Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,268 members, 7,836,213 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:18 PM

10 Things To Know About Nigeria’s Petroleum Industry Bill, PIB - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 10 Things To Know About Nigeria’s Petroleum Industry Bill, PIB (29648 Views)

President Buhari Signs Petroleum Industry Bill Into Law / House Of Representatives Passes Petroleum Industry Bill (PIB) / NNPC: Northern Nigeria Petroleum Company By Bayo Oluwasanmi - Sahara Reporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Things To Know About Nigeria’s Petroleum Industry Bill, PIB by Aonkuuse(m): 6:37am On Jul 02, 2021
In your list below I see no call for improving the lives of the host communities. The only thing here is tribalism and hate. You are not different from them
Untainted007:
1. Will it reduce the pump price of petroleum products?
2. Will it stop the northerners from being the major owners of oil wells in Nigeria?
3. Will it equate the ratio of other tribes in key positions in the industry?
4. Will it put a halt to bribes and illegality in the industry?
If these can not me answered or met by the bill, I see no sense in it cos our senate make laws that are only favourable to themselves.
Re: 10 Things To Know About Nigeria’s Petroleum Industry Bill, PIB by Nobody: 6:37am On Jul 02, 2021
Untainted007:
1. Will it reduce the pump price of petroleum products?
2. Will it stop the northerners from being the major owners of oil wells in Nigeria?
3. Will it equate the ratio of other tribes in key positions in the industry?
4. Will it put a halt to bribes and illegality in the industry?
If these can not go me answered or met by the bill, I see no sense in it cos our senate make laws that are only favourable to themselves.
Read!
Re: 10 Things To Know About Nigeria’s Petroleum Industry Bill, PIB by Monogamy: 6:38am On Jul 02, 2021
OmoManU:

So whose fault that the Nigerians that are employed to guard the borders allows seamless move in and out of the border sabotaging the country's economy

I really don't think that whose fault question should be directed to me.

I have just given you some insight that you might have never came across before...

So direct that question to someone else

1 Like

Re: 10 Things To Know About Nigeria’s Petroleum Industry Bill, PIB by Franking: 6:39am On Jul 02, 2021
Did it address the issue of all the juicy positions in the NNPC going to northerners without a drop of oil in their region?

1 Like

Re: 10 Things To Know About Nigeria’s Petroleum Industry Bill, PIB by flyingdutchman(m): 6:43am On Jul 02, 2021
Revere27:
All in the name to Glorify Buhari
PIB ko.. PMB ni undecided undecided

It is another Commission to be established for corruption and embezzlement of Public funds like the NCC you mentioned up there.

I understand that you, like me, is a victim of the decades of corruption in this country. But, I can assure you that with this bill, Nigeria will never remain the same positively.
Re: 10 Things To Know About Nigeria’s Petroleum Industry Bill, PIB by Saao(m): 6:43am On Jul 02, 2021
Aonkuuse:
See mumu,who reintroduce the bill for consideration last September??
you insulted me because of my opinion? Peace will always elude you. Your joy will always to fight people. Remain in your joy in fighting people.
Re: 10 Things To Know About Nigeria’s Petroleum Industry Bill, PIB by Bluffly: 6:44am On Jul 02, 2021
Monogamy:

Bro, the reality is 40% of the oil the FG are paying subsidy for are sold outside the country.. Do you have an idea how many million of litres government is paying imaginary money for..

Let FG first look into that
The problem is not subsidy, you don't punish the people for the few corrupt. They should put up their thinking cap and block corrupt elements.
Re: 10 Things To Know About Nigeria’s Petroleum Industry Bill, PIB by Antoeni(m): 6:46am On Jul 02, 2021
May the bill be fruitful
Re: 10 Things To Know About Nigeria’s Petroleum Industry Bill, PIB by jojothaiv(m): 6:47am On Jul 02, 2021
Monogamy:
In M.I, they are still paying for subsidy even though they campaigned against it before they get power
Re: 10 Things To Know About Nigeria’s Petroleum Industry Bill, PIB by Nobody: 6:48am On Jul 02, 2021
Is it true the host community's shares was slashed in the new bill?.

Cc newfolm4
Re: 10 Things To Know About Nigeria’s Petroleum Industry Bill, PIB by Fiscus105(m): 6:48am On Jul 02, 2021
No matter how good intention is, the character of occupant nos seat will determine the success of any law in Nigeria

Examples. Those who drafted federal character understand Nigeria peculiarity on tribalism, hence they did it to bring oneness in Nigeria state, but buhari as president now, dnt he destabilise it?

What about inec and neutrality of commissioner ?
Re: 10 Things To Know About Nigeria’s Petroleum Industry Bill, PIB by OmoManU: 6:51am On Jul 02, 2021
Monogamy:

I really don't think that whose fault question should be directed to me.

I have just given you some insight that you might have never came across before...

So direct that question to someone else

Bro there's nothing new in the insight, it's a public knowledge already
We're talking basically the same thing, so don't see it as an attack
Re: 10 Things To Know About Nigeria’s Petroleum Industry Bill, PIB by RichAbujaGuy: 6:51am On Jul 02, 2021
I searched a few pages of NASS but didn't see any scheduled readings.

https://www.nass.gov.ng/documents/bills
Re: 10 Things To Know About Nigeria’s Petroleum Industry Bill, PIB by Tjjones: 6:51am On Jul 02, 2021
We in d south south and host community are nt happy wit 3% for host community instead of 10% as proposed by d initiators of bill. Even as d south south reps insist on 5%,bt due to number difference and northern cabal destory our interest
Re: 10 Things To Know About Nigeria’s Petroleum Industry Bill, PIB by NwaEzefuNaMba(m): 6:53am On Jul 02, 2021
Revere27:
All in the name to Glorify Buhari
PIB ko.. PMB ni undecided undecided

It is another Commission to be established for corruption and embezzlement of Public funds like the NCC you mentioned up there.

I swear with my life, you don't know what PIB is.
Re: 10 Things To Know About Nigeria’s Petroleum Industry Bill, PIB by COMPAQ(m): 7:06am On Jul 02, 2021
OmoManU:

Do you want them to sell fuel at 260-300 and people call for their head again, subsidy can not be removed if the refineries are not working

Refineries working doesn't guarantee that petrol will be cheaper than those prices! Subsidy is a conscious economic decision and has little to do with where the refinery is located. If crude oil is $70, it is worth $70 everywhere ,including Nigeria.
Re: 10 Things To Know About Nigeria’s Petroleum Industry Bill, PIB by techWriter2: 7:10am On Jul 02, 2021
Are you sure Nigeria s Minister of Petroleum understand this legislation
Re: 10 Things To Know About Nigeria’s Petroleum Industry Bill, PIB by JudeAfoo(m): 7:20am On Jul 02, 2021
All I see is Dangote at work
Re: 10 Things To Know About Nigeria’s Petroleum Industry Bill, PIB by OmoManU: 7:24am On Jul 02, 2021
COMPAQ:

Refineries working doesn't guarantee that petrol will be cheaper than those prices! Subsidy is a conscious economic decision and has little to do with where the refinery is located. If crude oil is $70, it is worth $70 everywhere ,including Nigeria.

But definitely the cost and logistics of taking it abroad to refine and bringing it back to the country for final consumption would have been eliminated thereby reducing lots of added costs that made it expensive in the first place, also....If crude is being sold at $70, there are still over 20 other products that are being generated from crude not only petrol, so all that properly factored in will def not make the product too expensive
Re: 10 Things To Know About Nigeria’s Petroleum Industry Bill, PIB by Nobody: 7:34am On Jul 02, 2021
AfonjaConehead:
The pib gives additional 10% revenue to the Niger Delta...that's the sole reason the majority members of the NASS,the ever parasitic north,refused to pass the bill
The Niger Deltans,what are they using it for?

1 Like

Re: 10 Things To Know About Nigeria’s Petroleum Industry Bill, PIB by dingbang(m): 7:52am On Jul 02, 2021
nairavsdollars:
Are you sure Nigeria's Minister of Petroleum understand this bill
grin Ment
Re: 10 Things To Know About Nigeria’s Petroleum Industry Bill, PIB by Educationalserv: 7:55am On Jul 02, 2021
nairavsdollars:
Are you sure Nigeria's Minister of Petroleum understand this bill
are u sure you understand the bill ?
Re: 10 Things To Know About Nigeria’s Petroleum Industry Bill, PIB by xcuggsm(m): 7:56am On Jul 02, 2021
7. Why did previous administrations fail to pass the PIB into law?

The previous administrations failed to pass it into law because of many factors, especially politics, sectional interests, and lack of political will.

AfonjaConehead:
The pib gives additional 10% revenue to the Niger Delta...that's the sole reason the majority members of the NASS,the ever parasitic north,refused to pass the bill
. AND NOT FOR "LACK OF POLITICAL WILL"❗

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Things To Know About Nigeria’s Petroleum Industry Bill, PIB by Czarugo007: 7:57am On Jul 02, 2021
AVENGERS SNEEZED AND PIB PASSED.
Re: 10 Things To Know About Nigeria’s Petroleum Industry Bill, PIB by objobj: 8:00am On Jul 02, 2021
uniqueboi1:
Majority of the people that sat to deliberate on the bill do not understand shishi from it. Especially the abokis..

You think so. That's how we under rate everything about North and they teach the other parts hard lessons
Re: 10 Things To Know About Nigeria’s Petroleum Industry Bill, PIB by Ladymillion(f): 8:00am On Jul 02, 2021
Finally, this Bill has been passed after so many years. . . .
Re: 10 Things To Know About Nigeria’s Petroleum Industry Bill, PIB by Obrigardo: 8:06am On Jul 02, 2021
This topic will make front page again in 2030.. if there's still nairaland

Nigeria is a joke.
Re: 10 Things To Know About Nigeria’s Petroleum Industry Bill, PIB by uniqueboi1(m): 8:07am On Jul 02, 2021
objobj:

You think so. That's how we under rate everything about North and they teach the other parts hard lessons

I know so, 2023 no far bros and they will be dismantled institutionally also. Except buhari will be president for ever.
Re: 10 Things To Know About Nigeria’s Petroleum Industry Bill, PIB by Sid44: 8:10am On Jul 02, 2021
Point 6. Lincencees are expected to pay rehabilitation funds for whatever activity may be undertaken resulting in risk & hazards on the environs. Politicians currently licking their lips & rubbing their hands on this one.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Makinde Orders Contractor Handling Over N65billion Ibadan Circular Road To Stop / Murray-Bruce: Let Us Try To Rescue Our Economy, After Tomorrow's Judgement / Peter Obi Nation Mobile App For Campaign, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.