Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,772 members, 7,851,635 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 02:12 AM

Nigerian Parents And Oversized Cloths | My Own Story - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigerian Parents And Oversized Cloths | My Own Story (32216 Views)

Most Nigerian Parents And Their Poor Child Spacing! A Must Read!!! / Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story / US Soldier Flies Home To Surprise His Parents And Walks In On Them Having Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Parents And Oversized Cloths | My Own Story by cayorday89(m): 2:11pm On Jul 05, 2021
Mine wasn't palatable, I was never allowed to go for an outing not even school parties, all my life as a kid were indoors and clothes bought for Christmas and new year were always worn once and to crown it all, na Cele church we dey attend so church has its own dedicated white garment, by the time they will remember those clothes for me to wear them, they would have been too small for me and as the only boy, I have to wear it like that, while shoes got spoilt with the leather peeling off and can't be worn again.
Here you have it, I remain the only person who wore brand new clothes as oversize and undersize many years apart... Got so used to it that my final year clothes, fellowship final year brethren cloth and other social uniforms I bought in Uni are still intact after many years.

16 Likes

Re: Nigerian Parents And Oversized Cloths | My Own Story by Ishilove: 2:34pm On Jul 05, 2021
pocohantas:

There is nothing miraculous she did, she just bought the right sizes, not minding that you guys would outgrow them in 2 weeks and she would have to spend another money. cheesy

Kids grow very fast, so (Nigerian) parents intentionally buy them oversize dresses and shoes. They can buy the right size if they want to. You don’t see many rich kids or kids of celebrities with these problems. It is a money problem prevalent in lower-middle-class to poor homes. lipsrsealed
True sha, but I didn't grow so fast. I didn't change clothes very often, if I recall correctly.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Parents And Oversized Cloths | My Own Story by Nuelito: 2:35pm On Jul 05, 2021
Lwkmd....na normalz for em parents oh...I checked my Primary school graduation pictures...the suit I wore then fit size me now seff grin

Nairalanders,make una patronize me abeg oh..if you need Raw Original Honey straight from the Bee Farm... kindly contact me on this number O81 O1 66 67 71 or the number on the picture below let's talk about it now... Tnx

21 Likes

Re: Nigerian Parents And Oversized Cloths | My Own Story by Ishilove: 2:35pm On Jul 05, 2021
StreetFight:
Till today, I am very uncomfortable in fitted clothes. I grew up in oversized clothes and I am used to it. My feet is currently size 42, but I wear size 44 and sometimes manage size 43. I cannot wear a show that is my size, its makes me very uncomfortable. I don't like tight things. Even while growing up, only big aunties with big pusssies were fuccking me, so till today, I don't like tight pusssies.

One million salutation to my late grandma. I know she is eating and dinning with God
You need help

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Parents And Oversized Cloths | My Own Story by temitope27(m): 2:40pm On Jul 05, 2021
grin cheesy wink cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Nigerian Parents And Oversized Cloths | My Own Story by TimmyTen(m): 2:41pm On Jul 05, 2021
I almost fell from the chair laughing

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Parents And Oversized Cloths | My Own Story by opsyswagger(m): 2:41pm On Jul 05, 2021
at your old age your mum still they buy you shoe

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Parents And Oversized Cloths | My Own Story by GeneralPula: 2:41pm On Jul 05, 2021
Well, I have one slim fit kind of body..

If I wear large size, e go stay well on me..

If I wear medium, e go stay well on me..

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Parents And Oversized Cloths | My Own Story by Shikena(m): 2:42pm On Jul 05, 2021
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Parents And Oversized Cloths | My Own Story by Kondomatic(m): 2:43pm On Jul 05, 2021
Back then I didn't need to "wear" my clothes. I simply "walked" into them.

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Parents And Oversized Cloths | My Own Story by ford101: 2:43pm On Jul 05, 2021
All this small boys wey no get swag. I remember the days of fubu 05.God that year was off the hook.if you see me on my afro, big white tee shirt, fubu and timms. Then u ll respect the game.

19 Likes

Re: Nigerian Parents And Oversized Cloths | My Own Story by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jul 05, 2021
My ribs are cracking with laughter. �

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Parents And Oversized Cloths | My Own Story by blesskewe(f): 2:45pm On Jul 05, 2021
Thanks for the laughter boss

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Parents And Oversized Cloths | My Own Story by Goldbw122(m): 2:46pm On Jul 05, 2021
This is the most funny thread ever grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Parents And Oversized Cloths | My Own Story by Alejo1: 2:46pm On Jul 05, 2021
lilvicky68:
Lol....mehn the oversize then been mad oh.. school uniform wey Dem sew for me for primary1 na primary5 I reach the size.. shoe own na the worst them go pack paper and nylon put inside make person wear..coat self na like canopy..
hahahaha no be small

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Parents And Oversized Cloths | My Own Story by milkywaves(m): 2:48pm On Jul 05, 2021
Chai!!! I laugh so te I fall enter gutter�!!

Pls contact us for your Business Plans at Mtechie Consults Ltd.(08099101941) Watsapp pls..Tanx

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Parents And Oversized Cloths | My Own Story by liztop2012(f): 2:49pm On Jul 05, 2021
I know someone that wore the 'coat' she wore for primary six graduation for her ND project defence upper year, it fitted her very well so I was imagining how it looked on her when in pry six����

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Parents And Oversized Cloths | My Own Story by Mrxawe: 2:50pm On Jul 05, 2021
E get one baggy jeans my mama by for me in 2001 during Christmas. Now I'm 29 years, living alone and independent but I still have that jeans in my wardrobe.

But I swear to God, up till now that jeans never still size me. Sometimes I go wan throway am but I still see it as a treasure that should be in a museum grin. I only wore that jeans once and that was boxing day of 2001. I remember those agbero kids in my street at Isale eko (you know how rugged that place was back then) laughing me and using me to do yeye.i can never forget. Shame catch me so tay I run back go house go off am instantly and that was the last time I ever wore it. This is 2021 and that shi doesn't still size me. When I look at it, am always like "what the hell". How did I look on this baggy jeans back then. As a kid, I preferred my father buying cloths for me. He go buy you confirm stuff wey you sef go like but you see my mama ehn, she go buy you cloth wey you go fit use for the next 20 years.

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Parents And Oversized Cloths | My Own Story by bigtt76(f): 2:50pm On Jul 05, 2021
Reason why our parents never felt the pinch upgrading our wardrobe back then cheesy

hbemigho:
I believe it is peculiarly characteristic of Nigerian parents to buy extremely oversized clothing and accessories for their children.

I mean, how can you go to the market to buy a shirt or shoe for me and you left me at home?

How?

So my mum will take a broom stick to measure my leg before going to the market and then come back with a shoe that is almost the size of my father's leg.

Wawu!

Mummy edakun, bhet what happened to the broomstick you went with na?

Or issit that you measure my leg to goan buy shoe for daddy? �

Of course, you know I cannot voice any of these out. Na inside my mind the conversation dey go on.

Or should I talk about how my dad will drive to Warri to buy longsleeve shirts for me and my brother, that after wearing the shirt, we will now be looking like all those overzealous upcoming evangelist sent against their will to win lost souls for Christ in the remotest of villages.

The painful part is that my dad will now be saying,

Wow! See as this cloth fit you. I wish I can take it for myself.

Inside my mind I wee be like, why not just take it na, it's kukuma your size you have bought so.

For many years, I tried to figure out why our parents were always exhibiting this behavior.

If it's because they want us to wear the cloths for a longer period as we dey grow like agric fowl, so that we won't be outgrowing cloths per second, per second.

But you know what usually happens?

Before we will now grow into the cloths, like when the one they bought for me is now actually my size, the shirt go don wash, fade or tear anyhow.

So what is now the point?

As a young boy with too much swag, I was always having severe chest pain in my neck whenever my parents wanted to get us new cloths.

The day I gave up on the struggle was when my mum accompanied my dad to the optometrist to select a glass frame for him

Brethren, my supposedly ever young fineboy dad came back wearing one kind glasses that had him looking like an old retired government secondary school principal in one of those remote villages.

The frame nor just fit am at all.

The thing was very oversize.

As in the glass frame big pass my daddy's small face.

My mum kept saying wow, see how you are looking so smart.

Omo!

Inside my mind, I was saying "yes make e dey go round like this."

This oversize ehn, everybody must collect!

Photos used for illustration
Re: Nigerian Parents And Oversized Cloths | My Own Story by StrictlyStreet: 2:52pm On Jul 05, 2021
I envy this boy's swag.

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Parents And Oversized Cloths | My Own Story by ragna1991(m): 2:55pm On Jul 05, 2021
StreetFight:
Till today, I am very uncomfortable in fitted clothes. I grew up in oversized clothes and I am used to it. My feet is currently size 42, but I wear size 44 and sometimes manage size 43. I cannot wear a show that is my size, its makes me very uncomfortable. I don't like tight things. Even while growing up, only big aunties with big pusssies were fuccking me, so till today, I don't like tight pusssies.

One million salutation to my late grandma. I know she is eating and dinning with God

You actually have a case here , but you don't know.. please those aunty are they still alive .. sue them for child abuse Because the contributed to your problem or sexuality today... How can you prefer WWP ...WORLD WIDE PUSSY ....TO A ..TTP TINY TIGHT PUSSY

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Parents And Oversized Cloths | My Own Story by MamaAyo: 2:56pm On Jul 05, 2021
Wahala grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Parents And Oversized Cloths | My Own Story by Reelmii: 2:56pm On Jul 05, 2021
Mad oooo.... African parents

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Parents And Oversized Cloths | My Own Story by ajailer(m): 2:59pm On Jul 05, 2021
Ha dis thing no be small matter for me growing up o.

Na so Dem buy one oversized moccasin for me in pry sch o .... In d morning before assembly time, my friends go dey play around on the play ground..... na only me go dey one corner as I no go fit run around with my friends due to my oversized shoes...

Op, na old wound u go open o angry

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Parents And Oversized Cloths | My Own Story by Vally27: 2:59pm On Jul 05, 2021
Guy climb stage and go showcase your talent ��

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Parents And Oversized Cloths | My Own Story by Zeuslord(m): 3:00pm On Jul 05, 2021
Some of you guys are complaining!
Mumsy go tell me say make I follow her go market make she buy shoe for me.
but we will still return to the house with a shoe meant for the future (5years + ooo).
so my own internal pains and tears dey start from market.

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Parents And Oversized Cloths | My Own Story by Obinna141: 3:03pm On Jul 05, 2021
hahahahhahahahaha, African parents are all fucking dwelt with same mentality, can't tell which one is better.

overzealous upcoming young evangelist sent to win lost souls for Christ. ooooh my gosh.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Parents And Oversized Cloths | My Own Story by FiverrTutor(m): 3:04pm On Jul 05, 2021
StrictlyStreet:
I envy this boy's swag.

Lol, that was how my mum dressed me up those days in Primary school

11 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

My Pregnant Ex Girlfriend Has Refused My Help / My Fiancée Is Acting Suspicious / 6-Year-Old Boy Cries As His Mother Weds (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.