Demand Decentralised Govt (19689 Views)

23 States Run Local Security Outfits As Groups Demand Decentralised Policing / Ibibio Monarchs Caution Ekere Over Political Violence, Insolent Behaviour / Osinbajo Returns To Ekiti, Apologises To Monarchs For Not Paying Homage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Scholars, Monarchs Caution Igboho, Demand Decentralised Govt by iKingsley(m): 10:27am On Jun 22, 2021
Fahdiga1:
We the Yorubas want to be on our own. We are tired of staying with the Igbos
the feeling is mutual. Who you epp?! grin
Re: Yoruba Scholars, Monarchs Caution Igboho, Demand Decentralised Govt by orisa37: 10:27am On Jun 22, 2021
PROFESSOR BANJI AKINTOYE HAS DONE A LOT OF WORK ON THIS PARTICULAR ISSUE. ADENIGGA (m) SHOULD PLEASE RECONCILE ALL VIEWS FOR US ON NAIRALAND.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Scholars, Monarchs Caution Igboho, Demand Decentralised Govt by ShadowCracker(m): 10:28am On Jun 22, 2021
Re: Yoruba Scholars, Monarchs Caution Igboho, Demand Decentralised Govt by Coldie(m): 10:28am On Jun 22, 2021
We igbos see nothing wrong with the status quo, all we want is end to corruption and rotational presidency amongst the 6 geopolitical zones
Re: Yoruba Scholars, Monarchs Caution Igboho, Demand Decentralised Govt by optionalY09: 10:29am On Jun 22, 2021
Monogamy:

What else would you expect from scholars suggestions.. Best way to go

Secession is not the answer but devolution of power

Buhari said he wouldn’t restructure Nigeria
Re: Yoruba Scholars, Monarchs Caution Igboho, Demand Decentralised Govt by JooEeL(m): 10:30am On Jun 22, 2021
LOL

APC MUMUMMADUS .

THE DIASPORAN APC WING.

YORUBA ELDERS MY FOOT! KO NI DA FUN GBOGBO NYIN.
Re: Yoruba Scholars, Monarchs Caution Igboho, Demand Decentralised Govt by Nobody: 10:30am On Jun 22, 2021
Amuu impressed
Re: Yoruba Scholars, Monarchs Caution Igboho, Demand Decentralised Govt by nedekid: 10:30am On Jun 22, 2021
Fahdiga1:
As said by a fulani undecided
Re: Yoruba Scholars, Monarchs Caution Igboho, Demand Decentralised Govt by iKingsley(m): 10:30am On Jun 22, 2021
Atiwaye:
If you don't know Toyin falola then stop talking trash about Nigeria because you know nothing as far as Nigeria is concerned. Back to the matter I think to decentralized the government is a good way to go although that's what north don't want to hear.

But trust me if southern can unite on this matter there's nothing north can do than to concur, I just don't know why igbo elites are silent over everything they don't support biafra they don't support decentralized where do they belong self?
I am dot in a circle but leaders are cowards. They cannot speak up for the the people they represent just because of what they want to gain politically

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Scholars, Monarchs Caution Igboho, Demand Decentralised Govt by Badgers14: 10:30am On Jun 22, 2021
Atiwaye:

But trust me if southern can unite on this matter there's nothing north can do than to concur, I just don't know why igbo elites are silent over everything they don't support biafra they don't support decentralized where do they belong self?

You are right but that's difficult for them to do.
Unlike the North, they all stand united on any issue concerning the North.

But the south are always divided, they want oduduwa Republic, the want Biafra, they want Ibom nation, they want Niger delta country plus other groups that are gingering to be given their own country.. all in the southern Nigerian.

If they all could use the same muscle, in unit.. stand there grounds regardless of party affiliation... this issue would have been thing of the past. Your suggestion would have been adopted long time ago
Re: Yoruba Scholars, Monarchs Caution Igboho, Demand Decentralised Govt by colestephan86: 10:32am On Jun 22, 2021
Fahdiga1:
Lol
There are yorubas in Benin Republic, go join them there
Re: Yoruba Scholars, Monarchs Caution Igboho, Demand Decentralised Govt by Eriokanmi: 10:32am On Jun 22, 2021
Monogamy:

What else would you expect from scholars suggestions.. Best way to go

Secession is not the answer but devolution of power
Fulanis never wanted this, remember?
Re: Yoruba Scholars, Monarchs Caution Igboho, Demand Decentralised Govt by meccuno: 10:33am On Jun 22, 2021
Atiwaye:
If you don't know Toyin falola then stop talking trash about Nigeria because you know nothing as far as Nigeria is concerned. Back to the matter I think to decentralized the government is a good way to go although that's what north don't want to hear.

They are very useless people.
Re: Yoruba Scholars, Monarchs Caution Igboho, Demand Decentralised Govt by tamdun: 10:33am On Jun 22, 2021
Fahdiga1:
U don forget ur tribe ni? Ọmọ Igbo
Re: Yoruba Scholars, Monarchs Caution Igboho, Demand Decentralised Govt by Nobody: 10:34am On Jun 22, 2021
Odudua Nation is here to stay
Re: Yoruba Scholars, Monarchs Caution Igboho, Demand Decentralised Govt by Jeetech01(m): 10:34am On Jun 22, 2021
You have spoken well my Prof.

Decentralization is what we need rather than talking about separation at this time.

If only the Nigerian government will listen and respond to this.
Re: Yoruba Scholars, Monarchs Caution Igboho, Demand Decentralised Govt by Laren24(m): 10:34am On Jun 22, 2021
theTranslator:

So?

I repeat

Mind your business
You're just quoting in the nonsense
Re: Yoruba Scholars, Monarchs Caution Igboho, Demand Decentralised Govt by King44(m): 10:35am On Jun 22, 2021
SmartPolician:
Those who call for restructuring should know they are just wasting their time.

The north can never allow the south to control their resources and seaports.

It's as simple as ABC.
and they don't support decentralized government.... It won't be bad to pull out.

If I hear that APC and the northerner Muslims support a decentralized gvt make I bend... They prefer to die in poverty and keep suffering than seeing the possibility of making the country work for the benefit of all and not the few.

Besides, they are the ones suffering the most, suffering has turned their way of life. Only the few are benefitting from this bondage.

The scholars almost made sense but no sense cos they know the obvious

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Scholars, Monarchs Caution Igboho, Demand Decentralised Govt by saintmm(m): 10:35am On Jun 22, 2021
Most of those scholars had lost touch with reality. They are profs of history, so, they read what had happened before. Besides, how many of them are on ground in Nigeria and living in those rural communities that are facing terrors of herdsmen day in day out?
Also, many of them have benefited from this current system so the need to preserve it for their children to continue milking from where they stopped.
Decentralized government is a big English the Northerners will never want to understand nor allow to happen.
So, everyone carry your portion.

I rise

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Scholars, Monarchs Caution Igboho, Demand Decentralised Govt by friday2011(m): 10:35am On Jun 22, 2021
Guestlander:
Nowhere was Igboho mentioned in the write up. What's up with the misleading title?

Yeah... somehow he was not mentioned but he is a part of those agitating for seccesion.

TBH...They don't have to mention his name.

There are millions of "igboho" out there but lack the strength and courage to speak out.
Re: Yoruba Scholars, Monarchs Caution Igboho, Demand Decentralised Govt by omoluka: 10:38am On Jun 22, 2021
ZZ22:
Whenever there's a call to break this cesspit some foolish group will spring up in the middle of the night to disturb your ears with restructuring, autonomy, devolution and once the call for secession dies down you will never hear from the group again. Fulani herdsmen are killing people as they like and no group has converged to do or say anything but once the people come together to protect themselves thousands of otellectual group will spring immediately to tell you don't do it, don't take laws in to your
hand.
God knows i don't take all these so called leaders, elders, scholars, ottelectual serious anymore

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Scholars, Monarchs Caution Igboho, Demand Decentralised Govt by femmoy(m): 10:38am On Jun 22, 2021
Guestlander:
Nowhere was Igboho mentioned in the write up. What's up with the misleading title?

You spoke my mind. I guess op is high on expired weed.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Scholars, Monarchs Caution Igboho, Demand Decentralised Govt by Gbengbelu: 10:39am On Jun 22, 2021
Better
Re: Yoruba Scholars, Monarchs Caution Igboho, Demand Decentralised Govt by omoluka: 10:40am On Jun 22, 2021
SmartPolician:
Those who call for restructuring should know they are just wasting their time.

The north can never allow the south to control their resources and seaports.

It's as simple as ABC.
Don't mind the so called ottellectual
Re: Yoruba Scholars, Monarchs Caution Igboho, Demand Decentralised Govt by theTranslator: 10:40am On Jun 22, 2021
Laren24:

You're just quoting in the nonsense
undecided
Re: Yoruba Scholars, Monarchs Caution Igboho, Demand Decentralised Govt by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 10:41am On Jun 22, 2021
Atiwaye:

Tinubu, Fashola and Osibanjo that clamoured for restructuring before 2015 general election where do they belong now?

The Speaker House of Representatives is from SW yet they can't checkmate the executive arm.

All of them are in the ruling party and are from SW....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Scholars, Monarchs Caution Igboho, Demand Decentralised Govt by Mutemenot(m): 10:42am On Jun 22, 2021
Atiwaye:

Igbos aren't your problem neither are they the problem of this country .. Try to be patriotic enough to hit harder on the Northerners who are parasitic

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ogun Assembly Bans Open Grazing, To Attract 3-Year Jail Term / Patience Jonathan Hurriedly Flown To Germany / Former First Ladies Spent £32,000 As Landing Fees – Aisha Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.