Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,127 members, 7,811,180 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:26 AM

Duterte To Jail Those Who Refuse COVID-19 Vaccines - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Duterte To Jail Those Who Refuse COVID-19 Vaccines (11518 Views)

President Rodrigo Duterte: I Used To Be Gay, 'Cured' Myself With Beautiful Women / Rodrigo Duterte Brags About His Huge Manhood / President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Duterte To Jail Those Who Refuse COVID-19 Vaccines by lalasticlala(m): 12:59pm On Jun 22, 2021
Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte threatened to jail those who refuse Covid-19 vaccines as the nation ramps up inoculations to prevent the spread of the highly contagious delta variant.

“If you’re a person who’s not vaccinated and a potential carrier, to protect the people, I have to sequester you in jail,” Duterte said late Monday. Village leaders should keep a list of those who refused to be vaccinated, he said.

If implemented, Duterte’s threat could be among the severest measures to boost inoculations in a nation where majority are unsure of or reject vaccines. Indonesia earlier this year moved to punish those who refuse shots with fines or delayed aid.

Justice Secretary Menardo Guevarra however countered Duterte’s remarks Tuesday, saying in a statement that there’s no law compelling citizens to get vaccinated. Duterte’s spokesman Harry Roque also said at a briefing that vaccinations remain voluntary, adding that the president’s remarks were meant to “emphasize what the state can do.”

During his Monday address, Duterte also halted plans to resume physical classes and retained mandatory wearing of face shields. He said he will not obey the courts on how to manage the pandemic, after lawyers in the central province of Cebu questioned the national task force’s testing and quarantine protocols.

“The first wave has really depleted the resources of government,” Duterte said. “Another one would be disastrous for this country. That is why the stricter you are, the better.”

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-06-22/duterte-threatens-to-jail-those-who-refuse-covid-vaccines?utm_source=twitter&utm_content=business&utm_campaign=socialflow-organic&utm_medium=social&cmpid=socialflow-twitter-business&s=09

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Duterte To Jail Those Who Refuse COVID-19 Vaccines by PlayMaker14: 1:03pm On Jun 22, 2021
This uncircumcised Philippine president reminds me of one tyrant who threatens to deal with his citizens in a language that they will understand.

Na by force to take Vaccine? This is an infringement against their fundamental human right.

108 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Duterte To Jail Those Who Refuse COVID-19 Vaccines by Righteousness2(m): 1:06pm On Jun 22, 2021
That is Babaric, inhumane and evil!

I remember We spoke about this since last year but we were insulted and many said we are babbling !

No Mask... No Service
No Vaccine ... No Service!
Which will become
No Mark... No Service after the Rapture of the Church..

For me, Never Ever will I take it!
I will rather Lose my Job or my life than have that Jab in me.

The Ground is being tested for what is Coming.They wanna see the reaction of people.

Live Ready Folks! Surrender to JESUS Christ!
Time is almost up! JESUS is Coming!
It is Gonna be Hell on Earth after the Rapture!

59 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Duterte To Jail Those Who Refuse COVID-19 Vaccines by Wiseandtrue(f): 1:08pm On Jun 22, 2021
We are in the last days

REVELATIONS comes to mind

Wow betide anyone who will force me against my will

Man is free to make his choices!

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Duterte To Jail Those Who Refuse COVID-19 Vaccines by excomarow(m): 1:08pm On Jun 22, 2021
Na him be say, Buhari Go Jail Plenty for Naija be that... I dey among them grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Duterte To Jail Those Who Refuse COVID-19 Vaccines by Wizzyfuturewife(f): 1:09pm On Jun 22, 2021
Is this so
Re: Duterte To Jail Those Who Refuse COVID-19 Vaccines by BRATISLAVA: 1:09pm On Jun 22, 2021
Probably will happen worldwide.

One already can't resume at work without it. Forcing one to take it.

"It's not forceful, it's not forceful!"

Yes, it actually is.

Why, though? It's not worse than Ebola.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Duterte To Jail Those Who Refuse COVID-19 Vaccines by willexyaho(m): 1:09pm On Jun 22, 2021
Ok
Re: Duterte To Jail Those Who Refuse COVID-19 Vaccines by Sabadon(m): 1:09pm On Jun 22, 2021
Du30 my man......siege kuya take it easy grin grin grin, e never reach lik dat na

Re: Duterte To Jail Those Who Refuse COVID-19 Vaccines by alcuin(m): 1:09pm On Jun 22, 2021
New world order? Mark of the beast?

Just thinking.

Anyway, I don't believe in those things.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Duterte To Jail Those Who Refuse COVID-19 Vaccines by Benesis: 1:09pm On Jun 22, 2021
While i may not be for the forceful vacination of people.

But then, i will still love to ask our Nigerian pastors how most of their end time stories turned out.

5g network causing Corona, to Bill gate wanting to conquer the world, and all sort of bulshit.

The funny thing is, it's still us that talk about 1world government that Support Crypto, i am into crypto, but truth is, if there will ever be a 1world govt it will be through Crypto where a single individual can control everything to the point of growing and destroyin market witj a single click.

But hell no, its not Elon Musk, but Bill Gate, the very guy sharing mosquito net to checkmate Mosquito which has killed by far more than all other pandemics.. But hell no, our pastors will sleep in the net and come out and preach that we avoid Bill gate, and then the Technical Unit will Use *"windows"* to upload and stream it for the world to see, and they will use "4g network" which is only slightly different from "5g network".

I know say weytin i talk no too too relate, but a lot of religious folks will come here to attack a president who might be trying to prevent what happened to indians from happening to his people... The moment, we stop being overly religious and really think things through with our God given head, will be the moment we find out thar the world is so much fun, and no need to be rushing to build mansions in heavens or Motels in hell..

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Duterte To Jail Those Who Refuse COVID-19 Vaccines by Timbryconcept: 1:09pm On Jun 22, 2021
Re: Duterte To Jail Those Who Refuse COVID-19 Vaccines by ThinkSmarter: 1:09pm On Jun 22, 2021
Dem go jail tire if na naija.
We never wear facemask, na controversial vaccine we go take.

3 Likes

Re: Duterte To Jail Those Who Refuse COVID-19 Vaccines by jesus247alive(m): 1:09pm On Jun 22, 2021
It's only God that knows this peoples plan...

God will help us.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Duterte To Jail Those Who Refuse COVID-19 Vaccines by UncleHaba22: 1:10pm On Jun 22, 2021
Hehe
Re: Duterte To Jail Those Who Refuse COVID-19 Vaccines by justi4jesu(f): 1:10pm On Jun 22, 2021
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Duterte To Jail Those Who Refuse COVID-19 Vaccines by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jun 22, 2021
OK, noted
Re: Duterte To Jail Those Who Refuse COVID-19 Vaccines by Praxis758: 1:10pm On Jun 22, 2021
Vaccine should be by choice and not compulsion.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Duterte To Jail Those Who Refuse COVID-19 Vaccines by diplomat058(m): 1:10pm On Jun 22, 2021
Good. It is your social and civic responsibility to get vaccinated

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Duterte To Jail Those Who Refuse COVID-19 Vaccines by olatade(m): 1:11pm On Jun 22, 2021
Could be worse. He shoots alleged drug users in cold blood.

2 Likes

Re: Duterte To Jail Those Who Refuse COVID-19 Vaccines by diplomat058(m): 1:11pm On Jun 22, 2021
Righteousness2:
That is Babaric, inhumane and evil!

For me, Never Ever will I take it!
I will rather Lose my Job or my life than have that Jab in me.
It's your choice. Even Most Christians in the devoped countries are being vaccinated. I can't believe the ones n this cesspit Nigeria are still being turned on by conspiracy garbage.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Duterte To Jail Those Who Refuse COVID-19 Vaccines by Radovey: 1:11pm On Jun 22, 2021
Oh wow

1 Like

Re: Duterte To Jail Those Who Refuse COVID-19 Vaccines by ejigboyemustap(m): 1:12pm On Jun 22, 2021
Nawa ooo is it by force to the vaccine?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Duterte To Jail Those Who Refuse COVID-19 Vaccines by Danny50: 1:12pm On Jun 22, 2021
If its happens in nigeria then the fg should be ready to jail 98% of nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Duterte To Jail Those Who Refuse COVID-19 Vaccines by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jun 22, 2021
its happening, this is exactly what the bible said. 666 no be physical mark.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Duterte To Jail Those Who Refuse COVID-19 Vaccines by Cascoolbest: 1:12pm On Jun 22, 2021
angry
Re: Duterte To Jail Those Who Refuse COVID-19 Vaccines by akeeng: 1:13pm On Jun 22, 2021
Too many people with coconut heads lol

1 Like

Re: Duterte To Jail Those Who Refuse COVID-19 Vaccines by kyuniii(m): 1:13pm On Jun 22, 2021
No escape route, get vaccinated or get sent to jail.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Israel Plans Nuclear Strike On Iran / Bank Of England Lifts Interest Rate To 15-Year High / Cameroon Government Launches Campaign Against Social Media

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.