Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:48 AM

Would A Rock Concert Pull A Crowd In Nigeria? - Music/Radio (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Would A Rock Concert Pull A Crowd In Nigeria? (4672 Views)

Naija Advert That Looks Like A ROCK Music Video / When You Smile - Styl Plus (a Rock(ish) Song) / Looking To Form A Rock Band (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would A Rock Concert Pull A Crowd In Nigeria? by emarketer1: 6:58pm On Feb 18, 2010
Dunno, until I see one in Naija! undecided
Re: Would A Rock Concert Pull A Crowd In Nigeria? by AjanleKoko: 8:07am On Mar 03, 2010
VPersie:

Yahoo boys and Igbo-smoking boys will attend.

cheesy cheesy cheesy

@Topic,
E go hard o. Most people don't understand rock in these parts. It's not easy listening like R&B or hip-hop.

I have followed rock music since the early 80s, and own complete discographies of all the rock greats, from Metallica through Aerosmith to the Police, U2 to RHCP, and as recent as the Killers.
Linkin Park is too new to have a discography. Dem dey try though.

The genre of rock that would have a fighting chance is what is referred to as 'Adult Alternative', that hybrid of rock and pop music. That is more easy listening, the likes of your Katie Melua, Nickelback, Maroon 5, and the Cranberries.
Re: Would A Rock Concert Pull A Crowd In Nigeria? by chasong(m): 7:28pm On Mar 30, 2010
I think there is a general misconception of rock

Nigerian like good music that is not hard to follow and interprete

And so much of rock is like that

I did a rock remix of Durella's 'Eno O se'. Here is the youtube link of me messing with the song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7JrUAOSXfI&feature=related

About being demonic, its an extremist view based on a lack of information, understanding and a greater willingness to embrace blind prejudice over a research-based conclusion.

Perhaps if anyone who think its demonic cares enough to google the subject, you may come across as a lot less ignorant

In my opinion, the market for rock is growing and more Nigerians are getting tired of the cliche hip-hop and dancehall
Rock would be a welcome alternative,

cheers
Re: Would A Rock Concert Pull A Crowd In Nigeria? by sinistyle(m): 8:04pm On Mar 30, 2010
i believe it will. you'll be surprised with the followership rock music has in Nigeria. Myself, i'm into rock big time. I love Creed, Coldplay; i have every of their album from parachutes to Viva la vida. In the school I graduated from, rock is very popular. I think a rock concert will be a crowd puller.
Re: Would A Rock Concert Pull A Crowd In Nigeria? by austinerock: 4:44am On Apr 18, 2013
u guys r not promoting rock at all...1 thing u av 2 know are rock fans are addicted fans so they will come...dnt wori watch out 4 my Africa rock website...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

5 Ways To Market Your Music To New Fans / P-square Feat. Akon & May-d - Chop My Money (remix) [listen & Download] / My Love from 2face! New Video!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.