Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,059 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:29 AM

Defections: APC Is A Highly Unprincipled Party — Itse Sagay - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Defections: APC Is A Highly Unprincipled Party — Itse Sagay (21258 Views)

We Will Shock Political Space With Unprecedented Defections - APC Threatens / Defections: APC Accepting Fifth Columnists - Reno Omokri / Defections: APC Expresses Confidence In Dogara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Defections: APC Is A Highly Unprincipled Party — Itse Sagay by nairavsdollars(f): 6:36am On Jun 29, 2021
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

Prof. Itse Sagay (SAN), Chair­man of the Presidential Ad­visory Committee Against Corruption (PACAC), on Monday berated the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) for allowing governors elected on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) into its fold.

According to him, PDP gover­nors who are defecting to the APC are highly unprincipled people and opportunists who want to remain relevant at all cost.

Governor Dave Umahi of Ebonyi State and Ben Ayade of Cross Rivers have already defected from the PDP to APC, while Governor Bello Matawalle of Zamfara will be formally received into the ruling party today.

Also Senator Peter Nwao­boshi, lawmaker represent­ing Delta North Senatorial District also defected from the PDP to APC last weekend.

There are also speculations that Governor Okezie Ikpeazu of Abia State is at the final stage of defecting to the APC, a claim he has repeatedly de­nied.

Governor Yahaya Bello of Kogi State, who had in June last year predicted that 10 PDP governors were on their way to the APC, also paid a courtesy visit to Ikpeazu on Sunday, fueling rumours that Ikpeazu may be on his way to the party.

Speaking exclusively with Daily Independent, Sagay, who said the actions of the party leadership has greatly embarrassed him as one of its members, also blasted the national caretaker committee chairman of the APC, Gover­nor Mai Mala Buni of Yobe State, who, he said, has failed to carry out his role to organ­ise a national convention for the APC.

“On the issue of defections, I am extremely dismayed and troubled by that. I am also very displeased with the APC for ac­cepting all these people. These are opportunists who want to use the chance of joining APC to continue to remain in power and remain relevant.

“They are totally unprin­cipled people and the APC it­self is a highly unprincipled party for accepting people like that. Why should a gov­ernor who has contested and won election as a PDP man, why should we allow him to cross over to APC? That is an affront on the majority of vot­ers who voted for him. For me, it is a very bad situation and it is not good for the image of the APC.

“On each occasion, oppor­tunism will carry the day, the people who have gone out to cast their votes will be terribly disappointed with such devel­opments.

“I am particularly disap­pointed in the Yobe governor, Mai Mala Buni, who is the APC caretaker chairman. He was put there to organise a convention. Up till now, he has not succeeded. Instead, he is going about buying PDP peo­ple to join APC. That to me, is unprincipled and it is embar­rassing to me as a supporter of APC”
https://independent.ng/defections-apc-a-highly-unprincipled-party-sagay/

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Defections: APC Is A Highly Unprincipled Party — Itse Sagay by Augla1: 6:38am On Jun 29, 2021
No, Oga you got it wrong ; all Nigerian Politicians are totally unprincipled, rotten to the core.
If you think am lying, ask Bros Lie Mohammed

108 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Defections: APC Is A Highly Unprincipled Party — Itse Sagay by Sunnybay7: 6:40am On Jun 29, 2021
Apc has failed woefully in the centre they need the states to make up for abysmal performance.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Defections: APC Is A Highly Unprincipled Party — Itse Sagay by PlayMaker14: 6:41am On Jun 29, 2021
I agree with him on this one....

Surprisingly, a certain Ali Modu Sheriff is warming up to be the unprincipled party's chairman.

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Defections: APC Is A Highly Unprincipled Party — Itse Sagay by GraceofGod1: 6:42am On Jun 29, 2021
Different parties, ONE people.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Defections: APC Is A Highly Unprincipled Party — Itse Sagay by Monogamy: 6:43am On Jun 29, 2021
SirGay trying to be politically correct...

What's the difference between Apc and Pdp?

grin

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Defections: APC Is A Highly Unprincipled Party — Itse Sagay by clarocuzioo(m): 6:43am On Jun 29, 2021
oloo
Re: Defections: APC Is A Highly Unprincipled Party — Itse Sagay by joyairemiya: 6:45am On Jun 29, 2021
So, Buni is buying these people to join APC. This is serious

1 Like

Re: Defections: APC Is A Highly Unprincipled Party — Itse Sagay by Talknochip(m): 6:47am On Jun 29, 2021
Very true
All of dem dey useless

they are just moving from one low wit group to another low wit group just to remain relevant and in control

3 Likes

Re: Defections: APC Is A Highly Unprincipled Party — Itse Sagay by fredoooooo: 6:52am On Jun 29, 2021
Cry me a River

2 Likes

Re: Defections: APC Is A Highly Unprincipled Party — Itse Sagay by MadamVanessa(f): 6:52am On Jun 29, 2021
A party built on evil propaganda cannot stand the test of time. In due time this evil party that has birthed so much evil in this country will be destroy permanently with all the evil members.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Defections: APC Is A Highly Unprincipled Party — Itse Sagay by temptnow: 6:52am On Jun 29, 2021
A mudu of Beans is now ₦1,100 it was ₦300 in Goodluck Jonathan era in Abuja.

3 mudu is = 1 paint in Lagos.
So therefore 1paint is = ₦3,300. It was ₦800 - ₦900 in Goodluck Jonathan era.

If you have opportunities to travel out of this Fail country, do it without looking back. Because we've enter one chance bus

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Defections: APC Is A Highly Unprincipled Party — Itse Sagay by Soylife(m): 6:54am On Jun 29, 2021
Sometimes I just sit down and wish Nigerians can vote out all this leaders,they don't have our interest,they are only after their pockets. Please all Nigerians have just one responsibility come 2023; vote any other party apart from apc and pdp.

Have you had a taste of soybeans before? It is an excellent food which can be used to substitute milk,it is more nutricious and delicious and is natural,best of all it is pocket friendly. It can be used for tea,pap,custard,garri,oats and much more.
You can check my signature to contact me.
Please patronise my business. God bless you!

4 Likes

Re: Defections: APC Is A Highly Unprincipled Party — Itse Sagay by asobo1: 6:54am On Jun 29, 2021
So this man is still alive shocked. He has been silent of recent. Any sane person knows that APC is a shameless party of blackmailers.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Defections: APC Is A Highly Unprincipled Party — Itse Sagay by McOluOmo: 6:54am On Jun 29, 2021
Give am small money now, the mumu man go shot da fk-up

Re: Defections: APC Is A Highly Unprincipled Party — Itse Sagay by gambia(m): 6:55am On Jun 29, 2021
Na today, APC has done more harm than good to Nigerians, nonsense and Buhari with his zombies.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Defections: APC Is A Highly Unprincipled Party — Itse Sagay by KingOKON: 6:55am On Jun 29, 2021
Bullion van, terrorist, armed robbers etc

1 Like

Re: Defections: APC Is A Highly Unprincipled Party — Itse Sagay by KUNZEH(m): 6:56am On Jun 29, 2021
I agree with you on this

3 Likes

Re: Defections: APC Is A Highly Unprincipled Party — Itse Sagay by Onepeople: 6:57am On Jun 29, 2021
Whatever thing this man is against know that such thing is against Tinubu interest, but is too deep for Tinubu supporter's to understand what I mean, If you know you know.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Defections: APC Is A Highly Unprincipled Party — Itse Sagay by Rekyz(m): 6:57am On Jun 29, 2021
He couldn't say it better. APC is a party I will never understand

1 Like

Re: Defections: APC Is A Highly Unprincipled Party — Itse Sagay by kokumothird: 6:58am On Jun 29, 2021
Gbamsolutely

1 Like

Re: Defections: APC Is A Highly Unprincipled Party — Itse Sagay by fognext: 6:58am On Jun 29, 2021
I think he meant to say that almost all of Nigeria politicians are highly unprincipled.

1 Like

Re: Defections: APC Is A Highly Unprincipled Party — Itse Sagay by Earthstorms(m): 6:59am On Jun 29, 2021
Someone does not want APC and votes the PDP candidate, the PDP candidate wins but overnight APC agents goes behind and bribes him to decamp from the PDP to APC

How is that right and fair to the people who wanted PDP government and didn't want APC government and went all the way to ensure that pdp wins the election?

A case in point is zamfara and cross rivers

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Defections: APC Is A Highly Unprincipled Party — Itse Sagay by MartinsD12(m): 6:59am On Jun 29, 2021
nairavsdollars:
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

https://independent.ng/defections-apc-a-highly-unprincipled-party-sagay/
Apc is a failure as a party, those governors or politicians defecting are also failures they are not doing it for the interest of their state but to protect their looting machines

1 Like

Re: Defections: APC Is A Highly Unprincipled Party — Itse Sagay by babyfaceafrica: 7:01am On Jun 29, 2021
Both Pdp and APC aren't principled.. Infact all Nigeria politicians are not principled

5 Likes

Re: Defections: APC Is A Highly Unprincipled Party — Itse Sagay by Nbotee(m): 7:01am On Jun 29, 2021
Lol
Re: Defections: APC Is A Highly Unprincipled Party — Itse Sagay by alizma: 7:02am On Jun 29, 2021
See principality and power of PDP

1 Like

Re: Defections: APC Is A Highly Unprincipled Party — Itse Sagay by Nobody: 7:03am On Jun 29, 2021
This Prof get balls.

There are people that APC knows that it is not in the interest of the party to sack them, they only isolate them and make their office irrelevant.
They must have done that to him already.

1 Like

Re: Defections: APC Is A Highly Unprincipled Party — Itse Sagay by lexy2014: 7:04am On Jun 29, 2021
PlayMaker14:
I agree with him on this one....

Surprisingly, a certain Ali Modu Sheriff is warming up to be the unprincipled party's chairman.

If he says APC is a "highly unprincipled" party for allowing PDP governors into it's fold, what then is he still doing working for an APC govt& being an APC member? Let him also show that he is principled and resign

8 Likes

Re: Defections: APC Is A Highly Unprincipled Party — Itse Sagay by Eriokanmi: 7:04am On Jun 29, 2021
The Man known for the truth as always. Prof, no be today we know. The fact is, both parties are siameae twins. If the PDP regained power today, there would be a similar exodus as seen today. A good reason we should shun both parties ahead of 2023. The majority of those who make up the apc today calling pdp all manners of names, including garba sehu himself, used to be pdp members, they were among those who destroyed the party and fled but the gullible Nigerians won't remember this fact. Garba worked well with atiku under obj led administration. Same would happen to the apc, should PDP come back( may they never, ever come back) ...they'd simply say...we're back home, after experimenting with the apc for 8 years and discovered that the party was not ready to govern grin. Our politicians aren't worth flexing muscles for, on social media walahi

9 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Retiring Justice Musa Dattijo Muhammad Alleges Abuse Of Power By CJN / Road Renamed Rochas Okorocha In Kano (photo) / Invest In Kogi: Beautiful Scenes From The Confluence State (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.