Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,211 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:26 AM

Can Students Work To Pay Tuition In Australia - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Can Students Work To Pay Tuition In Australia (36548 Views)

How To Pay Tuition With Current Cbn Ban On Forex / Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry / Free Tuition In Germany Form Is Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Students Work To Pay Tuition In Australia by kennethagada(m): 5:34pm On Jun 29, 2015
Hello house, please i need your advice. I studied Mechanical Engineering in my first degree and i was offered Subsea engineering at Curtin University Australia to begin by 22 February 2016 and the tuition fee is AUS$17,800 ABOUT 2.780000 naira per semester and its a four semester course for two years. I have my tuition for the first semester already, but is it possible for me to raise the remaining semester tuition's in Australia? by working my ass through the 20 hours work per week and unlimited at break. i am already thinking of working 16 hours during break.
Secondly how do i get a cheaper accommodation ($90 per week) in perth even if it means pairing with someone, because what i saw online is on the high side about AUS$170 PER WEEK.

1 Like

Re: Can Students Work To Pay Tuition In Australia by Nobody: 12:37am On Jul 31, 2015
Helo guys. I thank everyone here for the good job as I have read through the starting page till this point.
For over 3 years i have been hoping and planning on migrating to australia but my greatest challenge has been finance as I was then unemployed.
Years later I got this job as a customer care agent and I was able to save little above 1.5m and still hopeful to save more until a twist of fate came as my company decided to outsource my dept to an indian firm whose terms doesn't suit me coupled with over 50percent salary reduction.
Now i'm determined to make the long awaited move but my question is" howfar will 1.5m carry me if I choose to go for a post graduate programme in Australia.

Since we were laid off, I have been the friendliest to google as I have searched and deeply searched for educational programmes that could bring me to Australia but all I have discovered are on the high side. I will be glad to know other ways I can come to Australia for studies . Help a brother.
Regards
Re: Can Students Work To Pay Tuition In Australia by Schelube(m): 7:18pm On Dec 16, 2015
Stanleyelege:
Helo guys. I thank everyone here for the good job as I have read through the starting page till this point.
For over 3 years i have been hoping and planning on migrating to australia but my greatest challenge has been finance as I was then unemployed.
Years later I got this job as a customer care agent and I was able to save little above 1.5m and still hopeful to save more until a twist of fate came as my company decided to outsource my dept to an indian firm whose terms doesn't suit me coupled with over 50percent salary reduction.
Now i'm determined to make the long awaited move but my question is" howfar will 1.5m carry me if I choose to go for a post graduate programme in Australia.
Since we were laid off, I have been the friendliest to google as I have searched and deeply searched for educational programmes that could bring me to Australia but all I have discovered are on the high side. I will be glad to know other ways I can come to Australia for studies . Help a brother.
Regards

How are u coping with your travelling stuff. I intend coming to Australia before resumption for subsea Engineering Curtin University
Re: Can Students Work To Pay Tuition In Australia by BioGreen: 8:35am On Dec 27, 2015
Hello @kennethagada

My brother also hold an undergraduate offer at Curtin College (1year) then Curtin University (2yrs) hoping to resume feb, 2016 but the concern is the tuition which is higher than average and also high cost of accommodation at perth.

We are stil expecting response from Newcastle International College (NIC) but he might settle for Curtin if no response from NIC.

Another strategy i'm contemplating to lessen the high tuition burden is by prolonging ur studies (taking less courses per semester) as you pay on per course basis

you can reach me on onudexter@gmail.com so you two can synergise and strategise

1 Like

Re: Can Students Work To Pay Tuition In Australia by Bambizzle4k4556: 6:55pm On Jun 26, 2016
Nedchuks:
I'm new on this forum. Please my people,I recently got admission in Australia at Deakin, UNSW and Edith Cowan uni; Master of Engineering program. My parents have agreed to pay for my first yr tuition. Please how possible is it to pay the 2nd yr tuition of 30k by myself through savings and intensive work? Please I need your view on this issue. My greatest fear is dropping out of the program.

Hi....how are u coping How did u manage the fees?
Re: Can Students Work To Pay Tuition In Australia by saintkeppy(m): 11:05pm On Jul 03, 2016
kennethagada:
Hello house, please i need your advice. I studied Mechanical Engineering in my first degree and i was offered Subsea engineering at Curtin University Australia to begin by 22 February 2016 and the tuition fee is AUS$17,800 ABOUT 2.780000 naira per semester and its a four semester course for two years. I have my tuition for the first semester already, but is it possible for me to raise the remaining semester tuition's in Australia? by working my ass through the 20 hours work per week and unlimited at break. i am already thinking of working 16 hours during break.
Secondly how do i get a cheaper accommodation ($90 per week) in perth even if it means pairing with someone, because what i saw online is on the high side about AUS$170 PER WEEK.
. Hello Ken, how u doin'?
Sorry, i have been followin' ur posts for sometime now, i just wanted to chill for the right time to approach you so as to get the right info from you as a subsea student studying in Aussie.
I intend to enroll for Msc. Subsea Engineering at Curtin Uni. at Perth next year i have done my research privately about the course, its course content &i found out to be the most comprehensive of all the subsea programs offered in universities worldwide though it's 4semesters(2yrs). I prefer &i really need this school by all means.
Now i wanna know if they really need you to pay for 100% fees b4 you can start or part payment like 50% while you work it out there to pay the balance, cos the fees is extremely high compare to UK.

Also does the fees reduced in the 2nd year? Please i want to know the total amount of money required in Naira or US$, i want to have a clue of what i need to hustle out for the fees, Cos i also intend to apply for NDDC Scholarship next year which is about $30K as counter-part funding for the subsea program.
Thank you very much as i await ur response.
Re: Can Students Work To Pay Tuition In Australia by seyo99: 7:02am On Mar 10, 2017
Nedchuks:
I'm new on this forum. Please my people,I recently got admission in Australia at Deakin, UNSW and Edith Cowan uni; Master of Engineering program. My parents have agreed to pay for my first yr tuition. Please how possible is it to pay the 2nd yr tuition of 30k by myself through savings and intensive work? Please I need your view on this issue. My greatest fear is dropping out of the program.
Hey bruh did you eventually travel, please I would like you to share your experience. Thanks
Re: Can Students Work To Pay Tuition In Australia by lasgidis123: 1:05pm On Mar 26, 2017
Hi guys please with all due respect to every Nigerians in RMIT Melbourne, please I have a question to ask you guys before I can proceed. I suppose to be in Melbourne by July intake , but still need to get things right directly from you guys over there , please my Anual cost of school fees is 28800AUD and I will pay 7000AUD plus 1950 OHSC , that should be total of 8950. Please my brothers and sister in Melbourne, I just want you people to tell me the truth so that I will not end up regretting why I wasted my money and time. Please my question is , can I be able to pay my school fees while studying with the 20hrs work weekly and fortnight works please. .my email incase privet, nnannasanttus@gmail.com . Hope to see a reply
Re: Can Students Work To Pay Tuition In Australia by lasgidis123: 2:19pm On Mar 26, 2017
Please can i get a contact to any Nigeria guy who works and study in RMIT Melbourne , please is important before I make a big mistake please. My number is +971527119704 FB name nnanna chigbogu .please I need immediate help from good ones. Thanks
Re: Can Students Work To Pay Tuition In Australia by amilak: 2:38am On Mar 29, 2017
lasgidis123:
Hi guys please with all due respect to every Nigerians in RMIT Melbourne, please I have a question to ask you guys before I can proceed. I suppose to be in Melbourne by July intake , but still need to get things right directly from you guys over there , please my Anual cost of school fees is 28800AUD and I will pay 7000AUD plus 1950 OHSC , that should be total of 8950. Please my brothers and sister in Melbourne, I just want you people to tell me the truth so that I will not end up regretting why I wasted my money and time. Please my question is , can I be able to pay my school fees while studying with the 20hrs work weekly and fortnight works please. .my email incase privet, nnannasanttus@gmail.com . Hope to see a reply
So bro you wanna hear church mind? The truth is that it's almost impossible to pay your tuition in rmit if you haven't had plans of doing so from Nigeria. Here is the situation on ground. After you school resumes in july you will have 8 weeks to pay up 10000 aud otherwise your enrollment will be cancelled and your visa to maybe cancelled. It's a lot if money to put together even if you get work on your first day of arrival.
Also remember you are on student visa , that already limits you to the kind of job you can do here.
However if you have all your first semester fee( about 17000aud ) then you will be fine cos you'll have about 7months to work to get the tuition for the 2nd semester.
After your first year tmy outside can start paying the rest of your fees installmentally.
Conclusively, you need to be have your first semester fee with you now or have plans of getting it across before 8 weeks of your arrival. Otherwise you may be in for a very rough and unorganised life here.
I hope these answers your question.

1 Like

Re: Can Students Work To Pay Tuition In Australia by lasgidis123: 1:59pm On Mar 29, 2017
Thanks brother, like minimum how much can you get in 1month if you are working. Let me no how much I can be looking to complete my 10k tuition fees for fist semester , I no to start things is always difficult. Thanks for all your clear advice and informations, please will be happy to hear from you again from the last time may bee
Re: Can Students Work To Pay Tuition In Australia by seyo99: 10:40pm On Apr 15, 2017
lasgidis123:
Thanks brother, like minimum how much can you get in 1month if you are working. Let me no how much I can be looking to complete my 10k tuition fees for fist semester , I no to start things is always difficult. Thanks for all your clear advice and informations, please will be happy to hear from you again from the last time may bee
Bro what course did you apply for in RMIT?
Re: Can Students Work To Pay Tuition In Australia by crownnygold: 3:29pm On Aug 27, 2017
Hello seyo please what your advice for going to a TaFe in Australia
seyo99:

Bro what course did you apply for in RMIT?
Re: Can Students Work To Pay Tuition In Australia by seyo99: 11:30pm On Aug 27, 2017
Can't really tell but you can ask here https://www.nairaland.com/3786389/general-australian-student-visa-enquiries/ Im sure you will find all answers
crownnygold:
Hello seyo please what your advice for going to a TaFe in Australia
Re: Can Students Work To Pay Tuition In Australia by Gamgrul: 4:25pm On Jan 25, 2019
Can someone in Australia please say where students on study permit find the most part time jobs - South Australia, Western Australia, or Victoria? I plan to do an ENGINEERING program at the Advanced Diploma and proceed to complete the Degree at a corresponding university, all in Australia. My choice is TAFE South Australia or TAFE Western Australia or the Monash Diploma program. Thanks?
Re: Can Students Work To Pay Tuition In Australia by Hendris(m): 11:03pm On Jan 27, 2019
lasgidis123:
Please can i get a contact to any Nigeria guy who works and study in RMIT Melbourne , please is important before I make a big mistake please. My number is +971527119704 FB name nnanna chigbogu .please I need immediate help from good ones. Thanks

Please how do I reach u so we could talk? Is there any agency that can help out with the evidence of sufficient fund in other to get the visa?
Re: Can Students Work To Pay Tuition In Australia by mustyy: 10:30am On Jul 15, 2019
Hello, please can anyone help me find admission in university of Sydney or Queensland university of Technology. To study PhD in Environmental Engineering
Re: Can Students Work To Pay Tuition In Australia by Olivertripzz: 10:15am On May 29, 2020
dellnet:
I don't know what your profession is or level of skill. Lets do the math like this; minimum wage is $15 (some places may vary) so you are looking at about $300/WK assuming your course duration is 1 year. If you work 20hrs/WK for 52 weeks you will get $15,600 less tax.
Forget about this vague calculation, questions I have for you; what is your profession or level of skill? Can your skills fit into the workforce with high pay in Australia? Will your school allow you to pay up the balance in installment? Do you have good English skills? If you answer yes to the last 3 questions then I guess you are good to go because for sure students can get job there. The clarification is all on you.

In my own case, studied Physics Education (BSc Ed), and I have 3years experience...
My intention is to study and work.. How Possible is it.. And are Teachers well paid there?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Am I To Do, My Only Brother Is In A Chinese Prison / Nigerian Man Poses At The Scene Of Accident In Ghana (Photos) / Myanmar Plane With 104 On Board Crashes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.