Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,443 members, 7,816,016 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:35 PM

Hajj 1997: The Great Fire In Minna - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Hajj 1997: The Great Fire In Minna (15353 Views)

Evidence For The Ritual Of Stoning The Jamaraat During Hajj / Unidentified Woman Dies During Hajj Pilgrimage In Saudi Arabia. Photo / Unidentified Woman Who Died During Hajj Trip To Mecca (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hajj 1997: The Great Fire In Minna by Lukgaf(m): 6:17pm On Jun 23, 2021
During the annual Hajj pilgrimage on April 15, 1997, a massive fire ripped through the tent city of Mina (Makkah), killing over 340 pilgrims and wounding over 1,500 others.

An estimated 2 million people assembled in Mina on the first day of Hajj. A canister of cooking gas (gas stove) exploded around 11:45 a.m. on that day, triggering a massive fire in the camp. Winds of over 40 miles per hour (64 kilometers per hour) drove the fire out of control, causing it to spread to nearby tents. An estimated 70,000 tents were destroyed in all.

The Saudis employed helicopters and 300 fire engines to put out the fire. Trucks fired powerful water jets into the camp, filling the air with black smoke, according to television news sources.

Following the Mina fire, King Fahd bin Abdulaziz sent condolences to the families of the dead from Saudi Arabia and overseas on behalf of himself and his country. The majority of the pilgrims, according to diplomats, were Indian and Pakistanis.

Following the incident, the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Fahad (May Allah mercy upon him) issued orders to take measures and prevent such an incident from reoccurring.

The majority of tents in Mina were made fireproof within a year and a comprehensive fire plan was introduced, since then not a major fire incident has taken place and during small incidents, the fire has been controlled with no casualties or injuries

Haramain Sharifain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OMRS2DO4-w

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hajj 1997: The Great Fire In Minna by Rashduct4luv(m): 8:46am On Jun 24, 2021
Anas ibn Malik reported: A man said, “O Messenger of Allah, should I tie my camel and trust in Allah, or should I leave her untied and trust in Allah?” The Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Tie her and trust in Allah.”

Source: Sunan al-Tirmidhī 2517

Grade: Hasan (fair) according to Al-Albani

https://www.abuaminaelias.com/dailyhadithonline/2012/11/17/trust-allah-tie-your-camel/

May Allah direct all our affairs in the best way.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hajj 1997: The Great Fire In Minna by AntiChristian: 9:03am On Jun 24, 2021
May Allah grant us all an acceptable Hajj from Halal wealth.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hajj 1997: The Great Fire In Minna by englishmart(m): 10:52am On Jul 09, 2021
Man need explanation For a lot of things which includes how heaven and earth were created, how man came about, etc. Since some of these can't be explained rationally then the need for religion. To help concretize assumptions

6 Likes

Re: Hajj 1997: The Great Fire In Minna by Adlac(m): 10:58am On Jul 09, 2021
Hendtime:
[s]You thrown stone at an imaginary shaytan then your master the devil himself came and throw fireballs

grin grin grin grin
[/s]

10 Likes

Re: Hajj 1997: The Great Fire In Minna by Adlac(m): 10:59am On Jul 09, 2021
RisenJoe:
[s]They went to throw stones to an imaginary shaytan, then the real Satan came and dealt with them
[/s]

10 Likes

Re: Hajj 1997: The Great Fire In Minna by ValCon888: 11:00am On Jul 09, 2021
Muslims can comment on Christian thread without saying "I believe in Jesus the only son of God".
But Christians cannot comment on Muslim thread without saying they believe in Allah.

This shows you how intolerant they are.

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Hajj 1997: The Great Fire In Minna by harmargedon: 11:00am On Jul 09, 2021
Was that the job of Michael
Re: Hajj 1997: The Great Fire In Minna by Incognito403: 11:07am On Jul 09, 2021
ValCon888:
Muslims can comment on Christian thread without saying "I believe in Jesus the only son of God".
But Christians cannot comment on Muslim thread without saying they believe in Allah.

Perhaps, if Christians learnt to respect others and only engage with educative debates instead of insults and foul words, perhaps then the barriers would be raised. Till then, it will remain as it is.

A quick reminder, this barrier wasn't there before. In fact, the religion section didn't have a subsection for Muslims. But when the owners of Nairaland saw how immature and intolerant Nigerian Christians behaved, they created a subsection for Muslims and called it "Islam for Muslims".

Yet, that didn't stop the immature islamophobes from entering the session to spill bile and hate. Then they placed the barrier that you must testify before entry.

Now look, has that stopped the intolerant and hateful islamophobes from spilling foul and hateful words against Islam and Muslims? Definitely, no.

Therefore, why should the owners of the forum consider raising the barrier. In fact, they need to make a thicker barrier.

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Hajj 1997: The Great Fire In Minna by Faithti(m): 11:12am On Jul 09, 2021
how do i remove that i belive in islam frm my profile

5 Likes

Re: Hajj 1997: The Great Fire In Minna by almarthins(m): 11:12am On Jul 09, 2021
ValCon888:

No mind them. Any body will curse Jesus and call him all sort of name but if u say muhamed na devil Dem go come butcher you overnight. Islam and hypocrisy, they re nt far from biblical Pharisee and scribe.

10 Likes

Re: Hajj 1997: The Great Fire In Minna by Adexvivacity(m): 11:13am On Jul 09, 2021
ValCon888:

Many who don't understand Islam hate it for no reason.

5 Likes

Re: Hajj 1997: The Great Fire In Minna by Faithti(m): 11:21am On Jul 09, 2021
Adexvivacity:

Many who don't understand Islam hate it for no reason.
what is this one saying....how does him asking a question connects with not understanding islam?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hajj 1997: The Great Fire In Minna by Ngasky(m): 11:23am On Jul 09, 2021
We should respect each others religion. But i dont know what they are teaching them in the churches but definitely this hatred and abuse has never been in the bible

7 Likes

Re: Hajj 1997: The Great Fire In Minna by adeniyi65(m): 11:28am On Jul 09, 2021
Faithti:

grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Hajj 1997: The Great Fire In Minna by BnQoyyim(m): 11:29am On Jul 09, 2021
RisenJoe:
They went to throw stones to an imaginary shaytan, then the real Satan came and dealt with them

Psalm 84:5-6

New International Version
5 Blessed are those whose strength is in you,
whose hearts are set on pilgrimage.
6 As they pass through the Valley of Baka,
they make it a place of springs;
the autumn rains also cover it with pools.
"Baka" is Mecca, even in the Qur'an.

Your bibles are not understood by you.
Christendom is a scam, thus, Church of Satan.
Re: Hajj 1997: The Great Fire In Minna by BnQoyyim(m): 11:33am On Jul 09, 2021

Isalm- a unique and natural religion practiced by the Prophets like Moses, Adam, Zachariah, Muhammad, Jesus and many more.
I'm proud for being a Muslim.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hajj 1997: The Great Fire In Minna by NOETHNICITY(m): 11:36am On Jul 09, 2021
ValCon888:

The reason is because Muslims naturally don't concern themselves with Christian threads
But thesame can't be said of christians who go to Muslim threads to cause trouble

3 Likes

Re: Hajj 1997: The Great Fire In Minna by lobbyist(m): 11:37am On Jul 09, 2021
BnQoyyim:

"Baka" is Mecca, even in the Qur'an.

Your bibles are not understood by you.
Christendom is a scam, thus, Church of Satan.
So your Mecca is valley of Baka? You are too funny. Must you show your ignorant always?

4 Likes

Re: Hajj 1997: The Great Fire In Minna by UstazAhmed(m): 11:45am On Jul 09, 2021
Faithti:

Did anyone force you to accept it first before making a post or comment in this thread?

5 Likes

Re: Hajj 1997: The Great Fire In Minna by BnQoyyim(m): 11:59am On Jul 09, 2021
lobbyist:

So your Mecca is valley of Baka? You are too funny. Must you show your ignorant always?

...so ignorant to the extent of clear the air with biblical verses about your wrong notion on Islam.
Your own ignoramus can't but argue with hate speech and blasphemy. Come up with a convinceable evidence, if at all you have any.

Don't you Know the meaning of valley again?
Mekka is regarded as the peninsula- an area or land sorrounded by water and the places full of hill, mountain and valley.
Argue reasonably with your thumb.

2 Likes

Re: Hajj 1997: The Great Fire In Minna by Kingzeez10: 12:27pm On Jul 09, 2021
almarthins:

No mind them. Any body will curse Jesus and call him all sort of name but if u say muhamed na devil Dem go come butcher you overnight. Islam and hypocrisy, they re nt far from biblical Pharisee and scribe.
Show me a Muslim that said that on this forum

2 Likes

Re: Hajj 1997: The Great Fire In Minna by 02Kebreal(m): 12:27pm On Jul 09, 2021
May Allah rest their Souls.
As for the Christians here commenting rubbish.
Allah would take care of everyone
Re: Hajj 1997: The Great Fire In Minna by Topzee109: 12:58pm On Jul 09, 2021
ValCon888:

Brain leakage, how many times have Muslims attack or discriminate Christians on their thread

2 Likes

Re: Hajj 1997: The Great Fire In Minna by Topzee109: 12:58pm On Jul 09, 2021
DamnNiggar:
God punishing
Terrorists organization
Another fool spotted

1 Like

Re: Hajj 1997: The Great Fire In Minna by Topzee109: 1:00pm On Jul 09, 2021
almarthins:

Can you compare the way you Christians insult on Islam thread

You guys are truly Hypocrites

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fasting The Healthy Way. / How Do We Allocate Inheritance To A Hermaphrodite? / Mosque Offer Tea To Protesting Anti-Islam Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.