Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,171 members, 7,835,913 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:26 PM

The Struggle Of Wanting A Particular Child Gender - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Struggle Of Wanting A Particular Child Gender (12588 Views)

was I Wrong In Wanting To End Friendship With My Friend? / Nurse Set To Divorce Her Husband For Wanting To Pursue The Same Career As Hers / Wife Sets Her Husband's House On Fire In Birnin-Kebbi For Wanting Another Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Struggle Of Wanting A Particular Child Gender by Kaybaba5(m): 11:57am On Jun 24, 2021
Fingers are not equal
Re: The Struggle Of Wanting A Particular Child Gender by temi4fash(m): 11:57am On Jun 24, 2021
GboyegaD:
If you want a particular gender, opt for an IVF with gender selection. It is the surest.

Other options might be a TVS to know when the egg is released and copulate immediately of you want a male however, it isn't guaranteed.

Are you saying with IVF, The sex of a child can be selected?

How is it possible? Is there an extra cost to that?
Re: The Struggle Of Wanting A Particular Child Gender by poshestmina(f): 11:57am On Jun 24, 2021
Reminds me of my former hairstylist that gave birth to her 5th son recently all because she needs a girl .
Young woman not upto 35 years and the husband doesn't always help financially undecided undecided undecided.

I weak!!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Struggle Of Wanting A Particular Child Gender by Danny50: 11:57am On Jun 24, 2021
Have faith thatz all.
Re: The Struggle Of Wanting A Particular Child Gender by frankson1(m): 11:59am On Jun 24, 2021
Diamondniyi:
This made me remember one woman that gave birth to 15 children aim in finding a male child. Trust me, 14 of them are female while the 15th child later came as male.

She don rest now abi?

While my stepsister had 4 boys in search of a girl and so she ended up having 2 more children against 3 she wanted.

For me, boys or girls...I no send. The most important thing is for them to turn up well in life.

5 Likes

Re: The Struggle Of Wanting A Particular Child Gender by Harrynight(m): 12:00pm On Jun 24, 2021
Diamondniyi:
This made me remember one woman that gave birth to 15 children aim in finding a male child. Trust me, 14 of them are female while the 15th child later came as male.

Am sure she's not Rich

The kind of things mostly poor people would do
Re: The Struggle Of Wanting A Particular Child Gender by GboyegaD(m): 12:00pm On Jun 24, 2021
temi4fash:

Are you saying with IVF, The sex of a child can be selected?

How is it possible? Is there an extra cost to that?

It comes with an extra cost however, it is worth the peace for those who are so bothered about gender.
Re: The Struggle Of Wanting A Particular Child Gender by Misterone: 12:02pm On Jun 24, 2021
binarymachine:

Source:
https://flipmemes.com/2021/05/31/the-struggle-of-wanting-a-particular-child-gender/
As a redpiller you need a male child to pass your genes to. It is very necessary.
Re: The Struggle Of Wanting A Particular Child Gender by frankson1(m): 12:05pm On Jun 24, 2021
Harrynight:

Only the poor mostly bothered about their child gender!

Obama has two daughters and never complain about not having a make child

No talk this where Igbo men and their mothers dey o and especially if they're only son.

1 Like

Re: The Struggle Of Wanting A Particular Child Gender by bepositive11: 12:07pm On Jun 24, 2021
NaijaGoBetter20:
The madness is peculiar to Africans.

Because they believe in "old age dependency mentality" and continuity of surname.

I

I don't know why OP didn't mention this. Continuity of surname is a big one
Re: The Struggle Of Wanting A Particular Child Gender by OHIGGI: 12:07pm On Jun 24, 2021
any gender is good to go it all depend on your plan for them
Re: The Struggle Of Wanting A Particular Child Gender by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jun 24, 2021
I know of a family that had to give birth to eight boys all in the search for a girl
Re: The Struggle Of Wanting A Particular Child Gender by Lifeisnotajungl(m): 12:37pm On Jun 24, 2021
GboyegaD:
If you want a particular gender, opt for an IVF with gender selection. It is the surest.

Other options might be a TVS to know when the egg is released and copulate immediately of you want a male however, it isn't guaranteed.

u sabi book, this is what they taught me
Re: The Struggle Of Wanting A Particular Child Gender by Bobbyjay001(m): 12:39pm On Jun 24, 2021
I remember a woman in my area then, who had 3 boys and was pregnant witq the 4th And scan showed he was a boy as well. This woman had go diabolical to ciange the sex to a girl. After giving birth, you know what? The girl had/has severe acute down syndrome. Everyone used to chase her away. She was found of using vugal language and was expelled from every school she attended. Omo ti di sisi bayi sha. It's bn over 10years i saw her last sha.

1 Like

Re: The Struggle Of Wanting A Particular Child Gender by InvertedHammer: 12:41pm On Jun 24, 2021
/
Females are usually more useful to their parents at old age.

/

1 Like

Re: The Struggle Of Wanting A Particular Child Gender by LZAA: 12:43pm On Jun 24, 2021
Curious345:
Hnmm

BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA HAS only two 2 daughters.

Bill Clinton has only one daughter , but look at what they achieved ...

African mind is in need of deliverance
In your quest to sound intelligent you fell flat on your face
You just compared two people who live in a society where females are considered equal to men
Wtf has being African got to do with anything
The way some of you accept everything from the west to be correct i hope una no go accept hom.o one day grin

2 Likes

Re: The Struggle Of Wanting A Particular Child Gender by Harrynight(m): 1:58pm On Jun 24, 2021
frankson1:

No talk this where Igbo men and their mothers dey o and especially if they're only son.

cheesygrin
Re: The Struggle Of Wanting A Particular Child Gender by cococandy(f): 2:07pm On Jun 24, 2021
I would be disappointed if I didn’t have a girl so I’m very very grateful that I do. But I don’t think I would have been one of those people who go about over reproducing in the quest for their preferred baby gender. Taking unnecessary risks for nothing at that point.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Struggle Of Wanting A Particular Child Gender by gly(m): 2:14pm On Jun 24, 2021
Gone are the days when this is seen as a struggle!!!
OP, the present day happenings and milestones that have been achieved by both males and female folks in various fields/endeavours have showed no gender is of preference, but just different ways almighty God wired them from creation.
To this effect, I would say any child be it girl child or boy is equal and can deliver if mentored and given the right atmosphere to flourish just like a good farmer would give maximum attention to his/her crops, and you would agree with me that when the time is right for harvest, the produce would display for everyone to see.
Of course one can argue that girl child is vulnerable (prostitution for example)...oh they are weaker vessels hence why investing into them is waste of time, in like manner, guys are also vulnerable if the right thing is not done: arm robbery, cultism etc.

Way to go: if you have a girl child mentor her to be the likes of Madam Ngozi Okonjo Iweala and for the boy child mentor him to become seun Osewa cheesy and the end you reap your produce.
Forget the slogan of:Na Boys sure pass and enjoy life to make the world a better place.

Peace!!!

1 Like

Re: The Struggle Of Wanting A Particular Child Gender by od501: 3:03pm On Jun 24, 2021
Curious345:
Hnmm

BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA HAS only two 2 daughters.

Bill Clinton has only one daughter , but look at what they achieved ...

African mind is in need of deliverance

You are naive. Get educated with your culture, then come back and read your comment again. Only then you will realise naive you sound .

2 Likes

Re: The Struggle Of Wanting A Particular Child Gender by meobizy(f): 3:21pm On Jun 24, 2021
This doesn’t concern me because I’ll birth children according to my pocket. Taking care of one is more than enough expense so two at most and a third if I hit it big later.
Re: The Struggle Of Wanting A Particular Child Gender by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jun 24, 2021
Kids, irrespective of gender, deserve love.

3 Likes

Re: The Struggle Of Wanting A Particular Child Gender by Hathor5(f): 4:01pm On Jun 24, 2021
GboyegaD:

It's not going to end well. Nature has a way of bringing about balance in the gender ratio, humans don't. China's one child policy, for example, has led to a gender ration whereby the male population outnumbers the female population. Young men in China struggle to find wives and travel to neighboring countries to buy wives. This is the price they pay for discriminating against female infants in the name of culture.

2 Likes

Re: The Struggle Of Wanting A Particular Child Gender by Prettylima(f): 4:51pm On Jun 24, 2021
Sebastine1994:
Op is not current.

right now in China, women can now chose the gender of their baby with advancement in gene science.

doctor would ask you to chose the options and they would make it possible.

human beings are God already, infact by 2030, we would all have the gift of telepathy, it would reduce relationship problems by 90%

the world is moving fast, move with the times man.
Tell me more bro
Re: The Struggle Of Wanting A Particular Child Gender by Barcalee: 5:05pm On Jun 24, 2021
Some men ended up becoming polygamist all in the name of a male child which never came and they are regretting their action now
Re: The Struggle Of Wanting A Particular Child Gender by Katcall: 5:29pm On Jun 24, 2021
cococandy:
I would be disappointed if I didn’t have a girl so I’m very very grateful that I do. But I don’t think I would have been one of those people who go about over reproducing in the quest for their preferred baby gender. Taking unnecessary risks for nothing at that point.
You ended up contradicting yourself if don't know
Re: The Struggle Of Wanting A Particular Child Gender by Katcall: 5:33pm On Jun 24, 2021
Girl or boy. All na pikin. May i reap the fruit of my labor
Re: The Struggle Of Wanting A Particular Child Gender by Gfskw: 7:27pm On Jun 24, 2021
Hmmm
Re: The Struggle Of Wanting A Particular Child Gender by phemmyfour: 7:48pm On Jun 24, 2021
SanctifiedSista:
No struggling for anything,.like hannah tell God I want a boy and he will give u ...try it and see..have faith though, won't work without it.. listen to all Apostle'joshua Selman messages on youtube everyday and obey the instructions. Will strengthen ur faith
Hannah asked for a child not boy
Re: The Struggle Of Wanting A Particular Child Gender by cococandy(f): 9:47pm On Jun 24, 2021
Katcall:
You ended up contradicting yourself if don't know

No I didn’t.

It’s one thing to be a bit disappointed if you don’t get the gender you hoped you, but it’s another to make it into a problem (which it isn’t) by getting pregnant over and over again hoping for that one gender.

It’s not a big deal to not have one gender or the other even if you would have preferred to have both. That’s what I’m trying to convey to you.

7 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Women! Please Stay With Your Husbands: / Is The Fear Of Sagamite The Beginning Of Wisdom??? / 21 Years Old Boy Marries 52 Years Old Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.