Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,825 members, 7,851,774 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 07:48 AM

Nigerian Parents And Oversized Cloths | My Own Story - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigerian Parents And Oversized Cloths | My Own Story (32220 Views)

Most Nigerian Parents And Their Poor Child Spacing! A Must Read!!! / Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story / US Soldier Flies Home To Surprise His Parents And Walks In On Them Having Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Parents And Oversized Cloths | My Own Story by Milly19(m): 3:05pm On Jul 05, 2021
na my P man wahala be that ooo he like to do things in his way

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Parents And Oversized Cloths | My Own Story by Herexcellency94: 3:09pm On Jul 05, 2021
That was when u will be hearing trouser before knicker
And Papa dash me
����� So funny

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Parents And Oversized Cloths | My Own Story by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jul 05, 2021
This thread shouldn't vanish like this. It should be pin to FP to cheer people as the cuntry's situation can make u drpressed.
This is thread pf the day,week,month,year.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Parents And Oversized Cloths | My Own Story by Jafar1: 3:14pm On Jul 05, 2021
I remember how my mom BOLDLY asked our principal to give me an oversize games wear meant for huge and fat students when I was selecting games wear immediately I entered SSS1....

After 9 yrs now, na this year the games wear dey try size me ... grin
Infact, I can print my name on the back, wear it and play football or basketball without issues, I will run well and score goals.......

With the size of uniforms I have then, I remember one of my teacher that will always make sure he use his hand to shape the shirts and trousers to my size before flogging me, otherwise, baba na odeshi ooo...

Short sleeve be like 3/4..
As for armless shirts, baba forget becos all ur ribs go dey show outside

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Parents And Oversized Cloths | My Own Story by OssyMalik: 3:16pm On Jul 05, 2021
The over-sized clothes were common with the boys than girls. If a girl was worn oversized clothes, she definitely nagged about it grin

16 Likes

Re: Nigerian Parents And Oversized Cloths | My Own Story by Eyeofsauron(m): 3:20pm On Jul 05, 2021
Hehehehe..
All these skinny Jean boys of these days. Life in those days na serious cruise
Personally, I look back to it with nolstagia... Pikin go wear shirt you go think say na bedsheets Dem take wrap am. Suit nko?
That one na cosublai.. Coat+suit+blazers..

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Parents And Oversized Cloths | My Own Story by Poshvector12345: 3:22pm On Jul 05, 2021
Una know that thing where your parents go dress you up wrap you in a special wrapper and snap you when you are baby. Enlarge the picture then frame it??
What if I told you that the cloth I wore in that picture I wore it till my puberty almost expired at 14??
The cloth was big then it was also elastic. So I dey grow into the cloth year in year out grin grin
And the only reason I stop wearing it was because I put it in bleach for 2 days and forgot.
My mum still wanted to break my head for wasting cloth that other children are looking for.

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Parents And Oversized Cloths | My Own Story by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jul 05, 2021
Na laugh wan kill me 4 here o angry grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Parents And Oversized Cloths | My Own Story by DonaldGenes(m): 3:25pm On Jul 05, 2021
StreetFight:
Till today, I am very uncomfortable in fitted clothes. I grew up in oversized clothes and I am used to it. My feet is currently size 42, but I wear size 44 and sometimes manage size 43. I cannot wear a show that is my size, its makes me very uncomfortable. I don't like tight things. Even while growing up, only big aunties with big pusssies were fuccking me, so till today, I don't like tight pusssies.

One million salutation to my late grandma. I know she is eating and dinning with God

Lmao Bros you won't keel person

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Parents And Oversized Cloths | My Own Story by GboyegaD(m): 3:26pm On Jul 05, 2021
Lucky me then. Most things that were bought for me were my exact size except for those ones they handed over to me from my brother which were very few.
Re: Nigerian Parents And Oversized Cloths | My Own Story by rill: 3:26pm On Jul 05, 2021
Nah POVERTY mentality cause am

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Parents And Oversized Cloths | My Own Story by Queenethofficia: 3:28pm On Jul 05, 2021
StreetFight:
Till today, I am very uncomfortable in fitted clothes. I grew up in oversized clothes and I am used to it. My feet is currently size 42, but I wear size 44 and sometimes manage size 43. I cannot wear a show that is my size, its makes me very uncomfortable. I don't like tight things. Even while growing up, only big aunties with big pusssies were fuccking me, so till today, I don't like tight pusssies.

One million salutation to my late grandma. I know she is eating and dinning with God
Kai baba your own is on another level

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Parents And Oversized Cloths | My Own Story by seanwilliam(m): 3:30pm On Jul 05, 2021
Mrxawe:
E get one baggy jeans my mama by for me in 2001 during Christmas. Now I'm 29 years, living alone and independent but I still have that jeans in my wardrobe.

But I swear to God, up till now that jeans never still size me. Sometimes I go wan throway am but I still see it as a treasure that should be in a museum grin. I only wore that jeans once and that was boxing day of 2001. I remember those agbero kids in my street at Isale eko (you know how rugged that place was back then) laughing me and using me to do yeye.i can never forget. Shame catch me so tay I run back go house go off am instantly and that was the last time I ever wore it. This is 2021 and that shi doesn't still size me. When I look at it, am always like "what the hell". How did I look on this baggy jeans back then. As a kid, I preferred my father buying cloths for me. He go buy you confirm stuff wey you sef go like but you see my mama ehn, she go buy you cloth wey you go fit use for the next 20 years.
Lol . If jeans of over 20 years no size you then it means you’ have a very small stature ..

Lol.when I was younger , na kito I Dey put on.. my school uniform ehn , e go big na duvet so tey cold no fit catch me grin

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Parents And Oversized Cloths | My Own Story by GboyegaD(m): 3:33pm On Jul 05, 2021
FiverrTutor:

Lol, that was how my mum dressed me up those days in Primary school

Sounds strange though. I thought primary school was that time or parents wanted us to look sharp going to school.
Re: Nigerian Parents And Oversized Cloths | My Own Story by TheEnygma(m): 3:35pm On Jul 05, 2021
Una own small.... My late mom (bless her sweet soul) once bought a trouser for me when I was not even up to 9 years old.
The trousers started fitting me proper when I became 17 years old. gringringrin.... As for shirts, let me not even go there.

11 Likes

Re: Nigerian Parents And Oversized Cloths | My Own Story by pocohantas(f): 3:37pm On Jul 05, 2021
Ishilove:

True sha, but I didn't grow so fast. I didn't change clothes very often, if I recall correctly.

Your mum is wonderful to have bought you guys the right sizes. Many were not that lucky.
cheesy cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Parents And Oversized Cloths | My Own Story by Kaybae(f): 3:38pm On Jul 05, 2021
LadySarah:

I Don laugh tire this morning. My mom once bought me the one that hands like akupe(hand fan). My elder bro taunted me regularly asking me if the trumpet had sounded and mom was getting me ready to fly to heaven. I used to cry each time she brought it out.One Sunday I vowed never to go to church again and always stayed back home until she got tired and bought new ones.
. can't stop laughing right now

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Parents And Oversized Cloths | My Own Story by PotatoSalad(m): 3:40pm On Jul 05, 2021
I still wear oversized clothes. Although hoodies and sweatshirts

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Parents And Oversized Cloths | My Own Story by drezzyx(m): 3:43pm On Jul 05, 2021
LadySarah:

I Don laugh tire this morning. My mom once bought me the one that hands like akupe(hand fan). My elder bro taunted me regularly asking me if the trumpet had sounded and mom was getting me ready to fly to heaven. I used to cry each time she brought it out.One Sunday I vowed never to go to church again and always stayed back home until she got tired and bought new ones.
I don't reply comments but this your story got me laughing.
My belle dey pain me from laughter...
Wetin sef kuku kill me with laughter.

15 Likes

Re: Nigerian Parents And Oversized Cloths | My Own Story by hbemigho(m): 3:51pm On Jul 05, 2021
My belle oo
Acidosis:

Dead grin grin grin Parachute aye
Re: Nigerian Parents And Oversized Cloths | My Own Story by hbemigho(m): 3:53pm On Jul 05, 2021
Ode!
opsyswagger:
at your old age your mum still they buy you shoe
Re: Nigerian Parents And Oversized Cloths | My Own Story by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jul 05, 2021
Me na inherit I dey inherit clothes, my parents rarely bought clothes for me...only school uniforms were bought and sewn for me. There was a time I quickly outgrew the oversized uniform they had sewn, so momsy go sew another one...I no gree wear the new one again grin na fight we dey always fight on that matter, so tey I go smuggle the old uniform go place wey I go change.
Church nko? This issue dey part of why I no like church till now, when I go dey church ( big men church oo, infact na the church wizkid been dey go with him mama then) I go come see children with fine fine clothes, my own papa go dey give me hin shirt and trousers dey wear, dey talk big boy yen yen yen...lol

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Parents And Oversized Cloths | My Own Story by sisisioge: 3:57pm On Jul 05, 2021
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I have two terrible pictures from childhood where I looked like an hanger used to hang an oversize dress grin....may God bless us jare....they said I will grow into the dress grin grin grin grin

21 Likes

Re: Nigerian Parents And Oversized Cloths | My Own Story by hbemigho(m): 3:59pm On Jul 05, 2021
I forgot to add that the suit I wore for my convocation is still in my museum, sorry wardrobe.

Asin, 8 years later, I never fit still wear am because it's still very oversize.

Those people do me shege sha.

This isn't suppose to be funny, but the comments here been cracking me up since morning.

You people should be calming down abeg

13 Likes

Re: Nigerian Parents And Oversized Cloths | My Own Story by Jerryjessy207(m): 4:03pm On Jul 05, 2021
grin angry angry angry angry
Re: Nigerian Parents And Oversized Cloths | My Own Story by Jerryjessy207(m): 4:03pm On Jul 05, 2021
grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Parents And Oversized Cloths | My Own Story by NamelessOGBENI(m): 4:06pm On Jul 05, 2021
...... overzealous upcoming evangelist sent against their will to win lost souls for Christ in the remotest of villages....

This part got me

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Parents And Oversized Cloths | My Own Story by BecaciaBarbie(f): 4:06pm On Jul 05, 2021
Haha haha I didn't expect this thread to be this funny nah

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Parents And Oversized Cloths | My Own Story by Techguy96(m): 4:08pm On Jul 05, 2021
ford101:
All this small boys wey no get swag. I remember the days of fubu 05.God that year was off the hook.if you see me on my afro, big white tee shirt, fubu and timms. Then u ll respect the game.
How's ur wife n kids sir
Re: Nigerian Parents And Oversized Cloths | My Own Story by NoToPile: 4:10pm On Jul 05, 2021
Oh my Goodness's

I have been laughing since, grandma bought christmas suit for my son in 2019, the suit is still not yet his size grin

I am also guilty of some of these sha. cheesy

But then these kids grow so fast.

You buy accurate size for a 3month old, in 4 weeks max it might not size them again

11 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

My Fiancée Is Acting Suspicious / My Pregnant Ex Girlfriend Has Refused My Help / 6-Year-Old Boy Cries As His Mother Weds (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.