Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,840 members, 7,813,824 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:10 PM

S/east Rejects Sgf Position, Demands Speaker/senate Presidency - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / S/east Rejects Sgf Position, Demands Speaker/senate Presidency (1359 Views)

SGF Position: Buhari Has Demonstrated His Hatred For Ndigbo – Ohanaeze / Ekweremadu: Igbos To Lose SGF Position / Buhari Reacts To Emergence Of Speaker, Senate President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: S/east Rejects Sgf Position, Demands Speaker/senate Presidency by dempeople(m): 10:27pm On May 09, 2011
EzeUche_:

It is not about being alarmist, because I clearly stated that I remain optimistic about the current state of Igbo affairs. However, I am still wary of Obasanjo's influence over President Jonathan. That is why we, the Ndigbo must prepare for a worst case scenario. If we are disregarded in our vote of President Jonathan, then there should be consequences for that disrespect. I would Igbo leaders are discussing the current affairs of the Ndigbo and make sure that stand united against such an event. You can never be too sure what PDP and the elites from other parts of Nigeria are capable of. The problem with the Ndigbo are that we are too trusting of others. We have been like that since Nigeria gained its independence. Nnamdi Azikiwe trusted the North, Ojukwu trusted Awolowo etc The list is endless and we the Ndigbo have suffered dearly for our trusting nature.

OK. Now I agree. Good points.

aloy-emeka:

So you want the president, senate president and speaker to come from the south while the North can only boast of the spineless VP?

No. I want the Senate presido to come from the SE and then the Speaker to come from the North East while the North central gets the party chairmanship and SW (or the NC also) gets the SGF.

The SW can get the deputy speaker too in addition to a possible SGF.

All these should happen irrespective of religion after all during the Shagari regime, the arrangements were done irrespective of religion and please no one should tell me Nigerians weren't as politically sensitive as they are today.
Re: S/east Rejects Sgf Position, Demands Speaker/senate Presidency by kasiem(m): 11:10pm On May 09, 2011
He who bit the finger that fed him will definitely die of hunger. I'm totally in support of the massive support we gave to our lost brother, atleast, that has shown that no matter the betrayals that we still habored no grudge for them. But, it'll be foolhardy of Gej to rejuvenate the old wound that's about healing due to some foolish reasons. If this act of betrayal that is afoot plays out, i would rather we spurn any political appointment that Gej shines in front of us to show that we dont live by political appointments and that'll go a long way in telling the rest of the country we can no longer be gullible to greek gifts. There so many other ways to develop our region since this gov't is being run by the capitalist policy. We can use our private resousces to develop our areas, as we have been doing, cos igbos have it as a culture for any rich man to show his blessing through the development of his community.
Re: S/east Rejects Sgf Position, Demands Speaker/senate Presidency by aljharem3: 11:15pm On May 09, 2011
kasiem:

He who bit the finger that fed him will definitely die of hunger. I'm totally in support of the massive support we gave to our lost brother, atleast, that has shown that no matter the betrayals that we still habored no grudge for them. But, it'll be foolhardy of Gej to rejuvenate the old wound that's about healing due to some foolish reasons. If this act of betrayal that is afoot plays out, i would rather we spurn any political appointment that Gej shines in front of us to show that we dont live by political appointments and that'll go a long way in telling the rest of the country we can no longer be gullible to greek gifts. There so many other ways to develop our region since this gov't is being run by the capitalist policy. We can use our private resousces to develop our areas, as we have been doing, cos igbos have it as a culture for any rich man to show his blessing through the development of his community.

don't lie

that is a muslim thing not an igbo thing, what i know igbos do is go back to there villages and build there houses there if they are wealthy.

although i hear that 1 wealthy igbo built a 50km road once, don't know how true that is
Re: S/east Rejects Sgf Position, Demands Speaker/senate Presidency by vicenzo(m): 11:26pm On May 09, 2011
One positive thing we gained from our support for GEJ is "unity of purpose" this is what we have been lacking since after the war,with this new found unity,we can survive nigeria or break away from nigeria.
I have always wondered how much influence Obj has on GEJ,the event of the weeks to come will tell,i hope for the sake of this new found SS/SE unity that GEJ uses his brain,however,ndiigbo must prepare for the worst case scenario,oh! OUK,if only that man is not greedy,his kind is just what ndiigbo needs now.
Re: S/east Rejects Sgf Position, Demands Speaker/senate Presidency by vicenzo(m): 11:53pm On May 09, 2011
alj_harem:

don't lie

that is a muslim thing not an igbo thing, what i know igbos do is go back to there villages and build there houses there if they are wealthy.

although i hear that 1 wealthy igbo built a 50km road once, don't know how true that is
you dont know most things about ndiigbo by staying in nairaland,most times you need to visit igboland,have you ever asked yourself why our region has the lowest poverty rate in nigeria,apart from our hard working spirit we also help each other,there is a town in idemilli anambra called awka-etiti(awka-nkakwu),most of the roads in that town was tarred by individuals.

What you have in north is one rich man in a village who turns the rest of the villagers to his servants,they farm for him,do his house chores,rear his livestocks,worships him and his children and wives in exchange for food.
Re: S/east Rejects Sgf Position, Demands Speaker/senate Presidency by Onlytruth(m): 11:54pm On May 09, 2011
Alj Harem,

It is very true that Igbo embark on serious self help community development projects. I don't think any region rivals us in that because Imo airport remains the only community built airport in Nigeria.

But, if we must keep building our own roads and infrastructure, then, of what use is Nigeria? Why are we still in this country if we cannot be given our dues in Nigeria? I will never be proud of those community built projects until we have seceded from Nigeria.
I cannot boast of something the federal government should have built in the first place.
Re: S/east Rejects Sgf Position, Demands Speaker/senate Presidency by Onlytruth(m): 12:07am On May 10, 2011
I have really sat down to think about this development, and I came to the conclusion that the only reason behind it, is that some sections of Nigeria are really disturbed and worried about a possible SE/SS rapport, and are determined to undermine it. This is a no-brainer. But, the question is whether GEJ will fall for that. If he does, then he may go down as the only president from that part of Nigeria. The stakes are too high for his people and region; but that will be his problem to solve going forward (if this game plays out as it is now).

As for the SE, we need to FIRMLY reject any stoopid SFG position and idiotic deputy senate president.
I know that senate president or speaker of the house don't tar roads or build infrastructures, but, you can NEVER ask to be ordained a bishop when you have never been ordained a priest in your life.

Obasanjo that is behind all these things knows what he is doing. It is only that an Igbo boy like myself can see what his old eyes sees, even BEFORE he sees them. cool

It is time our leaders drop the emotion and sentiments and go for our fair dues in Nigeria.
They should know what to do.
Re: S/east Rejects Sgf Position, Demands Speaker/senate Presidency by ChinenyeN(m): 12:27am On May 10, 2011
Re: S/east Rejects Sgf Position, Demands Speaker/senate Presidency by jason123: 12:34am On May 10, 2011
Onlytruth:

I have really sat down to think about this development, and I came to the conclusion that the only reason behind it, is that some sections of Nigeria are really disturbed and worried about a possible SE/SS rapport, and are determined to undermine it. This is a no-brainer. But, the question is whether GEJ will fall for that. If he does, then he may go down as the only president from that part of Nigeria. The stakes are too high for his people and region; but that will be his problem to solve going forward (if this game plays out as it is now).

As for the SE, we need to FIRMLY reject any stoopid SFG position and idiotic deputy senate president.
I know that senate president or speaker of the house don't tar roads or build infrastructures, but, you can NEVER ask to be ordained a bishop when you have never been ordained a priest in your life.

Obasanjo that is behind all these things knows what he is doing. It is only that an Igbo boy like myself can see what his old eyes sees, even BEFORE he sees them. cool

It is time our leaders drop the emotion and sentiments and go for our fair dues in Nigeria.
They should know what to do.

The wise are caught in their own craft. - a biblical passage

I think that is meant for you!!!
Re: S/east Rejects Sgf Position, Demands Speaker/senate Presidency by Onlytruth(m): 12:42am On May 10, 2011
Posted by: jason123

The wise are caught in their own craft. - a biblical passage

I think that is meant for you!!!

What is the "craft" of supporting a minority (using my majority population) to become Nigerian president?

Please don't abuse the bible here by quoting out of context.

If Ndigbo learn anything from this development, it is that there is no "paddy for jungle".

You would be a fool to think that anyone can out-compete us in Nigeria if we become interested; and believe me, this development is attracting our KEEN interest.
Re: S/east Rejects Sgf Position, Demands Speaker/senate Presidency by Onlytruth(m): 12:49am On May 10, 2011
@jason

You of all people should be most worried about current development because it will torpedo whatever southern Nigerian unity you've been canvassing. There is no way to explain that a region that produced 6 PDP members of the national assembly should produce a speaker ahead of a region that produced 43 PDP members of the national assembly.

I would also worry if I were a minority because other majority tribes are watching the current plight of Ndigbo. They are ringing their fingers and vowing never to repeat the "Igbo mistake" of supporting Jonathan.
Re: S/east Rejects Sgf Position, Demands Speaker/senate Presidency by Chyz2: 12:52am On May 10, 2011
Onlytruth:

@jason

You of all people should be most worried about current development because it will torpedo whatever southern Nigerian unity you've been canvassing. There is no way to explain that a region that produced 6 PDP members of the national assembly should produce a speak ahead of a region that produced 43 PDP members of the national assembly.

I would also worry if I were a minority because other majority tribes are watching the current plight of Ndigbo. They are ringing their fingers and vowing never to repeat the "Igbo mistake" of supporting Jonathan.

I hope you're not buying into his southern unity nonsense. He simply would like to see Igbos either come under some sort of yoruba rule(acn) or not get what we want,period.
Re: S/east Rejects Sgf Position, Demands Speaker/senate Presidency by Onlytruth(m): 12:56am On May 10, 2011
^^
Of course I don't buy it. I'm only using his sword to slay him. cool
Re: S/east Rejects Sgf Position, Demands Speaker/senate Presidency by EkoIle1: 1:19am On May 10, 2011
Why are you people begging for what really ought to be a slam dunk with your 90% rigged votes against Yoruba people wey give GEJ/PDP the middle finger.

Ink never dry for ballot and we don begin hear crying yelling about marginilization,

Una neva jammmm lmao
Re: S/east Rejects Sgf Position, Demands Speaker/senate Presidency by jason123: 1:54am On May 10, 2011
Onlytruth:

Posted by: jason123
What is the "craft" of supporting a minority (using my majority population) to become Nigerian president?

Please don't abuse the bible here by quoting out of context.

If Ndigbo learn anything from this development, it is that there is no "paddy for jungle".

You would be a fool to think that anyone can out-compete us in Nigeria if we become interested; and believe me, this development is attracting our KEEN interest.

I am not against or for your words. Just simply telling you to not think you are wise, least you will dislike re-proof (as you are doing now) and not see mistakes in your own words.
It also says'" the fools ways are ALWAYS right in his own eyes". Proverbs

Onlytruth:

@jason

You of all people should be most worried about current development because it will torpedo whatever southern Nigerian unity you've been canvassing. There is no way to explain that a region that produced 6 PDP members of the national assembly should produce a speaker ahead of a region that produced 43 PDP members of the national assembly.

No. My stance is, whether the SW or SE or SS, it does not matter. Such positions do not determine your development. It only help ONE MAN from your region or the SW to run to Abuja and steal your/our money. What has OBJ profited the SW What about Bankole What about the Northerners Now, GEJ is there, let's see what he will do in the SS not to talk of the SE.
I am not condemning your support for the SS.

Chyz*:

I hope you're not buying into his southern unity nonsense. He simply would like to see Igbos either come under some sort of yoruba rule(acn) or not get what we want,period.

SMH!!! How am I insinuating that for goodness sake Did you read what I said to Dem-people?? I said APGA should sweep the SE in 2015 so ACN and APGA can find a common and EVEN ground to merge except APGA wants to preform another Azikwe cheesy (jk). But on a real,do you not see strength in unity?? Even the Yorubas that you insult all day and night on NL are busy intermixing with Igbos in Lagos. In fact, they are part and parcel in most Swestern cabinets, so what gives

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gbenga Daniel's Skyscraper That Re-defines The Landscape Of Abeokuta / South-south: A Worthy Example In Regional Cooperation / Lagos Stae Is Moving On:fashola Flags Off 2011 Tree Planting Campaign. Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.