Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,175 members, 7,829,207 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:32 PM

Self Development/skill Or School. (advise Me) - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Self Development/skill Or School. (advise Me) (8543 Views)

Since I Slept With My Staff She No Longer Respects Me Pls Advise Me / What Do You Advise Me To Do? / Help!! Business Or School? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Self Development/skill Or School. (advise Me) by beelyjay45(m): 10:01am On Jun 25, 2021
I am of the opinion that you should concentrate on both Self-development and school. learn a skill by the time you get admission into the University of your choice you would have learned a skill to earn from and money in running your program won't be a challenge, you would get to focus on your program absolutely and put less financial burden on ur folks

1 Like

Re: Self Development/skill Or School. (advise Me) by Lekan34: 10:07am On Jun 25, 2021
Blacksavage:
Bro focus on your writing skills and you will realized that school is just waste of time....
Afterall your brain no die...
This life don tire me I just wanna leave this world it’s not worth to live for poor people like me have help a lot of friends yet no reward from them I hustle yet no success but crypto, school, click bank, Dj yet no success
Re: Self Development/skill Or School. (advise Me) by tunary(m): 10:10am On Jun 25, 2021
Vicas2000:

Poster I was once in your shoes. Listen to this quy that I quoted.

Don't ditch school. You can postpone it though for 1-2 yrs if you want to hustle and make money.

If you are hard working and learn an online business you can make 1-2k dollars monthly to start with.

If you save up enough from your hustle...you can apply for a degree in the UK Via distance learning and get a bsc in 3yrs without even leaving the shores of Nigeria.

E.g. University of derby offers a bsc via distance learning at £5k per year.

But you've got to be extremely hardworking like a horse with 100x horse power to make it.

Wish you best of luck
Is this possible? Please how do I get details about this?
Re: Self Development/skill Or School. (advise Me) by ChiefS(m): 10:10am On Jun 25, 2021
Self-development is not mutually exclusive to going to school. In fact, you cannot go through school doing the right things at school without developing yourself. You are still young and have many more years to make money. Please go to school.

1 Like

Re: Self Development/skill Or School. (advise Me) by CapitalBank: 10:12am On Jun 25, 2021
DO BOTH... DON'T NEGLECT SCHOOL.. YOU NEED BOTH!
Re: Self Development/skill Or School. (advise Me) by BigBizzy(m): 10:12am On Jun 25, 2021
School is also part of self development. Combine school with whatever hustle you choose..just learn to strike a balance
Re: Self Development/skill Or School. (advise Me) by doublecross(m): 10:15am On Jun 25, 2021
Ya all be asking stupid questions these days
Re: Self Development/skill Or School. (advise Me) by Florasilver: 10:17am On Jun 25, 2021
Both
Re: Self Development/skill Or School. (advise Me) by Vicas2000: 10:23am On Jun 25, 2021
tunary:

Yes. VERY. Use Google.com to research what I have just said and start learning if you are serious.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Self Development/skill Or School. (advise Me) by pedeeda: 10:25am On Jun 25, 2021
Elistho:

I decided to get a UK used laptop for 30k and develop myself while also making money via my writing career.
I've taken a good decision ditching school and trying to get a skill?
How can I also make money from my writes, I've heard of amazon, the only reliable and most popular, what can you recommend also?
How about a blog?

ONLY 18? You don't know what GOD has done for you
Most people reading your comment will do anything to go back to your age. Mostly due to bad decisions of the past.
This is what you will do

1. Go to school and try and come out with a nice grade(Because later in life if things go down south, you can always fall back on the Cert.)
2. While in school learn an important skill which can fetch you money. I will suggest in the field of I.T or since you are already good in Writing, just pursue it and get better.
My brother gain admission into Chemical Engineering 8 years ago, while in 100 level he started learning programming, then later move to web development. Today he is serving in an I.T firm in lagos and also working in another company (both remotely)as a backend developer. Total take home pay monthly is around 350k as a 22yr old corper

Use your head bro, I have videos on Copywriting, Creative writing, Blogging, Youtube, Seo and the likes. These can help you in one way or the other. PM me to get it

Wow! Land a lucrative job in 2021. Grab this I.T MEGA BUNDLE and Go from ZERO to HERO in just 6 months. The skills you’ll learn will boost your career and make you more valuable on the job market. WhatsApp Me if interested. Payment on delivery

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Self Development/skill Or School. (advise Me) by josh123(m): 10:26am On Jun 25, 2021
Develop ur self bro before entering school. I wish I knew. Development first
Re: Self Development/skill Or School. (advise Me) by seyz91(m): 10:31am On Jun 25, 2021
Bro lets chat abou the ID.me level
AFvckingAlpha:
The fvck

Niggarr!!

My advice and I hope it's well taken, focus on your personal development and pave way for yourself, you still young and there's a lot of time to get better in your niche.

You see all those school shit they crap, I mean even Buhari said graduating doesn't guarantee you a job grin.

All my years for Uni, see where e end, nah behind lappy, dey roam anonymous online.

So I keep hustling online to put food on the table, even the EFCC bust didn't deter me, guess who came out unscathed.

Bring your CL info make I run ID.me.

Nobody gon pave way for you except you my niggarr!!

I said what I said

Re: Self Development/skill Or School. (advise Me) by drealcivilceno(m): 10:32am On Jun 25, 2021
Vicas2000:

Don't ditch school. You can postpone it though for 1-2 yrs if you want to hustle and make money.

If you are hard working and learn an online business you can make 1-2k dollars monthly to start with.

If you save up enough from your hustle...you can apply for a degree in the UK Via distance learning and get a bsc in 3yrs without even leaving the shores of Nigeria.

But you've got to be extremely hardworking like a horse with 100x horse power to make it.

Wish you best of luck

Just to add to what you guys have said. The aim is to have more options in this life. Simple but I hope you understand this one
Re: Self Development/skill Or School. (advise Me) by VTJN(m): 10:32am On Jun 25, 2021
Kaycee54321:
Whatever you do, don't ditch school.

Get a degree while learning a high value skill.

That degree which people call a "mere piece of paper" will open doors for you...

Personal experience:

My degree in a biological science course made it possible for me to work in a totally different field with my BSc.

Also, moving abroad as a career person (skilled labour) or through the study route means one can have several options/ways of migrating... instead of just hustling for tourist visa...

Don't ditch school.
spot on!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Self Development/skill Or School. (advise Me) by Nigerianboi1960(m): 10:34am On Jun 25, 2021
Elistho:
[color=#990000][/color]

Good afternoon Nairalanders.

I believe I'm speaking to learned and sophisticated people.

I'm 18, done with high school, I wrote JAMB once last year and applied for Law in one of our universities. I studied very well for it, albeit, I scored 249 and I've not been given admission. To me, my score was a not so pleasing score as I studied thoroughly and vigorously for the exams and I didn't deserve the score.

In my bid to enter school as a law student or nothing, as I've much passion for law, I decided to register for a Diploma-in-Law program in another university, admission is sure with a good O'level.

Howbeit, few days pass by, I had a rethink, I'll say I'm from an average family and with the way the economy is, I'm not financially ready for school.

You might ask why I didn't register for JAMB again this year, I'm working in a POS point, and work 12hours a day for a meagre pay as low as 10k, no time for studies, as such, I couldn't register for JAMB, coupled with my plans for Diploma-in-Law, after that direct entry to degree or write JAMB next year while I'm in school, ditch the program for Degree without completing it.

Today, while discussing with mum, she tried coaxing me to wait and write JAMB again next year, and ditch the Diploma program as it's baseless and they've no money for it this year, that I'll go to school without any financial stress if I wait and write again next year.

With the aforementioned, I decided I'll buy a laptop and start blogging and freelancing as I'm a writer, this thing is a God given talent and I didn't learn from anybody, when I pen down articles, people ask where I learnt the skill from and that I'm close to perfect.

I decided to get a UK used laptop for 30k and develop myself while also making money via my writing career.

How can I also make money from my writes, I've heard of amazon, the only reliable and most popular, what can you recommend also?

How about a blog?

Bro, you're in your prime. Honestly speaking, you'd get tired of school soon enough and still go to pursue personal development.

My advice for you:
- You've already got a source of steady income. Save and grow.
-Choose your path. It could be Forex, or Crypto, or blogging as you stated.
-Spend on courses and mentors. Learn from people already in the game.
-Always improve.

Keyword on mentor. To take a stride upwards, one often needs a mentor. Get one. E get why.
Re: Self Development/skill Or School. (advise Me) by drealcivilceno(m): 10:34am On Jun 25, 2021
Lekan34:

This life don tire me I just wanna leave this world it’s not worth to live for poor people like me have help a lot of friends yet no reward from them I hustle yet no success but crypto, school, click bank, Dj yet no success

I believe one day, you will come and gist us your story when get to the top!
Re: Self Development/skill Or School. (advise Me) by Excelinpages(m): 10:36am On Jun 25, 2021
Instead of blogging, go and learn and tech skill. Use blogging as a hobby.

That said, in all honesty, don't do the Diploma. It will be a waste of your time. A course in a poly for an OND is better than the diploma.

I learnt the hard way.
Re: Self Development/skill Or School. (advise Me) by tunary(m): 10:45am On Jun 25, 2021
Vicas2000:

Yes. VERY. Use Google.com to research what I have just said and start learning if you are serious.
Definitely bro, the only discouraging part is the fees, it's very expensive.

I'll go for the details on goggle right away
Re: Self Development/skill Or School. (advise Me) by pedeeda: 10:55am On Jun 25, 2021
tunary:
Don't listen to him, get a degree from campus learning, not distance learning. In my organization, some people were just sacked cos their degree is gotten online.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Self Development/skill Or School. (advise Me) by obamartins(m): 11:02am On Jun 25, 2021
Elistho:
[color=#990000][/color]

I'm 18, done with high school, I wrote JAMB once last year and applied for Law in one of our universities. I studied very well for it, albeit, I scored 249 and I've not been given admission. To me, my score was a not so pleasing score as I studied thoroughly and vigorously for the exams and I didn't deserve the score.

In my bid to enter school as a law student or nothing, as I've much passion for law, I decided to register for a Diploma-in-Law program in another university, admission is sure with a good O'level.

Howbeit, few days pass by, I had a rethink, I'll say I'm from an average family and with the way the economy is, I'm not financially ready for school.

You might ask why I didn't register for JAMB again this year, I'm working in a POS point, and work 12hours a day for a meagre pay as low as 10k, no time for studies, as such, I couldn't register for JAMB, coupled with my plans for Diploma-in-Law, after that direct entry to degree or write JAMB next year while I'm in school, ditch the program for Degree without completing it.

Today, while discussing with mum, she tried coaxing me to wait and write JAMB again next year, and ditch the Diploma program as it's baseless and they've no money for it this year, that I'll go to school without any financial stress if I wait and write again next year.

With the aforementioned, I decided I'll buy a laptop and start blogging and freelancing as I'm a writer, this thing is a God given talent and I didn't learn from anybody, when I pen down articles, people ask where I learnt the skill from and that I'm close to perfect.

How about a blog?

OP, enter my DM make i tell you something.
Re: Self Development/skill Or School. (advise Me) by Joebryan(m): 11:06am On Jun 25, 2021
Shoodboi:

How about if you learn Copywriting and get started on Upwork and Fiverr, and then you can scale out from there in the future?

Amazon is complicated and things like selling books or starting a blog or whatever else, will not make you instant cash (that's even if they ever make you any at all).

At this point, you need to learn and earn FAST.

Just quote me with the definition of Copywriting (as per how you understand it) if you're interested.

If I'm okay with your definition, I'll show you a link here on NL and send you an ebook (for Fiverr) that can help you get started.

Please we need to talk. Can I please have your WhatsApp number?
Re: Self Development/skill Or School. (advise Me) by LodiDodi(m): 11:10am On Jun 25, 2021
cheesy
Re: Self Development/skill Or School. (advise Me) by Zobah: 11:11am On Jun 25, 2021
ProjectJosh:
Anyone who can help us locate Joshua Ajisope of Farmfunded Agroservices Ltd will get a N50,000 reward for his/her effort.

Please contact me directly on Telegram at @Audacious_Investor if you have any information that could lead us to him or his family.

Reason: Joshua Ajisope ran away with investors money.
What did he do?
Re: Self Development/skill Or School. (advise Me) by Zobah: 11:12am On Jun 25, 2021
pedeeda:
Don't listen to him, get a degree from campus learning, not distance learning. In my organization, some people were just sacked cos their degree is gotten online.
What kind of organization is that?

1 Like

Re: Self Development/skill Or School. (advise Me) by Livadesh: 11:14am On Jun 25, 2021
@ OP...

you're very wise to have asked this.
The last person I gave this same advise became a millionaire within the space of 9 months.. he's now in the process of sponsoring himself to school outside this country.. And we both know he'll still finish school before his contemporaries who are in Nigeria and his certificate will be more recognized than that of his co-Nigerian graduates.

I'll advice you develop yourself in a very high paying skill (if it is not high paying, it's as good as wasting your precious time).

Don't stop there, go to school too (be it in Nigeria or most preferable abroad).. education is never a scam

All the best !!!

1 Like

Re: Self Development/skill Or School. (advise Me) by Onyi22(f): 11:19am On Jun 25, 2021
Op it is better to have a certificate you don't need than to need a certificate you don't have.
Think deep
Re: Self Development/skill Or School. (advise Me) by SocialJustice: 11:19am On Jun 25, 2021
ProjectJosh:
Anyone who can help us locate Joshua Ajisope of Farmfunded Agroservices Ltd will get a N50,000 reward for his/her effort.

Please contact me directly on Telegram at @Audacious_Investor if you have any information that could lead us to him or his family.

Reason: Joshua Ajisope ran away with investors money.
Stop spamming everywhere because you were duped. Open your own thread.
Re: Self Development/skill Or School. (advise Me) by SocialJustice: 11:25am On Jun 25, 2021
shocked
Elistho:
[color=#990000][/color]

How about a blog?
You've made the right decision, school does not expire. Focus on earning your own money for now. That amazon stuff is writing books. Your English needs to be good though to write a perfect book.

Keep seeking knowledge and you'll find it, stick to those who support you and do not hesitate to cut off anyone who is against your dream. But please try gaining admission before you're 25, do not kill your business while you're in university too.

Make Google your best friend, do not rely on people to share knowledge with you. You will succeed. Do not give up.

There's a girl here in business section that publishes on amazon. Find her and try to learn from her thread. Anything you're not sure of ask Google. Again, you will succeed.

1 Like

Re: Self Development/skill Or School. (advise Me) by tunary(m): 11:35am On Jun 25, 2021
pedeeda:
confusion everywhere, which is this now? Is online education not reliable or what? Why is it not acceptable to that organization you work? Please help me out with this information I don't want to make mistake like this it's very costly
Re: Self Development/skill Or School. (advise Me) by ManOfCompetence(m): 11:35am On Jun 25, 2021
Vicas2000:

Wish you best of luck

Can you suggest some of those online skill that can fetch $1k a month??

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Figure Out If You’re In The Wrong Job / How To Self-improve As An Individual / 5 Reasons To Become A Commercial Airline Pilot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.