Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,263 members, 7,836,196 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:48 PM

El-Rufai: Tunde Bakare Introduced Me To Buhari, CPC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / El-Rufai: Tunde Bakare Introduced Me To Buhari, CPC (19915 Views)

Buhari CPC Totally Relegated / 2023: Atiku Vs Obi, As Buhari (CPC) Pull Out Of APC / Buhari’s CPC Seizes Control Of APC Party Structure - ThisDay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

El-Rufai: Tunde Bakare Introduced Me To Buhari, CPC by naptu2: 7:35am On Jul 04, 2021
Tunde Bakare introduced me to Buhari, CPC ― El-Rufai

July 4, 2021

By Ibrahim Wuyo

Governor Nasir Ahmad El-Rufai of Kaduna State has revealed that Pastor Tunde Bakare of The Citadel Global Community Church (formerly Latter Rain Assembly) introduced him to President Muhammadu Buhari and his previous party, Congress for Progressive Change (CPC).

El-Rufai speaking in an interview with the Pidgin service of the BBC, monitored in Kaduna denied he is a “jihadist” saying “they said I am a Hausa-Fulani irredentist, I am Jihadist and all that, Jihadist when? Where? I am not even an active member of any Islamic organization”.

“One of the most influential persons in my life, one of my closest political associates is Pastor Tunde Bakare.

“It was Pastor Tunde Bakare that actually introduced me to Buhari and CPC. I didn’t join the CPC because Buhari lives in Kaduna or he is a northerner. So, if I am an Islamic Jihadist, why will Pastor Tunde Bakare be speaking to me?

“They have called me all sort of names; they said I am a Hausa-Fulani irredentist, I am Jihadist and all that, Jihadist when? Where? I am not even an active member of any Islamic organization.”

“I am Muslim yes, a devoted one but, I believe religion is private. Even here in this office, when it is time for prayer.

“I just excuse myself as if I am going to the restroom, I don’t ask anyone to come and pray with me, because we will all go to our graves separately.”

“Look around me and see, I am not surrounded only by Muslims, this government is the only state government in this country that has at least people from 13 other states of the Federation as cabinet members.”

The governor also dismissed speculations of eyeing the presidency come 2023, saying he would be too old for a president at 62.

According to him, governing Kaduna state alone was telling on his age, not to talk of the entire country.

He explained that he had suffered presidential ambition suspicion for 15 years now, a situation that made some people saw him in bad light.

He said some had called him Jihadist so as to keep him out of the presidential race.

“Governing Nigeria is a serious job, which is obviously too much for a 62-year-old man
Look at me, look at my grey hair. If you see my picture when I was sworn in, my hair was very black but look at how it has become.

“This is a very difficult job and that is just state governor, one state out of 36, a big one, yes; a difficult one, yes, but it is not the same as Nigeria,”

“Presidency of Nigeria is a very serious job, it is too much for a 62-year-old,” he said.

On vying to be the Vice-President, he said: “I have not thought about it at all. I have said it that in the political system we have, after eight years of President Buhari, the presidency should go to the south.”

“I have been suffering this presidential ambition suspicion since 2006, I have suffered it for 15 years today, and I am sick and tired of it. There are people that are out to paint me in a particular picture so that, I will be out of the presidential race, but they don’t know that I am not in any race anywhere.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/07/tunde-bakare-introduced-me-to-buhari-cpc-%e2%80%95-el-rufai/

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: El-Rufai: Tunde Bakare Introduced Me To Buhari, CPC by GboyegaD(m): 7:39am On Jul 04, 2021
Why the announcement? Anyways, he repeating what they say he is and then covering it with one of his closest associates being Pastor Bakare speaks volume to me.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: El-Rufai: Tunde Bakare Introduced Me To Buhari, CPC by Penguin2: 7:39am On Jul 04, 2021
This Tunde Bakare is influential sha!

There’s something I want anyone reading this to know...

Influencers Rule this World!

Both online and offline

Local and international.

It was influencers that made Trump president, influencers brought him down.

Influencers made Buhari president, he’s still on the seat because an influencer like Tinubu still stands by him.

GEJ lost when he lost influencers like Atiku, Saraki, Kwankwaso, Tinubu, and co.

Your online hustle will change when an influencer like JJOmojuwa retweets you on Twitter or Tunde Ednut posts you on Instagram.

People have gotten jobs without hassles through the instrumentality of an influencer.

Influencers will put you on the platform and they will determine if you remain there or fall off.

Seek influencers and never be on their wrong book.

Because it’s a Sunday, we pray the lord brings that influencer that will change our life and hustle forever in Jesus name, Amen.

And that we too shall become influencers to change people’s lives too!

Siyabonga!

98 Likes 9 Shares

Re: El-Rufai: Tunde Bakare Introduced Me To Buhari, CPC by spartan50(m): 7:40am On Jul 04, 2021
Short devil

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: El-Rufai: Tunde Bakare Introduced Me To Buhari, CPC by slawormiir: 7:40am On Jul 04, 2021
Damnnn niggar
Isoright.......

Governing Nigeria is a serious job, which is obviously too much for a 62-year-old man
Look at me, look at my grey hair. If you see my picture when I was sworn in, my hair was very black but look at how it has become

This moda fuckkker should also show his damnnn bank statement or balance as at the time he was sworn in
Bunch of moda fuckkers..

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: El-Rufai: Tunde Bakare Introduced Me To Buhari, CPC by jasmine1600: 7:40am On Jul 04, 2021
The short devil is positioning himself for Vice President which will never happen.
Everyone involved in this current government must not have anything to do with the next election.
They have all showed they are devils themselves.
They have battered Nigeria beyond redemption.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: El-Rufai: Tunde Bakare Introduced Me To Buhari, CPC by joe54: 7:40am On Jul 04, 2021
Nigeria doesn't need another Hausa Fulani irredentist

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-Rufai: Tunde Bakare Introduced Me To Buhari, CPC by elmessiahs(m): 7:41am On Jul 04, 2021
So? How does it end the fact that you as a governor oversaw a Carnage in your state?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-Rufai: Tunde Bakare Introduced Me To Buhari, CPC by Raymond0008(m): 7:41am On Jul 04, 2021
Trying pushing Tunde Bakare to the front man as the next president, Jokers cheesy

4 Likes

Re: El-Rufai: Tunde Bakare Introduced Me To Buhari, CPC by Sultty(m): 7:41am On Jul 04, 2021
and they are both record breakers in bad governance

3 Likes

Re: El-Rufai: Tunde Bakare Introduced Me To Buhari, CPC by oneble: 7:41am On Jul 04, 2021
So, it's pastor Tunde that introduced both to each other. He must have been regretting he did now

Stop Disappointing In Bed! Get Natural Cure Instantly. Check My Signature

2 Likes

Re: El-Rufai: Tunde Bakare Introduced Me To Buhari, CPC by bigdammyj: 7:42am On Jul 04, 2021
Noted
Re: El-Rufai: Tunde Bakare Introduced Me To Buhari, CPC by Flier: 7:42am On Jul 04, 2021
Christians be shooting themselves in the leg
So Tunde Bakare is one of the sources of our problems today

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-Rufai: Tunde Bakare Introduced Me To Buhari, CPC by candidbabe(f): 7:43am On Jul 04, 2021
And who is buhari?

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai: Tunde Bakare Introduced Me To Buhari, CPC by mbahdi(m): 7:43am On Jul 04, 2021
D short man devil on d beat

3 Likes

Re: El-Rufai: Tunde Bakare Introduced Me To Buhari, CPC by deepwater(f): 7:43am On Jul 04, 2021
Inferiority complex
He always wants to be heard
Even if its ain't news worthy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-Rufai: Tunde Bakare Introduced Me To Buhari, CPC by Mcfi(m): 7:43am On Jul 04, 2021
This people and lies ehn! Chai!
Re: El-Rufai: Tunde Bakare Introduced Me To Buhari, CPC by michlins(m): 7:43am On Jul 04, 2021
People hate this guy because he's over blunt. He doesn't hide his feelings. He talked about withdrawing his child from the public school and they attacked him.

You people are forgetting that his child is putting other kids at risk.

If you don't watch the interview with open mind and wait for excerpt from our sensational journalists, you will keep dragging him.

On the issue of sacking public workers, it's a known fact that our public service needs overhauling. We don't need that much workers. Go to their offices on Wednesday afternoon and see how irresponsible they are. Ten people doing the job of one person and yet zero efficiency. Trust me, Nigeria needs an idealist to move this country to the right path. Lack of discipline is hampering our progress as a nation with everyone doing what they want when they want it.

Go look at countries like China and Singapore. Study what made them great today.

Enjoy your Sunday

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: El-Rufai: Tunde Bakare Introduced Me To Buhari, CPC by Sunnybay7: 7:44am On Jul 04, 2021
Ok
Governing Nigeria is a serious job, which is obviously too much for a 62-year-old man
Look at me, look at my grey hair
Lying midget says he too old to become President. Truth is we have seen beyond your lies and bigotry, it's a tall order for you.

2 Likes

Re: El-Rufai: Tunde Bakare Introduced Me To Buhari, CPC by Monogamy: 7:44am On Jul 04, 2021
So should we fry Semo with this new revelation?

undecided

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai: Tunde Bakare Introduced Me To Buhari, CPC by onadana: 7:44am On Jul 04, 2021
My able Governor speaks with such gusto and rationality some times,but other times behaves like a gangster.But realistically if he talks less sometimes and acts more and don't join issues,he is a good leader.

6 Likes

Re: El-Rufai: Tunde Bakare Introduced Me To Buhari, CPC by blacknoir: 7:44am On Jul 04, 2021
Makes sense but I don't trust politicians at all,they say one thing and mean a different thing
Re: El-Rufai: Tunde Bakare Introduced Me To Buhari, CPC by Burna440(m): 7:45am On Jul 04, 2021
El-Rufai indirectly dissed Buhari and Tinubu with this talk, read again u will understand

11 Likes

Re: El-Rufai: Tunde Bakare Introduced Me To Buhari, CPC by Sheriman(m): 7:45am On Jul 04, 2021
But if they secure you the presidential ticket wouldn't you go??

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai: Tunde Bakare Introduced Me To Buhari, CPC by President99: 7:45am On Jul 04, 2021
I don't like El-rufai, but the truth is, he is not a JIHADIST by any stretch

11 Likes

Re: El-Rufai: Tunde Bakare Introduced Me To Buhari, CPC by thundafire: 7:46am On Jul 04, 2021
Vulture griller will like such news

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-Rufai: Tunde Bakare Introduced Me To Buhari, CPC by DoctorDree(m): 7:46am On Jul 04, 2021
Cabal of thieves

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai: Tunde Bakare Introduced Me To Buhari, CPC by ayenale1(m): 7:47am On Jul 04, 2021
And someone from Iragbiji want to kill himself for the number office at 78+...I'm a yoruba man but a SE president is essential...

4 Likes

Re: El-Rufai: Tunde Bakare Introduced Me To Buhari, CPC by temitope27(m): 7:47am On Jul 04, 2021
U can keep running nw till u die, big fool

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG Hints At Salary Increase For Civil Servants, Uncovers ‘5,000’ Ghost Workers / Arewa Youths Back PDP Claim On Buhari’s Health- Leadership / Akwa Ibom To Start A Coconut Factory, Udom Signs Agreement (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.