Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,120 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:22 AM

Is 2011 Election The Best Election In Nigerian History? With Poll. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is 2011 Election The Best Election In Nigerian History? With Poll. (3314 Views)

Poll: is 2011 general election the most credible in nigerian history?

yes, it is the best in nigerian history.: 45% (50 votes)
no, it is not the best: 43% (48 votes)
i don't know.: 10% (12 votes)
This poll has ended

Best Election So Far.(pics) / Story Of Shina Rambo - The Most Notorious Armed Robber In Nigerian History / Survey Tips Buhari To Win March 28 Election- The Sun Newspapers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is 2011 Election The Best Election In Nigerian History? With Poll. by unipol(m): 10:08pm On May 08, 2011
yes or no
Re: Is 2011 Election The Best Election In Nigerian History? With Poll. by aknuel: 12:26pm On May 09, 2011
Yes and No
Re: Is 2011 Election The Best Election In Nigerian History? With Poll. by MeGaStReEt: 12:33pm On May 09, 2011
yes
Re: Is 2011 Election The Best Election In Nigerian History? With Poll. by efisher(m): 12:52pm On May 09, 2011
Yes

It is the best in our history. Some say "June 12" was better but one reason why I believe otherwise is that the electorate is more enlightened now. Back then, many Nigerians did not even know what the elections were all about and figures could have been cooked from anywhere without anybody knowing. The 2011 elections had its own shortcomings but in all, it's the best we've had.
Re: Is 2011 Election The Best Election In Nigerian History? With Poll. by 1025: 1:15pm On May 09, 2011
@o. poster,
what makes u think we are here to answer to ur yes or no?
if we think of how much that was spent by goodluck campaigning, how much he spent via jega and how many people who died from the campaign days to the election days, i don't think it is the best.
the beautiful ones are not yet born.
Re: Is 2011 Election The Best Election In Nigerian History? With Poll. by ManTJ1(m): 1:34pm On May 09, 2011
? smiley
Re: Is 2011 Election The Best Election In Nigerian History? With Poll. by beejaei: 2:05pm On May 09, 2011
too many agents of pdp rigging nl polls.
Re: Is 2011 Election The Best Election In Nigerian History? With Poll. by bros1234(m): 2:09pm On May 09, 2011
Yes
Re: Is 2011 Election The Best Election In Nigerian History? With Poll. by hassymo5(m): 2:36pm On May 09, 2011
yes yes yes yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Is 2011 Election The Best Election In Nigerian History? With Poll. by Nobody: 3:30pm On May 09, 2011
probably undecided

but aftermath marred by violence in the North
Re: Is 2011 Election The Best Election In Nigerian History? With Poll. by EzeUche2(m): 3:35pm On May 09, 2011
Yes, but the violence that occurred in the North was regrettable. The elections were hailed as credible by most NGOs and other states around the world. It is just some people are crying rigging due to the fact that there party did not win. Mainly these people can be found in the North, but I believe the rigging was kept at a minimal. These elections by far were the best I have seen in my lifetime. Look at how ACN was able to sweep the S/west. Look at how the APGA candidate was able to defeat Ohakim in Imo state. These elections were quite credible and it bodes well for the Democratic processes of Nigeria.
Re: Is 2011 Election The Best Election In Nigerian History? With Poll. by seanet02: 3:48pm On May 09, 2011
for the massive Inflation of figures in the East and the massacre in the North, it could have been the best.
June 12 Remains the best
Re: Is 2011 Election The Best Election In Nigerian History? With Poll. by Nobody: 4:11pm On May 09, 2011
Listen to yourself:
How can you even consider rating elections that contains rigging?
Such electons results should be cancelled and re-run grin
seanet02:

for the massive Inflation of figures in the East and the massacre in the North, it could have been the best.
June 12 Remains the best
Re: Is 2011 Election The Best Election In Nigerian History? With Poll. by dayokanu(m): 4:58pm On May 09, 2011
Definitely not. With the massive rigging in the SS and SE and the underaged voters of the North?

How can one call an election which was characterized by massive rigging in SS and SE which was even caught on video, Underaged voters which was caught on cameras and widespread post election violence which was reported by new agency the best election in Nigeria Unless the word has a new meaning.

June 12 still remain the best
Re: Is 2011 Election The Best Election In Nigerian History? With Poll. by DAY12(m): 5:52pm On May 09, 2011
@Poster,

Do you mean 2011 PDP Election? tongue

angry angry angry

too much rigging bro, f***kin too much!
Re: Is 2011 Election The Best Election In Nigerian History? With Poll. by Yomidee(m): 6:39pm On May 09, 2011
It is the worst election ever, too much rigging, many life are claimed. in fact no election, it is just PDP ratification.
Re: Is 2011 Election The Best Election In Nigerian History? With Poll. by efisher(m): 7:03pm On May 09, 2011
When making your judgement on this matter, consider all the aspects of the elections (presidential, parliamentary and state elections). Consider also, the controls, the voting system, the coverage etc.
Re: Is 2011 Election The Best Election In Nigerian History? With Poll. by Chyz2: 7:14pm On May 09, 2011
Interms of presidentil election, yes it was the best ever,hands down.
Re: Is 2011 Election The Best Election In Nigerian History? With Poll. by seanet02: 7:17pm On May 09, 2011
Chyz*:

[s]Interms of presidentil election, yes it was the best ever,hands down[/s].
Nonsensical Reasoning!!
Re: Is 2011 Election The Best Election In Nigerian History? With Poll. by efisher(m): 7:27pm On May 09, 2011
^ Everybody is entitled to his / her opinion. make your points instead
Re: Is 2011 Election The Best Election In Nigerian History? With Poll. by Spyker: 8:26pm On May 09, 2011
I don't know of other states but I will certainly tell you that there was no election in Rivers State, the entire process was a smoke screen to cover the very obvious rigging machine of the PDP and that of the INEC.
For me, 2011 election in Rivers State is a disgrace to Professor Jega, INEC and PDP.
Re: Is 2011 Election The Best Election In Nigerian History? With Poll. by Bensonite: 8:35pm On May 09, 2011
Spyker:

I don't know of other states but I will certainly tell you that there was no election in Rivers State, the entire process was a smoke screen to cover the very obvious rigging machine of the PDP and that of the INEC.
For me, 2011 election in Rivers State is a disgrace to Professor Jega, INEC and PDP.

The elections in 2011 are generally good but we are far from the best. Rivers State was a shame in the elections. My respect goes mostly to the SW people.
Re: Is 2011 Election The Best Election In Nigerian History? With Poll. by fredo648: 9:25pm On May 09, 2011
No! It is second to June12.
Re: Is 2011 Election The Best Election In Nigerian History? With Poll. by xterra2(m): 9:44pm On May 09, 2011
No

Have you guys seen the Video of MASSIVE Rigging in Rivers State in Favour of PDP ?

Elections were free and fair but things changed overnight
like one EU Observer said "there is a devil in the collation center "

Regardless, this Elections were by far betttter than 2003 and 2007 - in 2007 and 2003 we had no elections
Re: Is 2011 Election The Best Election In Nigerian History? With Poll. by aljharem3: 9:46pm On May 09, 2011
NO NO NO

infact one of the worse election ever, angry
Re: Is 2011 Election The Best Election In Nigerian History? With Poll. by Sunofgod(m): 10:07pm On May 09, 2011
It produced the best result.

End of story,
Re: Is 2011 Election The Best Election In Nigerian History? With Poll. by jason123: 10:20pm On May 09, 2011
Chyz*:

Interms of presidentil election, yes it was the best ever,hands down.

SMFH!!!

Sun of god:

It produced the best result.

End of story,
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Is 2011 Election The Best Election In Nigerian History? With Poll. by Nobody: 10:49pm On May 09, 2011
My answer is NO! The best election in Nigerian history was the 1993 elections. In 1993 the desirable candidate was available but in 2011 the desirable candidate was not available so people voted for the available candidate.
Re: Is 2011 Election The Best Election In Nigerian History? With Poll. by ufot(m): 10:50pm On May 09, 2011
yes
Re: Is 2011 Election The Best Election In Nigerian History? With Poll. by Oscillation(m): 11:32pm On May 09, 2011
Most of you talk of june 12, doesn't it have blood spills also. 4 the one complaining massive rigging in se know you that se collectively voted for Gej no doubt because I was there. Nigeria elections is losers cry foul and they cant stop that. If we take this as very good and try to make it better that will be massive progress for our democracy.
Re: Is 2011 Election The Best Election In Nigerian History? With Poll. by tunyus(m): 12:47am On May 10, 2011
As far as i am concern is a total riging esp in SS and SE, i am serving corps member in cross river i work in ABI LG, in my unit as the presiding officer(PO)i was intimidated,threating to part wit 260 ballot paper after 210 pple av voted(615 on register) and dat hw dey do it in virtually all the polling unit, they threating me wit PDP area boys holding sticks and cutlass, Although it only happen on presidential election day, dey do it because of jonathan.
Re: Is 2011 Election The Best Election In Nigerian History? With Poll. by intrepid: 11:41am On May 10, 2011
Looks like its even more credible than 1993.Yes

www.profitablejobs..com

(1) (2) (Reply)

APGA Motto Should Be: Steady Development, Zero Debt. / Blacks Are Idiots! Do You Agree? / Abia PDP Governor Primaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.