Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,704 members, 7,955,658 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:08 PM

Tribalism At Lagos State Pensions - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tribalism At Lagos State Pensions (3351 Views)

CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government / Nellie Mayshak, DG Of Pensions, Suspended For Alleged “billions Of Naira” Fraud / Jonathan Approves Pensions For Colonial Officers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tribalism At Lagos State Pensions by Aksonman: 11:05pm On Mar 06, 2013
Dear Nairlanders,
My aunty retired as a level 17 staff with lagos civil service in sept 2011. She is ibo-as i type this in March 2013 she is yet to collect her gratuity. In january 2013,she and some non-yoruba friends in same plight (out of frustration),went to Alausa and were made to part with 20k in order to hasten their gratuity processing...three months later,no gratuity or pension. According to my aunty,last february she discovered a shocking revelation-most of her Yoruba colleagues that retired during her tenure and even after have gotten their gratuity and pentions. Most of her friends that are yet to recieve their benefits since 2011 are non-yorubas.
I'm bringing this thread here in order to find out if there are nairalanders out there with older non-yoruba relatives going through the same plight in the hands of the Lagos state government.

Moderator,special request- front page please.
Re: Tribalism At Lagos State Pensions by aljharem(m): 11:10pm On Mar 06, 2013
SMH
These Ibo people sha and there useless conclusions very tribalsitic set of humans. Ok that is your aunty right ? Let me tell you mine.

An Aunty of mine is yet to collect hers from September last year and this is making it the 6th month. We have written letters, begged etc to no avial

She is a Lagosian indigenous yoruba woman. BTW

4 Likes

Re: Tribalism At Lagos State Pensions by Nobody: 12:33am On Mar 07, 2013
My own parent is yet to collect theirs and is Igbo and this is in an Igbo state
Same thing everywhere buddy

1 Like

Re: Tribalism At Lagos State Pensions by Nobody: 3:43am On Mar 07, 2013
alj harem:

SMH
These Ibo stu.pid people sha and there useless conclusions very tribalsitic set of humans. Ok that is your aunty right ? Let me tell you mine.

An Aunty of mine is yet to collect hers from September last year and this is making it the 6th month. We have written letters, begged etc to no avial

She is a Lagosian indigenous yoruba woman. BTW

Thank you for nailing the useless thread dead on arrival.

1 Like

Re: Tribalism At Lagos State Pensions by Akshow: 6:34am On Mar 07, 2013
Here we go again. Cry babies on the loose. Not every thin is to be seen from a tribal angle. Many yoruba workers pension are yet to be said also. Atleast Lagos govt even tried to employ a host of non indigenes, Igbo especially. How many non Igbos are employed by eastern govt?
Re: Tribalism At Lagos State Pensions by dayokanu(m): 6:44am On Mar 07, 2013
Grown asss men whining like bitches again
Re: Tribalism At Lagos State Pensions by Ngwakwe: 7:07am On Mar 07, 2013
The OP is saying that Gratuity has not been paid in addition to accrued pensions .

Why are people this insensitive?

OP sister's colleagues have been paid and no explanation on why hers is yet to be completely processed.

He should then keep quite until the sister is dead.

For those of you obdurate South Westerners claiming Lagos as their State with few exceptions. What a shame?

Lagos State can nowadays be interchanged with Yoruba State. What a foolish reasoning.

1 Like

Re: Tribalism At Lagos State Pensions by eggheaders(m): 8:00am On Mar 07, 2013
same whining everyday from supposed grown a55 adult.mehn.It becoming worrisome and sickening.
Re: Tribalism At Lagos State Pensions by Jarus(m): 8:06am On Mar 07, 2013
It is very unfortunate that some set of people, from the macro and micro level, always cry tribalism anytime they miss something. Very, very unfortunate. Are you the only one in Nigeria? Why are you always the one shouting tribalism in everything? Everything they miss, it's because of their tribe. Too bad. Very annoying. angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Tribalism At Lagos State Pensions by Jarus(m): 8:09am On Mar 07, 2013
Ngwakwe: The OP is saying that Gratuity has not been paid in addition to accrued pensions .

Why are people this insensitive?

OP sister's colleagues have been paid and no explanation on why hers is yet to be completely processed.

He should then keep quite until the sister is dead.

For those of you obdurate South Westerners claiming Lagos as their State with few exceptions. What a shame?

Lagos State can nowadays be interchanged with Yoruba State. What a foolish reasoning.
If she complains about her sister's plight without imputing tribal colouration, it is easier to pity her. What is insensitivity in making her realize that giving ethnic explanation to the situation is wrong. Haba. angry

1 Like

Re: Tribalism At Lagos State Pensions by Nobody: 8:43am On Mar 07, 2013
Why do the Igbos feel insecure and shout of Tribalism at any challenge they are faced with anytime they are in S/W?
I blame the Yoruba people for their "too" accommodating nature. They won't even dare the Northerners not to talk of complaining. They should go to Kaduna or Kano and try the sh.it they are doing in SW, not even Abuja that is made of all tribes in Nigeria, if they won't shut their mouth.

How many Yorubas or any other ethnic group or tribe have they seen complaining in their region they way they are doing?

This tribe is too confused angry

2 Likes

Re: Tribalism At Lagos State Pensions by 4chi: 8:55am On Mar 07, 2013
In the first place what is an ibo woman doing in the Lagos state civil service ? Are all bonafide lagosians fully employed already? The ibo state of abia has recently sent fellow ibos not from the state packing from it's civil service without any qualms, Henceforth no ibo should be employed in Lagos except there are no qualified indigenes (which is impossible anyway) fashola should stop this nonsense. No ibo state will employ a Yoruba or any non ibo for that matter into it's civil service.
Re: Tribalism At Lagos State Pensions by jaso1(m): 9:53am On Mar 07, 2013
They are called "omo abu igi je" in Yoruba. These people are chimpasy lack all intelligent quality. Only the one born and brought up here in Lagos seem to be a litle different. Ihave many of them where i work and infact, am fucking tired of their animal behaviours.
Re: Tribalism At Lagos State Pensions by Geomac: 10:09am On Mar 07, 2013
Go to other states and see.
Re: Tribalism At Lagos State Pensions by EkoAtlantic: 10:44am On Mar 07, 2013
jas_o: They are called "omo abu igi je" in Yoruba. These people are chimpasy lack all intelligent quality. Only the one born and brought up here in Lagos seem to be a litle different. Ihave many of them where i work and infact, am fucking tired of their animal behaviours.

I have always known these people as pure villagers with barbaric behavior, those ones that haven't left their enclave in the East are the worst. Their way of thinking is embarassed

Damn angry
Re: Tribalism At Lagos State Pensions by Nobody: 10:49am On Mar 07, 2013
Jarus: It is very unfortunate that some set of people, from the macro and micro level, always cry tribalism anytime they miss something. Very, very unfortunate. Are you the only one in Nigeria? Why are you always the one shouting tribalism in everything? Everything they miss, it's because of their tribe. Too bad. Very annoying. angry angry angry

Hheehehehheee.....Jarus 1st time you will categorically denounce this act....or more like 1st time am seeing you denouncing Ibos perpetual act of tribalism and whining on NL. cheesy grin

How you dey bruv?
Re: Tribalism At Lagos State Pensions by EkoAtlantic: 11:44am On Mar 07, 2013
ilugunboy:

Hheehehehheee.....Jarus 1st time you will categorically denounce this act....or more like 1st time am seeing you denouncing Ibos perpetual act of tribalism and whining on NL. cheesy grin

How you dey bruv?

No matter how cool tempered you are, the irritating manners of these people will upset you. You think Seun is also not tired of them. undecided
Re: Tribalism At Lagos State Pensions by Nobody: 11:52am On Mar 07, 2013
Eko Atlantic:

No matter how cool tempered you are, the irritating manners of these people will upset you. You think Seun is also not tired of them. undecided

Seun need them for the traffic value...they know it..that is why they do hold him to ransom at times.
Re: Tribalism At Lagos State Pensions by EkoAtlantic: 12:08pm On Mar 07, 2013
ilugunboy:

Seun need them for the traffic value...they know it..that is why they do hold him to ransom at times.

Well, may be. But that Seun has to be balless to have danced to their tone cheesy
Even after appointing one of them as a moderator which they clamored for, they still complained of injustice sad
Even if one of them is appointed to replace the present supermod they'll still not be satisfied sad
Very insecure
Re: Tribalism At Lagos State Pensions by Nobody: 12:32pm On Mar 07, 2013
So there are non-yorubas who work in Lagos civil service? Wow! thats good to know.Anyway,i had the opportunity of working in a Local Government in Lagos but i turned down the offer.I remember one Mr Akin Sholebo who did everything in his power to make me register as a contractor in one Local Government in Lagos but i simply ignored because i wasnt really exposed to working with the Yorubas back then due to some silly stories i heard..TRIBALISM!

I seem to wonder how many non igbos are employed in Government Parastatals in the east,very rare i must guess.Most primary and secondary schools in Lagos state can boast of Igbo teachers widely spread in all the Local Government in Lagos State.I can proudly say my Godmother was once a headmistress in a primary school in Amuwo Odofin.

Back to the topic,I think its best for the poster's aunty to be a little patient.You dont have to be bring tribal sentiments as a reason for your aunty not been paid.It happens everywhere.As long as she provides every document needed for her payment,she will surely be paid.

1 Like

Re: Tribalism At Lagos State Pensions by Afam4eva(m): 12:36pm On Mar 07, 2013
The average Nigerian is a hypocrite. Granted the OP may be wrong about the tribalistic label on the Lagos state civil service but tell me when something close to this has happened anywhere in Nigeria that it was not labelled tribalistic. If you're an Hausa guy and you go for an interview in an Igbo owned company along with 10 other Igbo guys and all the Igbo guys get the job at the end and you don't. Will you say they got it because they were better than you or because they were Igbo? Sometime last year or two years ago, Peter Obi was labelled tribalistic by non Igbos because he was gonna demolish a mosque that was not well cited. Fashola was also labelled tribalistic because he closed down Ladipo market. The same people did not remember that he also closed other markets that were not Igbo dominated. That's the average human being for you. Don't pin this on the Igbos. The OP has the right to accuse the civil service for anything just as we always accuse the government for all sorts of thins whether right or wrong.

2 Likes

Re: Tribalism At Lagos State Pensions by Ngwakwe: 12:41pm On Mar 07, 2013
Shame to you all.

Supremacist ideologists that have nothing of merit to show for it.

Continue wallowing in Deceit while the so-called nonentities are neo-colonizing you.

Reprobates.

1 Like

Re: Tribalism At Lagos State Pensions by Afam4eva(m): 12:42pm On Mar 07, 2013
berem:
I seem to wonder how many non igbos are employed in Government Parastatals in the east,very rare i must guess.Most primary and secondary schools in Lagos state can boast of Igbo teachers widely spread in all the Local Government in Lagos State.I can proudly say my Godmother was once a headmistress in a primary school in Amuwo Odofin.
How many non-Igbos live in the east. They're small compared to Igbos that live in Lagos. The eastern government civil service won't go to Ibadan or Kaduna and call non Igbos to the east just because they want to be seen as employing non Igbos. Enugu jobs are for people who live in Enugu, Oyo jobs are for people who live in Oyo. If you want to work for the Enugu state civil service then you have to go to Enugu. It's as easy as that.
Re: Tribalism At Lagos State Pensions by Nobody: 1:04pm On Mar 07, 2013
Afam4eva:
How many non-Igbos live in the east. They're small compared to Igbos that live in Lagos. The eastern government civil service won't go to Ibadan or Kaduna and call non Igbos to the east just because they want to be seen as employing non Igbos. Enugu jobs are for people who live in Enugu, Oyo jobs are for people who live in Oyo. If you want to work for the Enugu state civil service then you have to go to Enugu. It's as easy as that.
Even if Igbos are largely dominated in Lagos,what makes you think Lagos State Government cannot employ only Lagosians and Yorubas? Do you think its not possible?Apart from the compulsory NYSC scheme, what makes you think a Yoruba man would feel comfortable working in a Local Goverment council in Imo state when his Igbo brother can equally feel relaxed working in Kosofe Local Government in Lagos?
Re: Tribalism At Lagos State Pensions by Ngwakwe: 1:07pm On Mar 07, 2013
I am from Aba, in our Local Council now metropolitan every tribe in Nigeria work there and are represented.

Anybody born in Aba is automatically Aba Indigene and can contest any election without being intimidated.

First thing you should understand is that Lagos State is a settler State with few clans that are indigenous to the State.

The British Colony attracted so many settlers and secondly by virtue of being Nigeria Capital and seat of power and centre of commerce. Lagos State was built by settlers majority from Yoruba and significant number of landed properties are owned by the Igbos who contributed to the development of the State.

For the reason stated above is why every South Westerner want to claim being indigenous to Lagos State.

Have you seen where every Tom and D.ick from South East trying to lay claim to a particular State in the East. Never

All my credentials bears Imo State before the creation of Abia State yet I still remain a proud Ngwa man from Abia State. My mother is from Imo State, Grand ma descendant of Anambra people.

berem: So there are non-yorubas who work in Lagos civil service? Wow! thats good to know.Anyway,i had the opportunity of working in a Local Government in Lagos but i turned down the offer.I remember one Mr Akin Sholebo who did everything in his power to make me register as a contractor in one Local Government in Lagos but i simply ignored because i wasnt really exposed to working with the Yorubas back then due to some silly stories i heard..TRIBALISM!

Back to the topic,I think its best for the poster's aunty to be a little patient.You dont have to be bring tribal sentiments as a reason for your aunty not been paid.It happens everywhere.As long as she provides every document needed for her payment,she will surely be paid.

1 Like

Re: Tribalism At Lagos State Pensions by Afam4eva(m): 1:11pm On Mar 07, 2013
berem: Even if Igbos are largely dominated in Lagos,what makes you think Lagos State Government cannot employ only Lagosians and Yorubas? Do you think its not possible?Apart from the compulsory NYSC scheme, what makes you think a Yoruba man would feel comfortable working in a Local Goverment council in Imo state when his Igbo brother can equally feel relaxed working in Kosofe Local Government in Lagos?
It's possible. They can employ whoever they want to employ.

There's a difference between a Yoruba man who goes to Imo state for the NYSC scheme and an Igbo man who has lived in Lagos mst of his life. The Yoruba man may not feel at home in Imo but the Igbo man will feel at home in Lagos. It will be a different case if the Yoruba man has also lived most of his life in Imo state. It's not like those Igbos who work in the Lagos civil service were imported from Aba. No, they've been in Lagos for a long time and many of them call lagos home.
Re: Tribalism At Lagos State Pensions by Ngwakwe: 1:16pm On Mar 07, 2013
You need to be on ground to make some comments that are valid

My Sister in the Church who is a Yoruba got government work here in Imo State Last year when so many youths of Imo origin were laid off.

berem: Even if Igbos are largely dominated in Lagos,what makes you think Lagos State Government cannot employ only Lagosians and Yorubas? Do you think its not possible?Apart from the compulsory NYSC scheme, what makes you think a Yoruba man would feel comfortable working in a Local Goverment council in Imo state when his Igbo brother can equally feel relaxed working in Kosofe Local Government in Lagos?
Re: Tribalism At Lagos State Pensions by Nobody: 2:09pm On Mar 07, 2013
Afam4eva:
It's possible. They can employ whoever they want to employ.

There's a difference between a Yoruba man who goes to Imo state for the NYSC scheme and an Igbo man who has lived in Lagos mst of his life. The Yoruba man may not feel at home in Imo but the Igbo man will feel at home in Lagos. It will be a different case if the Yoruba man has also lived most of his life in Imo state. It's not like those Igbos who work in the Lagos civil service were imported from Aba. No, they've been in Lagos for a long time and many of them call lagos home.
Dont you think we are almost saying the same thing?
Re: Tribalism At Lagos State Pensions by Nobody: 2:15pm On Mar 07, 2013
Ngwakwe: You need to be on ground to make some comments that are valid

My Sister in the Church who is a Yoruba got government work here in Imo State Last year when so many youths of Imo origin were laid off.

Did you read in my first post where i said it is RARE to find non igbos working in Government parastatals in the east? I never said such doesnt exist.Or did i say so?
Re: Tribalism At Lagos State Pensions by Ngwakwe: 2:17pm On Mar 07, 2013
Sorry if I misunderstood you.

berem: Did you read in my first post where i said it is RARE to find non igbos working in Government parastatals in the east? I never said such doesnt exist.Or did i say so?
Re: Tribalism At Lagos State Pensions by geeez: 2:21pm On Mar 07, 2013
Why didn't she work for Enugu Civil Service?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria Ranks 40th In Quality Of Governance In Oil And Gas / List Of Defecting Senators / South African Pastor Makes Congregation Eat Grass | Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.