Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,072 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:10 AM

Would A Rock Concert Pull A Crowd In Nigeria? - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Would A Rock Concert Pull A Crowd In Nigeria? (4671 Views)

Naija Advert That Looks Like A ROCK Music Video / When You Smile - Styl Plus (a Rock(ish) Song) / Looking To Form A Rock Band (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would A Rock Concert Pull A Crowd In Nigeria? by Rageouz: 4:16pm On Jul 24, 2007
come! who introduce dis topic sef,,wut wuz u thinkin b4 u came up wit dis nonsense, betta sound neva play finish 4 naija na rock una wan introduce,i still deh wonder were n who wan com d concert,no jus try am, na stone dem go take pursue dem from dat stage,
Re: Would A Rock Concert Pull A Crowd In Nigeria? by initiator(m): 10:15pm On Jul 24, 2007
What do touts have to do with rock?
Re: Would A Rock Concert Pull A Crowd In Nigeria? by shawn123: 7:21pm On Jul 26, 2007
guys need a quick answer from you guys. From a research heard drugs and homesexualism is promoted in rock concerts. Its like a meeting point for these people in the states. I dont know how true that is but i do know these rock stars dress funny and although they look gay but i dont know,
Dont get me twisted guys its just something i saw on T.V. I certainly wouldnt want to be in close contact with gays dont know about you but will rather listen to something more creatitive. Dictionary meaning of music is = sound pleasant to the ears. Rock music IS NOT PLEASANT TO THE EARS ITS NOISE, i guess its a free world and we can all share opinions Thank God for that,
Re: Would A Rock Concert Pull A Crowd In Nigeria? by initiator(m): 11:34pm On Jul 26, 2007
Oh hush up shawn. 1st its rock is demonic. Now its homosexualism. Go through as many rock lyrics as u can on lyrics.com. When u c 1 with gay content, post it here.

Dont think u read this thread wel wen its been settled that rock is like anyother genre that can be used for wotever.
Re: Would A Rock Concert Pull A Crowd In Nigeria? by chukky76(m): 6:37am On Jul 27, 2007
shawn its always better to keep quiet and let people wonder about the degree of your intelligence than to open your mouth and confirm your stupidity
Re: Would A Rock Concert Pull A Crowd In Nigeria? by shawn123: 8:10am On Jul 27, 2007
Dear God hear my prayer this morning. May the gays be disturbed by my opinion and may the straight people look at it as just an opinion and have no problem with it. Now guys let watch the gays in action. So help us God.
Re: Would A Rock Concert Pull A Crowd In Nigeria? by Modups1(f): 9:36am On Jul 27, 2007
if there is a rock concert in nigeria den it will be for a select few who appreciate that type of music.
majority of nigerians dont like rock, thats a fact
Re: Would A Rock Concert Pull A Crowd In Nigeria? by gbadex1(m): 10:30am On Jul 27, 2007
On point like a knife, Modups!

That's just the bitter truth, most Nigerians don't give a shit about rock music.
Re: Would A Rock Concert Pull A Crowd In Nigeria? by RuuDie(m): 2:00pm On Jul 27, 2007
Modups!:

if there is a rock concert in nigeria den it will be for a select few who appreciate that type of music.
majority of nigerians don't like rock, thats a fact

So if and when a rock concert comes up here in naija its for only that select few. . . . and i can tell u that select few ain't as few as u think!
Re: Would A Rock Concert Pull A Crowd In Nigeria? by initiator(m): 11:44pm On Jul 27, 2007
We cant speak like oracles but we can note some certainties.

The 'select few' are ready to pay to watch.

The 'select few' are expanding.

There's an army of non-rock peeps who would be drawn to such a show for the novelty and curiousity of such.
Re: Would A Rock Concert Pull A Crowd In Nigeria? by Aryan: 3:41pm On Aug 04, 2007
Come one, come all! you want to listen to good rock stuff, tell me I will organise a party where you pay for your beers though. Cheers!
Re: Would A Rock Concert Pull A Crowd In Nigeria? by t200m: 5:22pm On Aug 06, 2007
chukky76:

shawn its always better to keep quiet and let people wonder about the degree of your intelligence than to open your mouth and confirm your stupidity
[/quot

wats up chukky,if am not mistaken u are marshals frnd.its me tony(eloka guy).anyway just tot i check.later man.tell them.
Re: Would A Rock Concert Pull A Crowd In Nigeria? by chukky76(m): 6:00pm On Aug 06, 2007
t200m
yeah tony , you got me spot on. definitely marshalls guy. can u imagine some of the things being said here. i just tire for these people.

if only they know the obstacles and trials we had to face as pioneer rock listeners, they wouldnt be talking dust.

where u de now. holla me later ok?
Re: Would A Rock Concert Pull A Crowd In Nigeria? by Aryan: 9:47pm On Aug 06, 2007
Rock music is about sense, against oppression, open minded, healthy criticism of life. All holy preachers say it is evil because they are afraid that if the lyrics are understood by people, they may stop listening to the preachers empty promises and they may get down to reality - the truth of life - which is hard work, devotion to country & family & then the Grace of God that will follow.

For me for one - Country, family & God - come in that order because I am known through my country - it gives me my identity, my family is what I live for & God is someone I have never seen but get my strength from.
Re: Would A Rock Concert Pull A Crowd In Nigeria? by Aryan: 9:57pm On Aug 06, 2007
All the guys & gals talking of demonic, homosexuality associated with rock music, are misled. I can give you lyrics that make perfect sense - for example listen to :

1. Honesty - Billy Joel
2. Imagine - John Lennon
3. Warning & others - Black Sabbath
4. Listen to good rock soft songs - Listen to Holiday, Still loving You, etc. by Scorpions
5. Listen to REO Speedwagon
6. Listen to Pink Floyd, Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin
7, Listen to Metallica - Real truth about life - songs like - 'sad but true', 'unforgiven', 'Nothing else matters'
8. Listen to the 'outfield'
9.U2
10.Queen
11.Ac/DC
12. ,

(if you want them, I will send them free of cost to you, )

I could go on & on,

and compare these to the VULGAR indecent hip-hop with lousy lyrics and 'naked women ' (that's what sells their music, not lyrics) - by the way rock artists PLAY the music - others just mix it.
Re: Would A Rock Concert Pull A Crowd In Nigeria? by odada(m): 10:51pm On Aug 06, 2007
fo' shizzle my nizzle grin grin grin that wasnt rock now was it?so you got the answer- dude cool
Re: Would A Rock Concert Pull A Crowd In Nigeria? by t200m: 8:47pm On Aug 08, 2007
CHUKKY WATS UP.NO NEED TO ANSWER PEOPLE WHO THINK THAT WAY,LATELY I HAVE COME MET PEOPLE WHO LOVE ROCK LIKE MADDD, EVEN GALS.TOO BAD SOME PEOPLE FAIL TO SEE THE POTENTAILS OF THIS GENRE OF MUSIC IN NIGERIA.AM WAITING FOR MY SERVICE THIS SEPTEMBER,THEM JUST LET MAN DEY HOUSE FOR ONE YEAR.BUT TRUST BOBOS NA, THYE CAN DELAY YOU BUT CANT STOP YOU FROM BEING WHO YOU ARE.OMO LATER.I LOVE.
Re: Would A Rock Concert Pull A Crowd In Nigeria? by Aryan: 12:41am On Aug 09, 2007
Dear All Good God Fearing people Fooling Themselves who have replied to my message, let me ask you simple questions:

1. Have you sinned? If you have DO NOT ask for forgviness because no Devil told you to do it, you all knew what you wrre doing from when you did it.
2. Do you think you can fool God - Sorry you cant - He is the all knowing - just because he does not punish you like your father would have - you think you can fool around - then you are an idiot fooling yourself
3. Pray - with heart. mind and dedication - not just for the sake of praying
4. remember always - you will be judged by God by your deeds NOT by your prayers - , hey what do you always pray for, God give me this, ,God I want this, god let me be this, God I want another job, God I want a car, God I sow rhe seed for so & so to get so & so,
BUT the question is , WHAT HAVE YOU GIVEN TO GOD, Stop asking, give, can you? Have you?,

Me, i dont have to go anywhere, God is with me in my house, in my heart, in my soul, when I am shitting, when I am lying, when I am doing good, I cant fool God, Nobody can, So dont fool yourselves,
Re: Would A Rock Concert Pull A Crowd In Nigeria? by Aryan: 12:45am On Aug 09, 2007
Hey Odada, If your reply was to my message - sorry I didnt understand it, please elaborate,
Re: Would A Rock Concert Pull A Crowd In Nigeria? by spikedcylinder: 3:34pm On Aug 16, 2007
chukky76, please marry me! grin
Re: Would A Rock Concert Pull A Crowd In Nigeria? by chukky76(m): 7:40am On Aug 17, 2007
spikedcylinder ok!!!!

pick a date and time. seriously!! wink
Re: Would A Rock Concert Pull A Crowd In Nigeria? by spikedcylinder: 4:49pm On Aug 18, 2007
awww, aint you a darling.
Howz about tommorrow night at 3 am? The witches are holding a convention (of which I be national chairlady) and it would just be a perfect wedding if it were blessed by the closest people to me! grin grin grin wink
Re: Would A Rock Concert Pull A Crowd In Nigeria? by chukky76(m): 5:46pm On Aug 18, 2007
read your blog. interesting.
you should read mine.
i'm gifted, though you might not agree with some of my opinions but i guarantee you'll be entertained
http://www.naijamale..com
Re: Would A Rock Concert Pull A Crowd In Nigeria? by spikedcylinder: 7:15am On Aug 22, 2007
Whats interesting about my obsessive posts? Ah!

I read your blog already, will post something on there. wink
Re: Would A Rock Concert Pull A Crowd In Nigeria? by orekelewaa: 9:31pm On May 27, 2008
trust me its more than y'all think.If you dont like rock maybe ur post shouldnt be here. thre r rock programs on unilag and metro fm. cool fm also plays some rock songs. D one on metro is d best and ull be surprised how many ppl
hit their myspace page or send in messages. I used to think so too till i became a rock fan and put some tracks on my phone and people go"so you like rock' and want songs from my phone too. Its not yet like hip hop but then the number will shock you. youll only know if you like it. From experience
Re: Would A Rock Concert Pull A Crowd In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:40pm On May 27, 2008
. . .yes. . .used to listen to metro fm every thursday in the evenings. Good to know they're still rocking. My sis won a CD on the show. It was funny hearing her voice on the radio grin grin grin
Re: Would A Rock Concert Pull A Crowd In Nigeria? by lctewand(f): 11:40am On Nov 24, 2009
well ill definately go 4 a rock concert in 9ja
Re: Would A Rock Concert Pull A Crowd In Nigeria? by Ossaifamous(m): 12:35pm On Nov 25, 2009
For that to be a 55% Success ,we need an artiste with a big hit e.g avril, linkin park's with numb. Then it has to be cheap i.e not more than 3000 NAIRA .
Re: Would A Rock Concert Pull A Crowd In Nigeria? by montelik(m): 2:26pm On Nov 25, 2009
I don't know about others but if they can bring Cold Play I will most certainly be there.
Re: Would A Rock Concert Pull A Crowd In Nigeria? by Digriz(m): 9:21pm On Nov 28, 2009
I love rock music a lot and cnt stop doing dat.
Re: Would A Rock Concert Pull A Crowd In Nigeria? by chasong(m): 1:07pm On Feb 18, 2010
some rock artists who have some international exposure will soon be popular in nigeria

there is FLO and a guy called XTsamurai

heard them both and they are good and have deep lyrics (two criteria for rock music!)

I also hear plans are underway for some sort of test run on a rock concert

wondering how that will go
Re: Would A Rock Concert Pull A Crowd In Nigeria? by VPersie: 3:57pm On Feb 18, 2010
Yahoo boys and Igbo-smoking boys will attend.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

5 Ways To Market Your Music To New Fans / P-square Feat. Akon & May-d - Chop My Money (remix) [listen & Download] / My Love from 2face! New Video!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.