Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,814 members, 7,956,078 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 12:38 AM

Holiday in Ghana, is it worth it? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Holiday in Ghana, is it worth it? (3039 Views)

Instant Photos Of My Christmas Holiday In Latvia / Qatar Work Visa For 600k.is It Worth It? / Living In Lagos, Is It Worth It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Holiday in Ghana, is it worth it? by hope2007(f): 3:48pm On May 06, 2011
Is Ghana worth the effort of one taking a trip there for holidays? I m looking for a West African country to holiday in pls let the house help
Re: Holiday in Ghana, is it worth it? by LilyZ(f): 3:50pm On May 06, 2011
Re: Holiday in Ghana, is it worth it? by Nobody: 4:58pm On May 06, 2011
What do you mean by effort? Anyways, Ghana is a cool place to relax with lots of Tourist activities going on, you feel safer and steady power supply e.t.c makes Ghana a better hub to hideaway.
Re: Holiday in Ghana, is it worth it? by hope2007(f): 5:14pm On May 06, 2011
Can u mention the tourist attractions? And when is it best to visit?
Re: Holiday in Ghana, is it worth it? by Nobody: 5:40pm On May 06, 2011
Sorry i may not be able to give you a full list but amost the popular ones are the Elmina Castle at Cape coast, the Hippo santuary somewhere in the North, Kankum national park e.t.c. You can google Toursits attractions in Ghana and you'll get quiet an handful of them. The catch is the night life at Osu. Cabs work all night and you're not likely to get mobbed in the middle of the night. Most streets are well lighted and you get to meet a handfull of foreigners. Thats the Catch.
Re: Holiday in Ghana, is it worth it? by saintbajar(m): 6:56pm On May 06, 2011
in addition visit the tribe of nzulezu. (the hole village live on water). skool, chuurch everything on water),

safe bro.
Re: Holiday in Ghana, is it worth it? by endmoll(m): 12:45am On May 09, 2011
hope2007:

Is Ghana worth the effort of one taking a trip there for holidays? I m looking for a West African country to holiday in pls let the house help
You will never regret going to Ghana for holidays, i was in Ghana for 2months on a holiday trip after some scary period in Nigeria. I felt so relaxed and enjoyed the people whom i respect so much for there respect and attitude.I came back to Nigeria to catch my flight back to base that was when i understood that Nigeria was hell compared to heavenly Ghana. If you have the time i advice you to visit Ghana and you will have fun and won't spend a fortune.
Wish you luck.
Re: Holiday in Ghana, is it worth it? by PetroDolla: 6:57pm On May 10, 2011
What do you mean is Ghana "worth" the effort? Is somebody forcing you to go to Ghana? Close to a million tourists visit Ghana every year-most of them Westerners. I am sure they won't be going if they don't consider it "worthwhile." I recommend you go to Niger,Chad ,Cameroon or even Obudu-those one are even closer,huh?
Re: Holiday in Ghana, is it worth it? by horny4u(f): 6:40am On May 11, 2011
I was in ghana several times about 5years ago, last year I was in gambia both countries as tourist and both countries are friendly however but the bros wetin you bring bumsters are in gambia I didnot notice this in ghana having said that I went to gambia with some white friends while ghana was with my sisters and so they may have thot white people means laulau spending.
Gambia was a packaged holiday with gambian experience and stayed at ocean bay and totally enjoyed it.ghana was a nice hotel in tudu not as upmarket as ocean bay but clean and totally helpful staff.
Ghana has more of the 9ja TFC and mr biggs feel to its osu with papaye and frankies being the top dogs.while gambia has a less sophisticated feel to its senegambia strip with live music, culture and booze. From both places I had the boost of noone knows me here, let my hair down and misbehave a little.
I love the ghanian food more the light soup and kelewele. I felt safe in both countries however gambia seemed a lot hungrier than Ghana. If I could find a package holiday for ghana at same price with gambia I will choose ghana for clean positive vibes,honesty,straight forwardness and gambia for culture and ease (most of the people seem lazy and a little desperate like they want something for nothing)
Make sure to bring me some kelewele from ghana or massages from gambia.
Enjoy
Re: Holiday in Ghana, is it worth it? by loanman: 3:19pm On Mar 05, 2017
Are you coming to Accra, Ghana, for holiday and needs a well furnished and affordable accommodation, think of Newcastle Place. Newcastle Place is located in Spintex Area Accra, within 12 minutes drive of the Kotota Airport and other important locations. There are 6 tastefully fully furnished rooms, each room has bed and linens, chair and table, cable TV, AC, fan, refrigerator and fully fitted washroom.

There are two fully furnished living rooms and two fully fitted kitchen. This gives a homely environment. The cost/night ranges from US$25 to US$35.

Contact +233545830666 or bamidele_olaniyi@yahoo.com for further information and booking.

(1) (Reply)

Migrating To Australia, Pls Help / Italian Visa / Nigeria Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.