Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,616 members, 7,823,699 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:33 PM

AMCON Takes Over Sen Abdulfatai Buhari’s Houses For ₦600m Loan Default - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / AMCON Takes Over Sen Abdulfatai Buhari’s Houses For ₦600m Loan Default (19401 Views)

RNP: Jega, Pat Utomi, Abdulfatai, Duke, Others Birth Third Force / Abdulfatai Buhari: Why I Will Support Tinubu’s Presidential Bid / Current Situation In Osogbo, Osun State Over Sen. Adeleke's Tribunal Victory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

AMCON Takes Over Sen Abdulfatai Buhari’s Houses For ₦600m Loan Default by nairavsdollars(f): 5:29am On Jun 25, 2021
Assets belonging to Senator Abdulfatai Buhari have been taken over by the Asset Management Corporation of Nigeria (AMCON).

The agency accused the lawmaker of unwillingness to defray a N600 million loan.

The corporation said it took the action after securing a court order to sell the assets to recover the loan.

Buhari, elected on the platform of the All Progressives Congress (APC), represents Oyo North.

The unpaid loan was taken by a Buhari-linked company, Abadat Ventures Limited, from a major bank

It was classified as a Non-Performing Loan (NPL) and purchased by AMCON from the bank during the second phase of eligible bank asset purchases this year.

AMCON alleged that Buhari had shown unwillingness to repay the loan, despite the concessions made available to him by the Corporation in a bid to amicably resolve the matter.

The corporation approached the Federal High Court, to obtain an order to take over assets of Abadat. It was granted by Justice I. E Ekwo of the Federal High Court, Abuja on March 25.

In compliance with the enforcement order, the corporation went about putting the logistics together and took effective possession of the two properties as listed by the court through its appointed receiver manager – Mr. Baba Mohammed Waziri of Baba Waziri & Co. Chambers.

The enforced properties include property situate at No 12, St, Petersburg Street, Wuse II, Abuja and Plot 516, (also known as No 2. Marte Close), off Misau Crescent, off Birnin Kebbi Crescent, Garki II, Abuja.

Besides granting the corporation possession of the seized properties, the court also ordered the receiver-manager to take all necessary steps required to realise the assets of the obligor, with a view to paying the outstanding loan in line with Section 553 and 554 of the Companies and Allied Matters Act, 2020.

Head, Corporate Communications, Asset Management Corporation of Nigeria (AMCON), Jude Nwauzor, who confirmed that the properties were effectively under AMCON’s possession explained that the enforcement was carried out in a seamless manner, as the court had directed officers and men of the Police, court bailiffs and other security agencies to assist AMCON in securing the assets.

Nwauzor added that Buhari, as the chief promoter of Abadat and his firm, had remained recalcitrant despite all efforts, negotiations and windows of opportunity provided them by AMCON to enable them to repay the indebtedness.

According to him, having exhausted all possibilities, AMCON had no other options as a law abiding corporate organisation than to seek judicial intervention.
https://thenationonlineng.net/amcon-takes-over-sen-buharis-houses-for-n600m-loan-default/

3 Likes

Re: AMCON Takes Over Sen Abdulfatai Buhari’s Houses For ₦600m Loan Default by Grace001: 5:47am On Jun 25, 2021
600m debt... these politicians feel at ease with debts. Following footsteps of their Oga at the top

38 Likes

Re: AMCON Takes Over Sen Abdulfatai Buhari’s Houses For ₦600m Loan Default by Karlovych: 5:54am On Jun 25, 2021
grin grin grin I'm not surprised, everything that has Buhari in it is nothing but trouble and chaos, I'm sure this one must be somehow related to the lifeless vegetable

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: AMCON Takes Over Sen Abdulfatai Buhari’s Houses For ₦600m Loan Default by raker300: 5:56am On Jun 25, 2021
Seems once buhari is not in the country, ppl tend to act like they got a head on their shoulders.

Watch out, banditry, homicides and kidnapping up north will subside

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: AMCON Takes Over Sen Abdulfatai Buhari’s Houses For ₦600m Loan Default by Monogamy: 5:56am On Jun 25, 2021
Abeg dey clarify things for headline
Re: AMCON Takes Over Sen Abdulfatai Buhari’s Houses For ₦600m Loan Default by Joshmodest(m): 6:00am On Jun 25, 2021
A poor man would owe these banks and they'll take all he has down to his wife's hollandis , but these big men just have a field time owing them and all they can do is beg for their own money !

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: AMCON Takes Over Sen Abdulfatai Buhari’s Houses For ₦600m Loan Default by gender123: 6:35am On Jun 25, 2021
Hohohoho
Waiting concern me
Re: AMCON Takes Over Sen Abdulfatai Buhari’s Houses For ₦600m Loan Default by GboyegaD(m): 6:35am On Jun 25, 2021
Some of this big shots takes loan they don't intend paying back.

This is what Sanusi should have done with Dicon Salt that was one of the major debtors to Intercontinental Bank and had Aig and Hubert on their board.

2 Likes

Re: AMCON Takes Over Sen Abdulfatai Buhari’s Houses For ₦600m Loan Default by EjaikreTheViper(f): 6:35am On Jun 25, 2021
Why are people called Buhari always useless?

3 Likes

Re: AMCON Takes Over Sen Abdulfatai Buhari’s Houses For ₦600m Loan Default by Nobody: 6:35am On Jun 25, 2021
What the Bleep did he do with the money?! 600mil no b play o.
Re: AMCON Takes Over Sen Abdulfatai Buhari’s Houses For ₦600m Loan Default by Mrxawe: 6:35am On Jun 25, 2021
Let them give him some sokoloan or gocash treatment. He go pay up grin.

They should send bulk messages to his contacts that

"The entire family of Buhari are thieves who dupe people on a daily basis. Taking after his father's footstep is his son Abdul-fatai who is currently on the run with company money. Please stay away from this thief as he is wanted by the authorities."

Chai weytin sokoloan take my eyes see that year ehn. Sending messages at random to my contacts that I'm a criminal taking over my old man's footstep.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: AMCON Takes Over Sen Abdulfatai Buhari’s Houses For ₦600m Loan Default by gambia(m): 6:35am On Jun 25, 2021
It's a welcome development.
Re: AMCON Takes Over Sen Abdulfatai Buhari’s Houses For ₦600m Loan Default by rawtouch: 6:36am On Jun 25, 2021
even after berating those who called for his namesake to be impeached they did not forgive his debt
Re: AMCON Takes Over Sen Abdulfatai Buhari’s Houses For ₦600m Loan Default by Igbofirstfarmer: 6:37am On Jun 25, 2021
In house matter
Re: AMCON Takes Over Sen Abdulfatai Buhari’s Houses For ₦600m Loan Default by SadiqBabaSani: 6:37am On Jun 25, 2021
#600 million wat a huge sum, hw abt d hands dt were greased bfr d loan was released initially, hope dey will return d bribes paid by zbuhari
Re: AMCON Takes Over Sen Abdulfatai Buhari’s Houses For ₦600m Loan Default by makeitijn: 6:40am On Jun 25, 2021
Hnmm

This is serious
Re: AMCON Takes Over Sen Abdulfatai Buhari’s Houses For ₦600m Loan Default by makeitijn: 6:40am On Jun 25, 2021
I need CASSAVA tubers in large amounts
Re: AMCON Takes Over Sen Abdulfatai Buhari’s Houses For ₦600m Loan Default by Sultty(m): 6:43am On Jun 25, 2021
the money will be paid effortlessly except if he is not a naija senator
Re: AMCON Takes Over Sen Abdulfatai Buhari’s Houses For ₦600m Loan Default by oluwaseyi0: 6:43am On Jun 25, 2021
ProjectJosh:
Anyone who can help us locate Joshua Ajisope of Farmfunded Agroservices Ltd will get a N50,000 reward for his/her effort.

Please contact me directly on Telegram at @Audacious_Investor if you have any information that could lead us to him or his family.

Reason: Joshua Ajisope ran away with investors money.

Stop disturbing us with Ajisope, when you are investing in MMM with quantum return on investment did you call us

Both Ajisope and the people he defrauded deserves same exact number of years in prison

3 Likes

Re: AMCON Takes Over Sen Abdulfatai Buhari’s Houses For ₦600m Loan Default by MarketDispatch: 6:54am On Jun 25, 2021
interesting
Re: AMCON Takes Over Sen Abdulfatai Buhari’s Houses For ₦600m Loan Default by Gbengbelu: 6:57am On Jun 25, 2021
Oh!
Re: AMCON Takes Over Sen Abdulfatai Buhari’s Houses For ₦600m Loan Default by clothingonline(m): 6:57am On Jun 25, 2021
Can’t he sell property to pay back himself?

Affordable men clothing check signature
Re: AMCON Takes Over Sen Abdulfatai Buhari’s Houses For ₦600m Loan Default by money121(m): 6:57am On Jun 25, 2021
Ok
Re: AMCON Takes Over Sen Abdulfatai Buhari’s Houses For ₦600m Loan Default by Juicewrld27: 7:03am On Jun 25, 2021
Make person come also help me before fb come confist my kidney over debt cry
Re: AMCON Takes Over Sen Abdulfatai Buhari’s Houses For ₦600m Loan Default by Naija4love(m): 7:04am On Jun 25, 2021
ProjectJosh:
Anyone who can help us locate Joshua Ajisope of Farmfunded Agroservices Ltd will get a N50,000 reward for his/her effort.

Please contact me directly on Telegram at @Audacious_Investor if you have any information that could lead us to him or his family.

Reason: Joshua Ajisope ran away with investors money.
Go open new topic for that and tell us how everything goes, tell us the truth so that people learn from it then we get the boy or na guy for you

1 Like

Re: AMCON Takes Over Sen Abdulfatai Buhari’s Houses For ₦600m Loan Default by Pakoyi95: 7:05am On Jun 25, 2021
This is a blackmail

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Army Building Military Camp In Enugu Not Ruga Settlement - Army / Lawyer Sues Emir Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari For Stopping Ilorin Isese Festival / Protest As Obaseki Sacks 513 Sports Workers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.