Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,813 members, 7,817,359 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:54 AM

Is It Possible To Apply For 2 Vacancy Roles In Same Company? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Is It Possible To Apply For 2 Vacancy Roles In Same Company? (7022 Views)

Npower: Please Try As Much As Possible To Attend Your PPA / Graduate Engineer & Other Engineering Roles At ExxonMobil / Is It Possible To Work From Home In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Possible To Apply For 2 Vacancy Roles In Same Company? by WoundedLamb: 1:39pm On Jul 06, 2021
Hi!

I don't know about Nigeria but where I am, the HR would even advise you to look at their list of vacant positions and apply for those you believe would be a good fit. You could even apply for one and they'd still offer you another after the recruitment exercise. This happens either because the two roles are closely related or the candidate has a lot of transferable skills. Therefore, nothing actually stops you from outrightly applying for the two from the onset.

Most HR systems make a distinction between applicants and applications. These two entities have a one-to-many relationship (i.e. one applicant can have multiple applications). I know this cause I have designed/developed enough enterprise systems to last me for a lifetime. The systems are built this way for a reason. Any HR model that's not flexible enough to accommodate this will definitely lose talents. A design decision which has become some sort of an argument is whether the CV should be associated with the applicant or the application. If with the applicant, then you have a single CV entry, and if with the application, then you have multiple CV entries (but don't let this fool you, very different CV's would be considered a red flag).

Caution; do not apply for too many roles, this would make it look as if you're looking for whatever sticks. Do not apply for any two completely unrelated roles, this would greatly dilute your experience in both. Do you not use very different CV's if you're allowed to upload one CV per application, this would reduce your credibility.

You have my best wishes!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Possible To Apply For 2 Vacancy Roles In Same Company? by uuzba(m): 2:03pm On Jul 06, 2021
It is surely possible to do it. Just apply.
But to get the roles is where the wahala is.
Re: Is It Possible To Apply For 2 Vacancy Roles In Same Company? by Darkblood: 2:35pm On Jul 06, 2021
Damnnn niggar
Isoright....
My man
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright....

Ogbeni apply for one make you relax...
Wetin go be...go be...

If them go take you...them take you...
If you like apply for Five role...if them nor go take you...them nor go take you
Re: Is It Possible To Apply For 2 Vacancy Roles In Same Company? by Danny5050: 2:50pm On Jul 06, 2021
adaperry25:
I checked a job website and found a company advertising for 2 positions and they fit my job description perfectly. Is it ideal for me to apply in both or select one and apply? Need some guidance

You can apply for both.. there's nothing wrong except it's stated otherwise.
Re: Is It Possible To Apply For 2 Vacancy Roles In Same Company? by Germi9: 2:57pm On Jul 06, 2021
Give me one position,dont be greedy
Re: Is It Possible To Apply For 2 Vacancy Roles In Same Company? by Germi9: 2:57pm On Jul 06, 2021
adaperry25:
I checked a job website and found a company advertising for 2 positions and they fit my job description perfectly. Is it ideal for me to apply in both or select one and apply? Need some guidance
Give me one position, dont be greedy
Re: Is It Possible To Apply For 2 Vacancy Roles In Same Company? by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jul 06, 2021
Yes very possible, some coys allow it, some even interview you for different roles
Re: Is It Possible To Apply For 2 Vacancy Roles In Same Company? by Focusmind: 3:16pm On Jul 06, 2021
If it is a foreign company, no problem. But if it is a Nigerian company, omo, de HR sef go curse you die. Nigerian companies are still in primitive times, especially some of their HR personnel.

Just respect yourself and select the one most suitable to your previous experience or where you have slight comparative advantage in terms of experience, professional qualifications and future growth.

In google, Amazon or Apple, you could apply for more than one opening at a time.
Re: Is It Possible To Apply For 2 Vacancy Roles In Same Company? by FlyingTOMATOE: 4:14pm On Jul 06, 2021
Yes you can if the roles is within your practice
Re: Is It Possible To Apply For 2 Vacancy Roles In Same Company? by columbus36(m): 4:23pm On Jul 06, 2021
There's no atom of insanity in applying for both. Good.
Re: Is It Possible To Apply For 2 Vacancy Roles In Same Company? by samwash(m): 4:25pm On Jul 06, 2021
You can apply for both opening if you have the requirements & expirence, unless it is stated that you can only apply for one slot.
For those of you saying it's greed, it's not in any way.
Re: Is It Possible To Apply For 2 Vacancy Roles In Same Company? by Shakur86(m): 4:48pm On Jul 06, 2021
Saraki applied for both senate and country president at once, business takes place in any form as long u are NAIJA[/quote]
And how did it ended for him?
Re: Is It Possible To Apply For 2 Vacancy Roles In Same Company? by Asour: 4:54pm On Jul 06, 2021
Yes.

Unless you are otherwise advised.
Re: Is It Possible To Apply For 2 Vacancy Roles In Same Company? by Gjmff: 5:34pm On Jul 06, 2021
No
Re: Is It Possible To Apply For 2 Vacancy Roles In Same Company? by donPhill(m): 5:41pm On Jul 06, 2021
adaperry25:
baba share the link make boiz apply na

(1) (2) (Reply)

Huawei Telecoms Recruits Graduates / I Just Missed A Job Due To Incapable Hands At Pruvia Consulting Limited, / Happy Worker’s Day. From N-power_ng

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.